Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,377 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524632 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 10:59am On Jun 23, 2017
Just picked up my passport. Visa granted for 2 years.

Biometrics: 31-05-2017
Received by UKVI: 01-06-2017
Visa Issued: 16-06-2017
TLS dispatched to courier since 19-06-2017 but DHL did not pick my package till this morning so I just went to their processing facility to collect it.

Thanks @justwise and ekpotek for ur support.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

Many thanks,

I live in London with my wife who is pregnant. We are permanently based in London. I want to invite my mother inlaw for Ougwo. So my questions are on her behalf.

Guy put all ur documents ur wife's and urs include all her medical stories they know all this that grandparents come in and help to take care of newborns. Fill in ur form hopefully ur mother inlaw does not need leave from work I can tell u all this done well she can stay 5 months to be on safe side she goes back renew and come bk to help u with d new born . But make sure u fill d family application and not d general visa application forms

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
DobraDobra:

Guy put all ur documents ur wife's and urs include all her medical stories they know all this that grandparents come in and help to take care of newborns. Fill in ur form hopefully ur mother inlaw does not need leave from work I can tell u all this done well she can stay 5 months to be on safe side she goes back renew and come bk to help u with d new born . But make sure u fill d family application and not d general visa application forms

All visitor visa is now called standard visitor under the new online application system. The applicant may wish to use the old system that still offers subgroups of visitor visas.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
ekpotek:

All visitor visa is now called standard visitor under the new online application system. The applicant may wish to use the old system that still offers subgroups of visitor visas.

Really grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
DobraDobra:

Am quite lost here and need to be found pls...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Old system
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

New system
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa

Many thanks.

I want to believe no method/link is more beneficial than the other
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Thanks for d above information I never knew there is a new development
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

Since I have been corrected on d application u will need to fill it will make no difference while u apply for ur mother inlaw. U said u reside permanently in Uk and u have a reason for her to come over just fill ur form and include letters from GP about ur wife having a baby I can tell u they know our parents come here to help us. I don't think there is problem with that and her staying 5 months too can't be wahala coss she can prove whe stay with u help with d kid then return. As u know it's no more easy to find job now in Uk so they for old mama like her na baby she come help with .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
@ekpotek @justwise and other gurus

A friend wants to apply for a 6month visa does it make any difference if she mentioned in her cover letter that her husband has a current valid visa. NB she is traveling alone also is the husband's consent letter compulsory. thanks for ur response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
DobraDobra:

Since I have been corrected on d application u will need to fill it will make no difference while u apply for ur mother inlaw. U said u reside permanently in Uk and u have a reason for her to come over just fill ur form and include letters from GP about ur wife having a baby I can tell u they know our parents come here to help us. I don't think there is problem with that and her staying 5 months too can't be wahala coss she can prove whe stay with u help with d kid then return. As u know it's no more easy to find job now in Uk so they for old mama like her na baby she come help with .

@Brightingsus, be sure you have adequate arrangements as per your accommodation enough to accommodate her, good credit rating etc. She is a plus for UK govt getting more tax from your income. Look at it from that angle.

You however need to state some info about the purpose of visiting and be in d middle as per duration of stay.
All the best and regards to your wiffy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
ekpotek:

[/b]....You are only permitted by law to stay for up to 180 days per visit. [b]

This explains it. As long as it is legal, economically good for the govt and explainable, there won't be any problems
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DobraDobra: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
nairacountry:

@Brightingsus, be sure you have adequate arrangements as per your accommodation enough to accommodate her, good credit rating etc. She is a plus for UK govt getting more tax from your income. Look at it from that angle.

You however need to state some info about the purpose of visiting and be in d middle as per duration of stay.

Ha we don dey make dis thing high o dat fear may set in what is good credit rating ? They don't even care if u live in one room . U are a legal residence remember mama is not migrating na just visit I don't think checking ur credit rating or how much u get in salary is important here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
rinw:
i got a mail from TLS that it has been dispatched by courier they also included the tracking number.
Ok thanks, we haven't received such Email from TLS,which means that her passport is still with UK embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
Astonestone:

There has been an increase in refusals for Visitors visas esp for elderly parents. Your MIL coming as much it would save money, it may lead to a long long ban from refusals for her. [/b]They are more strict now than they've ever been[b]. I would not recommend more than 2 months on a 6 months visa. How that would help, I don't know. I know the cost of childcare can be very expensive esp in London but the choice is yours... Risk MIL coming to save money and future refusals or just wing it for two months till the next application

That's no quite true. They are as strict as would be on a normal peak period (summer period herald increase in frivolous applications) but at the same time they are more open to econonomic viability since the Brexit is imminent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
DobraDobra:

Ha we don dey make dis thing high o dat fear may set in what is good credit rating ? They don't even care if u live in one room . U are a legal residence remember mama is not migrating na just visit I don't think checking ur credit rating or how much u get in salary is important here

grin grin grin grin grin grin You don't want to invite mama into a room with wiffy expectant. Lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2017
nairacountry:

Hello dear.

Yeah I have a mortgaged house occupied by wife and i only. So accommodation is not a biggie. About the credit rating, what do I need it for though? Am not borrowing for my mother inlaw's trip. Lol. We have all the necessary pregnancy and antenatal appointments documentation including the expected delivery date. It's called a MAT B form.

By middle of duration of stay, you mean 3 months on a 6months visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
rinw:

TLS dispatched to courier since 19-06-2017 but DHL did not pick my package till this morning so I just went to their processing facility to collect it.

Congrats. Enjoy your trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amaeve(f): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
nairacountry:

What are your ties back home. Those things&persons with valid documentations that will bring you back home rather than staying put in the UK with your boyfriend

Thank you for your reply, I just registered my business this month. I have my dad and siblings here. Please I intend presenting my business certificate and bank statement to them with permission letter from my dad. Will these be enough to stand as my strong ties?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lizzyfash27: 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good evening everyone.. my best friend wants me to attend her baby's thanksgiving service as the godmother... I am a civil servant who earns 80k... I have been to Ghana once. I also have a reasonable amount In my account. I am single. Please what are chances of getting the visa? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
rinw:

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
nairacountry:

He is not applying for mortgage or loan.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

You are over thinking this issue, bytheway.. if your mother inlaw is given 6months visa it doesn't means she can stay 6months in the UK, she is expected to stay for the number of days or months you stated in her visa application else renewing that visa will be tough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
hello justwise,

please i want to apply for a UK Visit visa. please wants the first step. the last time i applied was 4 years ago was refused based on finance. your kind advise will be appreciate. links too . thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by huey99(m): 10:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Your visa type is a 6 month standard visitor visa. The onus is on you to prove to ECO that you will return back to Nigeria after your visit. Being sponsored thus not guaranteed a visa. So read backward to know the documents you will need to submit with your application.

Thanks very much for your reply, I have been able to fill the application but I am stuck at the payment procedure. I tried using my access visa card and even the paga payment systems on the ukvi site but it has both been unsuccessful.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Astonestone: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
DobraDobra:

For a first time application for six months, I don't think saying you want to stay four months is really okay. Even if the ECO knows parents help their children, they also still consider this a job I.e childcare. The visa may be granted depending on how you present your case but best you avoid risks. Like I said, you may have two years visa and reach POE, the immigration officer there can cancel and send you back because he feels you are abusing the visa. Just do very thing with caution
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:42am On Jun 24, 2017
Astonestone:

For a first time application for six months, I don't think saying you want to stay four months is really okay. Even if the ECO knows parents help their children, they also still consider this a job I.e childcare. The visa may be granted depending on how you present your case but best you avoid risks. Like I said, you may have two years visa and reach POE, the immigration officer there can cancel and send you back because he feels you are abusing the visa. Just do very thing with caution

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2017
Believe13:
hello justwise,

please i want to apply for a UK Visit visa. please wants the first step. the last time i applied was 4 years ago was refused based on finance. your kind advise will be appreciate. links too . thanks

All the possible steps you need is here in this thread, all you need is to read few pages and if you don't find what you are looking for then ask specific question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:31am On Jun 24, 2017
lizzyfash27:
Good evening everyone.. my best friend wants me to attend her baby's thanksgiving service as the godmother... I am a civil servant who earns 80k... I have been to Ghana once. I also have a reasonable amount In my account. I am single. Please what are chances of getting the visa? Thanks

Your chances are very low because you don't have a strong tie to Nigeria, this application will cost you at least 4months of your salary and your reason for spending that much of your salary in just 2-3weeks is not strong enough.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2017
justwise, i know am suppose to go through the trend,my apologies.

when i applied then ,it was somebody that filled the form for me. understand there are changes now . my income is 200k now ,married now with a kid . planing a 2 week holiday in the uk. my passport is presently with US embassy intend picking up by nextweek so i can apply for UK nextweek .my leave start next month.

i did US my self ,i release its best you apply yourself after going through nairaland. this forum is really really helpful.God bless everyone contributing to this forum.

am still going through the thread but your kind assistance now will be highly appreciated.

Thanks alot .

justwise:

All the possible steps you need is here in this thread, all you need is to read few pages and if you don't find what you are looking for then ask specific question.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by XXCASH: 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
Guys need your help

I did biometrics on 2nd June, got a mail from UKVI on 14th (TLS is wicked), checked and can see that UKVI decided on 20th

Why no update on TLS site. I want to travel on Thursday to meet up an engagement on Friday

I'm considering going to TLS on Wednesday 28th June. What's your advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
Believe13:
justwise, i know am suppose to go through the trend,my apologies.

when i applied then ,it was somebody that filled the form for me. understand there are changes now . my income is 200k now ,married now with a kid . planing a 2 week holiday in the uk. my passport is presently with US embassy intend picking up by nextweek so i can apply for UK nextweek .my leave start next month.

i did US my self ,i release its best you apply yourself after going through nairaland. this forum is really really helpful.God bless everyone contributing to this forum.

am still going through the thread but your kind assistance now will be highly appreciated.

Thanks alot .

Ok do that and if you have any specific question feel free to ask

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.