Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1534705 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Annbabie: 10:15am On Jun 30, 2017
Dear All,

Please i want to ask some questions on this platform and i know you will put me through.i will like to visit uk with my 3years old daughter. I'm a house wife but hubby works in a multinational company.He won't be going with us because he will be busy at work.my husband's cousin will be sending invitation. We have all visited Uae and south Africa as a family. He has like 2m in his account. Are we good to go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:15am On Jun 30, 2017
cookies:
How about me that have been to the Uk 5 times on a visit visa (with husband & kids) and 1year study visa. During those visits I always stay beyond the duration I normally state during my application, but never overstayed the duration of the visa itself, I have also renewed in the past & got new visas despite this, I just applied for a renewal on June 20. I hope my chances of getting it are high?
Please guys, kindly share your thoughts...

Each aplicant and application is decided based on its own merit. The fact that the ECO did not take into account your staying beyong your intended stay will depend on the number of extra days spent and if it is significant enough to be considered as abused of visa term. However, this does not means that everyone will be lucky like you. Beside your immigration and travel history and family ties seems okay for the ECO to overlook this abuse. My advise is that applicants should adhere to the term of their visa approval on their first visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
@ Justwise, Ekpotek and gurus in the house, please I need your advice on the consequences of withdrawal of my tier 4 application.

I applied for my visa application on 18th April 2017 and did my biometrics same day. I had my interview on 20th April 2017.
On 8th May, I got a mail from UKVI that my application wasn't straightforward.
On 19th June home office gave me an impromptu call for another phone interview and interviewed me that same day
On 20th June, home office called me again but I missed their call and they have not called again.
STILL NO DECISION YET
I have tracked my application and decision have not been made even as i am typing this message.
My school enrollment date have passed and from the look of things I have already missed out this June take.
My school have told me to withdraw the application and re apply with the new CAS for September they will be proving me with.
I think I have no option than to withdraw the visa application with the view that the time purpose for the application have passed (which is my enrollment day for studies) and then look forward for September intake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cookies: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
Thanks for your response. I don't quite understand the bolded part.

ekpotek:

Each aplicant and application is decided based on its own merit. The fact that the ECO did not take into account your staying beyong your intended stay will depend on the number of extra days spent and if it is significant enough to be considered as abused of visa term. However, this does not means that everyone will be lucky like you. Beside your immigration and travel history and family ties seems okay for the ECO to overlook this abuse. My advise is that applicants should adhere to the term of their visa approval on their first visit.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Annbabie: 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2017
Please gurus review my case
Annbabie:
Dear All,

Please i want to ask some questions on this platform and i know you will put me through.i will like to visit uk with my 3years old daughter. I'm a house wife but hubby works in a multinational company.He won't be going with us because he will be busy at work.my husband's cousin will be sending invitation. We have all visited Uae and south Africa as a family. He has like 2m in his account. Are we good to go?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
Annbabie:

It depends on a number of factors like his monthly income, expense, duration of your stay. Your husband's cousin also has to provide supporting documents that your accommodation and feeding can be taken care of. The gurus in the house can add more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
cookies:

Thanks for your response. I don't quite understand the bolded part.

I think Ekpotek meant that you should stay within the number of days you state in your Visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 8:33am On Jul 01, 2017
justwise . please if I don't provide my old passport. what are the chances I will get the visa as my old passport was stolen. please advise me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2017
McGibson:
please if I don't provide my old passport. what are the chances I will get the visa as my old passport was stolen. please advise me.

ekpotek

just wise !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Annbabie: 10:26am On Jul 01, 2017
Annbabie:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:42am On Jul 01, 2017
McGibson:
justwise . please if I don't provide my old passport. what are the chances I will get the visa as my old passport was stolen. please advise me.

I know there is a specific question that ask about the where about of previous passports. If you have entered stolen. Then you do not need to worry about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:47am On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=Annbabie post=58011657][/quote]

2million is okay. What documents are you submitting?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 11:08am On Jul 01, 2017
dcutey:

I think Ekpotek meant that you should stay within the number of days you state in your Visa application.

Yeah. But what of long term multiple visas like 2 years multiple entry visas with [/b]duration of stay 180Days?[b].

Whereas you can't state more than one visit while applying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Annbabie: 11:11am On Jul 01, 2017
My husband payslip, employment letter, marriage certificate, birth certificate of our daughter, bank statement, invitation letter
ekpotek:

2million is okay. What documents are you submitting?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 11:15am On Jul 01, 2017
[quote author=Annbabie post=58011657][/quote]

Does he currently posses UK Visa?

If not, let him apply alongside with you, streamline the budget (strictly Flight & Shopping) to accommodate just 50/60% of balance in his account, get all documents necessary for the application from your cousin, you will get the visas stating either of you must accompanied the kid(s) for theirs/his/hers to be VALID.

Then you guys can travel without him on the response that work loads cancelled his vacation......

Hope this helpful?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
ekpotek:

I know there is a specific question that ask about the where about of previous passports. If you have entered stolen. Then you do not need to worry about it.

I didn't see such. it was not provided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
nairacountry:

Yeah. But what of long term multiple visas like 2 years multiple entry visas with [/b]duration of stay 180Days?[b].

A long term visa 2 or 5 years with multiple entry allows the holder to enter the UK multiple times within the duration of the validity of the visa. This means that your visit must always be related to purpose of which you were granted the visa in the first place. Technically, with a long term visa, you can stay up to 180 days. But in practical term this is impossible unless you do not have an economic tie to your home country. To be honest, the UKBA views those who violate their visa term as working illegally in the UK. That's why many people have had their visa revoked at point of entry during subsequent visit by UKBA their mission to the U.K. Is doubtful.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
McGibson:

I didn't see such. it was not provided.

It is present in the old online application system. I would know if the question have been modified in the new online application system.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
Annbabie:
My husband payslip, employment letter, marriage certificate, birth certificate of our daughter, bank statement, invitation letter

Husband payslip - Irrelevant
Husband employment letter - Irrelevant
Marriage certificate - Relevant
Birth certificate - Relevant
Bank statement of husband- Relevant
Invitation letter - Relevant

In addition to the relevant documents you will need the following
Your bank statement if you have one
Utility billl of inviting person
Passport data page of inviting person
Photos, etc to proof relationship to inviting person.
The irrelevant documents are not needed unless your husband is also an applicant.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uuspace(m): 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
nairacountry:

I once applied for a 2 year visa in August. Stating i will travel in September. I got the visa, but did not travel in September. I went to the UK twice the next year. Each visit a weeks duration. At the expiration of that 2 year visa. I applied for visa again and was given. The main thing is do not violate visa rules. E.g recourse to work,staying 180 days when u claimed u had a job when u were applying. Someone that has a job cannot stay 180 days on the UK.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uuspace(m): 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
nairacountry:

I once applied for a 2 year visa in August. Stating i will travel in September. I got the visa, but did not travel in September. I went to the UK twice the next year. Each visit a weeks duration. At the expiration of that 2 year visa. I applied for visa again and was given. The main thing is do not violate visa rules. E.g recourse to work,staying 180 days when u claimed u had a job when u were applying. Someone that has a job cannot stay 180 days in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by huey99(m): 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
ekpotek:

I don't know how to help. If read back, many have similar complain on payment issues. Some got the solution by using a foreign card to pay. Some where lucky paying with paga. Still others commented that using the old online application portal will accept Naira cards. Just read backward and try all the solutions offered.

Thanks, found someone to pay for me

I have two accounts with my bank; a current acct for my salary and a savings acct. I applied for a six months statement for both, but the bank made a mistake by printing one month statement for my current acct.

hope this wont be a problem... also do I fill the checklist now

Thanks for all your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
huey99:

I have two accounts with my bank; a current acct for my salary and a savings acct. I applied for a six months statement for both, but the bank made a mistake by printing one month statement for my current acct.

Thanks for all your help

Their instruction states that six months statement be submitted, why not go back to the bank and request the rest.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Annbabie: 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
Thanks ekpotek i really appreciate, but about my bank account, i don't really have much there, let's say like 200k,i don't work for now
ekpotek:

Husband payslip - Irrelevant
Husband employment letter - Irrelevant
Marriage certificate - Relevant
Birth certificate - Relevant
Bank statement of husband- Relevant
Invitation letter - Relevant

In addition to the relevant documents you will need the following
Your bank statement if you have one
Utility billl of inviting person
Passport data page of inviting person
Photos, etc to proof relationship to inviting person.
The irrelevant documents are not needed unless your husband is also an applicant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ekpotek, pls how much can I put for expenses for 6 days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
uuspace:

I once applied for a 2 year visa in August. Stating i will travel in September. I got the visa, but did not travel in September. I went to the UK twice the next year. Each visit a weeks duration. At the expiration of that 2 year visa. I applied for visa again and was given. The main thing is do not violate visa rules. E.g recourse to work,staying 180 days when u claimed u had a job when u were applying. Someone that has a job cannot stay 180 days in the UK.

Thanks my brother. Applicant for UK visit visa tend to equate the maximum duration of stay with that of USA to be 180 days. Whereas your duration of stay in the USA is determined at POE, which you cannot violate. For instance you can enter the USA on the last date on your visa and still be stamped in for 6 months. However, you won't be allowed into the U.K. if you arrived at POE on the last date of your visa. The rules is if you want to be in the good books of UKBA, stick to your visa term and you will not have problems during renewal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
Believe13:
Ekpotek, pls how much can I put for expenses for 6 days?

Including local transport fare and meals. You cannot spend more 60 pounds per day. So for 6 days will amount to 360 pounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Emexnairaland:
@ Justwise, Ekpotek and gurus in the house, please I need your advice on the consequences of withdrawal of my tier 4 application.

I applied for my visa application on 18th April 2017 and did my biometrics same day. I had my interview on 20th April 2017.
On 8th May, I got a mail from UKVI that my application wasn't straightforward.
On 19th June home office gave me an impromptu call for another phone interview and interviewed me that same day
On 20th June, home office called me again but I missed their call and they have not called again.
STILL NO DECISION YET
I have tracked my application and decision have not been made even as i am typing this message.
My school enrollment date have passed and from the look of things I have already missed out this June take.
My school have told me to withdraw the application and re apply with the new CAS for September they will be proving me with.
I think I have no option than to withdraw the visa application with the view that the time purpose for the application have passed (which is my enrollment day for studies) and then look forward for September intake.

If your school had advise this. Go ahead and withdraw the application, however, I don't know if your application fee will be refunded after biometric.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
huey99:

Thanks for all your help
The instructions says 6 months bank statement. Why will want to submit just one month?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
OK. Thanks.

ekpotek:

Including local transport fare and meals. You cannot spend more 60 pounds per day. So for 6 days will amount to 360 pounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Emexnairaland(m): 6:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
My application has been decided on Thursday 29th June, so I can't withdraw it again. Am just worried about the possibility of getting the visa after school last enrollment date elapsed on 26th June
ekpotek:

If your school had advise this. Go ahead and withdraw the application, however, I don't know if your application fee will be refunded after biometric.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
Emexnairaland:
My application has been decided on Thursday 29th June, so I can't withdraw it again. Am just worried about the possibility of getting the visa after school last enrollment date elapsed on 26th June

Well you have to wait until your passport is return. If the visa is issued, you can still make it, if the school confirmed that you can still enroll. If the visa is denied, then try again with the new CAS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.