Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,910 members, 7,828,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1534598 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joyce27: 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
Hello everyone so we have decided that my husband should apply for 6 months family visit. He works and earns about #240.00 per month. List of documents he submit from my side utility bills, tenancy agreement, invitation letter, copy of my passport and copy of my resident permit from his side 6 months bank statement balance of 1.2m pay slips, leave letter, letter from bank, marriage certificate, wedding pictures, he applied on 20th got an email confirmation on the 21th. I will come back with the outcome.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
Austine2020:
My brother i don't know what they are doing with peoples passport that causes all these delays,.My wife is in the same situation as yours.She applied on 23rd May,Got "Decision" on 13th of june,but uptill now no news on her passport where about, She even used DHL to deliver her passport in the east because we live in the eastern part of Nigeria,thereby making it difficult for her to easily check at the VAC or the UK embassy unless she comes to lagos again,which we are planning to do if we dont get any news by end of the week,the inconvenience is very huge for people that lives in far away cities. I have never seen this kind of delays since 2009,the year she started obtaining(Schengen & US)Visas,Its very discouraging.

Whalahi this UK delay is something else

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Linc000: 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2017
Austine2020:
My brother i don't know what they are doing with peoples passport that causes all these delays,.My wife is in the same situation as yours.She applied on 23rd May,Got "Decision" on 13th of june,but uptill now no news on her passport where about, She even used DHL to deliver her passport in the east because we live in the eastern part of Nigeria,thereby making it difficult for her to easily check at the VAC or the UK embassy unless she comes to lagos again,which we are planning to do if we dont get any news by end of the week,the inconvenience is very huge for people that lives in far away cities. I have never seen this kind of delays since 2009,the year she started obtaining(Schengen & US)Visas,Its very discouraging.

This delay is indeed catastrophic..... Lol there is problems somewhere I guess

I had waited and right now am tired of waiting.... Even the purpose of traveling is defeated I really wonder may be they passue pple passport to another country u can't tell!!!!
I submitted and biometric on 26th of April in Ikeja VAC and decision was made on 24th of May after like 20 working days.......i waited for 10 working days for d Return Of my document... Nothing show..i mailed UKVI on 7th and got their response on 13th confirming for me that d decision has been made...after waiting without my passport being returned I then call again on 22nd June..... Then the guy now escalated the case but till now still waiting.... ...

Waiting Waiting Waiting....

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olufemiopa: 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
Dear All,

Please, I need your advice. My wife wants to apply for UK visiting visa. She is working with Federal Government of Nigeria but, unfortunately her payslip for the last 6 months are not ready from IPPS, can we submit without the payslips or what do you advise?

I want to sponsor my wife trip to the UK for 2weeks, I want to transfer the funds into her salary account. My question is, can I print her bank statement of account the same day I transfer the funds into her account?

I await your prompt advice.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 12:47am On Jun 29, 2017
Linc000:

This delay is indeed catastrophic..... Lol there is problems somewhere I guess

I had waited and right now am tired of waiting.... Even the purpose of traveling is defeated I really wonder may be they passue pple passport to another country u can't tell!!!!
I submitted and biometric on 26th of April in Ikeja VAC and decision was made on 24th of May after like 20 working days.......i waited for 10 working days for d Return Of my document... Nothing show..i mailed UKVI on 7th and got their response on 13th confirming for me that d decision has been made...after waiting without my passport being returned I then call again on 22nd June..... Then the guy now escalated the case but till now still waiting.... ...

Waiting Waiting Waiting....

Just Imagine!, Yours has been with them for over 2 months now. Am so disappointed because this is the first time my wife is applying for their Visa,.The Waiting game is becoming unbearable,i hope the aftermath comes good to make up for all these long wait.Lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kessel: 5:35am On Jun 29, 2017
@Justwise,you mentioned somewhere that a sample of payslip template is on the first page but I don't see it there,please redirect me accordingly tnx.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:23am On Jun 29, 2017
Olufemiopa:
Dear All,

Please, I need your advice. My wife wants to apply for UK visiting visa. She is working with Federal Government of Nigeria but, unfortunately her payslip for the last 6 months are not ready from IPPS, can we submit without the payslips or what do you advise?

I want to sponsor my wife trip to the UK for 2weeks, I want to transfer the funds into her salary account. My question is, can I print her bank statement of account the same day I transfer the funds into her account?

I await your prompt advice.

Thank you.

She should get a note from her employer that her pay slip is not available for now.

Transferring fund into your wife account is money lodgement. Submit your bank statement together with that of your wife. Include a covering note explaining to ECO that you are sponsoring the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 7:45am On Jun 29, 2017
If am using pounds. What's the exchange rate. Can I use the oanda site? I see people post on it .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:18am On Jun 29, 2017
Believe13:
If am using pounds. What's the exchange rate. Can I use the oanda site? I see people post on it .

Yes oanda is the official UKIV exchanger.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kessel: 11:55am On Jun 29, 2017
Justwise and other gurus please come to my aid oo,am about to loose a one time life opportunity.
My boss wants to sponsor me to UK and the documents are giving me headache.
1. Payslip(I had always collected my salary in cash and most time only few drops in my Acc)
2. My Acc balance is at the barest minimum to defend me at the embassy.,how do I handle this?
I have just before the end of the day before he decide on what to do on the issue.
Please guys,I don't wanna loose this opportunity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olufemiopa: 1:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
Thanks for your advice.

ekpotek:

She should get a note from her employer that her pay slip is not available for now.

Transferring fund into your wife account is money lodgement. Submit your bank statement together with that of your wife. Include a covering note explaining to ECO that you are sponsoring the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seangy4konji: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
@justwise , ekpotek and fellow nl members...i need help with some issues...

Na so i start wit SA and got my visa in 3 days so abeg help your friend here uk people.

I intend to apply for a UK visa by February of next year but the main issue after reading front and back is that i have a menial job i do which the pay is just 80k naira and it is paid to hand at every end of month...No pay slip or nothing but a registered company and can get an introduction letter from them,have my appointment letter but no slips or anything...i have a timber business i do which i sell to people and cash enter almost daily or thrice in a week and this is my major source of income and cash varies between 250k-1.2 million in a week which and sometimes nothing for 2-3 week if no market as we say but obviously i withdraw out some again to repurchase to satisfy other customers...

Please how would i go about this employment details and telling this VO about the job i do and how i am being paid for it...

I am being invited by my blood brother and sister who are British citizens and would be staying with one of them(but preferably might be booking and paying for a hotel for the duration of 14 days) but will be sponsoring myself for the trip so i know i will be needing all their docs and utilities and statements if need be.....

Will i need to write a letter when filling the application explaining about my income and also stating that i do collect cash at hand from place of workand also regarding the business,it is not registered,what documents do i need to submit to prove this business exist due to the inflow of cash from it on a regular basis?

This is the only issue that i have and thank in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smare22: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello guys, thanks for the good work you all doing here. Please i'm currently filling my UK visa application form for a business Visa, i would be going for a conference in August. I dont understand the part the form says amount earned because i currently own my registered company and i don't know if i should enter the total amount i make in one year or the total profit i make from the business for a calendar year? Thanks guys. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Astonestone: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2017
smare22:
Hello guys, thanks for the good work you all doing here. Please i'm currently filling my UK visa application form for a business Visa, i would be going for a conference in August. I dont understand the part the form says amount earned because i currently own my registered company and i don't know if i should enter the total amount i make in one year or the total profit i make from the business for a calendar year? Thanks guys. God bless

Please try to be paying yourself a certain amount as salary. As much as it is your company and all profit belongs to you, issues like this (embassy application) is why you need to be paying yourself a salary into your personal account.
Write an amount you consider salary and also start paying salary from this month.

Wait on others to give you more guidance though

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kessel: 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
cry cry cry
I lost the opportunity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
kessel:
Justwise and other gurus please come to my aid oo,am about to loose a one time life opportunity.
1. Payslip(I had always collected my salary in cash and most time only few drops in my Acc)
2. My Acc balance is at the barest minimum to defend me at the embassy.,how do I handle this?
I have just before the end of the day before he decide on what to do on the issue.

Your boss can still go ahead and sponsor you solely by making the application on your behalf and submitting enough sponsors evidence like the company statement of account,a fully booked hotel,your official profile/resume coming directly from your company,your appointment letter and all other documents that can prove that you truly work with him and on your own part,your statement of account no matter how little the balance is ,though inconsequential but it will at least indicate you have something to your name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeptonlin(m): 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hello house, is it necessary to include hotel reservation printout among the documents to take along for biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2017
adeptonlin:
Hello house, is it necessary to include hotel reservation printout among the documents to take along for biometrics?

Yes if you are planing to stay in an hotel!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeptonlin(m): 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
ekpotek:

Yes if you are planing to stay in an hotel!
Can you please suggest hotel sites that offer good prices in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
kessel:
@Justwise,you mentioned somewhere that a sample of payslip template is on the first page
but I don't see it there,please redirect me accordingly tnx.

I doubt that comment came from me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
kessel:

Sponsor you to the UK to visit or for business trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
smare22:

Do you have business account and tax certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kessel: 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2017
Solatium:

Your boss can still go ahead and sponsor you solely by making the application on your behalf and submitting enough sponsors evidence like the company statement of account,a fully booked hotel,your official profile/resume coming directly from your company,your appointment letter and all other documents that can prove that you truly work with him and on your own part,your statement of account no matter how little the balance is ,though inconsequential but it will at least indicate you have something to your name
Thanks but the dude has changed his mind about it.
I won't be making the trip with him again.
Thanks all thesame
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smare22: 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
Yes i do have a business account with a very good balance and i have another account i use as my personal account but my manger also sends some of my business money in there.... Your kind response would be appreciated boss.
justwise:

Do you have business account and tax certificate?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smare22: 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
Thanks for your response bro @justwise
Yes i do have a business account with a very good balance and i have another account i use as my personal account but my manger also sends some of my business money in there and yes i do have a state tax clearance and an FIRS Tax clearance for this current year.... Your kind response would be appreciated boss.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
smare22:
Thanks for your response bro @justwise
Yes i do have a business account with a very good balance and i have another account i use as my personal account but my manger also sends some of my business money in there and yes i do have a state tax clearance and an FIRS Tax clearance for this current year.... Your kind response would be appreciated boss.

Those two accounts and those tax papers should be in the list of documents to be presented.

Explain any payment made to your account from a third party
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smare22: 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
Thanks for your response again @justwise
I have so many customers paying into my business account but 70 percent of the money in my business account comes from myself because when my manager pays into my personal account i transfer it directly to my business account directly. Please bro kindly help me with the list of documents i need to submit. over 20m in business account and over 6m in personal account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cookies: 8:40am On Jun 30, 2017
How about me that have been to the Uk 5 times on a visit visa (with husband & kids) and 1year study visa. During those visits I always stay beyond the duration I normally state during my application, but never overstayed the duration of the visa itself, I have also renewed in the past & got new visas despite this, I just applied for a renewal on June 20. I hope my chances of getting it are high?
Please guys, kindly share your thoughts...

ekpotek:

Did she include the return ticket showing she intend to spend 68 days in her first application where she got the visa? Information of confirmed flight itinerary of applicants after visa approval is not within the purview of UKBA. What they know is the date you enter and depart from the U.K. which they check if it's in consonant with your visa application request. If it deviate substantially it will be a refusal during visa renewal unless you can provide convincing reasons for the overstay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.