Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526072 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
nairacountry:

About 9m closing balance with turnover of around 21m within the 6months printed. Corporate Account

With such a closing balance and turnover, the ECO knows that you are very unlikely to overstay or disappear in the UK as your home ties are very solid! ��. I would not advise any applicant to submit a 38 days old bank statement. I got my visa with a closing balance of less than 200K. What stood in my favor was my previous travel history to the U.K in the last 6 years which have never exceeded 10 days. My application took less than 5 days for a decision and the visa was issued at British high commission, Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
Thanks for your response ekpotek.

salary 200k
married with a child.
bank balance 1.7m
invitation from my aunt same person 4years ago.(invitation is not signed )
traveling alone for holidays.

ekpotek:

Having a US visa does not conferred any advantages for a U.K. visa because the two countries operate different systems of evaluating an applicant. In fact a Scenghen visa is more stronger than a US visa for U.K application. Having said that, your success will depend on the intention of your visit and supporting documents. With a previous UK visa refusals, you need to really package your application to avoid another refusal. That means, your job, income, bank balance and family ties in Nigeria and the U.K. will be the deciding factors. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
Believe13:
Thanks for your response ekpotek.

salary 200k
married with a child.
bank balance 1.7m
invitation from my aunt same person 4years ago.(invitation is not signed )
traveling alone for holidays.

Salary - Average
Family ties - good
Bank balance - good (you will need to explain how you saved such a huge balance with a salary of just 200K
Intention in the UK- This is where the issues lies, the ECO while be surprise that you're not vacationing with your family.

If you have good travel history, the ECO may over looked this. You need to have a strong reason why you're leaving your child behind. My opinion is hUng your UK visa application on premise that you are vacationing with your family to the US, and you which to stop over in the UK to visit your aunt whom you have not seen for a very long time. This way you can actually apply together with your husband and kid, where having a US visa will be taking into consideration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Arinzona4oxide: 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Arinzona4oxide: 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
Please how do I check UK visa application status asides using TLS?

What reference code is needed?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
Arinzona4oxide:
Dear All,

Please what could the message mean?
I did my Biometrics on 07/06/2017 at Abuja, I got a mail from on the 08/06/2017 that my application has been received by the UKVI.

On the 20th I received another mail from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk which reads;

Your Visa Application: VAF *******

Dear *********,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF******
For: **********

Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

This is a generic email. Every applicant get this email and its meaning nothing! Wait for the decision email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
ekpotek:

This is a generic email. Every applicant get this email and its meaning nothing! Wait for the decision email.

@ekpotek, please why does an application take 2 weeks to get to Sheffield from the day of biometrics when all documents are in electronic copy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
thanks.

been to only dubia about 4yrs ago. been working for about 8yrs now. first 6yrs was with a company . gratuity from first company though not up to 1m but above 500k.been saving up since last year for a vacation. its not lump sum.

ekpotek:

Salary - Average
Family ties - good
Bank balance - good (you will need to explain how you saved such a huge balance with a salary of just 200K
Intention in the UK- This is where the issues lies, the ECO while be surprise that you're not vacationing with your family.

If you have good travel history, the ECO may over looked this. You need to have a strong reason why you're leaving your child behind. My opinion is hUng your UK visa application on premise that you are vacationing with your family to the US, and you which to stop over in the UK to visit your aunt whom you have not seen for a very long time. This way you can actually apply together with your husband and kid, where having a US visa will be taking into consideration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Arinzona4oxide: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
ekpotek:

@ekpotek, thanks for the reply, Wednesday makes it exactly the 15th day counting from the day I did biometrics,possibly I get a feed back before the week runs out? as the conference I want to attend holds on the 5th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2017
ekpotek:

Salary - Average
Family ties - good

[/b]If you have good travel history,[b] the ECO may over looked this. You need to have a strong reason why you're leaving your child behind. My opinion is hUng your UK visa application on premise that you are vacationing with your family to the US, and you wish to stop over in the UK to visit your aunt whom you have not seen for a very long time. This way you can actually apply[b][/b] together with your husband and kid, [b][/b]where having a US visa will be taking into consideration.

Exactly my opinion too. If you must go to UK before the US, go with above option. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
yispa:

@ekpotek, please why does an application take 2 weeks to get to Sheffield from the day of biometrics when all documents are in electronic copy?

Don't know. What is moving at snail speed is not the application and documents but your passport. All other stuffs are electronically transferred, but your passport have to move physical from the TLS to Embassy and off to Sheffield and back same route. If your passport does not get to Sheffield on time, they cannot put the visa stamp on it even if a decision has been made on the application days back. My Opinion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
Arinzona4oxide:
Please how do I check UK visa application status asides using TLS?

What reference code is needed?

Thanks.

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/displayvisastatus/refnum/M2149150

Use your GW...... number. Mind you, it won't be accessible until when a decision has been made.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
Arinzona4oxide:

@ekpotek, thanks for the reply, Wednesday makes it exactly the 15th day counting from the day I did biometrics,possibly I get a feed back before the week runs out? as the conference I want to attend holds on the 5th.

Sure you should get a feedback soon. If not call their special phone number which is a paid service. To use this service, you must have a credit/debit card in handy as UKIV will request for its details in order for them to charge you for the call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
nairacountry:

Exactly my opinion too. If you must go to UK before the US, go with above option. Cheers

Yes she stand a better chance if she do the U.K application as a family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2017
Believe13:
thanks.

been to only dubia about 4yrs ago. been working for about 8yrs now. first 6yrs was with a company . gratuity from first company though not up to 1m but above 500k.been saving up since last year for a vacation. its not lump sum.

Explain it to ECO as you have done here in a cover letter with documents to back it up and it will be okay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jaypee2017: 1:12am On Jun 27, 2017
She should go to the TLS centre and collect her passport. My wife had a similar case and I told her to go there which she did and they gave her her passport.

Austine2020:
Pls how did u know that your passport is ready for collection from TLS? Did TLS sent u an Email? Am asking because Ukvi "Decided" on my wife Application on the 13 of june, But uptill now we haven't heard anything either from the embassy or receive any Email from TLS, Before we start talking of DHL, because we paid DHL for delivery also. She is going for conference,All her colleagues even the ones that didn't get their visa have collected their passport through DHL earlier this week accept her.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 1:31am On Jun 27, 2017
Hi @ ekpotek and @Justwise. sorry to bother you. please I am a civil servant and am currently working under a college of health as an education officer/lecturer. My aunt just sent me an invitation duly signed by her. she's a UK citizen. sh also sent me a scanned copy of her passport and her bank statements (current account and savings account). I was at Doha 2013 for 6months. my bank account is less than 500k. I have my leave permit from my college and also I have applied for my visa and my appointment is next week. please. am a bit nervous. what are my likely chances of getting a visa as my Aunt has shown she will take care of my expenses while am there and am going to stay with them for 6weeks. please tell me my chances. thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by HunkyPumpin(m): 5:52am On Jun 27, 2017
yispa:

@HunkyPumping
What date did you submit/biometrics and which of the TLS center did you use?
I submitted the application on 31st May, 2017 and the TLS center is VI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
@nairacountry and ekpotek, thanks alot for your advice.appreciate!

the invitation letter is not signed will it have any effect? cos she asked me to prefered the letter sent it to my aunt via mail for her to check . said is ok .

ekpotek:

Yes she stand a better chance if she do the U.K application as a family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
jaypee2017:
She should go to the TLS centre and collect her passport. My wife had a similar case and I told her to go there which she did and they gave her her passport.

Thanks, But we are not living in lagos and i dont want her to travel that long journey and be told by TLS that they have sent her passport to her through DHL or that her passport is still not available for collection,.thats why i want to see an Email from TLS or Embassy before deciding whether or not she can go to TLS. But if we don't see anything from now till weekend,then she can travel to Lagos on Sunday to see them on Monday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
Please how much is visa application fee to uk?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
ennyscongy:
Juswise help a brother out na
Why are you sending me pm undecided

What advice do you need from me that your mother can't offer you undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
Believe13:
@nairacountry and ekpotek, thanks alot for your advice.appreciate!

the invitation letter is not signed will it have any effect? cos she asked me to prefered the letter sent it to my aunt via mail for her to check . said is ok .

The invitation letter must be signed and addressed to the Entrance Clearance Officer (ECO). She should also disclose her telephone number and email address. If you plan to stay with her, then she must send you a copy of her current utility bill as proof of address, passport data page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ihejuruobic: 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
hello house, i was directed to a tls website after paying for my visa, now am required to pay for anotthr fee,but where am having issues is on my GWF number, i really dont get it as my own gwf number starts with ukvi, plz quick reponse will be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
She has sent the june utility bill, passport data page, phone number and address on invitation letter.

Pls note, last time it wasn't signed and I submitted like that.

ekpotek:

The invitation letter must be signed and addressed to the Entrance Clearance Officer (ECO). She should also disclose her telephone number and email address. If you plan to stay with her, then she must send you a copy of her current utility bill as proof of address, passport data page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Castalia: 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hi @justwise and all,
I want to apply for 6months UK visa for my wife and daughter.
I have a 5year UK visa, and valid US visa on passport. Wifey and daughter also have valid US Visas. They have previously had 6months UK visas which we used to travel in 2014. We both have a good travel history.

My wife works, but her pay is very infinitesimal. Like 50k per month. So I will be footing the bill.
My salary is about 400k monthly (net) and I also have a registered business for about 7years.
In our Previous application, my brother who has a resident permit sent me his documents and all, and we stayed in his house. However, this time, I do not plan to stay in his place, as we only plan 5days in UK before going to US. Hence we plan to stay in a hotel. Therefore, do I still need to ask for his documents?

Also, though I have a good account turnover, the balance on my personal account is 1m. 1 also have a dollar card with about 1k dollars.

1. Do I need to get documents from my wife's place of work? Actually, I will prefer not to, since I am the one footing the bill
2. will they need her statement of account? Like I said, her salary is 50k
3. Do I need to beef up my account first, or is the 1m balance ok? I plan to apply soon to travel early August, so i really dont av time to beef it up
4. Since I do not plan to see my brother, can I just apply for tourist visa? Or do I do the normal family visit options that i used for their previous application.
5. I already have my visa. Do I need any letter from my place of work showing I will be on leave at that period?

Please advice

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bookmytravel1(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
Good evening all and happy holiday. I pray all our heart desire comes to pass.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Believe13: 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
Pls if i want to apply for me and my daughter ,will I fill separate forms?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
Castalia:
Hi @justwise and all,
I want to apply for 6months UK visa for my wife and daughter.
I have a 5year UK visa, and valid US visa on passport. Wifey and daughter also have valid US Visas. They have previously had 6months UK visas which we used to travel in 2014. We both have a good travel history.[b][/b]

My wife works, but her pay is very infinitesimal. Like 50k per month. So I will be footing the bill.
My salary is about 400k monthly (net) and I also have a registered business for about 7years.
In our Previous application, my brother who has a resident permit sent me his documents and all, and we stayed in his house. However, this time, I do not plan to stay in his place, as we only plan 5days in UK before going to US. Hence we plan to stay in a hotel. Therefore, do I still need to ask for his documents?

Also, though I have a good account turnover, the balance on my personal account is 1m. 1 also have a dollar card with about 1k dollars.

1. Do I need to get documents from my wife's place of work? Actually, I will prefer not to, since I am the one footing the bill
2. will they need her statement of account? Like I said, her salary is 50k
3. Do I need to beef up my account first, or is the 1m balance ok? I plan to apply soon to travel early August, so i really dont av time to beef it up
4. Since I do not plan to see my brother, can I just apply for tourist visa? Or do I do the normal family visit options that i used for their previous application.
5. I already have my visa. Do I need any letter from my place of work showing I will be on leave at that period?

Please advice

The bold will count in their favour. Having said that:
1. Yes you will need to get document from her place of work eg letter of introduction from employer
2. Yes her statement of account plus payslips will be needed.
3. Since you're footing all the bill, do the math and evaluate if 1 million naira can be sufficient for a 5 days stay in the UK (air tickets for 3, hotel accommodation, local transport, feeding etc). If not provide an additional source of fund, by including your domiciliary account statement for the dollar card.
4. Since you have a successful visa outcome using family visit, I advise that you maintain that option. However, you can still change to the general visitor as this does not require any documents from your brother, except his passport data page and permit to stay in the UK. In fact all visitor visa is now classified as Standard irrespective of the category.
5. No, just include a copy of your visa and passport data page in their application document. Also include a cover letter to ECO to explain that you're sponsoring the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
Believe13:
Pls if i want to apply for me and my daughter ,will I fill separate forms?

Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.