Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525843 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 4:15am On Jul 18, 2017
veleta:
@Austin2020,yeah,the baby is entitled to six months visa by virtue of being an American citizen but before the expiration of the six months visa,the baby needs to apply for Uk visa under the category which I presume is Tier 2 that the child's parents are on.Upon entry in Uk,the baby can stay for six months without visa but before the 6 months visa expires,he/she needs to get a visa in UK in the category which the parents are otherwise the child would be staying illegally.

Its expensive to deliver in US but then if the parents can afford it then they should go for it atleast the child would have dual citizenship.
Alright, i understand you very well now. Because the child will be staying for more than 6months in the UK with the parents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2017
Advisory:

People this woman is going to uk as a Tier 2 worker, the us citizenship does not mean anything in this case. She enters for 6 months and still need to apply for a Tier 2 visa so what's the advantage of the 6 months ?

We know where she is going to! The poster wanted advise on if to apply for Tier 2 visa with her pregnancy or wait to delivery first. We have all suggested that she apply now and get the visa. Wherever she want to deliver the baby in US, UK or Nigeria is for the poster to decide. The child getting a Tier 2 dependent visa if born outside the UK is guarantee. What guarantees is there that the parents will remain and settled in UK for the child if born in the UK to be eligible for UK citizenship? The child will need to remain in the UK for at least 10 years to be eligible for UK citizenship by right without the parent and must not live outside the UK for more than 90 days. https://www.gov.uk/register-british-citizen/born-in-uk-after-1983 The question is which citizenship does the poster want for her child, US citizenship at birth or UK citizenship through settlement of either parents (indefinite leave to remain) or after 10 years living in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Toks2008(m): 8:11am On Jul 18, 2017
castiello:
Hello I need help I applied for a uk visa to attend a training course for 7days I was granted but could not go on the proposed date due to Nigeria master card problem I sent one week later and told the school to give me a one on one class with a little fee added I came back 3 weeks later, when my visa expired I try to renew by going back for Xmas but was refused here is what they said

Now I want to go for another training paid what's my chances I wrote an explaination telling them it was not intensional and I apologized for the change in plan without notification what's my chances

You can reapply stating your case clearly and I believe you will get a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 18, 2017
ekpotek:

We know where she is going to! The poster wanted advise on if to apply for Tier 2 visa with her pregnancy or wait to delivery first. We have all suggested that she apply now and get the visa. Wherever she want to deliver the baby in US, UK or Nigeria is for the poster to decide. The child getting a Tier 2 dependent visa if born outside the UK is guarantee. What guarantees is there that the parents will remain and settled in UK for the child if born in the UK to be eligible for UK citizenship? The child will need to remain in the UK for at least 10 years to be eligible for UK citizenship by right without the parent and must not live outside the UK for more than 90 days. https://www.gov.uk/register-british-citizen/born-in-uk-after-1983 The question is which citizenship does the poster want for her child, US citizenship at birth or UK citizenship through settlement of either parents (indefinite leave to remain) or after 10 years living in the UK?

Yeah and that is the reason I have provided the objective analysis. Naturally I always advice any Tier 2 applicants to go for a five years Visa. That way you are guaranteed to get your ILR (especially if you in medical profession) and you will be beyond any new immigration rule after you have been in the UK until point of settlement. As long as the parents remain in UK I don't think 10 years will come into play here.
As long as the applicant is willing to spend the money, there is no harm in US delivery and then immigrate into UK but the question is which passport is the child going to loose when faced with being British? Legally you should not hold 3 passports.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Advisory:

Yeah and that is the reason I have provided the objective analysis. Naturally I always advice any Tier 2 applicants to go for a five years Visa. That way you are guaranteed to get your ILR (especially if you in medical profession) and you will be beyond any new immigration rule after you have been in the UK until point of settlement. As long as the parents remain in UK I don't think 10 years will come into play here.
As long as the applicant is willing to spend the money, there is no harm in US delivery and then immigrate into UK but the question is which passport is the child going to loose when faced with being British? Legally you should not hold 3 passports.

We appreciate all the analysis that you have given. However, take no offense, you can have three nationality legally. It all depends on the country. I have a colleague born in the UK to Nigerian parents before 1983 and currently living in the US with three nationality legally (UK, Nigeria, and US). So its indeed possible for child to get three nationality!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2017
ekpotek:

We appreciate all the analysis that you have given. However, take no offense, you can have three nationality legally. It all depends on the country. I have a colleague born in the UK to Nigerian parents before 1983 and currently living in the US with three nationality legally (UK, Nigeria, and US). So its indeed possible for child to get three nationality!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veleta: 9:46am On Jul 18, 2017
@ Ekpotek,I agree totally with you,UK allows multiple Countries That Allow Dual or Multiple Citizenship. The U.K. has no restrictions on dual or multiple citizenship, according to the U.K. Border Agency. However, if you are already a citizen of a country where dual citizenship is not allowed, then you may have to give up that citizenship before becoming a British citizen. and not limited to three.
In essence,you can have multiple citizenship here in UK as far as your nationality allows that and Nigeria allows that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 9:53am On Jul 18, 2017
veleta:
@ Ekpotek,I agree totally with you,UK allows multiple Countries That Allow Dual or Multiple Citizenship. The U.K. has no restrictions on dual or multiple citizenship, according to the U.K. Border Agency. However, if you are already a citizen of a country where dual citizenship is not allowed, then you may have to give up that citizenship before becoming a British citizen. and not limited to three.
In essence,you can have multiple citizenship here in UK as far as your nationality allows that and Nigeria allows that.

Multiple citizenship If it's by birth or bloodline but not by naturalisation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 9:59am On Jul 18, 2017
senn:
For those asking, this is what i did and this is my timeline
-applied 31st may 2017, tls ikeja
-got an email that same day that my visa has been transferred to UKVI
-got an email June 1 2017 that UKVI sheffield has received my application and will be underconsideration
-June 25th got an email from them saying they cant make the decision within 15 days and they are sorry for any inconvenience and would make a decision as soon as possible. ( i was very scared)

After 2 weeks i had not still heard anything from them
so on july 7th i went to TLS ikeja and they told me that this is UKVI peak season, that they get alot of applications so i should just exercise patience and nothing is wrong with my application and i should wait till i hear from them again (tls is the them here)

still wasnt convinced by the lady at TLS ikeja so i took matters into my hands and decided to contact UKVI. i tried emailing them but the site didnt accept my payment so i called them on wednesday july 12th and the guy on the phone was very lovely and friendly and told me a decision had already been made on my application a day before (tuesday, july 11th) & that my passport would return back to my country and the visa application centre soon. NOTE : I DIDNT CALL THEM TO TELL THEM TO MAKE A DECISION. A DECISION HAD ALREADY BEEN MADE. IT WAS A COINCIDENCE I CALLED THE DAY AFTER MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN DECICIED. even the guy on the phone was like funny that im calling exactly a day after a decision has been made. so dont think if you call UKVI they will then make a decision on your application, you can only make enquiries about your application and not tell them what to do.

today i got an email form tls ikeja saying a desicion has been made. got the email at about 11 50am. then at 4pm anoother email came in from them saying my passport has been returned and i can come and get it.

Hello @Senn Please what was your visa type please can I know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2017
senn:
For those asking, this is what i did and this is my timeline
-applied 31st may 2017, tls ikeja
-got an email that same day that my visa has been transferred to UKVI
-got an email June 1 2017 that UKVI sheffield has received my application and will be underconsideration
-June 25th got an email from them saying they cant make the decision within 15 days and they are sorry for any inconvenience and would make a decision as soon as possible. ( i was very scared)

After 2 weeks i had not still heard anything from them
so on july 7th i went to TLS ikeja and they told me that this is UKVI peak season, that they get alot of applications so i should just exercise patience and nothing is wrong with my application and i should wait till i hear from them again (tls is the them here)

still wasnt convinced by the lady at TLS ikeja so i took matters into my hands and decided to contact UKVI. i tried emailing them but the site didnt accept my payment so i called them on wednesday july 12th and the guy on the phone was very lovely and friendly and told me a decision had already been made on my application a day before (tuesday, july 11th) & that my passport would return back to my country and the visa application centre soon. NOTE : I DIDNT CALL THEM TO TELL THEM TO MAKE A DECISION. A DECISION HAD ALREADY BEEN MADE. IT WAS A COINCIDENCE I CALLED THE DAY AFTER MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN DECICIED. even the guy on the phone was like funny that im calling exactly a day after a decision has been made. so dont think if you call UKVI they will then make a decision on your application, you can only make enquiries about your application and not tell them what to do.

today i got an email form tls ikeja saying a desicion has been made. got the email at about 11 50am. then at 4pm anoother email came in from them saying my passport has been returned and i can come and get it.

Hello @Senn Please what was your visa type please can I know @Senn @Senn urgent please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 11:58am On Jul 18, 2017
I applied for my kids since June 15th......update no new about decision being taken. Can somebody advise on what to do now?....this is tiring.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2017
letmov:

Hello @Senn Please what was your visa type please can I know @Senn @Senn urgent please

Hello Senn what types do u apply for please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameKofo: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
Thank you all for the replies
We would definitely leave the UK within 5 years for family vacations, etc. So the baby will be illegal if allowed to stay beyond 6 months in the UK despite having US citizenship. We have already paid part of the hospital fees so we just might go ahead to have the baby in the US.
Since i would be coming back to Nigeria it will be ideal to apply for the baby before i finally go to the UK.
Pls how long does it take for Child dependent visa to be processed and how much does my husband need to have in his account in UK to apply for 2 children under 5.
Thank you all for your contributions. God bless you my people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yommieyomi:
I applied for my kids since June 15th......update no new about decision being taken. Can somebody advise on what to do now?....this is tiring.

Have you called them? If you haven't then it's best you give ukvi a call today to know the status of the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veleta: 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
@Tatpat,please quote your source.https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.gov.uk/dual-citizenship&ved=0ahUKEwiGsIi85ZLVAhULDcAKHY_yBmMQFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNHo4z51lkH-jyEd5ilzNJ2udGxGhQ.As far as this website is concerned,the onus is on the applicant to ensure that his or her country allows multiple citizenship.
You can prove your arguement if you have facts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veleta: 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
veleta:
@Tatpat,please quote your source.https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.gov.uk/dual-citizenship&ved=0ahUKEwiGsIi85ZLVAhULDcAKHY_yBmMQFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNHo4z51lkH-jyEd5ilzNJ2udGxGhQ.As far as this website is concerned,the onus is on the applicant to ensure that his or her country allows multiple citizenship.
You can prove your arguement if you have facts.

Your source talks about dual citizenship(two), the question was about 3 nationalities and nobody is arguing with you, this platform isn't a place for arguement but for informative purposes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
MadameKofo:
Thank you all for the replies
We would definitely leave the UK within 5 years for family vacations, etc. So the baby will be illegal if allowed to stay beyond 6 months in the UK despite having US citizenship. We have already paid part of the hospital fees so we just might go ahead to have the baby in the US.
Since i would be coming back to Nigeria it will be ideal to apply for the baby before i finally go to the UK.
Pls how long does it take for Child dependent visa to be processed and how much does my husband need to have in his account in UK to apply for 2 children under 5.
Thank you all for your contributions. God bless you my people
Based on your explanation, you will have to apply for a Tier 2 Visa for the child since you will all be visiting Nigeria during the 5 years stay.
Personal savings

You must show that your dependants can be supported while they’re in the UK.
Each dependant must have £630 available to them whether they apply with you or separately. This is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.
You must have proof you have the money, and that it’s been in your bank account or your dependant’s bank account for at least 90 days before you or they apply.
Example
You must have £2,205 if you want to bring your partner and one child with you to the UK (£945 to support yourself plus £630 for your partner and £630 for your child).
You won’t need evidence of your savings if you have a:
•fully approved (‘A-rated’) sponsor
•certificate of sponsorship stating that your sponsor will give each of your dependants at least £630 to cover their costs for a month if they need it
Dependants applying from outside the UK
Your family members must apply online.
They’ll need to have their fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre to get a biometric residence permit as part of their application.
They’ll have to collect their biometric residence permit within 30 days of when they said they’d arrive in the UK.
They may be able to get their visa faster or other services depending on what country they’re in - check with the visa application centre.
Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.
Your family members can apply online if they’re your:
•partner
•child
They can also ask to use the priority service.
You can get a same-day decision at a premium service centre.
It’s best for your dependants to apply at the same time as you but they can apply at a later date.
Duration of application depends on where you applying, service you using and your case. Generally they say 15 working days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veleta: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
TatPat:
Oga,sorry its not about arguement,nobody is an encyclopaedia of knowledge.We learn every day.Dual and multiple citizenship are used interchangeably.Its always good to post the source of our information so that people can read and make their decisions.Uk allows multiple or dual citizenship whether by birth(where either of the parents is a citizen or has ILR and the child is born in Uk)or naturalisation.Thank you.

Your source talks about dual citizenship(two), the question was about 3 nationalities and nobody is arguing with you, this platform isn't a place for arguement but for informative purposes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
Please can anyone share with me telephone contact?
TatPat:

Have you called them? If you haven't then it's best you give ukvi a call today to know the status of the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yommieyomi:

UKVI Contact No:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yommieyomi:

Call ukvi on this number- +442034811736
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Thank you for sharing the contact.
Please how do i pay for the call(service).can i use my dollar dominated card?

TatPat:

Call ukvi on this number- +442034811736
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yommieyomi:

My sister applied end of June, no news yet. Though I got a call from HO. gave UKVI line a call today and was told that it's been considered but no decision made.

The wait is frustrating.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 6:29am On Jul 19, 2017
Somebody help
Yommieyomi:
Thank you for sharing the contact.
Please how do i pay for the call(service).can i use my dollar dominated card?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 7:20am On Jul 19, 2017
See as UKVI too dey hustle grin grin ... When the heck did they start charging for emails loll cheesy grin

Brightingsus:

UKVI Contact No:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 9:29am On Jul 19, 2017
How do i pay for the call?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2017
Please has anyone who made an application(Visiting) in the mid week of June and didn't pay for priority got a reply yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by letmov: 10:41am On Jul 19, 2017
letmov:

Please can you kindly tell me what category of visa do u apply for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 19, 2017
Nchabuomo:
Please has anyone who made an application(Visiting) in the mid week of June and didn't pay for priority got a reply yet?
2 people I know did on the 20th of June in Abuja (6 months general visitor) no response yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2017
Advisory:

2 people I know did on the 20th of June in Abuja (6 months general visitor) no response yet.
Mumsi and a family friend did in Lagos 22nd no response yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.