Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526131 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
Can someone with a valid 6 months visit visa 'mult' still travel to the uk even though the reason for wanting to visit has passed because of delay in getting back the passport? Won't there be issues at the point of entry?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
amehrada:
Can someone with a valid 6 months visit visa 'mult' still travel to the uk even though the reason for wanting to visit has passed because of delay in getting back the passport? Won't there be issues at the point of entry?
I wouldn't think so ....apparently you now have a new reason to travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
fakmurphy:

@justwise, thanks so much God bless you. I have indicated the places we hope to visit in my sponsorship letter, should i do the expenses analysis in the same letter too? should i fill the kids form in the same format as regards to expenses listed above?

Documents am preparing to submit;
Their passports and copy of mine with visa
Reserved accommodation via booking.com
Analysis of activities and expenses
Letter from me as their sponsor,
children's birth cert.
wedding cert. and my wife name change advt.
Business bank statement with a letter confirming sole signatory,registration and TCC Plus recent VAT
My savings acc where d vacation money will be from. Current acc to show daily expenses, fixed deposit doc.
Our assets in landed property, some on my name and one on our names (Bought after marriage).

You can do the expenses analysis in the same letter or a separate one.

Fill the kids form the same way you filled that of your wife

You need to add few selected family pictures in that list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
amehrada:

What was the reason for the initial trip and what is the reason for the current one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
amehrada:

Sure if you have a good reason to visit within the next 6 months. The worst that can happen is that you will be question at point of entry. You just need to have a good reason to visit and you will be okay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
justwise:

What was the reason for the initial trip and what is the reason for the current one?
The reason for the initial was to attend my bro's graduation and spend time with family and the current reason is just to spend time with family
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Sure if you have a good reason to visit within the next 6 months. The worst that can happen is that you will be question at point of entry. You just need to have a good reason to visit and you will be okay.
Ok thanks, spending time with my bro's family good enuf reason?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
amehrada:

Sure. This is good reason and its understandable that it was not your fault that you did get to attend his graduation. Explain this at POE and you will be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
amehrada:

Make sure you fill your brother address in the Landing card at the POE and also have his phone number handy incase they want to call him to verify your identity and permission to visit at this time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
amehrada:

In treating your matter, utmost care must be taken. On page 16 of Immigration rules, a visa can be cancelled at POE on your circumstances. See the page below, under Change of Purpose - V9.3
However if you marry all the advise you have got on this forum, you should be fine.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

In treating your matter, utmost care must be taken. On page 16 of Immigration rules, a visa can be cancelled at POE on your circumstances. See the page below, under Change of Purpose - V9.3
However if you marry all the advise you have got on this forum, you should be fine.
This people shall
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Make sure you fill your brother address in the Landing card at the POE and also have his phone number handy incase they want to call him to verify your identity and permission to visit at this time.
Ok, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
justwise:

@justwise thanks I will print some pictures and add.
You can do the expenses analysis in the same letter or a separate one.

Fill the kids form the same way you filled that of your wife

You need to add few selected family pictures in that list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
justwise:

They do.
They do for general visa ? Please then quote the UKVI guidance document that expressly stated that you must produce six months statement. I have had loads of people apply for U.K. Visa and no one has used six months statement before.
So please quote me wrong
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
Advisory:

They do for general visa ? Please then quote the UKVI guidance document that expressly stated that you must produce six months statement. I have had loads of people apply for U.K. Visa and no one has used six months statement before.
So please quote me wrong

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Otunla: 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hello, pls do they judge based on past refusal in issuing visa when re-applying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 5:18am On Jul 24, 2017
Stop over worrying... it is only on few occasions you can be stopped and asked questions... be prepared incase you are stop...this people are human being like you .. just speak to them like you will speak to any stranger politely and let them know due to unforeseen circumstances you could not make it .. not you intend to spend some wuality time with family and also enjoy the beautiful country.

Why do you think the UK government gives 6 month.. on your application you must have applied for 2 weeks or 1 month but they gave u 6 months for a reason.
So stop panicking , prepare yourself , dress decent and be yourself. If you are worrying too much then do not fly pass heathrow then.

Good luck

amehrada:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 24, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Did you see the English used there?
FROM and not FOR
From means statement as to be evidence of transaction from within the last 6. Not for the last 6 Months
Like I said I have not seen anyone I know personally apply with a whole 6 months statement.
3 months at best.
Now compare that to the Tier 2 Visa requirement
Appropriate salary

You’ll usually need to be paid at least £30,000 per year or the ‘appropriate rate’ for the job you’re offered - whichever is higher. Check the appropriate rate for the job you’ve been offered.

Check the guidance for situations when you can be paid less - for example if:
•you’ll work as a medical radiographer, nurse, paramedic or secondary school teacher in some subjects
•you’ll work as a pre-registration nurse or midwife

Personal savings

You must have £945 in your bank account for 90 days before you apply. This is to prove you can support yourself.

You don’t need to prove this if you have a fully approved (‘A-rated’) sponsor who can give you at least £945 to cover your costs for a month if you need it. Your sponsor must confirm this on the certificate of sponsorship.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 8:40am On Jul 24, 2017
tunderule2016:
Stop over worrying... it is only on few occasions you can be stopped and asked questions... be prepared incase you are stop...this people are human being like you .. just speak to them like you will speak to any stranger politely and let them know due to unforeseen circumstances you could not make it .. not you intend to spend some wuality time with family and also enjoy the beautiful country.

Why do you think the UK government gives 6 month.. on your application you must have applied for 2 weeks or 1 month but they gave u 6 months for a reason.
So stop panicking , prepare yourself , dress decent and be yourself. If you are worrying too much then do not fly pass heathrow then.

Good luck

Yes I agree with you. Everyone travelling needs to be prepared for those guys at POE. They are human, just address them with courtesy and present your case. My first time at Heathrow, I had made the stupid mistake of imputing one of my inlaws name on the landing form meanwhile I claimed I know no one in the UK while filling my visa application form and would be staying at the hotel. They took me up at POE on this and I ''jejely'' explained to them. They asked for evidence of where I work, that's my ID, unfortunately I had no work ID on me, but I was with my complimentary card which I showed him, he asked for my leave letter, I was not with this too but luckily I still had my email notification for leave on my official mail which I could still access even in the UK, I quickly showed him that too, then he asked for my return ticket and I presented that too. He asked why I didn't come to the UK on the date I stated on my UK application, I quickly opened my Gmail to show him the message from UKVI informing me that my application would take more time to process hence this disrupted my travelling plans. Saw the ring on my finger then he Asked for my marital status, I told him I'm married, asked why wiffy is not with me since I claim I was on vacation, showed him pics of my pregnant wiffy and evidence of her wanting to have her baby in the US, hence cudnt make the UK trip.........bottom line is I didn't panic despite been questioned for like 7mins whereas other pple b4 me didn't spend more than 45 seconds to 1 min. To cut the story short, he stamped me in and wished me a nice stay. But even if the guy had sent me back home, which he has the power to do, travelling has never been a do or die affair for me. So bro, don't panic, just state ur case. Anybody can be taken up at POE. Anybody

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2017
Advisory:

Did you see the English used there?
FROM and not FOR
From means statement as to be evidence of transaction from within the last 6. Not for the last 6 Months
Like I said I have not seen anyone I know personally apply with a whole 6 months statement.
3 months at best.
Now compare that to the Tier 2 Visa requirement
Appropriate salary

You’ll usually need to be paid at least £30,000 per year or the ‘appropriate rate’ for the job you’re offered - whichever is higher. Check the appropriate rate for the job you’ve been offered.

Check the guidance for situations when you can be paid less - for example if:
•you’ll work as a medical radiographer, nurse, paramedic or secondary school teacher in some subjects
•you’ll work as a pre-registration nurse or midwife

Personal savings

You must have £945 in your bank account for 90 days before you apply. This is to prove you can support yourself.

You don’t need to prove this if you have a fully approved (‘A-rated’) sponsor who can give you at least £945 to cover your costs for a month if you need it. Your sponsor must confirm this on the certificate of sponsorship.

This is not about another type of visa application, this is specifically visiting visa and that statement is as simple as it can be. You are just trying to spin it out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2017
justwise:

This is not about another type of visa application, this is specifically visiting visa and that statement is as simple as it can be. You are just trying to spin it out
I am not spinning nothing mate, I am only making a statement of fact as people like to blow things out of proportion.
Like I said I have families who have applied for visiting visas 2009 - date and no one I mean NO ONE had presented 6 months bank statement.
like I said max had been 3 months and like I said English Language From 6 months and for 6 months are 2 different things
plain English.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legacy666(f): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2017
Goodmorning all, I'm new here and want some clarification on sponsored uk tourist visa @ justwise, advisory, ekpotek, etc. I currently work with bank as contract staff for more than two years now, and my salary is 60k aside commission monthly. My brother in-law wants to sponsor my trip to uk as a gift for my annual leave around October. This are my questions;

1. Can an adult be sponsored?

2. Aside his bank statement and sponsorship letter, what other documents will I need from him.

3. Should he use his oil and gas company bank statement or his personal account?

4.I have less than 300k in my account for now cos I didn't plan for it, hope it won't be an issue?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2017
@ just wise and all the gurus. My wife applied since June 5th and up till now nothing yet. Called UKVI on Monday 7th of July and they told us decision not yet made. What can we do now? This is so frustrating
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xto4: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2017
Sagamaje:
@ just wise and all the gurus. My wife applied since June 5th and up till now nothing yet. Called UKVI on Monday 7th of July and they told us decision not yet made. What can we do now? This is so frustrating
did mine on the 6th of June that is when I submitted my application too at vi till now no response.... But sent email on the 27th of June that my application remains underconsideration and apologies for the inconvenience that I will hear from them in the coming days. Did u get that email too? This is really bad... My leave is ending this friday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
Legacy666:
Goodmorning all, I'm new here and want some clarification on sponsored uk tourist visa @ justwise, advisory, ekpotek, etc. I currently work with bank as contract staff for more than two years now, and my salary is 60k aside commission monthly. My brother in-law wants to sponsor my trip to uk as a gift for my annual leave around October. This are my questions;

2. Aside his bank statement and sponsorship letter, what other documents will I need from him.

3. Should he use his oil and gas company bank statement or his personal account?

4.I have less than 300k in my account for now cos I didn't plan for it, hope it won't be an issue?

Thanks.

1)An adult being sponsored is a red flag, the only time sponsoring an adult on leave can make sense is if the sponsor lives in the uk and is inviting you over(just my own opinion).
Being a contract staff is also a red flag, meaning you have no strong ties to your country.(it's best when you are a permanent staff because a contract job can be withdrawn at any time.
Earning 60k is also a red flag because they will feel you might run away if you get a better job in the uk(just my opinion). Someone else on naira land might have a better answer for you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
Legacy666:

Thanks.
1. Anyone can be sponsored mate
3. He can use both account statements to be sure
4. Less than 300k well since your sponsor has got more I will recommend he builds your account for a while before you apply.
2. Documents you need are on UKVI
NOTE: 60k might be an issue mate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
Otunla:
Hello, pls do they judge based on past refusal in issuing visa when re-applying?

Every application is based on it's own merit, meaning they will scrutinise your application based on what you submit in the new application "BUT" they always re-visit your previous application to find out more on why you were refused and to see if your circumstance has changed. (Just my opinion)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Otunla: 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
TatPat:

Every application is based on it's own merit, meaning they will scrutinise your application based on what you submit in the new application "BUT" they always re-visit your previous application to find out more on why you were refused and to see if your circumstance has changed. (Just my opinion)
ok thanks so much!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sagamaje(m): 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
@Xto4 we got the message too. My wife leave has ended already.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
Advisory:

I am not spinning nothing mate, I am only making a statement of fact as people like to blow things out of proportion.
Like I said I have families who have applied for visiting visas 2009 - date and no one I mean NO ONE had presented 6 months bank statement.
like I said max had been 3 months and like I said English Language F[b]rom 6 months[/b] and for 6 months are 2 different things
plain English.

..from the last 6months..read that gain if you want

It simply means 6months and not 3 or 4.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
Sagamaje:

Sadly there is nothing you can do rather than wait, i know its frustrating really
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fabfiyin1: 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
justwise:

Sadly there is nothing you can do rather than wait, i know its frustrating really
xto4:
did mine on the 6th of June that is when I submitted my application too at vi till now no response.... But sent email on the 27th of June that my application remains underconsideration and apologies for the inconvenience that I will hear from them in the coming days. Did u get that email too? This is really bad... My leave is ending this friday.

Same here, applied 6th June, travel date passed already, contacted them last week, was told still under consideration that I should note it can take up to 60 working days. However over the weekend I tracked using the link provided earlier on this thread and it shows decided last Thursday, yet to hear anything official from them tho. Fingers crossed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.