Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528600 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
mmo1:
have your wife collected her passport and documents from tlscontact
No. What about you? You get your passport from TLScontact yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nosyke(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
@ Justwise, i can see you viewing this thread. Please help a brother.

Thanks

Nosyke:
Dear Just wise and co,
Many thanks for your help all these while. I just got an invite this afternoon from my office to attend a company meeting in Bath, Uk from 12-18th of December 2015. My office is fully funding this trip from flight to hotels and even per diem.
I had to rush to the visa website to apply, so far so good especially from the information I got on this forum. However, after confirming application, I am unable to sign the declaration link. I have put my name and today's dates came up. Nothing else, and I cant move to the pay visa fee section.
Looking Standard visa group, it seems the a decision should be made within 10 days. My questions are as follows:
a. Is there a way I could fast track my visa application to be able to come out fast being that I need to be in for that meeting( I know this is too impromptu), maybe is there a possibility to pay higher fees?
b. What should I do from my end
c How do I sign the 'sign declaration page/form' before I am able to make payment.?
Grateful for urgent replies as I am really freaking out in confusion here.
Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
isogee:

Her employers are ready to provide a backdated letter to confirm that they granted her extention of leave without pay ...but they have told her to bring up a story as to why she stayed more before they provide her with such letter and they have advice her to explain same story in her application...
Now the problem is what kind of story can she create to free herself...

Unbelievable! A bank is ready to do that? Their credibility is on the line here, extended 3 months leave to visit the UK? Not on medical ground or study leave? Do you really expect the embassy to believe that? So what were she doing during that 3 months in the UK? That is what she needs to explain and not cooking up stories. I can't coach somebody how to tell such porkies.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
Demi007:
Hello everyone. I follow these threads onve in a while, but frustration has led to my commenting for the first time. I applied for a vsiting visa to the uk and stated that my dad will be sponsoring me.

I provided a letter from my dad, his bank details and his passport page (he currently resides in the us).

I also provided letter of employment from my office, leave letter stating when id be gone and when im to return and bank statements. I have 2 statements, 1 i use for salary and the other one i save my salary into. ( i transfer from my salary account to my other savings account to curb tbe way i spend) and also my mum sometimes gives me stipend in the personal savings account. I do a little bit of business (interior decorating) on the side and some of the funds go to my salary account while some go to my personal savings account. I provided the embassy with both bank statements as well. But i was still refused a visa. Their reason:

No evidence to comfirm you have any family in Nigeria.

A number of unexplainable deposits shown in one of the accounts (my personal savings account) they say the deposits are inconsistent. Which means they confused my salary account with my personal savings account.

No evidence to confirm my fathers employment status in the us.

I want to reapply immediately. I will appreciate if i am assisted please. Thank you. Also can i have anyones personal email or @justwise please your email so i can take a picture of the refusal nlte and send to you. Thank you.

You made a mistake by not explaining where the money came from since you have other source of income other than your employment.

As an adult it's not a good thing to expect your daddy or to say that your daddy will be sponsoring your holiday. Since you work you are expected to be able to sponsor yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nosyke:
Dear Just wise and co,

Many thanks for your help all these while. I just got an invite this afternoon from my office to attend a company meeting in Bath, Uk from 12-18th of December 2015. My office is fully funding this trip from flight to hotels and even per diem.

I had to rush to the visa website to apply, so far so good especially from the information I got on this forum. However, after confirming application, I am unable to sign the declaration link. I have put my name and today's dates came up. Nothing else, and I cant move to the pay visa fee section.

Looking Standard visa group, it seems the a decision should be made within 10 days. My questions are as follows:
a. Is there a way I could fast track my visa application to be able to come out fast being that I need to be in for that meeting( I know this is too impromptu), maybe is there a possibility to pay higher fees?

b. What should I do from my end
c How do I sign the 'sign declaration page/form' before I am able to make payment.?

Grateful for urgent replies as I am really freaking out in confusion here.

Many thanks

About signing the declaration page....some people here can help you answe that because they have gone through that process.

Fast tracking your application....consider pay for priority service
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oreskid: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
@ Nosyke, oga justwise have answer is question but signing the declaration page, just write your full name and go next, if u wanna fast track u will pay addition fees with ur application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Demi007: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
justwise:

You made a mistake by not explaining where the money came from since you have other source of income other than your employment.

As an adult it's not a good thing to expect your daddy or to say that your daddy will be sponsoring your holiday. Since you work you are expected to be able to sponsor yourself.

Ok. So how do i correct the mistake now as i want to re apply this week. Thank you. Do i state other means of income, or do i jist leave it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
justwise:

Demi007:

Ok. So how do i correct the mistake now as i want to re apply this week. Thank you. Do i state other means of income, or do i jist leave it.

I mentioned that already
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kevinoh: 10:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

How far?

I finally got a mail a day after the graduation ceremony I was suppose to attend saying my passport is ready for pickup but am yet to do so. Even if it's a denial, I ought to have been contacted before the ceremony. I will go pick it up whenever I am chanced as I'm not in Lagos right now. Its quite unfortunate they had to behave so unprofessional
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kevinoh:

I finally got a mail a day after the graduation ceremony I was suppose to attend saying my passport is ready for pickup but am yet to do so. Even if it's a denial, I ought to have been contacted before the ceremony. I will go pick it up whenever I am chanced as I'm not in Lagos right now. Its quite unfortunate they had to behave so unprofessional
Too bad. My wife passport is not ready for pickup yet. She got email that decision have been made on November 12th but up till now no other information yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nosyke(m): 6:04am On Dec 02, 2015

justwise:

About signing the declaration page....some people here can help you answe that because they have gone through that process.

Fast tracking your application....consider pay for priority service

Many thanks Oreskid and Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 6:38am On Dec 02, 2015
Have you been toto tls in person?
Because the the mail it says your passport will be ready for collection 3 to 5 days later. Go check yourself
Sunny4Gold:

Too bad. My wife passport is not ready for pickup yet. She got email that decision have been made on November 12th but up till now no other information yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:59am On Dec 02, 2015
testing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nosyke(m): 10:53am On Dec 02, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Yes, make use of your salary and savings account. Your pay slip will play an important role because it shows your monthly tax deductions from your salary except your have the tax card then you can include it.

If you're working in a blue chip company, you'll need a letter of sponsorship addressed to the British High Commission, but for an SME or smaller corporation, you'll need the company's statement of account and Tax clearance Certificate attached to your application.

Fast Track doesn't guarantee visa and you might still experience additional delays as there are usually longer waiting time obtaining visas at peak periods and holiday seasons, reason why you should have submitted earlier.

Do a hotel reservation at www.booking.com; attach copy of the confirmation to your application or did you not fill where you'll stay whilst in the UK?

You're asking some questions at the wrong time.

Best of luck.

Many thanks Frontpagelawyer, well, from what you've said , I'll just keep my fingers crossed. The timing is just not so ideal.

Yes, I did fill out the name of the hotel I would be staying in, it's also in Bath.

I deduce from your advice that priority service might not be affect anything , needless going that route moreso because of the timing again.

Thanks for you best wishes, I'll surely need it. I will give this my best short anyway and be ready for whatever comes out of it not without learning my lessons/gaining experience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:38am On Dec 02, 2015
Nosyke:

Many thanks Frontpagelawyer, well, from what you've said , I'll just keep my fingers crossed. The timing is just not so ideal.

Yes, I did fill out the name of the hotel I would be staying in, it's also in Bath.

I deduce from your advice that priority service might not be affect anything , needless going that route moreso because of the timing again.

Thanks for you best wishes, I'll surely need it. I will give this my best short anyway and be ready for whatever comes out of it not without learning my lessons/gaining experience.

If your purpose of visit is valid and important, be rest assured that your application will be successful.

You don't have to worry about your closing balance since your company is paying for the trip. Your application will be adjudged by so many factors e.g. financial and economic ties to your home country, strength of your company as the sponsor is also important, therefore ensure you have the letter of sponsorship from your company or statement of account and tax clearance certificate in case of an SME or smaller corporation.

Let me reiterate that priority service does not guarantee you visa, but due time constraint, you should consider the service to expedite the processing of your application.

Ensure you don't leave any document behind.

Good luck again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
Aibisoye0:
Have you been toto tls in person?
Because the the mail it says your passport will be ready for collection 3 to 5 days later. Go check yourself
Finally my wife got email from TLScontact that her passport is ready for collection. She will be heading there tomorrow for pickup
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jenti12(m): 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
@justwise When is the last day one can enter UK if for example your most recent visa expires on 31st December, thanks for reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
jenti12:
@justwise When is the last day one can enter UK if for example your most recent visa expires on 31st December, thanks for reply
You can travel at any time but you must be able to convince them at point of entry that you will leave the country before the visa expires. That is risky, I will not do that. Apply for new visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
justwise:

Unbelievable! A bank is ready to do that? Their credibility is on the line here, extended 3 months leave to visit the UK? Not on medical ground or study leave? Do you really expect the embassy to believe that? So what were she doing during that 3 months in the UK? That is what she needs to explain and not cooking up stories. I can't coach somebody how to tell such porkies.

She wasnt doing anyfn special...the truth is she decided not to return initially but changed her mind and came...
Story:
'she lost her handbag that contains her passport but a good Samaritan fond it but unfortunate for her that good Samaritan couldnt return de passport early as expected bcoz that good Samaritan has some issues beyond her control, she didnt inform the police because she already knows where the passport and other documents was..Bcoz she cant travel without her passport she explained the situation to her employers and because she has serve the company for more than 10yrs the company granted her further leave without pay to solve the problem. and during all these period in the UK she was been supported by her auntie who invited her to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
isogee:

She wasnt doing anyfn special...the truth is she decided not to return initially but changed her mind and came...
Story:
'she lost her handbag that contains her passport but a good Samaritan fond it but unfortunate for her that good Samaritan couldnt return de passport early as expected bcoz that good Samaritan has some issues beyond her control, she didnt inform the police because she already knows where the passport and other documents was..Bcoz she cant travel without her passport she explained the situation to her employers and because she has serve the company for more than 10yrs the company granted her further leave without pay to solve the problem. and during all these period in the UK she was been supported by her auntie who invited her to the UK.

Sorry but you will not convince anyone with that fairy story.
You think that you are being clever but the visa officer has heard thousands of these tales and can smell lies a mile off.
Press on with this path and she is is working towards a ban for fraud.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
jenti12:

You must enter early enough and leave while your visa is still valid
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2015
isogee:

Story:

So it took the good Samaritan 2 months plus to return her passport? Why did she not get a TC from Nigerian embassy in London to travel back? She will only be digging herself into more problem with these web of lies.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olaidecash: 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hi everyone,i just want to share this piece,i filled my application oct ,submitted november 10,husband consent letter,my account statement was less than 4months,i was sponsoring myself,have been to dubia twice,i was in uk for xmas,i also travelled in april,i have some business i do,unregistered,so i didnt submit anytin tax ,registration etc becos i dnt have.i just graduated from unilag,i made sure i collected a letter frm dsa two months ago (letter of identification).i remembered i filled i never knew anyone in uk in my first application(6months ).i stayed in an hotel first visit,second visit i stayed with husband's cousin.so while filling for my renewal this time i included her name stating that she invited me when she found out i came for xmas.(so its not a crime knowing someone in uk)i filled her as other relative. That was what i was afraid of,At the end i got my 2YEARS VISA today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olaidecash: 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
I forgot to add,i used hotel reservation for both application,no invites from anyone,i also submited house documents / marriage cert.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yemcol: 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
justwise:

So it took the good Samaritan 2 months plus to return her passport? Why did she not get a TC from Nigerian embassy in London to travel back? She will only be digging herself into more problem with these web of lies.

@ justwise,to me the story is useless becos she already backdated a 3mnth stay to 1mnth...that was a misrepresentation and that is an automatic Ban.....even if d refusal letter is asking her to explain why/how she supported her self.....*all that"" is for U to pay another fee to get 320b or what do they call it.....
Anyway she can apply and get d ban on time "it will attract only a year " becos her stay was 3mnth. Except that her circumstances change to spouse visa Or she should forget about UK for now....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
justwise:

Then I think my sister cant make it to the UK again..bcoz there is no way she can convince the VO with this kinda of refusal...
Thanks u all for ya advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babyisUS: 12:47am On Dec 03, 2015
isogee:

Story:

This kain story sha..am not an expert but I wouldn't believe this story one bit... if she misplaced her passport and the so called good samaritan had her passport, why didn't she go look for the good samaritan herself and collect her passport?
She wasn't on maternity leave, neither was she on study nor sick leave...what sort of bank gave her three months leave and still willing to lie to help her cover it up?
Issorait!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 4:48am On Dec 03, 2015
isogee:

Story:

It sounds like a super story, so if her passport cannot come to her, she couldn't go to pick her passport? She couldn't go report the case at the police station?? How did the good Samaritan now know the owner of the baggage Well...The good samaritan should write a letter with paper prove of why she held a strangers baggage with him/her for good 3 months, and couldn't take it to the nearest police station when found. "Yeah shall know the truth and the truth shall set u free"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 6:13am On Dec 03, 2015
isogee:

Story:
Tell me this story is not true. No one including you will believe this super story, it doesn't add up. She overstayed simple as ABC, the rest is story.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 8:39am On Dec 03, 2015
isogee:

Story:

Why not just say the truth and if they allow it, all well and good. If it is refused, you know that it was due to doing the right thing. What if you lie and it is still refused?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daily98: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2015
Good day house, I was given admission to study in one of the UK universities but to my surprise I was asked to bring IELTS result with a score of 7.0 before I can be given unconditional admission. Please house, is there anyway to go about it without the IETLS. Whatz the chance of getting a shared scholarship too with the admission and without the IETLS. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.