Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532800 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dulux07(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hello guys, pls what are the documents required from i and my sponsor(my Dad) for a tier 4 visa(Msc).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2015
lloyd1000:

@salsa. I actually said post 1983. My Nigerian passport has always said born in the UK and I've used those details to travel to a few other country's. Even though I have both my birth cerificates, I've never been crazy about relocating from Nigeria. Am a proud Nigerian and am quite comfortable here. It would be pathetic if being born in thr UK would reduce my chances for a visa. I just never saw any reason why I should lie about my place of birth and am only applying for a UK visa now because its work related.
If you born in UK, you don't need a visa to travel to UK. What you need is your original birth certificate. With your original birth certificate, you can apply for your passport here in Nigeria through British embassy.
Unless your birth place is Nigeria, UK embassy will not give u visa because you are UK citizen. Visa is for foreigners.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

If you born in UK, you don't need a visa to travel to UK. What you need is your original birth certificate. With your original birth certificate, you can apply for your passport here in Nigeria through British embassy.
Unless your birth place is Nigeria, UK embassy will not give u visa because you are UK citizen. Visa is for foreigners.

That is not entirely true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
tinglesbabe:
HI all Gurus....Justwise FBL and anyone who can help. please i'm having difficulties filling the income and expenditure section for myself and my daughter .

my daughter is an infant so they don't really charge airfare even if they do its like 61pounds.

estimate for 10days

the cost of airplane, boat or train- 705
the cost of your accommodation- 487
the cost of living expense- 600

note the above expense is for myself and my daughter, my major problem now is how to fill my daughters form. her air fare is part of the amount i stated but when its broken down its like 61 pounds, my daughter will stay in same room with me and the 600 living expense is for the two of us. how do i fill the income and expenditure section for both of us. fast response will be appreciated

You don't put any financial detail in your daughter's form only your form contains all that while you use the blank space to explain that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by patty4r: 12:23am On Nov 30, 2015
good evening pls i need your sincere response i have already applied to a uni in uk precisely anglia ruskin my question is this whlie im waiting for d school to reply the person sponsoring me is my aunty's husband hope i will be given the student visa and regarding my accommodation there i plan to stay with my cousins hope i wont be denied a student visa with this idea of mine.plsss it urgent i need your advice plsssssss.thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by doctimonyeka(m): 10:12am On Nov 30, 2015
worry359:

First, any reply should be here so that all can learn, no secret messages!
Scholarship in the U.K. is usually on merit with funds going to the very best students with exceptional grades.
Do you fit into this?

I actually had a c.g.p.a of 4.4, studied anatomy n cell biology
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
helloo Justwise and Co:
the forum has helped me alot....I am a silent reader here. I have been granted UK visa 3 times with the help of this forum.. I'm currently in the UK, I applied for UK family visitors visa for my sister, but she was refused, she has been in the UK before but she was refused on her 2nd visa application, the reason for the refusal was that:
she stayed in the UK more than the number of days she stated on her previous application and she never stated any reason why she stayed and how she was been supported whiles in the UK. My sister stayed for 3months but in her application she stated 1month. she plan to come to the uk again this christmas, my question is how will I correct that QUESTION raised by the visa officer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
isogee:
application, the reason for the refusal was that:
she stayed in the UK more than the number of days she stated on her previous application and she never stated any reason why she stayed and how she was been supported whiles in the UK. My sister stayed for 3months but in her application she stated 1month. she plan to come to the uk again this christmas, my question is how will I correct that QUESTION raised by the visa officer.

It is surprising that people massively overstay on a visa then are amazed that they get a refusal next time. sad shocked
She should make plans for Christmas in Nigeria because you are not going to clear this up in time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
justwise:

That is not entirely true.
Explain the process then @justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2015
Pls justwise whats the best explaination to give to the VO...I had the same problem on my third visa application but my situation was different bcoz I lost my passport on my 2nd visit so I used that as an excuse and provided police report from UK for that claim moreover place of issue in my passport was London so it didnt creat any problem and gt my 2yrs visa...
But my sisters own is different:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by prince1930: 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
Helo house wy is u.k deporting nigerians?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
isogee:
Pls justwise whats the best explaination to give to the VO
...I had the same problem on my third visa application but my situation was different bcoz I lost my passport on my 2nd visit so I used that as an excuse and provided police report from UK for that claim moreover place of issue in my passport was London so it didnt creat any problem and gt my 2yrs visa...
But my sisters own is different:

Honestly i don't know, she is the only one that can answer that, was she working or running her own business when she made that application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
patty4r:
good evening pls i need your sincere response i have already applied to a uni in uk precisely anglia ruskin my question is this whlie im waiting for d school to reply the person sponsoring me is my aunty's husband hope i will be given the student visa and regarding my accommodation there i plan to stay with my cousins hope i wont be denied a student visa with this idea of mine.plsss it urgent i need your advice plsssssss.thank u

Your aunty's hubby can't sponsor you , you can stay with your cousin but you still need to show the maintenance money...(a) £1020 per month for living costs if you are studying in inner London for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time)

(b) £820 per month for living costs if you are studying in outer London or anywhere else in the UK, for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time)

This is the right thread for you https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

Explain the process then @justwise.

The process you described stopped since 1983 and doesn't apply to anybody born after that year

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 4:17am On Dec 01, 2015
justwise:
[b]

Honestly i don't know, she is the only one that can answer that, was she working or running her own business when she made that application?

yeah she was and still a full time banker
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mmo1: 6:32am On Dec 01, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
Decision was made on my wife UK visa application on November 11th but up till today they never call her for pick up.
have your wife collected her passport and documents from tlscontact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by claremont(m): 6:36am On Dec 01, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

Actually, this is very wrong. The UK doesn't operate the same way as the US where being born there automatically makes you a citizen. In order to qualify as a citizen of the UK by birth, at least one of your parents must be a UK citizen or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mmo1: 6:47am On Dec 01, 2015
Kevinoh:
Good morning my people,

I got a mail since thursday morning last week that a decision has been made and uptil this moment I have not heard from them.

Please is this normal?
how far, have your collected your passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:53am On Dec 01, 2015
isogee:

yeah she was and still a full time banker

That is the problem because its difficult to explain how a full time bank worker spent 3months in the UK leaving her job in Nigeria and still retain that job after returning back to Nigeria, there is no leave that lasted 3months. If she was sick then she will be expected to provide evidence to back that up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 12:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
Vuitton007:

Same issue too, got a mail from them on the 25th at 11:10am that Sheffield is in receipt and nothing has been updated,

Hi,have they updated ur profile?Any news on ur application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2015
justwise:

That is the problem because its difficult to explain how a full time bank worker spent 3months in the UK leaving her job in Nigeria and still retain that job after returning back to Nigeria, there is no leave that lasted 3months. If she was sick then she will be expected to provide evidence to back that up.

Her employers are ready to provide a backdated letter to confirm that they granted her extention of leave without pay...but they have told her to bring up a story as to why she stayed more before they provide her with such letter and they have advice her to explain same story in her application...
Now the problem is what kind of story can she create to free herself...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
Kevinoh:
Good morning my people,

I got a mail since thursday morning last week that a decision has been made and uptil this moment I have not heard from them.

Please is this normal?
How far?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
isogee:

Her employers are ready to provide a backdated letter to confirm that they granted her extention of leave without pay...but they have told her to bring up a story as to why she stayed more before they provide her with such letter and they have advice her to explain same story in her application...

I'll advise ur sister to enjoy her Christmas at home in Nigeria, for the fact that she stayed 3 good months in the UK when she stated 1 month in her application, she has shot herself in the Leg and the consequences of overstaying is refusal. They already knew she was actually working in the UK. My advise for her is to visit another country rather than UK... if she cooks up a story, I bet there won't be a UK paper to back it up, ordinary letter from her employer won't clear the mess.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lloyd1000: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

Hello guys, I just got my passport back with a 6 month Visa. So it apparently pays to be honest. Thanks to everyone for your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
isogee:

So her company wants her to make up a story (LIES) so they can give her a fake excuse!
This story is starting to sound strange. angry angry
Have you told the truth about her? Was she deported, or banned from the UK?
What was said when they told her about the overstay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vuitton007: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
veecee29:

Hi,have they updated ur profile?Any news on ur application?

SAME SAME O
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Vuitton007:

SAME SAME O
Since we have similar timeline,please keep me updated if anything changes or if u get any news.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2015
worry359:

So her company wants her to make up a story (LIES) so they can give her a fake excuse!
This story is starting to sound strange. angry angry
Have you told the truth about her? Was she deported, or banned from the UK?
What was said when they told her about the overstay?

She wasn't deported...she was given 6months visa. She spent 3months in the uk... But she was refused because she stayed more than the days she stated on her application and didnt give explaination as to why she spent 3months and how she was bn supported..she wasnt ban....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Demi007: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hello everyone. I follow these threads onve in a while, but frustration has led to my commenting for the first time. I applied for a vsiting visa to the uk and stated that my dad will be sponsoring me.

I provided a letter from my dad, his bank details and his passport page (he currently resides in the us).

I also provided letter of employment from my office, leave letter stating when id be gone and when im to return and bank statements. I have 2 statements, 1 i use for salary and the other one i save my salary into. ( i transfer from my salary account to my other savings account to curb tbe way i spend) and also my mum sometimes gives me stipend in the personal savings account. I do a little bit of business (interior decorating) on the side and some of the funds go to my salary account while some go to my personal savings account. I provided the embassy with both bank statements as well. But i was still refused a visa. Their reason:

No evidence to comfirm you have any family in Nigeria.

A number of unexplainable deposits shown in one of the accounts (my personal savings account) they say the deposits are inconsistent. Which means they confused my salary account with my personal savings account.

No evidence to confirm my fathers employment status in the us.

I want to reapply immediately. I will appreciate if i am assisted please. Thank you. Also can i have anyones personal email or @justwise please your email so i can take a picture of the refusal nlte and send to you. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2015
@lloyd1000

Congrats enjoy ur time there. Not just that it pays to say the truth but its that the truth is easier to remember.

@isogee

Abeg sort yourself out cos I'm beginning to wonder what you yourself are doing in the UK.

Just simply to explain what she was doing there for 3months is a problem. She has been refused already and you now want to doctor documents so that she will be officially banned abi.
Desperation is a trap but you wont believe so please go ahead and cook up a story

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nosyke(m): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dear Just wise and co,

Many thanks for your help all these while. I just got an invite this afternoon from my office to attend a company meeting in Bath, Uk from 12-18th of December 2015. My office is fully funding this trip from flight to hotels and even per diem.

I had to rush to the visa website to apply, so far so good especially from the information I got on this forum. However, after confirming application, I am unable to sign the declaration link. I have put my name and today's dates came up. Nothing else, and I cant move to the pay visa fee section.

Looking Standard visa group, it seems the a decision should be made within 10 days. My questions are as follows:
a. Is there a way I could fast track my visa application to be able to come out fast being that I need to be in for that meeting( I know this is too impromptu), maybe is there a possibility to pay higher fees?

b. What should I do from my end
c How do I sign the 'sign declaration page/form' before I am able to make payment.?

Grateful for urgent replies as I am really freaking out in confusion here.

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2015
mmo1:
have your wife collected her passport and documents from tlscontact
No. She email TLScontact to complain. They said they will investigate and get back to her.

What about you? You get your passport yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.