Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528486 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:08am On Dec 03, 2015
daily98:
Good day house, I was given admission to study in one of the UK universities but to my surprise I was asked to bring IELTS result with a score of 7.0 before I can be given unconditional admission. Please house, is there anyway to go about it without the IETLS. Whatz the chance of getting a shared scholarship too with the admission and without the IETLS. Thanks

Why is that a surprise to you? What is wrong with writing English language test to prove your capability?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2015
A big thank u to everyone in the house. My wife picked up her passport this morning. Visa approved for 2 yrs.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babyisUS: 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
Sunny4Gold:
A big thank u to everyone in the house. My wife picked up her passport this morning. Visa approved for 2 yrs.

Wow! Congratulations! Av been waiting to read your post on the outcome after u mentioned yesterday that she was sent a mail that her passport was ready for collection... cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
blank:

Why not just say the truth and if they allow it, all well and good. If it is refused, you know that it was due to doing the right thing. What if you lie and it is still refused?

The truth is she stayed in the UK for 3months instead of the 1month she stated on her application (NOTE: SHE DID NOT OVERSTAY HER 6MONTH VISA. But she has been told to provide reasons why she stayed for that long... Remember she is still at post in the same company.. She wasn't fired from her job
If she was to be ur sis wat will you do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Demi007: 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
Please guys. How ling does it take for you to get uk visa if you are re applying? Is it the same 15 working days, or is it less than the 15 days? Tha k you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
isogee:

The truth is she stayed in the UK for 3months instead of the 1month she stated on her application (NOTE: SHE DID NOT OVERSTAY HER 6MONTH VISA. But she has been told to provide reasons why she stayed for that long... Remember she is still at post in the same company.. She wasn't fired from her job
I would tell here not to make up lies that could get her banned.
I would tell here to make plans for Christmas at home.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by isogee: 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
worry359:

I would tell here not to make up lies that could get her banned.
I would tell here to make plans for Christmas at home.

Lool...wat about future application...does it mean ur sis is not going to apply for uk vusa again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 5:08am On Dec 04, 2015
isogee:

Since she didn't overstay her visa, I would tell the truth and pray they accept it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2015
blank:

Since she didn't overstay her visa, I would tell the truth and pray they accept it.
I would agree tell the truth on her next application and hope for a good result.

But he seems to have a problem with "truth" I do not even think he has even told all the truth here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zizomaticz(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2015
salsera:

You've done tier 4 before so you should be familiar with visa application just go to ukvisas site and find out requirements for visit visas both for the person inviting and the 'invitee'

Cos your question seems like you want to be spoonfed.
Cmon people do your homework first then come here to clarify from others.

Thank you for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tinglesbabe: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
please if my husband writes a letter of consent to enable me travel with our daughter to uk, do we have to get a third party like a lawyer to sign or just his signature is enough? and does he have to attach a copy of his passport data page?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
tinglesbabe:
please if my husband writes a letter of consent to enable me travel with our daughter to uk, do we have to get a third party like a lawyer to sign or just his signature is enough? and does he have to attach a copy of his passport data page?

You do not need a lawyer. His signature is sufficient with copy of his passport attached to your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ogogoro: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hi guys, my sister applied for a UK visa and got a message saying that a decision had been made last Friday. However, she requested for her documents to be sent by courier and it had been one week now, and she has not received her passport back yet. And she submitted her documents in person at VI. How can she chase this up? Who does she contact? I'm worried that her passport might have been stolen by the courier. Is this a possibility? Why won't they communicate? Argh!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2015
ogogoro:
Hi guys, my sister applied for a UK visa and got a message saying that a decision had been made last Friday. However, she requested for her documents to be sent by courier and it had been one week now, and she has not received her passport back yet. And she submitted her documents in person at VI. How can she chase this up? Who does she contact? I'm worried that her passport might have been stolen by the courier. Is this a possibility? Why won't they communicate? Argh!

She should send a query to Tlscontact through their website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ogogoro: 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

She should send a query to Tlscontact through their website.

Thanks. Was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar, and if there was a chance her documents might have been stolen. Is that an unreasonable fear?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 7:33am On Dec 05, 2015
ogogoro:
Your sister received email message that decision had been made not a message that the passport is ready for collection. TLScontact can only mail it out if the passport is ready for collection. Track the application and see.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ogogoro: 9:28am On Dec 05, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

Your sister received email message that decision had been made not a message that the passport is ready for collection. TLScontact can only mail it out if the passport is ready for collection. Track the application and see.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2015
ogogoro:

I requested for the courier return too.The last i heard so far is that UKVI have received my application.TLS didn't even update my account on that.I will like to know how ur sister's case turns out.Just keep hope alive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ogogoro: 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
veecee29:

I requested for the courier return too.The last i heard so far is that UKVI have received my application.TLS didn't even update my account on that.I will like to know how ur sister's case turns out.Just keep hope alive.

Thanks - what date did you get the message?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amarise: 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2015
good pm to everyone. @frontpagelawyer, I confirmed my application today , signed, booked appointment for Tuesday but couldn't make the payment through GT's MasterCard . pls what other channels can I use and hope the cancellation due to my inability to pay within 3hrs won't have a disadvantage?? tnx real good
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 2:24am On Dec 06, 2015
ogogoro:

Thanks - what date did you get the message?

25th November.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2015
amarise:
good pm to everyone. @frontpagelawyer, I confirmed my application today , signed, booked appointment for Tuesday but couldn't make the payment through GT's MasterCard . pls what other channels can I use and hope the cancellation due to my inability to pay within 3hrs won't have a disadvantage?? tnx real good

Not a problem, you can sign out and schedule another appointment. You should also contact your bank if you're having problem with online transaction.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 5:18am On Dec 07, 2015
@justwise and gurus,I am travelling on a tourist visa but my friends wants me to bring foodstuffs like beans and garri....it is possible for me to travel with stuffs like dat without being stopped at d airport
Thanks so much while awaiting ur reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amarise: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2015
good morning to everyone,@ frontpagelawyer et al , I booked another appointment this morning for tomorrow at UKVI but when it got to payment am still experiencing a delay. when I clicked ' make payment' the next page brought this: sorry your order is no longer payable. please contact the merchant quoting reference number: GWF...........
server secure .work pay.com at 07/12/2015 time. please I seek humble advice from this noble house asap. ( note: tried payment on Saturday with my pals card and later transferred it to my account when the problem persisted but could not get through with either.)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
@amarise,pls look for someone else that has a card that authorises online transactions.. Cos dats d only way of payment.try Fcmb mastetcard..cos dats what I used for mine..I hope this helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
amarise:
good morning to everyone,@ frontpagelawyer et al , I booked another appointment this morning for tomorrow at UKVI but when it got to payment am still experiencing a delay. when I clicked ' make payment' the next page brought this: sorry your order is no longer payable. please contact the merchant quoting reference number: GWF...........
server secure .work pay.com at 07/12/2015 time. please I seek humble advice from this noble house asap. ( note: tried payment on Saturday with my pals card and later transferred it to my account when the problem persisted but could not get through with either.)

You have to start another application. That's the solution.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amarise: 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
@yolemum , tnx for your concern. @my able FPL, God won't cease to be your advocate. just saw the same advice suggested on worldpay support centre. I will do that .tnx again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
yolemum:
@justwise and gurus,I am travelling on a tourist visa but my friends wants me to bring foodstuffs like beans and garri....it is possible for me to travel with stuffs like dat without being stopped at d airport
Thanks so much while awaiting ur reply

Last time i traveled i had plenty of garri, beans, elubo, honey etc in my two luggage. When it was my turn to be checked at MMIA as i placed my luggage on the desk the man just walked away(i guess he was tired),after waiting for some minutes another lady asked if i have been checked and i said no, she just opened my luggage and closed it back and said you can go. I was lucky o grin

No one stopped me at POE for carrying so much foodstuff so if you can escape the officers in MMIA you are good to go but please read what is allowed/quantity. I read on a UK website the quantity of honey etc i am allowed to take.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nosyke(m): 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Yes, make use of your salary and savings account. Your pay slip will play an important role because it shows your monthly tax deductions from your salary except your have the tax card then you can include it.

If you're working in a blue chip company, you'll need a letter of sponsorship addressed to the British High Commission, but for an SME or smaller corporation, you'll need the company's statement of account and Tax clearance Certificate attached to your application.

Fast Track doesn't guarantee visa and you might still experience additional delays as there are usually longer waiting time obtaining visas at peak periods and holiday seasons, reason why you should have submitted earlier.

Do a hotel reservation at www.booking.com; attach copy of the confirmation to your application or did you not fill where you'll stay whilst in the UK?

You're asking some questions at the wrong time.

Best of luck.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ewilliam2015: 4:09am On Dec 08, 2015
Hello everyone...I submitted my application on Thursday and I already got an email on Monday saying they have made a decision...and it was thesame email about if anyone contacts me that my application is still under review or The outcome can be influenced pls disregard such Becuz it cannot...does that email mean I didn't get the visa and why was a decision made just 2days after submission? Pls I need ur response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:01am On Dec 08, 2015
Ewilliam2015:
Hello everyone...I submitted my application on Thursday and I already got an email on Monday saying they have made a decision...and it was thesame email about if anyone contacts me that my application is still under review or The outcome can be influenced pls disregard such Becuz it cannot...does that email mean I didn't get the visa and why was a decision made just 2days after submission? Pls I need ur response

Sometimes refusal takes longer time than approval. ECO is done accessing your application hence the decision.

You'll be the first to know the outcome; nothing we tell you here that will make any difference.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:03am On Dec 08, 2015
Nosyke:

@Oga, FpL, kindly modify this post to remove personal details (especially about income)....I've sorted out this issue. thanks

Don't understand what you want me to take down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.