Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529134 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hi TeeLighthouse,

Thank you for confirming that you've had the same experience, it helps to put my mind to rest that it's the normal procedure.

Kind Regards

TeeLighthouse:

Hello, the same thing happened to me last Tuesday. They called and left a voice message and called me back the next morning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good day everyone, I have been a silent reader on this platform since I submitted my Visa application. I just want to share my Visa timeline on here and I hope it helps someone. I am currently observing my NYSC and I've travelled to the uk twice with my family in the past years with the family visit visa and my parents have gone about 4 times
Note: This was a standard visa application(Family Visit)
Visa granted
Biometrics done: 17th Oct
Application transferred to embassy: 17th Oct
Received by UKVI: 18th Oct
Acknowledgement from Sheffield:20th Oct
Decision made and collection mail from tls: 7th Nov
Passport collected: 8th Nov with visa issued on the 1st Nov
I pray everyone expecting their Visas will also get it ( both first time applicants and renewals). Just keep praying and God will do it. I must admit I was scared because I realized I made tiny errors in my application and I had already submitted and had my biometrics taken but I kept praying and God proved himself.
P.s: It was a fully sponsored trip. My mum(also in Nigeria) will be sponsoring my trip. I will be travelling alone this time

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
90sretrogirl:
Good day everyone, I have been a silent reader on this platform since I submitted my Visa application. I just want to share my Visa timeline on here and I hope it helps someone. I am currently observing my NYSC and I've travelled to the uk twice with my family in the past years with the family visit visa and my parents have gone about 4 times
Visa granted
I pray everyone expecting their Visas will also get it ( both first time applicants and renewals). Just keep praying and God will do it. I must admit I was scared because I realized I made tiny errors in my application and I had already submitted and had my biometrics taken but I kept praying and God proved himself.
P.s: It was a fully sponsored trip. My mum(also in Nigeria) will be sponsoring my trip.

@90sretrogirl: Congratulations! Please where did you do your Biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
melochic:
Please I need a response. Thanks.

Under the section where they ask if you have any other additional jobs, click on yes and fill in the company's details and how much you earn from it. If you can get a letter from the company acknowledging that you work for them and earn xxxx amount for the job, that will be the best because you will need to explain the funds in your account. Then, this is very optional, you can attach a cover letter and state there that you get more funds from the additional job than your full time job and you will source funds for your trip and your son from the money.
And as for your son, you should attach his bank statement since he has one as you will also need to fill his income under income and employment section in his visa application form. My mum is sponsoring my trip as I am still dependent on her but I still had to attach my bank statement( even as the money in there was little to nothing lool). When you get to the VAC, all you will need to do is attach your account statement under his sponsor's evidence then his own bank statement under his financial evidence.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
sassybee1:

@90sretrogirl: Congratulations! Please where did you do your Biometrics?
I did it in VI and thank you so much. I hope you get yours as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
90sretrogirl:
Visa granted
P.s: It was a fully sponsored trip. My mum(also in Nigeria) will be sponsoring my trip. I will be travelling alone this time

CONGRATULATIONS!..That was fast considering the latest trends
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by birdmansoho: 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hi justwise, good day. Does the UK still offer 20hours working hours to international students visa or they stopped it? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
Purplebae:

CONGRATULATIONS!..That was fast considering the latest trends
Thanks so much and I know right! been checking the thread and I see some get their passports back after 70 working days. I was very much surprised cos I got mine on the 13th/14th working day. I just thank God honestly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=90sretrogirl post=62218646]Good day everyone, I have been a silent reader on this platform since I submitted my Visa application. I just want to share my Visa timeline on here and I hope it helps someone. I am currently observing my NYSC and I've travelled to the uk twice with my family in the past years with the family visit visa and my parents have gone about 4 times
Visa granted

Congratulations girl!

#I tap into your blessing and I shall testify#
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2017
birdmansoho:
Hi justwise, good day. Does the UK still offer 20hours working hours to international students visa or they stopped it? Thanks

Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
90sretrogirl:
Visa granted

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2017
bambash:
Good afternoon House,

Its a great thing going on here and I pray I will be able to benefit from the wealth of experience that is being show cased.

I hold a British Passport but I reside and work here in Naija. I have a wife and 3 kids. The kids of course are also British citizens but wifey isnt.

2 of the kids are presently schooling in the UK while living with my brother (this is known to the UK Govt).

Now my question is this, whats the best way to apply for a visa for my wife so she can go visiting with our last born as often as possible.

She applied for a visa some time back but was refused on the grounds of insufficient information about what she was going to do and her finances. At that time the kids were all here in naija though. I would like to avoid a situation where by the British Authorities will think she will arrive and stay put because she has kids that are citizens. That is the last thing on our mind because we intend to get wifey a resettlement visa when I relocate.
I cant wait to read all the advice that will be thrown at me. Many thanks

@Justwise, @Bright,@Ekpotek, @every one....please advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=funmido post=62226223][/quote]
Thank you so much. You will surely testify by God's grace

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2017
justwise:

Congratulations
Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dblackgirls: 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hello house....pls i have been refused twice at the UK embassy first last year cos i previously spent 8 weeks while serving(nysc) and d money in my acct wasnt enuff...secondly dis year august becos i got some credit transfer and i didnt acct for it....now i want to re-apply.what are the things u will advice i work on this time?another issue is, i have a relative there and he has applied for naturalization, is it possible they knw he is my relative? Cos i am presenting him as my sponsor here ...and i dnt want mine to affect his naturalization.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
Dblackgirls:
Hello house....pls i have been refused twice at the UK embassy first last year cos i previously spent 8 weeks while serving(nysc) and d money in my acct wasnt enuff...secondly dis year august becos i got some credit transfer and i didnt acct for it....now i want to re-apply.what are the things u will advice i work on this time?another issue is, i have a relative there and he has applied for naturalization, is it possible they knw he is my relative? Cos i am presenting him as my sponsor here ...and i dnt want mine to affect his naturalization.

Do you work or own a business in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
bambash:
Good afternoon House,

Its a great thing going on here and I pray I will be able to benefit from the wealth of experience that is being show cased.

I hold a British Passport but I reside and work here in Naija. I have a wife and 3 kids. The kids of course are also British citizens but wifey isnt.

2 of the kids are presently schooling in the UK while living with my brother (this is known to the UK Govt).

Now my question is this, whats the best way to apply for a visa for my wife so she can go visiting with our last born as often as possible.

She applied for a visa some time back but was refused on the grounds of insufficient information about what she was going to do and her finances. At that time the kids were all here in naija though. I would like to avoid a situation where by the British Authorities will think she will arrive and stay put because she has kids that are citizens. That is the last thing on our mind because we intend to get wifey a resettlement visa when I relocate.
I cant wait to read all the advice that will be thrown at me. Many thanks

She needs to apply for visiting visa and she needs to get her kids schools papers to attach to her application.

Its a standard visiting visa application which also include family visiting.

Are the kids living on their own or with relatives?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2017
justwise:

She needs to apply for visiting visa and she needs to get her kids schools papers to attach to her application.

Its a standard visiting visa application which also include family visiting.

Are the kids living on their own or with relatives?

Good morning @ Justwise and thanks for responding. The kids are with my younger brother.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:05am On Nov 10, 2017
bambash:

Good morning @ Justwise and thanks for responding. The kids are with my younger brother.

Ok, he can send an IV to support her application and evidence of accommodation available for her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bambash(m): 8:39am On Nov 10, 2017
justwise:

Ok, he can send an IV to support her application and evidence of accommodation available for her.

Thanks once again.

I forgot to mention that she is a full time house wife and I will be sponsoring.

I also do not have any savings tucked away but can sponsor the trip with my earnings. There will be no need for house upkeep when she is away and I have no one depending on me. Will this fly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:56am On Nov 10, 2017
bambash:

Thanks once again.

I forgot to mention that she is a full time house wife and I will be sponsoring.

I also do not have any savings tucked away but can sponsor the trip with my earnings. There will be no need for house upkeep when she is away and I have no one depending on me. Will this fly?

Not a big deal as long as you can sponsor the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hello all...please can one book a female dormitory for hotel reservation for UK visa application.... Also when applying for 5 years anything different?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dblackgirls: 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
justwise:

Do you work or own a business in Nigeria?
yes i work here in a school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hpmrentals: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
Dblackgirls:
yes i work here in a school.

Hmmm am a bit sceptical. Submitted on 25th of Oct. for two years visa and was received collection and decision email today. Pls Is that a sign of refusals or what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iphi(m): 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
please I need help with a friend of mine. he was given birth to in the UK but left 3 years after to Nigeria and now he's an adult but can't go back to the UK despite using court in Nigeria he was still denied on several occasions. he made a big mistake in the immigration, then they use paper to register which he did but as at 2014 when the system was digital he dished the formal passport and got a fresh one without linking the formal passport number to it because the immigration was asking for he's UK passport or they wouldn't link the passport which he doesn't have, he was frustrated and had to do a new one... he's first passport was 1983 he's was a child then and he could go to UK with the mum about twice before he came back to Nigeria for a long while, till 2014 when he did a new passport without adding the formal passport number he cant get a visa till date after so much appeal in court. please what can he do. he's brother live in the UK and he's a citizen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
iphi:
please I need help with a friend of mine. he was given birth to in the UK but left 3 years after to Nigeria and now he's an adult but can't go back to the UK despite using court in Nigeria he was still denied on several occasions. he made a big mistake in the immigration, then they use paper to register which he did but as at 2014 when the system was digital he dished the formal passport and got a fresh one without linking the formal passport number to it because the immigration was asking for he's UK passport or they wouldn't link the passport which he doesn't have, he was frustrated and had to do a new one... he's first passport was 1983 he's was a child then and he could go to UK with the mum about twice before he came back to Nigeria for a long while, till 2014 when he did a new passport without adding the formal passport number he cant get a visa till date after so much appeal in court. please what can he do. he's brother live in the UK and he's a citizen

Does he have the UK birth certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
Dblackgirls:

You should be able to show that you can sponsor yourself without your relative contribution.

Your first refusal will also surface unless you have been able to explain when you stayed 8wks in the UK during that period.

So things you need to work on is..

1. Proof that you have the means to sponsor yourself through evidence of salary earned or income from business

2. Address the two previous refusals

3. If the person in the UK is your relative then declare that and if he will be sponsoring you he has to send his bank statement, payslips and proof of accommodation. This is just bonus but ultimately you have to show the ECO that you can sponsor the trip and whatever contribution your relative in the UK makes towards your trip is a bonus.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bissiejoe: 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2017
hpmrentals:

Hmmm am a bit sceptical. Submitted on 25th of Oct. for two years visa and was received collection and decision email today. Pls Is that a sign of refusals or what?
Standard processing time is 15 working days and this falls within so it is not a sign of refusal. It could probably be this fast because you met all requirement and your previous travel history as this application is for two years. Do let us know the outcome when you get back ur passport so that others can take a clue from this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Veacon: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hello Justwise and other knowledgeable nairalanders on Visa matters.
Please I need your advice on the following questions bothering on Visitor visa application. I'm not completely a novice on visa matters though, as my masters degree was in UK.

A friend of mine is inviting me on a two weeks visit to the UK, all expense paid. My friend works in the UK and earns well so is capable of sponsoring my trip. However, I have the following questions:

1. Will it be ok with the ECO for my friend to sponsor the entire trip without my contribution?
2. Is there a minimum amount needed to enable my friend successfully sponsor the trip?
3. Is an invitation letter and sponsorship form required to aid my application?
4. Lastly, the issue of showing strong ties that guarantees my return, I'm yet to get a job, neither do I have any landed property to show strong ties, how do I go about this?

Any other advice necessary to make my application a smooth one will be well appreciated.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
Please guys respond to my question... Please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 11, 2017
Please who knows where one can get cheap flights to Birmingham? Travel agencies or online travel sites. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.