Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529314 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Donphyno101: 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
@justwise, thanks so much. I applied with Visitor Visa Application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Orofun1: 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
That's a good one, I m planning to do exactly d same thing, my salary is 155k monthly, I am a lecturer in a government polytechnic. I did my MSC in UK some 5 years ago and I am travelling for a 2 weeks holiday.
Hope my salary is sufficient although I will have about 700k in my account before submitting my application.

Kunle2030:
Hello everyone.i have been following this thread for a long time tho I never posted.i will like to give back to this wonderful forum cos reading through the pages helped me.So I recently applied for a standard visitor visa and it was granted.i have been travelling to the UK in the last 18 years.i started out with a 6 months visa,then got a 2 years visitor visa twice and went on to 5 years visa.my 5 years visa recently expired so i decided to apply for a 10 year visa which was very expensive but I thought it's worth it if u can afford it and u get it. Here is my timeline:
Submitted at tls ikeja Feb 7,
Transferred to ukvi Feb 8,
Decision made email Feb 16
Collection email Feb 16.

One thing I learnt from my experience is that it is important to keep your application simple and honest.it is also important to have a very good travel history and don't abuse your visa.i have never stayed more than 3 weeks on holiday all thru my 5 years visa.3 weeks was the highest i ever stayed..there were many times I stayed 10 days and sometimes 3 days.

When I submitted I didn't have any payslips cos my company didn't give payslips so what I did was I had to get a letter from my office to introduce me and to state how long my annual leave will be for and also to state my salary.by the way my salary was about 105k naira not a lot really and it was never regurlaly paid.i submitted my personal bank statement with a balance of about 750k and also my salary account with zero balance just showing my salary deposits even though they were not regularly paid.
I didn't have any property so i didn't submit any evidence of one.i submitted letter of invitation,sponsors British passport biodata page and a proof of address from sponsor in form of an electric bill.
Those were all I submitted.infact when i remember when I went to submit at tls ikeja I felt intimidated cos there were people with loads of documents and i didnt have much to submit but alas,my 10 years standard visitor visa was granted.pls keep it simple,be honest and don't abuse the terms of your visa and try to make short trips..thanks justwise and ektokpe and all the contributors thanks for your selfless service.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nitrogen(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hi People, thanks for your contributions. Very helpful. I recently applied for a standard visitor visa (six months) and it was granted.

Here is my timeline:

Submitted at TLS VI Feb 8,
Transferred to ukvi Feb 12,
Decision made email Feb 28,
Collection email Feb 28.

First time sha.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AmbivertMe: 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hello, Congrats.
Did u receive passport ready for collection email from both Sheffield and TLS or just TLS?
nitrogen:
Hi People, thanks for your contributions. Very helpful. I recently applied for a standard visitor visa (six months) and it was granted.

Here is my timeline:

Collection email Feb 28.

First time sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nitrogen(m): 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
AmbivertMe:
Hello, Congrats.
Did u receive passport ready for collection email from both Sheffield and TLS or just TLS?

Thanks.

Just TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 2:17am On Mar 01, 2018
hello @Justwise @ekpotek and everyone!

kindly guide...

i applied for my visa last year october using this site (https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)

i am trying to apply/register my sister on same site but it keeps bringing up this (Your registration has been unsuccessful, please see the guidance at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com)

has the application site changed?

can i apply using this site (https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa) ?

thanks for your kind response!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 10:59am On Mar 01, 2018
nitrogen:

Here is my timeline:

Collection email Feb 28.

First time sha.

congratulation!!!!

do you apply with a virgin passport??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 11:08am On Mar 01, 2018
Hello house,
I'm putting things in place to apply for a Tier 2 visa. as part of the English language proficiency requirements, I applied for a statement of comparability and English language assessment from UKNARIC. But there has been too much back and forth with my UKNARIC application. Though I have submitted the extra documents required I need a plan B.
The problem is the next available date for IELTS in and around my area is too far (may).
My questions are; is there any other English language assessment exam besides IELTS that is accepted by the UK visa authorities? Or is there any legal means of booking for IELTS after bookings for a particular month are closed, even if it costs extra?
Thsnks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2018
funmido:
hello @Justwise @ekpotek and everyone!

kindly guide...

i applied for my visa last year october using this site (https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)

i am trying to apply/register my sister on same site but it keeps bringing up this (Your registration has been unsuccessful, please see the guidance at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com)

has the application site changed?

can i apply using this site (https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa) ?

thanks for your kind response!

Yes you can apply using that link
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2018
sutelk:
Hello house,
I'm putting things in place to apply for a Tier 2 visa. as part of the English language proficiency requirements, I applied for a statement of comparability and English language assessment from UKNARIC. But there has been too much back and forth with my UKNARIC application. Though I have submitted the extra documents required I need a plan B.
The problem is the next available date for IELTS in and around my area is too far (may).
My questions are; is there any other English language assessment exam besides IELTS that is accepted by the UK visa authorities? Or is there any legal means of booking for IELTS after bookings for a particular month are closed, even if it costs extra?
Thsnks

You may have to look outside your area probably other states closer to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
justwise:

Thanks for your response. I'm in Lagos. The next available date anywhere is 24/03/18 in Abuja. But its academic.
I believe I need General for Tier 2 visa. But will the academic be accepted for visa purposes. what are the differences.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
justwise:

Thanks for your response. I'm in Lagos. The next available date anywhere is 24/03/18 in Abuja. But its academic.
I believe I need General for Tier 2 visa. But will the academic be accepted for visa purposes. what are the differences.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sola21: 3:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good Day Everyone in the house. Please I need an urgent advice. I schooled in the uk for 4 years after which I returned to Nigeria and I have also visited severally on visiting visa. I applied for my most recent visitors visa last year and I included my friends name who are all in london but wrote on the application that I will be staying at an hotel in London which I did .
I intend travelling again but the difference is I wont be staying in London as usual but in Liverpool so I will be flying in via Liverpool airport as I will be staying with my boyfrIend for 10 days. We started dating after my application and last travel. Please how do I present this at the poe especially when he was not listed in my previous application as anyone I know in uk and I have never listed Liverpool on my application before? Also on this trip i don't intend going to London is why I will be flying straight to Liverpool.
Please I need suggestion on how to explain to themail at poe.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sola21: 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good Day Everyone in the house. Please I need an urgent advice. I schooled in the uk for 4 years after which I returned to Nigeria and I have also visited severally on visiting visa. I applied for my most recent visitors visa last year and I included my friends name who are all in london but wrote on the application that I will be staying at an hotel in London which I did .
I intend travelling again but the difference is I wont be staying in London as usual but in Liverpool so I will be flying in via Liverpool airport as I will be staying with my boyfrIend for 10 days. We started dating after my application and last travel. Please how do I present this at the poe especially when he was not listed in my previous application as anyone I know in uk and I have never listed Liverpool on my application before? Also on this trip i don't intend going to London is why I will be flying straight to Liverpool.
Please I need suggestion on how to explain to at poe.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
sola21:
Please I need suggestion on how to explain to themail at poe.

Do you have a valid visit visa. If yes, then you have nothing to worry. Just provide the address of your boyfriend on the land card. In case you’re asked what you business in UK? Just be honest and tell them you are visiting your boyfriend in Liverpool who invited you. Have in hand a copy of the invite and his telephone number. Since you’re a frequent traveler to the UK, I don’t envisage any problem at POE.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good evening everyone. Pls I've been trying to pay for visit visa (standard processing time). I want to apply at the VI centre as it's closest to me, but it's saying I will have to pay an additional 79 USD. Is that the new thing now? Anyone in this same boat?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugomnaanny: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good evening, @just wise pls can someone that own a business (enterprise) not (company) , use that to apply for a UK visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blessedgeorgeus(m): 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
justwise:

Stay on with UKNaric. you can pay for Fast Track service. This is a premium service for individuals or companies who require a Statement of Comparability and/or an English Language Assessment in 24 or 48 hours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sola21: 11:51pm On Mar 01, 2018
ekpotek:

Do you have a valid visit visa. If yes, then you have nothing to worry. Just provide the address of your boyfriend on the land card. In case you’re asked what you business in UK? Just be honest and tell them you are visiting your boyfriend in Liverpool who invited you. Have in hand a copy of the invite and his telephone number. Since you’re a frequent traveler to the UK, I don’t envisage any problem at POE.

Thank you for your response. Yes I have a valid visa and a travel history of over 13 years to the uk. Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:14am On Mar 02, 2018
sola21:

Thank you for your response. Yes I have a valid visa and a travel history of over 13 years to the uk. Thank you very much

Then you got nothing to worry about, if asked at POE simply state the city you are visiting and contact person.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dericinh: 10:27am On Mar 02, 2018
good day everyone ....this should be my first time posting here...although I have been following this page for awhile now.......
please I need advice and information/lecture ...
I intend relocating to the UK towards pursuing my football career ..I haven't been there before and this will be my first time traveling ...I currently have no one over there and intend staying for years.....but I have a sponsor here in Nigeria who intends catering for my expenses .....I would love to know what type of visa I should apply for and the rest if it?? please anyone with good knowledge about it...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2018
Dericinh:
good day everyone ....this should be my first time posting here...although I have been following this page for awhile now.......
please I need advice and information/lecture ...
I intend relocating to the UK towards pursuing my football career ..I haven't been there before and this will be my first time traveling ...I currently have no one over there and intend staying for years.....but I have a sponsor here in Nigeria who intends catering for my expenses .....I would love to know what type of visa I should apply for and the rest if it?? please anyone with good knowledge about it...

There is no such visa and it doesn't work that way, if you are a talented footballer a club in the UK will invite you for a trial if successful you will be given a contract, this is only if you have played with national team for sometime.

Or you are younger than 15 or so then an academy can take you up for trial.

Though be careful because there are more scammers online who will promise you all these but you will never go close to any airport let a lone traveling to any country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fcisca: 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
Good day all. Thanks for all your contributions on this thread @justwise @ekpotek and all the selfless peeps.

I just got my passport from TLS Abuja with 2 years visitors visa.
Here is the timeline:

Submission -8 February, Biometric same day
Acknowledgement email from Sheffield -12 February
Email from TLS saying passport is ready for collection -28th February

Good luck to all the other guys applying.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Msjoy: 6:24am On Mar 03, 2018
Hello House, please I'm applying to the UK embassy and I'm not sure under what sub category my purpose of trip falls on. I'm a Lawyer and masters student abroad and I'm writing my thesis this semester. So I've been able to secure a lawfirm in the UK that invited me to come for research in relation to my thesis topic which is in line with the firm's area of practise. My university has also given me a letter to take to the embassy in this regard. I'm not sure which sub category this masters research falls under, I initially felt it was business academic but I'm also not qualified for that category. I'd be very greatful if d immigration experts in the house can give any possible suggestions. Thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by realshifu: 7:37am On Mar 03, 2018
Msjoy:
Hello House, please I'm applying to the UK embassy and I'm not sure under what sub category my purpose of trip falls on. I'm a Lawyer and masters student abroad and I'm writing my thesis this semester. So I've been able to secure a lawfirm in the UK that invited me to come for research in relation to my thesis topic which is in line with the firm's area of practise. My university has also given me a letter to take to the embassy in this regard. I'm not sure which sub category this masters research falls under, I initially felt it was business academic but I'm also not qualified for that category. I'd be very greatful if d immigration experts in the house can give any possible suggestions. Thanks guys

Good morning. I am not an immigration expert, so the gurus here will still correct me if I am wrong. But I believe the Standard Visitor Visa covers what you are describing. I assume you are currently using the Visa4Uk website, in which case you should switch and start here
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa read the page then click on apply, then click on online application. Start filling the application, you will get to a point where you are to choose a sub visa category, none of which will really fit your purpose, so click on "others", then you will get a box to freely explain the purpose of your visit, which is a few months research at a UK law firm.

I hope you will find this helpful.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:18am On Mar 03, 2018
Msjoy:

Your visa category is the standard visitor visa, since you will not be paid by the law firm. There will ample opportunities in the application form to explain your reasons for seeking entry into the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:40am On Mar 03, 2018
fcisca:
Good day all. Thanks for all your contributions on this thread @justwise @ekpotek and all the selfless peeps.

Here is the timeline:

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
fcisca:

Here is the timeline:

congrats bro...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Msjoy: 6:03am On Mar 04, 2018
Wow exactly! Was using visa4uk. Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hi everyone @justwise @ekpotek @fcisca Pls how recent should the bank statement submitted be?

I printed out my bank statement on the 1st of March and submitted my online application on the same day, however, the earliest appointment date for biometrics and submission, I could get was 9th march.

Should I print out another bank statement or is an 8 day old one okay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
Hi everyone @justwise @ekpotek @fcisca Pls how recent should the bank statement submitted be?

I printed out my bank statement on the 1st of March and submitted my online application on the same day, however, the earliest appointment date for biometrics and submission, I could get was 9th march.

Should I print out another bank statement or is an 8 day old one okay?

No you don't need to, your bank statement is current.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
justwise:

Ok go ahead and apply but don't forget to explain that your host in the UK will be taking care of accommodation and feeding, get supporting documents from them to support your application.

@Justwise and @Epotek,

Do i need a covering letter stating the cost of flight with the application? Also, how do i quote my monthly income since it has a monthly fixed and variable pay. Your urgent response is highly anticipated as i am applying this week. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.