Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529506 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mcnero: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
@justwise and other gurus in the house...pls I need Ur help and advise here....

I created an account for myself and included my wife details as she will be traveling with me, do I need to register her own account separately?

How do I combined both of us for an appointment ?

Ur advise pls..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
mcnero:
@justwise and other gurus in the house...pls I need Ur help and advise here....

I created an account for myself and included my wife details as she will be traveling with me, do I need to register her own account separately?

How do I combined both of us for an appointment ?

Ur advise pls..

You need a separate visa application for her and go together for the appointment as a family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Amolad111:

@Justwise and @Epotek,

Do i need a covering letter stating the cost of flight with the application? Also, how do i quote my monthly income since it has a monthly fixed and variable pay. Your urgent response is highly anticipated as i am applying this week. Thank you.

Not necessarily a cover letter but a budget-like outline of the cost of the trip

You have to state your average monthly income and support it with paper documents then use the blank space in the form to explain the nature of your income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
justwise:

Not necessarily a cover letter but a budget-like outline of the cost of the trip

You have to state your average monthly income and support it with paper documents then use the blank space in the form to explain the nature of your income.

@Justwise,

Thank you for your response and advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
Hi everyone @justwise @ekpotek @fcisca Pls how recent should the bank statement submitted be?

I printed out my bank statement on the 1st of March and submitted my online application on the same day, however, the earliest appointment date for biometrics and submission, I could get was 9th march.

Should I print out another bank statement or is an 8 day old one okay?

Unless there is any strategic advantage with a new statement such as new in flow or outflow to support your application. Otherwise it is not necessary. Remember signed bank statement are not free.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 10:24pm On Mar 04, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

No you don't need to, your bank statement is current.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
ekpotek:

Unless there is any strategic advantage with a new statement such as new in flow or outflow to support your application. Otherwise it is not necessary. Remember signed bank statement are not free.

Exactly at them not being free. Thanks for your prompt response as usual. I appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
@justwise and ekpotek , is it better to apply as a family or alone?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Youngpablo180: 4:02am On Mar 05, 2018
Hello house...I need a little advice from those with better experience...
As a company owner..would the embassy see it as money lodgment if you pay yourself 3 months salary(Dec,Jan and Feb) together in same day...starting each payment with “salary for Dec” “salary for Jan”

I’m asking so as not to fall into the category of money lodgement refusal...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:23am On Mar 05, 2018
Youngpablo180:
As a company owner..would the embassy see it as money lodgment if you pay yourself 3 months salary(Dec,Jan and Feb) together in same day...starting each payment with “salary for Dec” “salary for Jan”

Although it is not unusual for employees to be owed up to 3 months salaries by companies in Nigeria. However, outstanding salaries are paid enblock not by 3 times in a day as proposed by you. This will raise suspicion by any eagle eyed ECO. Just transferred the money you need for your trip from your company account to your personal bank account and use a cover note to explain this transfer to the ECO any why. After all you own the company and there is documents to proof this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mpres: 9:02am On Mar 05, 2018
Hello house, I am new here to naira land. This is my first comment. I have read most of the comments here and I must say I am very impressed with what you guys are doing.
I also need some help.
I am applying for uk visa to take plab 2 exam. I am currently unemployed as i stopped work 6months ago to care for my baby.
My father has given me a cash gift of 2000£ to support me. Making my account balance 2400£
However, he is not my sponsor. My sponsor is my husband. He has 600£ monthly earnings with 10,000£ in savings. These are my details

Trip duration - 5days
Hostel accommodation- 115£
Living cost - 200£
Air ticket - 800£
Total cost of trip- 1115£
My balance (2000£ transferred to me from dad)- 2400£
Husbands balance - 10,000£

Is this ideal? Is there anything I must add to strengthen my application?
I have been rejected Uk visit visa once in the past for lack of finances. Please any advice will be really appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by erasourcin: 9:21am On Mar 05, 2018
Hello Generals in the House

Pls has any one use Gtbank Naira Master Card to make payment for uk visa. I Dont know if possible as I Dont have a domiciliary account. Your urgent advice is needed

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fcisca: 10:27am On Mar 05, 2018
Salaries owed employees are paid as arrears. So I suggest you pay the three months at once and then let the payslips breakdown show current month's salary and arrears for each month in addition to all the allowances and deductions.
Youngpablo180:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilove02: 12:05pm On Mar 05, 2018
chilove02:
Hello All,

My apologies if I am not posting at the correct thread.
Please all I want is help from the honourable members of this powerful forum.

I got my leave to remain in April 2013(2 and half years) which expired in October 2015. I applied for a renewal 28days before the expiration of the 1st one and H/0 approved it but then it started in December 2015 to June 2018(2nd 2 and half years). So there was a gap between the expiration of the old one and the start of the new one. Now the rule is that I have to complete 5years on that route before I can apply for indefinite Leave to Remain. I forgot to mention that I am on the 5years family route(Parent of a British citizen).

I would be 5years in April 2018 counting from the 1st day my first visa commenced but because of the gap between my two visa's that now pushed the expiration of the 2nd card to June 2018.

My question is when am I truly supposed to apply for indefinite Leave, do I have to wait for 28days before the expiration of the 2nd visa which is in May or am I eligible to apply by APRIL 2018.

I dont know if I make sense with my tales.

Please I am calling on all the gurus in the house to come to my rescue.

Thank you all.

Hello everyone, I can see no one is interested in my case as not even a single feedback was received.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mpres: 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
mpres:
Hello house, I am new here to naira land. This is my first comment. I have read most of the comments here and I must say I am very impressed with what you guys are doing.
I also need some help.
I am applying for uk visa to take plab 2 exam. I am currently unemployed as i stopped work 6months ago to care for my baby.
My father has given me a cash gift of 2000£ to support me. Making my account balance 2400£
However, he is not my sponsor. My sponsor is my husband. He has 600£ monthly earnings with 10,000£ in savings. These are my details

Trip duration - 5days
Living cost - 200£
Air ticket - 800£

I have been rejected Uk visit visa once in the past for lack of finances. Please any advice will be really appreciated.
@justwise and other experienced people in the house. Please I really need your advise, currently filling the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
@chilove02 bro just chilled I am sure justwise ekpotek and other gurus of this great house will surely help you...

@mpres chilled also cos help is coming on its way just stay calm....

@justwise @ekpotec @others gurus of this great house!!!

I need a sample consent letter for my daughter who will be travelling with my wife.....
or can I get it at a court
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2018
erasourcin:
Hello Generals in the House

Pls has any one use Gtbank Naira Master Card to make payment for uk visa. I Dont know if possible as I Dont have a domiciliary account. Your urgent advice is needed

Thanks
Yes, very possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=mpres post=65572482]Hello house, I am new here to naira land. This is my first comment. I have read most of the comments here and I must say I am very impressed with what you guys are doing.
I also need some help.

Trip duration - 5days
Living cost - 200£
Air ticket - 800£

I have been rejected Uk visit visa once in the past for lack of finances. Please any advice will be really appreciated. [/quote I 'll suggest you look for a cheaper flight to reduce the flight cost. You can book medview airlines or other transit airline just to get the flight itinerary showing d cost but don't pay. So when are stating the cost of the flight in the form u can refer to the itinerary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ItsJonathan(m): 6:26pm On Mar 05, 2018
ekpotek:

1. Applicant bank account are relevant to their application, if they are the sponsor or not, unless the applicant is under age or a dependant.

2. Sponsorship or no sponsorship. Applications are considered base on the applicant current circumstances in Nigeria (social, financial, and family) ties to Nigeria

3. Your age may or not matter depending on how the ECO view you intentions. You could be younger or older and still get a visa if you can satisfy the ECO that you will return back after your visit.

4. The reasons as proposed by you here, is enough ground for a refusal. Cos there is no compelling reasons for the visit. Beside, how do you justify visiting your friend mother who is not your family member or related to you or having a business dealing with.

We have been neighbors and child hood friends
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2018
ItsJonathan:

We have been neighbors and child hood friends

This reason in my opinion is not enough to get you a UK visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
mpres:

@justwise and other experienced people in the house. Please I really need your advise, currently filling the form.

Your expenses is okay. You should be more worried about explaining to ECO why you are unemployed, why should your father be your sponsor, when your husband can easily sponsor you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mpres: 9:25pm On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=Menakay post=65585711][/quote]thank you menakay. Any other advice will be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mpres: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2018
ekpotek:

Your expenses is okay. You should be more worried about explaining to ECO why you are unemployed, why should your father be your sponsor, when your husband can easily sponsor you.
My husband is my sponsor. But I had a cash gift from my father and it reflects in my account. He stated in a letter that he is not my sponsor for the trip however he has given me some money in the unlikely case of any extra expenses to support me.
I explained in my cover letter I stopped working shortly before delivery of my baby to be able to care for her and myself properly. I attached my previous employment letter.
Is this enough? I’m so worried mehn.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
mpres:

My husband is my sponsor. But I had a cash gift from my father and it reflects in my account. He stated in a letter that he is not my sponsor for the trip however he has given me some money in the unlikely case of any extra expenses to support me.
I explained in my cover letter I stopped working shortly before delivery of my baby to be able to care for her and myself properly. I attached my previous employment letter.
Is this enough? I’m so worried mehn.

You do not need to complicate issue. I am sure the ECO will not be bothered about your dad letter as you are an adult. If I were you, I will not have permitted this payment as it is uncessary and can cast doubt on the ability of your husband to sponsor your trip adequately in the eye of the ECO. The ECO will definitely treat this extra cash as fund lodgement in spite of your dad letter. Beside are you traveling with your baby? If not, you will need to include in your cover letter, any arrangement for the baby care in your absent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
alert20:
@chilove02 bro just chilled I am sure justwise ekpotek and other gurus of this great house will surely help you...

@mpres chilled also cos help is coming on its way just stay calm....

@justwise @ekpotec @others gurus of this great house!!!

I need a sample consent letter for my daughter who will be travelling with my wife.....
or can I get it at a court

Is your wife the mother of your daughter? If yes, you do not need a consent letter! What is needed is documents to show that your wife is the mother of your daughter via birth certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mpres: 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2018
ekpotek:

You do not need to complicate issue. I am sure the ECO will not be bothered about your dad letter as you are an adult. If I were you, I will not have permitted this payment as it is uncessary and can cast doubt on the ability of your husband to sponsor your trip adequately in the eye of the ECO. The ECO will definitely treat this extra cash as fund lodgement in spite of your dad letter. Beside are you traveling with your baby? If not, you will need to include in your cover letter, any arrangement for the baby care in your absent.
Wow, I’m even more worried now.
I’m not traveling with my baby. I’ll be sure to include plans to care for her while I’m away. Thank you and I hope the money from
My dad won’t be my downfall.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2018
chilove02:
Hello everyone, I can see no one is interested in my case as not even a single feedback was received.

This is a visit visa thread. I would not know if anyone here have been in your kind of experience to offer useful advise. I suggest you contact an immigration lawyer in the UK, ASAP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2018
mpres:

Wow, I’m even more worried now.
I’m not traveling with my baby. I’ll be sure to include plans to care for her while I’m away. Thank you and I hope the money from
My dad won’t be my downfall.

With prayer anything can happen. I wish you the best and hoping the ECO overlook this extra cash!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mpres: 5:53am On Mar 06, 2018
ekpotek:

With prayer anything can happen. I wish you the best and hoping the ECO overlook this extra cash!
Based on what @ekpotek mentioned about the cash my father sent being treated as money lodgement,I can print my account statement to end on 3rd March as the money was paid on 4th March. So it won’t reflect on the statement. ?? I’ll be submitting my application in 2days.
Please house, I need more input from you guys. Help a sister.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:56am On Mar 06, 2018
chilove02:
Hello All,

My apologies if I am not posting at the correct thread.
Please all I want is help from the honourable members of this powerful forum.

I got my leave to remain in April 2013(2 and half years) which expired in October 2015. I applied for a renewal 28days before the expiration of the 1st one and H/0 approved it but then it started in December 2015 to June 2018(2nd 2 and half years). So there was a gap between the expiration of the old one and the start of the new one. Now the rule is that I have to complete 5years on that route before I can apply for indefinite Leave to Remain. I forgot to mention that I am on the 5years family route(Parent of a British citizen).

I would be 5years in April 2018 counting from the 1st day my first visa commenced but because of the gap between my two visa's that now pushed the expiration of the 2nd card to June 2018.

My question is when am I truly supposed to apply for indefinite Leave, do I have to wait for 28days before the expiration of the 2nd visa which is in May or am I eligible to apply by APRIL 2018.

I dont know if I make sense with my tales.

Please I am calling on all the gurus in the house to come to my rescue.

Thank you all.

Counting from the first visa when will you clock 5yrs in the UK? Have you left the UK and stay more than 90days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mpres: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2018
mpres:

Based on what @ekpotek mentioned about the cash my father sent being treated as money lodgement,I can print my account statement to end on 3rd March as the money was paid on 4th March. So it won’t reflect on the statement. ?? I’ll be submitting my application in 2days.
@justwise please your contribution will be very appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:28am On Mar 06, 2018
mpres:

The bank statement printed without the reflection of the extra cash is okay as the statement is still current and valid for March submission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.