Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524933 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nonny1234:
Goodday.. it's past 15working days and no word from TLS for my passport/visa if granted.. should I have any cause for alarm. Is there anything to do or I should just wait. I paid for courier as I do not live where I submitted my documents.

Please how much does the courier cost ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 1:39am On Jul 13, 2018
Hello house,

I am filling the application form on behalf of my mum who is a housewife/homemaker.

Please what is the right selection to choose from this screenshot?

Is it Employed (and then select housewife?) or Self Employed (and then give occupation as housewife/homemaker)

Justwise, Ekpotek and everyone else, kindly help.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:46am On Jul 13, 2018
Me4wealth2018:
Hello guys

Thanks for all your contribution here. Is been very helpful. I have been issued 6months Visa and would be travelling this Friday.

I'm thinking of cancelling my hotel booking used in processing d visa. Will this affect me in any way and Wats the screening at d border like? Just curious cos is my first time of travelling to d UK. Don't want any issue

Thanks
If you don’t want any issues, and a first time visitor, why do you want to create one!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2018
luvhenry:

I just tire. Last yr dey said i sufficient funds. This year I had 1.7m in my account and wanted to spend about 550k. They said d money i intend to spend is too much

Did you declare having any other source of income?
Does any other funds goes into your account asides ur salary?
Did you explain you have been saving some amount of money from you salary for the proposed trip? If No, U need to explain .

Only Justwise and some gurus on here can do justice to tge issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nonny1234: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2018
Lee310:

Please how much does the courier cost ?

5 to 7k in naira

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:33am On Jul 13, 2018
agbedex:
Dear All,

Should I kiss UK goodbye?

I was denied a student visa in 2006. The guy that helped me to process my visa told me to increase my age when I wanted to acquire my first international passport. In spite of this, I was still denied the visa..."every unrighteousness is a sin". I have never blamed this guy, and will never blame him. I will take all the blames.
I have not applied to the UK embassy for any visa since then. My friend that did same got banned for 10 years. He denied ever applied to the embassy for visa not knowing that they kept his details in their system. As at that time, there was nothing like biometrics.
I have gotten two different passports after that time with my correct age and I have 4 used and 1 unused visas from other countries. I have been invited to the UK several times, but the fear of being banned won't let me apply.
Now, I want to apply for a visiting visa, and I want to write a statement that I was denied a student visa in 2006 with an incorrect age (the passport is long missing).
Would I still be banned for 10 years?
Should I just forget about visiting UK?
What is the appropriate thing to do?

Your previous application data and passport data are kept with UKVI forever! You have two hurdles to overcome. One your misrepresentation of your age and two your previous passport containing the refusal stamp.

If you used the old application form, you may not disclosed your refusal of 2006 as it is over 12 years in 2018. If you used the new application form you are required to disclosed any previous refusals, no time limit.

You are also required to provide information on all passport previously held, ie the passport number, date of issue and expiration. So if you provide false information like the passport is missing or you do not have any previous passport will be equated to non disclosure of material evidences or lying. The UKVI only need to do a name search and your previous passport data will pop up on the system.

So I will advise that you bring all your cards to the table and disclose to ECO that you where refused in 2006 in a cover letter. It is left for the ECO to evaluate your honesty vis a vis your new purpose for a visa into the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Notes: 9:05am On Jul 13, 2018
Thanks Justwise, ekpotek,Fcisca.and bigbus for your responses to my questions here starting from April 15. I did biometrics on the 19th of june, got my passport yesterday via courier with a 6 months visa. I appreciate all those who post on this thread.

Modified.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by agbedex: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2018
ekpotek:

Your previous application data and passport data are kept with UKVI forever! You have two hurdles to overcome. One your misrepresentation of your age and two your previous passport containing the refusal stamp.

If you used the old application form, you may not disclosed your refusal of 2006 as it is over 12 years in 2018. If you used the new application form you are required to disclosed any previous refusals, no time limit.

You are also required to provide information on all passport previously held, ie the passport number, date of issue and expiration. So if you provide false information like the passport is missing or you do not have any previous passport will be equated to non disclosure of material evidences or lying. The UKVI only need to do a name search and your previous passport data will pop up on the system.

So I will advise that you bring all your cards to the table and disclose to ECO that you where refused in 2006 in a cover letter. It is left for the ECO to evaluate your honesty vis a vis your new purpose for a visa into the UK.
Thanks for your response. Do you also agree that after stating that I was denied a visa in 2006, I should also state the incorrect age on the passport that I got the denial stamp? I can't remember the passport number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Molebs(m): 10:08am On Jul 13, 2018
Good morning all, thanks for your contributions thus far though I am a silent follower of this thread. Find my fiancee timeline below:

Visa type: Short-term study
12th June: Submitted online application
18th June: Submitted documents and biometrics
11th July: Passport ready for courier from TLS (No mail from UKVI)
12th July: Passport delivered with visa approved since 4th July (6-months multi)

She was initially scared as she was just refused US visa in May but really needed to go for the training nominated for this year.

In all, be sincere in your application and explain any irregularities on your statement in a cover letter.

Thank you and wishing awaiting applicants success!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 10:22am On Jul 13, 2018
buddiemm:

Justwise, ekpotek and other gurus please respond. Thank you.
Please people don't ignore my post. I need your advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ngosoo: 11:06am On Jul 13, 2018
PPlease Gúrus in the house help a sister out, i need your urgent response as regards this issue.

When requesting for emergency papers to travel out of UK at the Nigerian High commission London, do they normally request for the Bio Data of your Next of Kin?
I suspect my sister is being used, her God mother whom i suspect is living in the UK illegally suddenly requested for her Bio data, and when i sort to know the lady (God mother) said she only used her details for next of kin.

I wrote the below message to her

(Sister, I intended to travel to the UK by September/ October this year. I should have told you earlier. But I wanted to take you by surprise, that was why, I didn't bother to inform you.
In case you are using my name for something else , please make sure it dose not affect me at the airport or any jurisdiction within the UK. It shouldn't be in anyway be on the system of immigration, or police because I haven't being the UK yet. Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation.)

Her responses
(Well about the info u have today, I only used in a form with Nigerian High commission London as my sister in Nigeria, not with UK govt. The Doc to travel which they gave me does not mention any of your details including name. The form was also submitted in hard copy and not online.
It's like a "mini passport" of limited value.
On that basis there4, u should be death with in your individual capacity based on evidence which u provide.)

Any truth here. Pls i need elightment,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:25am On Jul 13, 2018
buddiemm:
Good afternoon all. My name is ADEYEMI OLABODE, I have been to the UK before but I recently applied for a work visa which was refused. In my previous application I do write my wife's name as AKINYEMI DEBORAH. AKINYEMI is her maiden name and because that is the name on her current passport and the passport was issued before we got married. Though she has never applied to go to UK before. My question is this: We are expecting a baby by end of July and our baby's birth certificate will show my wife's name as ADEYEMI DEBORAH and NOT AKINYEMI DEBORAH which is the name I have beem writting on my application as spouse name. I am planning to apply to visit the UK for 2 weeks alone im October and I will like to submit our child's birth certificate with my application. Won't it cause am issue for the ECO to see my wife's name as ADEYEMI DEBORAH as against AKINYEMI DEBORAH I have been writing before? I have a change of name document for her which was done through Nigerian Tribune in 2016 but I didn't submit it in my previous application. Should I go and do another change of name for her before the delivery of our baby? Please I need your responses. Thanks. PLEASE NOTE HER CURRENT PASSPORT WILL EXPIRE IN FEBRUARY 2019

Reading this is so confusing just keep it simple..

1.What is her name before marriage?

2. What is the name in marriage certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:28am On Jul 13, 2018
ofalu047:
Pls Treat as Urgent
Mods! Mods!! Mods!!!
I want to say thanks to the mods of this section, and everyother persons that have been proferring solutions to various problems posted here.

Pls, I submitted my Standard Visitor's visa on the 12th of June, 2018, and no the Decision box on my TLS page hasnt yet been ticked, neither have l recieved any email. Is there anybody who has experienced such long delays before and what can l do to speed things up?
Is there a need to worry about anything, prolly missing documents?
Pls pardon my questions, l am just a lil bit distraught right now.

Thanks

This is common and many have experienced this before, you just have to wait.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2018
Oladipodamy:
Hello everyone. I wrote here the other time that I am going for my masters program in at New York film Academy in america by september which I already have my visa for that but I just want to use it as an avenue to visit London film school which I was advised to get an invitation letter from London film school. I contacted London film school but they said they will be on break by that time unless I want to come in October but I will be in America studying by that time.
I now contacted my friend which he contacted his uncle in uk and he gave me his British passport data page and invitation letter. Do you think I should use the persons documents or I should just use hotel reservation or I should forget it? Thank you bosssssss

Forget it because i don't know why your friend's uncle should be sending you such sensitive document even though you don't know each other.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2018
Me4wealth2018:
Hello guys

Thanks for all your contribution here. Is been very helpful. I have been issued 6months Visa and would be travelling this Friday.

I'm thinking of cancelling my hotel booking used in processing d visa. Will this affect me in any way and Wats the screening at d border like? Just curious cos is my first time of travelling to d UK. Don't want any issue

Thanks

If you are stopped and questioned at the POE why you cancelled your hotel chances are that you will be in the next available flight back to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2018
edmasta01:
Hello house,

I am filling the application form on behalf of my mum who is a housewife/homemaker.

Please what is the right selection to choose from this screenshot?

Is it Employed (and then select housewife?) or Self Employed (and then give occupation as housewife/homemaker)

Justwise, Ekpotek and everyone else, kindly help.

Unemployed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2018
Notes:
Thanks Justwise, ekpotek,Fcisca.and bigbus for your responses to my questions here starting from April 15. I did biometrics on the 19th,got my passport yesterday via courier with a 6 months visa. I appreciate all those who post on this thread.

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ngosoo:
PPlease Gúrus in the house help a sister out, i need your urgent response as regards this issue.

When requesting for emergency papers to travel out of UK at the Nigerian High commission London, do they normally request for the Bio Data of your Next of Kin?
I suspect my sister is being used, her God mother whom i suspect is living in the UK illegally suddenly requested for her Bio data, and when i sort to know the lady (God mother) said she only used her details for next of kin.

I wrote the below message to her

(Sister, I intended to travel to the UK by September/ October this year. I should have told you earlier. But I wanted to take you by surprise, that was why, I didn't bother to inform you.
In case you are using my name for something else , please make sure it dose not affect me at the airport or any jurisdiction within the UK. It shouldn't be in anyway be on the system of immigration, or police because I haven't being the UK yet. Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation.)

Her responses
(Well about the info u have today, I only used in a form with Nigerian High commission London as my sister in Nigeria, not with UK govt. The Doc to travel which they gave me does not mention any of your details including name. The form was also submitted in hard copy and not online.
It's like a "mini passport" of limited value.
On that basis there4, u should be death with in your individual capacity based on evidence which u provide.)

Any truth here. Pls i need elightment,

I can't find any info to support the request for data page of a relative in Nigeria regarding ETC application but i don't think your sister should worry about that but should keep details of all the conversations between her and the GOD mother just in case things get messy in future
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
agbedex:

Thanks for your response. Do you also agree that after stating that I was denied a visa in 2006, I should also state the incorrect age on the passport that I got the denial stamp? I can't remember the passport number.

The only way to proof your actually age is having a birth certificate or declaration of age document. You do not need to remember the passport number just supply as much information as you can remember. Yes you need to mention that you were misleaded about your age information as you had used an agent at that time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ngosoo: 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
justwise:

I can't find any info to support the request for data page of a relative in Nigeria regarding ETC application but i don't think your sister should worry about that but should keep details of all the conversations between her and the GOD mother just in case things get messy in future

@justwise, thank you very much for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
Notes:
Thanks Justwise, ekpotek,Fcisca.and bigbus for your responses to my questions here starting from April 15. I did biometrics on the 19th,got my passport yesterday via courier with a 6 months visa. I appreciate all those who post on this thread.

Congratulations!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
buddiemm:

Justwise, ekpotek and other gurus please respond. Thank you.

Please don't ignore my post. I really need your advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
luvhenry:

Baba i reapplied and see the nasty refusal I was given. They should even give me back the one i hv paid for b4

Sorry for the refusal. Your refusal has nothing to do with your finance. Me think that the ECO is worried about your social ties eg single, no friend or family in the UK, lack of travel history as a tourist. These are my takes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2018
justwise:

1) Her name before marriage is AKINYEMI DEBORAH and its the name on her current passport which I habe been writing on my application as spouse name.

2) My surname is ADEYEMI. My own name is ADEYEMI OLABODE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
justwise:

buddiemm:

1) Her name before marriage is AKINYEMI DEBORAH and its the name on her current passport which I habe been writing on my application as spouse name.

2) My surname is ADEYEMI. My own name is ADEYEMI OLABODE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oladipodamy: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
Forget it because i don't know why your friend's uncle should be sending you such sensitive document even though you don't know each other.[/quote]

thanks justwise. if I want to use an hotel, do I have to pay for the hotel or just reservation? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oladipodamy: 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
justwise:

Forget it because i don't know why your friend's uncle should be sending you such sensitive document even though you don't know each other.

Thanks justwise. If I am using hotel reservation, will I have to pay for the hotel or just the reservation? Please answer meeeee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
justwise:

The name on marriage certificate shows my name as ADEYEMI OLABODE While her name was written as AKINYEMI DEBORAH. But now that we are married her name supposed to be ADEYEMI DEBORAH. Her current passport was issued before we got married and it shows her name as AKINYEMI DEBORAH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
Oladipodamy:

Thanks justwise. If I am using hotel reservation, will I have to pay for the hotel or just the reservation? Please answer meeeee.

Check the hotel's policy regarding reservation before booking.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2018
buddiemm:

The name on marriage certificate shows my name as ADEYEMI OLABODE While her name was written as AKINYEMI DEBORAH. But now that we are married her name supposed to be ADEYEMI DEBORAH. Her current passport was issued before we got married and it shows her name as AKINYEMI DEBORAH

This is not actually difficult but your explanation makes it so.

Let me get this clear..is the name in marriage certificate now ADEYEMI DEBORAH? You are saying it 'supposed' to be as if a different name is written there.

If you are married now and the name written there is ADEYEMI DEBORAH and your own name is ADEYEMI OLABODE then there is no problem.

Present your marriage certificate and use the blank space in the form for additional info to clarify things...that she got that passport before you got married.

When that passport expires she will get another one that reflects the name in her marriage certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
buddiemm:

If I am permitted to jump in here.
It is permitted to have a maiden name. Has she done the court affidavit and news paper publication for change of name? If not, you need to do that. She can travel with the passport bearing her maiden name.It is no offence. However, just for the sake of clarity, explain the names in a cover letter. Please don't complicate the story like you did here. Simply say her maiden name is this and her present name is that but she still uses her passport bearing the maiden name.
Don't sweat it, it is no issue.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by health100: 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
Notes:

please , I want to confirm, you said You did your biometric on April 19th, 2018 ?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.