Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:56 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1545748 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mekaboy(m): 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2019
PLEASE everything is set but my challenge now is tax. As a business owner, you are expected to pay personal income tax.

Now what I intend to state on my application is that

I earn about 2,500,000 annually from my main business.

Like 600,000 from transport

700,000 from property rent

And another 600k from a side business.

This is totalling about 4,400,000 a year. Dividing this by 12 will be about 366,000 a month.

Now I will present property documents, transport documents etc.

Like I said I was in dubai in October last year and can provide details of flight accommodation etc.

However the guy I asked about tax clearance from the state internal revenue, said that if they would work out tax clearance for me based on the figure of about 366k month, then It will cost me up to 700k for the 3 years.

That's impossible for me to do, so he suggests I could just pay something as tax and I will be given receipt of what I paid for last year and not tax clearance. Because the tax clearance will contain details of how much and paid and for what income . But the ordinary receipt will only show that I paid something last year but won't contain details of my income.

So I am wondering if I should just throw in a receipt than going for clearance .

Company account has about 2m now while personal account has about 1.8m. The budget for the trip is 600,000.

PLEASE advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Killingmesoftly: 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
TonyyS:

okay, that is; Details (some documents) to prove he owns the company, Tax return of the company (previous year), then his last 6 months personal and Business bank statements. he then specifys that he will be sponsoring me with his personal bank statement.
am I correct?

Confirmed!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jyyes: 1:06am On Mar 22, 2019
mekaboy:
PLEASE everything is set but my challenge now is tax. As a business owner, you are expected to pay personal income tax.

This is totalling about 4,400,000 a year. Dividing this by 12 will be about 366,000 a month.

Like I said I was in dubai in October last year and can provide details of flight accommodation etc.

However the guy I asked about tax clearance from the state internal revenue, said that if they would work out tax clearance for me based on the figure of about 366k month, then It will cost me up to 700k for the 3 years.

That's impossible for me to do, so he suggests I could just pay something as tax and I will be given receipt of what I paid for last year and not tax clearance. Because the tax clearance will contain details of how much and paid and for what income . But the ordinary receipt will only show that I paid something last year but won't contain details of my income.

So I am wondering if I should just throw in a receipt than going for clearance .

Company account has about 2m now while personal account has about 1.8m. The budget for the trip is 600,000.

PLEASE advice.

What state are you in? I think you should tell that guy that you need a personal tax card from the state revenue office. Usually Lagos has its own personal tax card and it’s valid for 5 years or so. The card is a proof that you’re a tax payer and the good thing is that it doesn’t state how much you paid., the embassy will only verify the authenticity of the card from the issuer.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 6:38am On Mar 22, 2019
Look at you evading tax payment and after be complaining government didn't do this or that cheesy

Anyway don't waste money on the tax receipt cause the ECO won't know what it is and might put you in trouble for tax evasion.

Are your businesses registered? If well calculated, you shouldn't pay more than 500k in a year. You need an account to help you in that area. Not all of your earnings are taxed and you might get some exemptions too.

mekaboy:

PLEASE advice.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 6:44am On Mar 22, 2019
6 months payslip is required and a letter to show that the cost of travel as covered by funds in his or her bank balance is unencumbered (that is it is not tied to any pending debt he or she needs to clear but rather it is available solely for your travel).

shegooba34:
hello room,
i need your help
hoping to attend a conference in the UK to discus my reseach project work i did during my Masters program. i have received letter of invitation from the organisers and also a letter of introduction from the univeristy. am currently unemployed but by besty cuson as agreed to sponsor all expences for the trip.

pls, what and what does he need to present to the uk vsa offfice.

Note.
i told him he will need to prepare a cover letter, mont bank statement, 3 month payslip, photocopy of i.d card or passpot information page.

pls, i will need your help fully, dont want to miss it at all

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2019
petetherock:
please i need help, i have posted this before but didn't get the response needed. I was denied UK visitor visa in 2013 under 320 7a because of a family photograph(parents and siblings) with a different background and it was seen as altered and deception was implored which was not the case because i had no idea that such a photograph will raise any dust. I was single then. Moving forward 6 years later am married to a Doctor and i have a son who is a U.S citizen. my wife is about to apply for Tier 2 to work as a Doctor in the UK and my son and i are her dependents. I was told that my previous visa denial under 320 7a will or might jeopardize the application Because denials under 320 7a is automatic ground for ban under 320 7b since it involves deception. I don't know how true this is , i was not given a ban, i was single then. As a family man whose circumstances has greatly improved with a wife and son and she is the principal applicant, i would like an expert opinion about this so we don't make any mistakes. we are almost there. Somebody please help !!!!

That is true and your ban will kick in when you apply for visa again.

You can still apply and be completely honest and apologetic about it, hopefully you be forgiven.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Keke123: 10:13am On Mar 22, 2019
Hello house, hope we are good. I want to apply for a visitors visa to UK. Am currently working with the state government with a pay of less dan 50k monthly. Am married with two kids. Hubby has his own personal company. My questions - Do I need to present anything related to my job. Since my Elder brother will be the one sponsoring me with my twin sister abroad. 2. Do I still need to present my statement of account. 3. What are the documents my sponsors need to present. 4. Can my twin sister abroad be my sole sponsor without posing any problem. 5. General advise on how to apply without being refused with little or no salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mekaboy(m): 10:38am On Mar 22, 2019
Jyyes:

What state are you in? I think you should tell that guy that you need a personal tax card from the state revenue office. Usually Lagos has its own personal tax card and it’s valid for 5 years or so. The card is a proof that you’re a tax payer and the good thing is that it doesn’t state how much you paid., the embassy will only verify the authenticity of the card from the issuer.
Thanks .My business is registered in Enugu and Anambra state, They don't have tax card there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mekaboy(m): 10:41am On Mar 22, 2019
bigtt76:
Look at you evading tax payment and after be complaining government didn't do this or that cheesy

Anyway don't waste money on the tax receipt cause the ECO won't know what it is and might put you in trouble for tax evasion.

Are your businesses registered? If well calculated, you shouldn't pay more than 500k in a year. You need an account to help you in that area. Not all of your earnings are taxed and you might get some exemptions too.

My brother, when you spend close to 600,000 on a truck with will take over 10 days to get a container from the port to a warehouse in Lagos , because of bad road in apapa, you have paid tax to the government.

Because on a normal day it would not cost more than 150k and a day.

That's enough tax.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gforce2019: 1:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
Folks,
I spotted mistake in the form I filled. And I have submitted it. Hope there's room for correction of mistake at the venue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mekaboy(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
PLEASE has anybody been denied visa and the embassy stated in the refusal that it was because he or she did not include his tax clearance?

Because I was talking to my property lawyer about tax clearance and he said it's not business of the embassy whether you pay tax or not. And they have no right to deny an application over tax.

I am just confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mayo47(m): 2:04pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hello,

I've been a follower here. I just got my visa. My budget is about 2.6x of my monthly disposable income and 2x of my monthly salary plus i had a couple of deposits which were made in January (I clarified this in my cover letter). I guess a key success factor was my disclosure and travel history (Been to UK 3 times in the past). Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
Killingmesoftly:

Confirmed!

wow! seems to be complicated and much documents needed if using a sponsor who runs a company.

how about using a sponsor who is a freelance artist (film producer) in the UK. doesn't recieve payslips. but can show bank statements?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
mayo47:
Hello,

I've been a follower here. I just got my visa. My budget is about 2.6x of my monthly disposable income and 2x of my monthly salary plus i had a couple of deposits which were made in January (I clarified this in my cover letter). I guess a key success factor was my disclosure and travel history (Been to UK 3 times in the past). Thanks

Congratulations!

when did you submit?
which centre?
What type of visa?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy

mekaboy:

My brother, when you spend close to 600,000 on a truck with will take over 10 days to get a container from the port to a warehouse in Lagos , because of bad road in apapa, you have paid tax to the government.

Because on a normal day it would not cost more than 150k and a day.

That's enough tax.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mayo47(m): 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
Desore:

Congratulations!

when did you submit?
which centre?
What type of visa?

Thanks

Feb 28
V.I
6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lynniebabes(f): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
Please where do I get the tax card?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Killingmesoftly: 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
TonyyS:

wow! seems to be complicated and much documents needed if using a sponsor who runs a company.

how about using a sponsor who is a freelance artist (film producer) in the UK. doesn't recieve payslips. but can show bank statements?

Please choose y sponsor wisely. Not any how person can be a sponsor.

[what are the documents that a sponsor use for uk immigration - Google Search] is good,have a look at it! https://www.google.com/search?q=what+are+the+documents+that+a+sponsor+use+for+uk+immigration&client=ucweb-b&channel=sb
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Seynex01: 8:30am On Mar 23, 2019
Good morning my gurus in the house.... I need to know if an opening balance of 380k for savings acct and 120k for salary's account will fly for a UK visiting visa. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by moyinwed: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2019
VISA Granted
I got my visa yesterday, submitted 28th Feb. I av learned from everyone who has posted here btw January and February 27, 2019
Submitted 4 bank statements; two of which had zero balance (submitted just to reflect some transactions btw my accounts). Total sum in d other 2 was 1.1m
Plus there was a mistake on my payslip from accts dpt: payslip net had 10k difference from my salary - realised on the morning so i had to just use it.
My budget 2.4*my monthly Sal.
Travel history: 2014 - Chevening Sponsored Masters (left UK with 4mths on my visa), 2015- Was in Paris for a weekend with a 3mths Visa, 2017 -Liberia (work related trip 12days).
Lump Sum: Had a deposit of 300k from mum in January and 200k on 4th February. Note I wasnt even considering travelling to the UK at these times, started feeling the need to travel from 9th February.
So in all thanks to God and u all here.
I plan to apply for my fiancee after our wedding (first weekend in May) - when she has a passport with my lastname, be her sponsor and act as tho i would be her link here in Nigeria. So i am very open to advise on dis.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Keke123: 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
Hello house, please I want to know if it’s possible for my Twin sister which is a US citizen abroad sponsor me for a UK visiting visa. Tanks a lot pls I need a reply from d gurus ASAP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2019
moyinwed:
VISA Granted
I got my visa yesterday, submitted 28th Feb. I av learned from everyone who has posted here btw January and February 27, 2019
Submitted 4 bank statements; two of which had zero balance (submitted just to reflect some transactions btw my accounts). Total sum in d other 2 was 1.1m
Plus there was a mistake on my payslip from accts dpt: payslip net had 10k difference from my salary - realised on the morning so i had to just use it.
My budget 2.4*my monthly Sal.
Travel history: 2014 - Chevening Sponsored Masters (left UK with 4mths on my visa), 2015- Was in Paris for a weekend with a 3mths Visa, 2017 -Liberia (work related trip 12days).
Lump Sum: Had a deposit of 300k from mum in January and 200k on 4th February. Note I wasnt even considering travelling to the UK at these times, started feeling the need to travel from 9th February.
So in all thanks to God and u all here.
I plan to apply for my fiancee after our wedding (first weekend in May) - when she has a passport with my lastname, be her sponsor and act as tho i would be her link here in Nigeria. So i am very open to advise on dis.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2019
Keke123:
Hello house, please I want to know if it’s possible for my Twin sister which is a US citizen abroad sponsor me for a UK visiting visa. Tanks a lot pls I need a reply from d gurus ASAP.

It will be almost impossible to get a visa if you can't proof that you have a strong tie to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Keke123: 5:14pm On Mar 23, 2019
justwise:

It will be almost impossible to get a visa if you can't proof that you have a strong tie to Nigeria

Am married with two kids pls can it fly or get another possible way before starting out d application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2019
Keke123:

Am married with two kids pls can it fly or get another possible way before starting out d application.

Can you afford the trip without your sis sponsoring you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Keke123: 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2019
justwise:

Can you afford the trip without your sis sponsoring you?

Yes with my personal savings account but the money is always coming from hubby. My issue I work with a state government with a pay of less than 50k per month and d salary account is being paid into a micro finance bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
Hello House,

Wify's Travel History - Dubai, Ghana & Kenya. Has a valid 3 months Turkey Visa.
Daughter - Dubai, Ghana & Kenya. Has a valid US Visa
Wify's Salary - 250K monthly
Sponsor - Myself (Hubby) and Her brother who's a UK citizen

Wify doesn't have a tax ID. Pls can she go about this amd what documents does the brother need to send to backup
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2019
Keke123:

Yes with my personal savings account but the money is always coming from hubby. My issue I work with a state government with a pay of less than 50k per month and d salary account is being paid into a micro finance bank.

I doubt that will fly, but you can still give it a go and see how it pans out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tswise: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2019
Hello Helpers,

My wife, daughter and I were issued 6 months visit visa last year which was used appropriately . The application was supported by letter of invitation from my brother who is a UK citizen.

I gussed that my brother is not willing to give us invite this year because he has refused to pick my calls or respond after informing him of my intention to apply for with all my family.

Is it proper to apply without his invite this year? I have the financial capacity to book hotel.

Please advise me on how to handle this case.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.