Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,458 members, 7,850,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1544855 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Otababo: 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2019
Hello gurus. I have been following this tread for month now. I intend to apply for a visit visa in a few weeks. I’m been invited over by boyfriend who is going to be my sponsor. I work and I have a company that’s been in existence since 2013. I was expecting a contract last month so I did tax clearance even though the job is yet to come through. My salary is 80k but I have a savings of 340k. The other issue I need help with is that I’m separated for 4yrs so my passport bears my ex husbands name whereas my account and every other documents have been reverted to maiden name, will this be a problem? If my boyfriend wanted to send an invite should he put my maiden name or the one on the passport?
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mayo47(m): 2:04am On Mar 24, 2019
Please can cancelling a hotel reservation be an issue at the point of entry into UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 2:15am On Mar 24, 2019
Otababo:
Hello gurus. I have been following this tread for month now. I intend to apply for a visit visa in a few weeks. I’m been invited over by boyfriend who is going to be my sponsor. I work and I have a company that’s been in existence since 2013. I was expecting a contract last month so I did tax clearance even though the job is yet to come through. My salary is 80k but I have a savings of 340k. The other issue I need help with is that I’m separated for 4yrs so my passport bears my ex husbands name whereas my account and every other documents have been reverted to maiden name, will this be a problem? If my boyfriend wanted to send an invite should he put my maiden name or the one on the passport?
Thank you

Firstly, Use the name on your passport. Then do a change of name affidavit that you have changed your previous name to the new name. The name of your passport must be the same as the name in your visa application.

1. Your boyfriend should write a letter of invitation stating where he is working, address and most importantly that he would sponsor you for all expenses, accommodation, flight ticket, feeding and living expenses. He should state the amount he will provide. He should also write about your relationship and how he met you. He should include documents that he will use to support your application i.e bank statement, work payslips, proof of address e.g council tax, utility bills, sponsorship form e.t.c . He should fill out the first page of the below sponsorship form:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/751681/sponsorship-form.pdf

Your boyfriend should provide minimum of four months bank statement with considerable amount of money. He should show genuine documents and proof of his income. Ascertain if your boyfriend claims or documents are genuine. If it isn't, then you wont be given visa

2. You should write a cover letter. Introduce yourself, where you work and your purpose of visit; i.e to visit your boyfreind as you miss him. State your plans of visit and places you intend to go. Exclusively state that your boyfreind will sponsor you with (the amount your boyfreind declared to sponsor you). Then state how you will spend this money. e.g cost of return flight 500 pounds from Lagos to London Heathrow and vice versa, cost of travel, visit, sight viewing and miscellaneous e.t.c . The amount calculated should be equal to what your boyfreind said he will give you. State that you will include your passport, affidavit, employment letter, CAC, Educational certificates, property documents (if you have) or other stuffs you have. You must show proof, so dont put what you cannot proof.

3. You should also provide your minimum of three month bank statements if you receive money from your employer or you transact business and your bank statement reflects all these. This will greatly help your application. However, if your bank statements does not reflect or proof your employment or work financial transactions as stated in your application,(e.g monthly salary money, wages payment e.t.c) then it is better not to include your bank statement as it shows one is lying and one visa will be rejected. Hence, since your sponsor has stated he will sponsor you, only use your sponsor bank statement as it has worked for many people.

4. You should give a relationship letter to show if you and your sponsor are really in a relationship. Proof that he is your boyfreind. Things like photos of both of you, bank transactions showing he gave you money or you gave him money, hotel reservations for both of you, whatsapp communication message, facebook messages and many more

5. Write explicitly that you will come back to Nigeria after your visit and proof it to them. Valid proof should be your Verification letter from employer stating that you will come back to work after permission of holiday is granted. Other proof is that you own a valuable land property. You can also state that you have children in Nigeria that it is impossible you leave them. Proof that by showing your picture with children and birth certificate.

Do the above and do not lie and claim what you are not. If you and your boyfreind dont have proof of any documents, your boyfreind and you should not declare it in the application. You must have proof of what you claim. Follow the above routine and visitor visa is certainly yours.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 2:20am On Mar 24, 2019
mayo47:
Please can cancelling a hotel reservation be an issue at the point of entry into UK
No. If they ask, give them valid reason why you cancelled it perhaps the location or you find somewhere better that suits your needs.

However, you should do another hotel reservation that do not charge money. Sometimes, they will ask you where you plan to go. If you dont have anybody or did not declare you know anybody in your visa application, tell them that you will go to the hotel you reserved.

If they ask you and you dont proof to them you have a place to stay, you might be deported.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 2:26am On Mar 24, 2019
What form of sponsorship are you looking up to your twin sister for? This is very important and aside that, she's not based in the UK so how would the UK authorities verify her sponsorship.

If you have enough bank savings or financial investments (TBills or money market funds) it might be easier but again your monthly salary is way too low as a tie to your coming back.

May be you should mention as part of your travel reasons, family reunion with your twin visiting UK subject to your being granted a visa.... She doesn't need a UK visa since she's a US citizen.

All the best.

Keke123:

Yes with my personal savings account but the money is always coming from hubby. My issue I work with a state government with a pay of less than 50k per month and d salary account is being paid into a micro finance bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:28am On Mar 24, 2019
mayo47:

Definitely.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mayo47(m): 8:39am On Mar 24, 2019
DMainMan:

No. If they ask, give them valid reason why you cancelled it perhaps the location or you find somewhere better that suits your needs.

However, you should do another hotel reservation that do not charge money. Sometimes, they will ask you where you plan to go. If you dont have anybody or did not declare you know anybody in your visa application, tell them that you will go to the hotel you reserved.

If they ask you and you dont proof to them you have a place to stay, you might be deported.

My earlier hotel reservation has a free cancellation till April 11. I am due to travel April 13 but will arrive April 14. I have now changed my to another hotel which has a free cancellation till April 14. Does this mean i cancel on or before April 14 or just before April 14.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2019
mayo47:

Yes... the best advice check for good cancellations policies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tolani4real: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2019
mekaboy:
PLEASE everything is set but my challenge now is tax. As a business owner, you are expected to pay personal income tax.

Now what I intend to state on my application is that

I earn about 2,500,000 annually from my main business.

Like 600,000 from transport

700,000 from property rent

And another 600k from a side business.

This is totalling about 4,400,000 a year. Dividing this by 12 will be about 366,000 a month.

Now I will present property documents, transport documents etc.

Like I said I was in dubai in October last year and can provide details of flight accommodation etc.

However the guy I asked about tax clearance from the state internal revenue, said that if they would work out tax clearance for me based on the figure of about 366k month, then It will cost me up to 700k for the 3 years.

That's impossible for me to do, so he suggests I could just pay something as tax and I will be given receipt of what I paid for last year and not tax clearance. Because the tax clearance will contain details of how much and paid and for what income . But the ordinary receipt will only show that I paid something last year but won't contain details of my income.

So I am wondering if I should just throw in a receipt than going for clearance .

Company account has about 2m now while personal account has about 1.8m. The budget for the trip is 600,000.

PLEASE advice.

Not showing tax clearance is not going to stop them to approve your visa if you qualify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tolani4real: 9:22am On Mar 24, 2019
Keke123:
Hello house, hope we are good. I want to apply for a visitors visa to UK. Am currently working with the state government with a pay of less dan 50k monthly. Am married with two kids. Hubby has his own personal company. My questions - Do I need to present anything related to my job. Since my Elder brother will be the one sponsoring me with my twin sister abroad. 2. Do I still need to present my statement of account. 3. What are the documents my sponsors need to present. 4. Can my twin sister abroad be my sole sponsor without posing any problem. 5. General advise on how to apply without being refused with little or no salary.
Your employment letter together with your salary account will help your application. You can also attached your hubby bank statement with a letter from your hubby that will go along way than that of brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gforce2019: 9:58am On Mar 24, 2019
Hi folks,
Pls help.
I spotted some mistake in the form I filled . And I have submitted it. My interview is 2nd week of April,
Pls is it possible to correct the mistake after submission or I should cancel my application and call for refund.
Pls I need your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 12:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
Madam, why not go and get a new passport?
Otababo:
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 24, 2019
ozymes:
Madam, why not go and get a new passport?
You think getting a new passport is easy when you still have a valid passport. People and their yeye advise sha.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
mayo47:

My earlier hotel reservation has a free cancellation till April 11. I am due to travel April 13 but will arrive April 14. I have now changed my to another hotel which has a free cancellation till April 14. Does this mean i cancel on or before April 14 or just before April 14.

If you cancel before you reach the UK, you could be deported.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iyanya100: 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2019
DMainMan:

Firstly, Use the name on your passport. Then do a change of name affidavit that you have changed your previous name to the new name. The name of your passport must be the same as the name in your visa application.

1. Your boyfriend should write a letter of invitation stating where he is working, address and most importantly that he would sponsor you for all expenses, accommodation, flight ticket, feeding and living expenses. He should state the amount he will provide. He should also write about your relationship and how he met you. He should include documents that he will use to support your application i.e bank statement, work payslips, proof of address e.g council tax, utility bills, sponsorship form e.t.c . He should fill out the first page of the below sponsorship form:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/751681/sponsorship-form.pdf

Your boyfriend should provide minimum of four months bank statement with considerable amount of money. He should show genuine documents and proof of his income. Ascertain if your boyfriend claims or documents are genuine. If it isn't, then you wont be given visa

2. You should write a cover letter. Introduce yourself, where you work and your purpose of visit; i.e to visit your boyfreind as you miss him. State your plans of visit and places you intend to go. Exclusively state that your boyfreind will sponsor you with (the amount your boyfreind declared to sponsor you). Then state how you will spend this money. e.g cost of return flight 500 pounds from Lagos to London Heathrow and vice versa, cost of travel, visit, sight viewing and miscellaneous e.t.c . The amount calculated should be equal to what your boyfreind said he will give you. State that you will include your passport, affidavit, employment letter, CAC, Educational certificates, property documents (if you have) or other stuffs you have. You must show proof, so dont put what you cannot proof.

3. You should also provide your minimum of three month bank statements if you receive money from your employer or you transact business and your bank statement reflects all these. This will greatly help your application. However, if your bank statements does not reflect or proof your employment or work financial transactions as stated in your application,(e.g monthly salary money, wages payment e.t.c) then it is better not to include your bank statement as it shows one is lying and one visa will be rejected. Hence, since your sponsor has stated he will sponsor you, only use your sponsor bank statement as it has worked for many people.

4. You should give a relationship letter to show if you and your sponsor are really in a relationship. Proof that he is your boyfreind. Things like photos of both of you, bank transactions showing he gave you money or you gave him money, hotel reservations for both of you, whatsapp communication message, facebook messages and many more

5. Write explicitly that you will come back to Nigeria after your visit and proof it to them. Valid proof should be your Verification letter from employer stating that you will come back to work after permission of holiday is granted. Other proof is that you own a valuable land property. You can also state that you have children in Nigeria that it is impossible you leave them. Proof that by showing your picture with children and birth certificate.

Do the above and do not lie and claim what you are not. If you and your boyfreind dont have proof of any documents, your boyfreind and you should not declare it in the application. You must have proof of what you claim. Follow the above routine and visitor visa is certainly yours.
Thank you sir. I think I will adopt this method in my visa application.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Otababo: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2019
DMainMan:

Thank you DMainman��

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mekaboy(m): 1:30pm On Mar 24, 2019
tolani4real:

Not showing tax clearance is not going to stop them to approve your visa if you qualify.

Ok thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mayo47(m): 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
DMainMan:

If you cancel before you reach the UK, you could be deported.

I am thinking of reducing the duration on my new booking since there's a probability i might be charged.

Thinking of booking 4 days for the new hotel instead of 7 days (stated this in my visa application).

What do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
mayo47:

I am thinking of reducing the duration on my new booking since there's a probability i might be charged.

Thinking of booking 4 days for the new hotel instead of 7 days (stated this in my visa application).

What do you think?
Book 7 days as stated in your visa application. Do you want to be deported at the point of entry? When you get inside the UK, you can decide to cancel your hotel reservation and go to anywhere you wish to reside or do anything you wish to do. Choose a hotel that has free cancellation of two hours before lodging. There are some hotels that they reserve your stay and accept you to pay when you get there.

I have advised you. I wont repeat myself again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
Otababo:

Thank you DMainman��
You are welcome. Hopefully, it will be positive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2019
mayo47:

What do you think?

Please have a valid hotel bookings oh else you will be on the next flight to Nigeria. This happened to me last year October. I was at the port of entry. I booked 2days and on my landing card I wrote I'm staying for 10days. It was an issue to me but because I was a frequent traveler, I scaled through. I was put under investigation for booking 2nights and my return ticket was 10days. If you're a frequent traveler, you can do that at your own risk. Book the number of days on your return ticket and when you enter you can cancel it. The hotel might charge you before you enter sef because you duration days has started. I had to let 20K naira go to the hotel to enter but I enjoyed it sha. 20K naira or deported, which one will you choose ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Beehandz(m): 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
Beehandz:
Hello House,

[/b]Wify's Travel History - Dubai, Ghana & Kenya. Has a valid 3 months Turkey Visa.
Daughter - Dubai, Ghana & Kenya. Has a valid US Visa
Wify's Salary - 250K monthly
Sponsor - Myself (Hubby) and Her brother who's a UK citizen

Wify doesn't have a tax ID. Pls can she go about this amd what documents does the brother need to send to backup
[b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bosunyomi: 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
Go day all, pls I want know if payslip is very important in UK visa application or I shld just submit my salary account with cover note. My organization don't give payslip but its part of what was required.

Pls I seek experts opinion on this. Tx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2019
next time, don't let your visa run out before applying for a new one.
always reapply when you've still got one month left on your visa.

that way, you don't have anything to worry about as long as you submit proper documents.

i didn't put an invitation letter for my 2nd visa.
tswise:
Hello Helpers,

My wife, daughter and I were issued 6 months visit visa last year which was used appropriately . The application was supported by letter of invitation from my brother who is a UK citizen.

I gussed that my brother is not willing to give us invite this year because he has refused to pick my calls or respond after informing him of my intention to apply for with all my family.

Is it proper to apply without his invite this year? I have the financial capacity to book hotel.

Please advise me on how to handle this case.

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aliavalerie: 1:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hello Justwise

Please kindly help me out with these;

1)Please how do I include my application and that of my daughter so we can submit together as one application on TLS.

2) appointments for April are for premium service, so how do I apply for flexi without adding premium service to it as premium is on the high side.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by webhostbiz: 1:59pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hello house

I over stayed my 6 months UK business Visa which was issued in 2010 and I came back to naija in 2013 voluntarily with my passport. At the departure the UK immigration wrote a number inside my passport, the said passport has expired and I have collected another one which I have used to travel to Dubai. I want to apply to the UK embassy for visa, what is my chance of getting the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hello everyone... please can someone still do walk-in at the vfs center without appointment ... have tried to add Flexi to my applicayion and its saying it cannot be added at this time... please advise pls .... or better still someone should please give me the direct TLS phone number

Thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by franklinoba: 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2019
Good day! my uncle sent me an invitation letter to UK, please in i want to know the requirements i need to use and back up the invitation also UK immigration site? thanks
FrontPageLawyer:
Welcome to Part 3. I perceive lots of success stories in this part.

Justwise. You're too much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seyola(m): 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hello gurus in the house.Please i am having difficulty in creating a profile on TLS website to enable me book an appointment.The menu to register is not showing up. what is the way out pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Damask: 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
Good evening everyone. Please, is it possible for an applicant to
1. Indicate in their (couple) application that they wish to take food items they will prepare at the hotel for their 7 days intended visit
2. Access only free Tourist attractions like the Museums
3. Do without shopping

Proposed budget:
Ticket - 500k
Transportation - £60
Feeding - £50
Hotel- £240
Shopping - 0
Miscellaneous - £50

Please, your positive response will be appreciated.

Total is about 700k for a Couple. Just avoiding going above their 2months salary

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.