Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,628 members, 7,851,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1545315 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lovesarrow: 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
Good evening @Justwise and everyone in the house, your kind input is required. I want to apply for a UK visit visa (6 months) for myself, my 11 month old baby and my husband. i work in financial institution with a monthly salary of N320k, Hubby works in a consulting firm with a N500k paycheck. We have both been denied US visa last year when we wanted to go and have our baby. We have a combined balance of 5m in our account and 1.7 in the baby's account, we don't own any landed assets. We have only ever been to Dubai. Hubby has an aunt who is a Uk resident, who is willing to accommodate us and another aunt here in Nigeria willing to sponsor our trip(we are supposed to apply for the UK visa together, since she wants to renew hers). We can actually sponsor our trip to the UK but we don't want to risk another rejection. His aunt has an business account with a turnover of about 150 million and a personal account of about 10m. My questions are as follows
1. Do I apply independently of my hubby and he serves as my ties to Nigeria?
2. How do we go about applying with my husband's aunt as a family?
4. Do we stand a better chance applying by ourselves or as a family?
3. Is it wise to drop this as the budget we intend to use?
4. Please any other advice will be greatly appreciated

Proposed budget:
Ticket - N516013 on Qatar
Feeding - N150k
Transportation - N34K
Miscellaneous/Sightseeing - N48K
Shopping - N51k
Total- N800k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lovesarrow: 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
the visit is an 8 day visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 3:24am On Mar 26, 2019
dgoodrich101:
Hello Gurus In the House Thank you for the great Job.

I applied for 10days visiting visa to UK for tourism with my daughter and was denied visa I really dont understand and will appreciate if gurus in the house can help out on the what next to do

"You state that you are employed by XYZ company as a senior marketing officer earning a monthly income of N221,220 (471.222 Oanda exchange rate £1 = 469.062NGN) and that you have no other income or saving I. support of this, you have submitted letter in regards to your employment,payslips and bank statementsYou also state you intend to spend £1000 and that you spent N47850 £102.02) on a monthly living. Giving this I note the amount you intend to spend on your visit to the UK is approximately 3 times your monthly disposable income. Therefore I am not satisfied that your current financial circumstances are proportional to the financial outlay for your proposed visit.

@justwise your advise on the right step to take will be really appreciated I have a closing saving account of N1.8M the bank account serve as both my salary and saving account. And their is no large sum i have traveller out to France with my daughter for Holiday before last year, also I think where I made mistake was when asked do I have any other investment or saving I chooced No but when I submitted I submitted my Real Estate C of O and also my Zenith bank shares.and I actually budgeted £1000 for the trip because I will be paying for both the hotel and ticket from the amount.please help can I apply again or just let them be.
This is a minor issue, this decision can be countered and then make a fresh application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:29am On Mar 26, 2019
Lovesarrow:
the visit is an 8 day visit

Kindly Self sponsor the trip between Hubby and you, apply as a family - hubby, you and baby only, let hubby’s aunt in the UK invite you guys, you can push your budget up some bit still if you will (transport, miscellaneous and shopping), your income and available resources can accommodate such methinks, dependent on your monthly spend and disposable income though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:56am On Mar 26, 2019
Lovesarrow:
Good evening @Justwise and everyone in the house, your kind input is required. I want to apply for a UK visit visa (6 months) for myself, my 11 month old baby and my husband. i work in financial institution with a monthly salary of N320k, Hubby works in a consulting firm with a N500k paycheck. We have both been denied US visa last year when we wanted to go and have our baby. We have a combined balance of 5m in our account and 1.7 in the baby's account, we don't own any landed assets. We have only ever been to Dubai. Hubby has an aunt who is a Uk resident, who is willing to accommodate us and another aunt here in Nigeria willing to sponsor our trip(we are supposed to apply for the UK visa together, since she wants to renew hers). We can actually sponsor our trip to the UK but we don't want to risk another rejection. His aunt has an business account with a turnover of about 150 million and a personal account of about 10m. My questions are as follows

Proposed budget:
Feeding - N150k
Transportation - N34K
Shopping - N51k
Total- N800k

1. Apply as a family..yourself, husband and baby

2. Your husband's aunt should apply separately no need to apply with you people

3. Yes apply by yourself

4. Yes your budget is reasonable and within your salary.

Avoid using your husband's aunt as a sponsor your combined salary is good enough for a family holiday.

Get an invitation letter, evidence of accommodation and data page of passport from your husband's aunt living in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:59am On Mar 26, 2019
Damask:
Good evening everyone. Please, is it possible for an applicant to
1. Indicate in their (couple) application that they wish to take food items they will prepare at the hotel for their 7 days intended visit
2. Access only free Tourist attractions like the Museums
3. Do without shopping

Proposed budget:
Ticket - 500k
Transportation - £60
Feeding - £50
Hotel- £240
Shopping - 0
Miscellaneous - £50

Please, your positive response will be appreciated.

Total is about 700k for a Couple. Just avoiding going above their 2months salary

1. You don't need to indicate that.

2.yes

3. Shopping is not part of visa requirements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:02am On Mar 26, 2019
seyola:
Hello gurus in the house.Please i am having difficulty in creating a profile on TLS website to enable me book an appointment.The menu to register is not showing up. what is the way out pls?

You book an appointment during the visa application process, I don't think you book an appointment on TLS website.

I also think that registration option in TLS website has been removed.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:03am On Mar 26, 2019
webhostbiz:
Hello house

I over stayed my 6 months UK business Visa which was issued in 2010 and I came back to naija in 2013 voluntarily with my passport. At the departure the UK immigration wrote a number inside my passport, the said passport has expired and I have collected another one which I have used to travel to Dubai. I want to apply to the UK embassy for visa, what is my chance of getting the visa?

Very very slim.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pharuk: 11:25am On Mar 26, 2019
webhostbiz:
Hello house

I over stayed my 6 months UK business Visa which was issued in 2010 and I came back to naija in 2013 voluntarily with my passport. At the departure the UK immigration wrote a number inside my passport, the said passport has expired and I have collected another one which I have used to travel to Dubai. I want to apply to the UK embassy for visa, what is my chance of getting the visa?

To be honest, very very slim
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lovesarrow: 11:57am On Mar 26, 2019
Thanks @justwise and @omobendel24. I forgot to mention that said joint account Monies and the baby’s money is in mutual funds in Stanbic bank. Will this pose a problem?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Princess080: 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Hello house pls what is my chances of getting a UK visa for tourist with me and three children all below 10years, and i have only being to Dubai and South Africa. Going for a week trip with d children.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by prettysussie: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
Good day house, I just want to clarify if it is okay to submit only 3 months bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sulaimonsheu(m): 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2019
Good day the gurus in the house, I salute u guys, pls I apply for UK visitor visa, today is the 12th day and the embassy have not make any enquiry, just wanna ask is it a must that before the can grant visas the embassy need to make enquiries, Thanx.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2019
sometimes they have to make enquiry. and that's a good sign.
Sulaimonsheu:
Good day the gurus in the house, I salute u guys, pls I apply for UK visitor visa, today is the 12th day and the embassy have not make any enquiry, just wanna ask is it a must that before the can grant visas the embassy need to make enquiries, Thanx.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
good chance if you have proper documents.
Princess080:
Hello house pls what is my chances of getting a UK visa for tourist with me and three children all below 10years, and i have only being to Dubai and South Africa. Going for a week trip with d children.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2019
yes you can submit 3 months bank statement only if you can provide a strong reason why you couldn't provide up to 6 months statement and this may slim your chances of getting the visa.

for me, its not advisable unless your travel is an urgent one, if not, kindly wait for another 6 months
prettysussie:
Good day house, I just want to clarify if it is okay to submit only 3 months bank statement.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tekecoms1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
Please my UK visa expired 2017. I need to know the process to renew my UK visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
The same way you did it the last time
Tekecoms1:
Please my UK visa expired 2017. I need to know the process to renew my UK visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dgoodrich101: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
@menakay Goodday and appreciate your comment any advice on how to go about it , I mean how can the decision be countered.

Your advice will be appreciated.

Menakay:

This is a minor issue, this decision can be countered and then make a fresh application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DMainMan: 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2019
prettysussie:

If it reflects everything you said in your application i.e monthly transactions, salary, payment e.t.c. You can try. Someone I know personally related to me used four month bank statements and got visitor visa.

There is no sense in using six month bank statements if part of it does not reflect what you said in your application. That is the major cause of visitor visa rejection.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lovesarrow: 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
[/b]
Lovesarrow:
Good evening @Justwise and everyone in the house, your kind input is required. I want to apply for a UK visit visa (6 months) for myself, my 11 month old baby and my husband. i work in financial institution with a monthly salary of N320k, Hubby works in a consulting firm with a N500k paycheck. We have both been denied US visa last year when we wanted to go and have our baby. [b]We have a combined balance of 5m in our account and 1.7 in the baby's account
, we don't own any landed assets. We have only ever been to Dubai. Hubby has an aunt who is a Uk resident, who is willing to accommodate us and another aunt here in Nigeria willing to sponsor our trip(we are supposed to apply for the UK visa together, since she wants to renew hers). We can actually sponsor our trip to the UK but we don't want to risk another rejection. His aunt has an business account with a turnover of about 150 million and a personal account of about 10m. My questions are as follows

Proposed budget:
Feeding - N150k
Transportation - N34K
Shopping - N51k
Total- N800k
Guys please the money is in our mutual funds money market account, hope this won't be an issue.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
Lovesarrow:
[b][/b]
Guys please the money is in our mutual funds money market account, hope this won't be an issue.

Which of the money? The 5M or the 1.7M?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ephbe(m): 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
Hello travel gurus

Please I need help

I applied for Settlement visa in the UK as my wife currently has indefinite leave to remain in the UK

I want to do pay for priority visa service (Settlement) but this option was not available throughout the course of the application. I have paid for IHS and VISA application fees but I couldnt find the section for priority service. I have booked my appointment with TLScontact but am confused as to when and how to make payment for Priority Visa Processing for Settlement.

Is it at the point of appointment with TLS I pay for this service? The TLSContact website does not have "register or apply" where I can do this as well

Someone help pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Damask: 11:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
justwise:

1. You don't need to indicate that.

2.yes

3. Shopping is not part of visa requirements

Thank you for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:59am On Mar 27, 2019
ephbe:
Hello travel gurus

Please I need help

I applied for Settlement visa in the UK as my wife currently has indefinite leave to remain in the UK

I want to do pay for priority visa service (Settlement) but this option was not available throughout the course of the application. I have paid for IHS and VISA application fees but I couldnt find the section for priority service. I have booked my appointment with TLScontact but am confused as to when and how to make payment for Priority Visa Processing for Settlement.

Is it at the point of appointment with TLS I pay for this service? The TLSContact website does not have "register or apply" where I can do this as well

Someone help pls

Look for a link called Added Value Services then scroll down to priority visa for settlement , after buying you will be sent a receipt which you need to carry along to appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lovesarrow: 7:37am On Mar 27, 2019
justwise:

Both sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lovesarrow: 7:41am On Mar 27, 2019
justwise:

Although by months end we should have our exact salaries in our accounts. Please guys i need a response urgently so i can apply today. The trip is supposed to be an easter trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ephbe(m): 9:05am On Mar 27, 2019
justwise:

Look for a link called Added Value Services then scroll down to priority visa for settlement , after buying you will be sent a receipt which you need to carry along to appointment.

Thanks for this
However, when I click, it doesnt bring out an option of paying, it only explains details of the service in question.
Remember that TLScontact website dont have a login page anymore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ilovetraveling: 10:51am On Mar 27, 2019
Good people of nairaland, Please I have a question.

I was a student in uk . I was doing my ACCA in london. My plan was to do MBA after ACCA. I came home for summer holiday in August 2014 after my acca, and i got a job in Nigeria.

September 2014,I sent a mail to my school to defer my admission for MBA because i got a job in nigeria, and they deferred it and also informed the home office that i am no longer a student.

The school advised I leave the country within 7 to 14 days, and I told them I left the country in August before i even deferred my admission. please note i left uk august and i deferred my admission September, so I was not in UK when I got that mail. I also got a curtailment mail from UK Home office.

The issue now is that I am applying for a canadian visa, and i was asked if i been ordered to leave a country?

Do you i tick yes or no

I will appreciate if someone can be of help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 11:34am On Mar 27, 2019
Hi Gurus in the house. Thanks for the advice giving to me the last time I asked some questions, I have to work on myself and now I think I am ready to apply for a UK visa now, Previously on my old passport I have over stayed my south Africa visa and I registered my company(Enterprise)and I have been building my account and paying tax to ogun state government, but my firm was registered in Benin city, I decided to pay the tax in Ogun state because I could not afford to pay the required tax in Benin ,because it was too high, and i registered this firm 2016 and pay the tax and registered this company for the purpose of traveling to Europe with ease, and I spent 9 months in Kenya in 2017.
I was advice on this forum that I will be refused visa cus of my over stay south Africa and also spending so much time in Kenya when I have a firm here in Nigeria, I have to let my old passport expire and I have renewed it…All the while I was in South Africa and Kenya, I was on study leave
I’m work with a federal government organization in Benin and I’m a junior staff that earn less than 40k per month and I have been working with the government for 9 years now, I have resume duty for a year now and I have pay slips and my salary is reflecting on my salary account .I’m married with a 2 years old and my firm has up to 5 million naira as of today and I make use of my salary immediately it comes in.

My problem now is that how will I be able to convince the C.O that I own a company in Ogun state and work in Benin City
There is a column in the form that asked about previous passport, I do not want to submit my old passport with my application because of the over stay stamp and visa
Can I take photocopies of the Kenya visa along; I did not over stay in Kenya because my visa was extended for the 9 months duration
And less I forget, I was refused a student visa in February 2009 and I also appealed and lost.

Please guys I really need to succeed this time and please I need all the advice I can get please and if I stand a chance to get a tourist visa if I apply, Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2019
from my understanding
you have to say NO.

I believe they mean if you've been deported or removed from a country due to issues.
ilovetraveling:
Good people of nairaland, Please I have a question.

I was a student in uk . I was doing my ACCA in london. My plan was to do MBA after ACCA. I came home for summer holiday in August 2014 after my acca, and i got a job in Nigeria.

September 2014,I sent a mail to my school to defer my admission for MBA because i got a job in nigeria, and they deferred it and also informed the home office that i am no longer a student.

The school advised I leave the country within 7 to 14 days, and I told them I left the country in August before i even deferred my admission. please note i left uk august and i deferred my admission September, so I was not in UK when I got that mail. I also got a curtailment mail from UK Home office.

The issue now is that I am applying for a canadian visa, and i was asked if i been ordered to leave a country?

Do you i tick yes or no

I will appreciate if someone can be of help

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.