Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1546532 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 1:04pm On Mar 27, 2019
Please house is appointment booking at TLS NOT free again? somebody please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2019
I will advice to the best of my knowledge. I hope Justwise addresses this too.

I will be stating Positives and Negatives.

Negative
1. Acquiring a new passport doesn't overwrite the fact that you've previously overstayed in a country and as far as I know, you need to mention this in your application to avoid ban(I hear say if you lie, you get ban)
2. The stated salary is very poor( if that's the pay slip you'd be presenting)
3. Did you lie about your overstay or old passport when you applied for the student visa?

POSITIVES
1.If you can provide your company licence +
2. If you can provide tax papers and proof of day to day transactions +
3. If you can provide a company account statement+
4. Provide a bank statement which states how much you pay yourself monthly from the company (Should be better money)
5. Provide strong invitation letter( there should be a strong reason why you need to visit UK other than Holiday) (if you have anyone who works in public sector .EG a doctor,lawyer,police,military, or a clergy) or you can find a conference that's related to what your company does or get a strong invite for a business meeting.
6. Your salary certificate should state how much you earn, reason for travelling and when you joined the company
7.Add other things that can solidify your ties with Naija.

please add more.

shanga:
Hi Gurus in the house. Thanks for the advice giving to me the last time I asked some questions, I have to work on myself and now I think I am ready to apply for a UK visa now, Previously on my old passport I have over stayed my south Africa visa and I registered my company(Enterprise)and I have been building my account and paying tax to ogun state government, but my firm was registered in Benin city, I decided to pay the tax in Ogun state because I could not afford to pay the required tax in Benin ,because it was too high, and i registered this firm 2016 and pay the tax and registered this company for the purpose of traveling to Europe with ease, and I spent 9 months in Kenya in 2017.
I was advice on this forum that I will be refused visa cus of my over stay south Africa and also spending so much time in Kenya when I have a firm here in Nigeria, I have to let my old passport expire and I have renewed it…All the while I was in South Africa and Kenya, I was on study leave
I’m work with a federal government organization in Benin and I’m a junior staff that earn less than 40k per month and I have been working with the government for 9 years now, I have resume duty for a year now and I have pay slips and my salary is reflecting on my salary account .I’m married with a 2 years old and my firm has up to 5 million naira as of today and I make use of my salary immediately it comes in.

My problem now is that how will I be able to convince the C.O that I own a company in Ogun state and work in Benin City
There is a column in the form that asked about previous passport, I do not want to submit my old passport with my application because of the over stay stamp and visa
Can I take photocopies of the Kenya visa along; I did not over stay in Kenya because my visa was extended for the 9 months duration
And less I forget, I was refused a student visa in February 2009 and I also appealed and lost.

Please guys I really need to succeed this time and please I need all the advice I can get please and if I stand a chance to get a tourist visa if I apply, Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtt76(f): 1:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
You should have sent them a proof that you've left the country when you did by either scanning and showing them your stamped in passport to Nigeria. As it is now, the school may have sent a letter to the Home office notifying them of your abandonment from study or deferment of studies in addition to having 'advised' you to leave the country but you know naaa .....the school can't enforce your leaving the country so they will hand over that task to the Home office hence their issuing you a letter of curtailment.

Did you respond back to that letter to let them know you left on your own free-will? Very important as it might prevent you entering the UK in the future.

On the Canadian forms, you will have to enter YES (because of the letter of curtailment issued you) and try to explain the circumstances under which it was issued. Don't forget these countries communicate when it comes to issuance of Visas. The letter issued you by the school advising you to leave within 7-14 days is officially your notice of removal from the UK and must have been filed with the Home office..

ilovetraveling:
Good people of nairaland, Please I have a question.

I was a student in uk . I was doing my ACCA in london. My plan was to do MBA after ACCA. I came home for summer holiday in August 2014 after my acca, and i got a job in Nigeria.

September 2014,I sent a mail to my school to defer my admission for MBA because i got a job in nigeria, and they deferred it and also informed the home office that i am no longer a student.

The school advised I leave the country within 7 to 14 days, and I told them I left the country in August before i even deferred my admission. please note i left uk august and i deferred my admission September, so I was not in UK when I got that mail. I also got a curtailment mail from UK Home office.

The issue now is that I am applying for a canadian visa, and i was asked if i been ordered to leave a country?

Do you i tick yes or no

I will appreciate if someone can be of help

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ephbe(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2019
ephbe:

Thanks for this
However, when I click, it doesnt bring out an option of paying, it only explains details of the service in question.
Remember that TLScontact website dont have a login page anymore.

Does anyone have an idea how else priority service fee can be paid.

I cant logon to tlscontact page. No login option

Do they have an email I can email

Kindly assist with info if u have one pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2019
ilovetraveling:
Good people of nairaland, Please I have a question.

I was a student in uk . I was doing my ACCA in london. My plan was to do MBA after ACCA. I came home for summer holiday in August 2014 after my acca, and i got a job in Nigeria.

September 2014,I sent a mail to my school to defer my admission for MBA because i got a job in nigeria, and they deferred it and also informed the home office that i am no longer a student.

The school advised I leave the country within 7 to 14 days, and I told them I left the country in August before i even deferred my admission. please note i left uk august and i deferred my admission September, so I was not in UK when I got that mail. I also got a curtailment mail from UK Home office.

The issue now is that I am applying for a canadian visa, and i was asked if i been ordered to leave a country?

Do you i tick yes or no

I will appreciate if someone can be of help

The answer is No because you informed the school and left before your visa expires, the HomeOffice did not order you to leave the country neither it was your idea to discontinue and left the country

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2019
Lovesarrow:

Although by months end we should have our exact salaries in our accounts

Not an issue but you still need to submit those accounts plus your salary accounts
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2019
ephbe:

Thanks for this
However, when I click, it doesnt bring out an option of paying, it only explains details of the service in question.
Remember that TLScontact website dont have a login page anymore.

Contact them because it seems they made some changes, maybe you can now pay cash during the appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ephbe(m): 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
justwise:

Contact them because it seems they made some changes, maybe you can now pay cash during the appointment

God bless you sir

However, I dnt have any contact details for them
Email and Phone number

Anyone with this pleasè help

God bless us all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
shanga:
Hi Gurus in the house. Thanks for the advice giving to me the last time I asked some questions, I have to work on myself and now I think I am ready to apply for a UK visa now, Previously on my old passport I have over stayed my south Africa visa and I registered my company(Enterprise)and I have been building my account and paying tax to ogun state government, but my firm was registered in Benin city, I decided to pay the tax in Ogun state because I could not afford to pay the required tax in Benin ,because it was too high, and i registered this firm 2016 and pay the tax and registered this company for the purpose of traveling to Europe with ease, and I spent 9 months in Kenya in 2017.
I was advice on this forum that I will be refused visa cus of my over stay south Africa and also spending so much time in Kenya when I have a firm here in Nigeria, I have to let my old passport expire and I have renewed it…All the while I was in South Africa and Kenya, I was on study leave
I’m work with a federal government organization in Benin and I’m a junior staff that earn less than 40k per month and I have been working with the government for 9 years now, I have resume duty for a year now and I have pay slips and my salary is reflecting on my salary account .I’m married with a 2 years old and my firm has up to 5 million naira as of today and I make use of my salary immediately it comes in.

My problem now is that how will I be able to convince the C.O that I own a company in Ogun state and work in Benin City
There is a column in the form that asked about previous passport, I do not want to submit my old passport with my application because of the over stay stamp and visa
Can I take photocopies of the Kenya visa along; I did not over stay in Kenya because my visa was extended for the 9 months duration
And less I forget, I was refused a student visa in February 2009 and I also appealed and lost.

Please guys I really need to succeed this time and please I need all the advice I can get please and if I stand a chance to get a tourist visa if I apply, Thanks

Simple question; what on earth would bring you back to Nigeria if issued this visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2019
Thanks for your advice @eduson
I have not over stay when i applied for the student visa in 2009 and I thought I do not need to pay myself a salary as sole business owner, I know the government salary is very poor, but I’m thinking it will help my application, but I can stick as a business owner only if the salary I earn with the government will complicate it

eduson33:
I will advice to the best of my knowledge. I hope Justwise addresses this too.

I will be stating Positives and Negatives.

Negative
1. Acquiring a new passport doesn't overwrite the fact that you've previously overstayed in a country and as far as I know, you need to mention this in your application to avoid ban(I hear say if you lie, you get ban)
2. The stated salary is very poor( if that's the pay slip you'd be presenting)
3. Did you lie about your overstay or old passport when you applied for the student visa?

POSITIVES
1.If you can provide your company licence +
2. If you can provide tax papers and proof of day to day transactions +
3. If you can provide a company account statement+
4. Provide a bank statement which states how much you pay yourself monthly from the company (Should be better money)
5. Provide strong invitation letter( there should be a strong reason why you need to visit UK other than Holiday) (if you have anyone who works in public sector .EG a doctor,lawyer,police,military, or a clergy) or you can find a conference that's related to what your company does or get a strong invite for a business meeting.
6. Your salary certificate should state how much you earn, reason for travelling and when you joined the company
7.Add other things that can solidify your ties with Naija.

please add more.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2019
As a business owner, you need to put yourself on salary. *correct me if i'm wrong*

shanga:
Thanks for your advice @eduson
I have not over stay when i applied for the student visa in 2009 and I thought I do not need to pay myself a salary as sole business owner, I know the government salary is very poor, but I’m thinking it will help my application, but I can stick as a business owner only if the salary I earn with the government will complicate it

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 2:19pm On Mar 27, 2019
@ OmoBendel24, abeg no kill me with laugh. I have a wife and a baby here and we’re expecting another in few month time and I was able to raise millions from my side hustling here in Nigeria, well I must be sincere the aim is to get the visa first.

OmoBendel24:

Simple question; what on earth would bring you back to Nigeria if issued this visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2019
Thanks sir,please i'm a learner and that's why i need advice ,I do not pay myself salary,you meant i should pay myself salary every month?

eduson33:
As a business owner, you need to put yourself on salary. *correct me if i'm wrong*

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2019
im not the best to advice on this.(i don't know what type of business this is)

but to the best of my knowledge,
you need to pay yourself.
and your business account should show that you are paying other employee as well.(unless its a self employed type of business)
by so doing, it will make the business appear well structured and not a one mans thing that you can wake up one day and close it all up.

all they want to know is that you will leave UK after your visit.

shanga:
Thanks sir,please i'm a learner and that's why i need advice ,I do not pay myself salary,you meant i should pay myself salary every month?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2019
hosey:

You think getting a new passport is easy when you still have a valid passport. People and their yeye advise sha.

@hosey, thank you for the bolded
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 27, 2019
ozymes:

@hosey, thank you for the bolded
sorry if i offended u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2019
eduson33:

Yes you are

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2019
ephbe:

God bless you sir

However, I dnt have any contact details for them
Email and Phone number

Anyone with this pleasè help

God bless us all

priorityservices-region1@tlscontact.com ......specifying your GWF reference number, name and surname, and the location where you are submitting your visa application for further guidance on the alternative payment mode.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eduson33(m): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2019
@SHANGA justwise says this is wrong.
please ask him for proper information.
justwise:

Yes you are
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hailings bruv.thanks a million
@justwise please I would like you to go through my initial comment and advise please,I took your advice a year ago and I have worked on myself as advised thanks

eduson33:
@SHANGA justwise says this is wrong.
please ask him for proper information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2019
shanga:

1.What is your purpose of visiting the UK

2. Why are you paying tax to ogun state government rather than Benin city where your company is registered?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2019
justwise:

1.What is your purpose of visiting the UK

2. Why are you paying tax to ogun state government rather than Benin city where your company is registered?

Thanks for writing back sir,I want to go visit a cousin and he is a British citizen,I paid the tax in Ogun State because I can afford 3 years tax ,compare to the amount Benin is requesting I pay and I have a letter from the Ogun State tax office that I have moved my business to Ogun....that is part of my fear now,cus I wanted to use my government work as home tile,but it’s In Benin.please I don’t want to fail,I need all the advices I can get thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2019
shanga:

Thanks for writing back sir,I want to go visit a cousin and he is a British citizen,I paid the tax in Ogun State because I can afford 3 years tax ,compare to the amount Benin is requesting I pay and I have a letter from the Ogun State tax office that I have moved my business to Ogun....that is part of my fear now,cus I wanted to use my government work as home tile,but it’s In Benin.please I don’t want to fail,I need all the advices I can get thanks

I will be surprised if you are given a visa on that salary as a married man with kids.

You are a potential immigrant because the chances of you coming back if given a visa is slim.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2019
I guess the best bet is to stick on my business alone and ignore that I work with the government ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
I guess the best bet is to stick on my business alone and ignore that I work with the government ?

justwise:

I will be surprised if you are given a visa on that salary as a married man with kids.

You are a potential immigrant because the chances of you coming back if given a visa is slim.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2019
eduson33:

You are 100% wrong Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=oluayebenz post=77046939]

You are 100% wrong Sir[/quot

Please I need advice on what to do sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ephbe(m): 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
justwise:

priorityservices-region1@tlscontact.com ......specifying your GWF reference number, name and surname, and the location where you are submitting your visa application for further guidance on the alternative payment mode.

God bless you from all corners
I have sent them an email

Awaiting a response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 12:29am On Mar 28, 2019
@Justwise, Omobendel, seyewest.

Please, Visa4UK or GOV.UK which is the appropriate/advisable site for visitors visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 28, 2019
guys please I want to apply for a UK visa with my SA study permit here in UK, how do I go about it please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluayebenz: 8:55am On Mar 28, 2019
ozymes:
@Justwise, Omobendel, seyewest.

Please, Visa4UK or GOV.UK which is the appropriate/advisable site for visitors visa application?

GOV.UK

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by heiphe: 9:05am On Mar 28, 2019
ephbe:

you have to log into your account on uk site, there should be a link that would link u to tls site, I think all applications from march 6 has to go with the new upgrades.

Does anyone have an idea how else priority service fee can be paid.

I cant logon to tlscontact page. No login option

Do they have an email I can email

Kindly assist with info if u have one pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.