Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526437 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
Amen...Thank you guys. Though I applied with my daughter which we are bearing different surname, cos i haven't married her daddy legally yet. But I got consent letter from her daddy, Could that be the reason why they delay our application.
It's not enough reason to have your application delayed this long. Whatever the reason for denial would be spelled out in the refusal letter that's if you are denied. We can't be sure what the decision would be, however this is totally strange. I think u should pester TLS because UKVI would have been sure that your parcel has been dispatched before sending an email notifying you about the despatch. I'm sorry for saying this, I suspect something fishy with TLS. My experience with VAC Lekki on my Irish Visa application was not palatable when my daughter's birth certificate was lost in transit. And it was eventually used against me as one of the reasons for my denial- stating that I didn't submit my daughter's original birth cert. Hmmmm, I took it up with VAC and embassy and I was eventually asked to appeal even though I was reluctant because I didn't intend to visit anymore due to limited time. And I was granted in less than 2 days after I submitted the appeal. I think u need to pester the TLS...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 6:41pm On Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone
Can someone please help out. I've been trying to upload my documents on the edossier app. I discovered that after uploading a number of documents the uploads disappear before I finish the upload and submit. This has made me to have to re-upload all over again, it has happened twice now. My submission date is on the 24th and there's a notice to ensure all documents are uploaded 24 hours before. Has anyone else experienced this disappearing uploads and how can I resolve it please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
inphoenix:
Hello everyone
Can someone please help out. I've been trying to upload my documents on the edossier app. I discovered that after uploading a number of documents the uploads disappear before I finish the upload and submit. This has made me to have to re-upload all over again, it has happened twice now. My submission date is on the 24th and there's a notice to ensure all documents are uploaded 24 hours before. Has anyone else experienced this disappearing uploads and how can I resolve it please?

maybe u should try to use a PC for that. might be from ur mobile. when did u apply?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 10:26pm On Apr 20, 2019
inphoenix:
Hello everyone
Please don't submit if all your documents are not uploaded. Are you using a PC or a mobile phone?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 7:47am On Apr 21, 2019
Infiosa:

It's not enough reason to have your application delayed this long. Whatever the reason for denial would be spelled out in the refusal letter that's if you are denied. We can't be sure what the decision would be, however this is totally strange. I think u should pester TLS because UKVI would have been sure that your parcel has been dispatched before sending an email notifying you about the despatch. I'm sorry for saying this, I suspect something fishy with TLS. My experience with VAC Lekki on my Irish Visa application was not palatable when my daughter's birth certificate was lost in transit. And it was eventually used against me as one of the reasons for my denial- stating that I didn't submit my daughter's original birth cert. Hmmmm, I took it up with VAC and embassy and I was eventually asked to appeal even though I was reluctant because I didn't intend to visit anymore due to limited time. And I was granted in less than 2 days after I submitted the appeal. I think u need to pester the TLS...
I thought the same way too that our passports are with TLS, because if there's any issue on our application UKVS would have notified us by saying our application isn't straight forward or something. Seriously, I thought that's how UK do their stuff because this is my first time of applying. I want to call UKVS first before i know the steps to take on it. I'm worried and unhappy cos i don't know what's in there,even my daughter have been asking me mummy aren't we going to UK again. Anyway, thank you so much for contribution and advice. I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 8:14am On Apr 21, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
I thought the same way too that our passports are with TLS, because if there's any issue on our application UKVS would have notified us by saying our application isn't straight forward or something. Seriously, I thought that's how UK do their stuff because this is my first time of applying. I want to call UKVS first before i know the steps to take on it. I'm worried and unhappy cos i don't know what's in there,even my daughter have been asking me mummy aren't we going to UK again. Anyway, thank you so much for contribution and advice. I really appreciate.
Eyah, I understand exactly how it feels with children. My children would have done the same too. Just as Justwise has advised, you have to keep pestering TLS till an update is provided. I saw some people creating scenes when I went for collection. All the Visa application centres are Indian companies, so what difference does it make ? They are not any better as it still feels pretty much as if it's being operated by Nigerian companies. You might need the same approach by creating a bit of scene, best of luck. Please tell the little one to take it easy. She will definitely go to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 9:02am On Apr 21, 2019
I submitted my application online and made payment on the 11th of April. Created a TLS account same day but I wasn't able to get a sooner free date, the closest was 24th April and its a premium lounge appointment. I've been trying to upload my documents since downloading the app but it's deleted my documents twice now. I'll try to do it on my laptop as suggested. Thank you

TonyyS:

maybe u should try to use a PC for that. might be from ur mobile. when did u apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 9:04am On Apr 21, 2019
Using my mobile phone. I have been advised to use a computer. I will surely be careful to upload all documents before clicking submit. Thank you

Infiosa:

Please don't submit if all your documents are not uploaded. Are you using a PC or a mobile phone?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 9:14am On Apr 21, 2019
I also made payment on 11th april and kept seeing premium lounge appointment. However I just checked one day later and found space for 17th april.. i booked immediately no premium lounge.
went and submitted my documents. only downside to it was the queue, the process took 3 long hours . asides from that all went well.
use a laptop. if u can scan clearly with ur mobile phone and transfer in pdf format to ur laptop. so that when u login with ur laptop u will just choose the files from ur computer storage to upload. pls make sure ur copies are clear enough and neat as there won't be any other things used for ur decision than the documents u upload urself since u re doing *self*. all the best
inphoenix:

I submitted my application online and made payment on the 11th of April. Created a TLS account same day but I wasn't able to get a sooner free date, the closest was 24th April and its a premium lounge appointment. I've been trying to upload my documents since downloading the app but it's deleted my documents twice now. I'll try to do it on my laptop as suggested. Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 21, 2019
inphoenix:

yea. will work fine with PC as ur mobile ram may not be capable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 21, 2019
has anyone relying solely on the sponsor gotten a visa with just sponsors bank statements (with regular transacts) and no payslips submitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MrsDaniels(f): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
Pls dont try it ooh.....My sis inlaw is submitting her third application now due to her not submitting her nigerian salary account showing her salary deposits with her application despite her work letters and leave certificat....now second refusal is dt she didnt submit the proof of how some funds got in her account when its infact her salary that was deposited in few days to her submission at VAC as she printed her bank statement on the morning of her submission. If she knew she wud ve done dt 1week bfr her submission to avoid it. Make sure u submit all ur bank statements n payslips including ur sponsors own too with ur applicatn else u wud be refused. So avoid it.

TonyyS:
has anyone relying solely on the sponsor gotten a visa with just sponsors bank statements (with regular transacts) and no payslips submitted.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 3:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
TonyyS:
It depends on how your approach. In all our Visa applications, my wife has always been a dependant and she has never submitted any financial evidence to support our applications. It has always been my Pay slips, statements of account -salary account only and evidence of my employment. However, it's always stated that she is a stay at home mom. It has never for once been raised as an issue even when we were denied Irish visas and later granted after the appeal. I will say that each application is treated with their uniqueness. Within the context of my experience with UK visit Visa, good and genuine documentation is the answer to Visa being granted. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Heritagee: 8:15am On Apr 22, 2019
drchic:
Thank you @heritage for your response. My COS has expired in March that's why I need the funds.
The tenancy agreement I have currently states that I have one room only in a shared apartment. Was yours written this way?
The expired CoS doesn't have anything to do with your dependants' application. The CoS must be used by the candidate before that date which you've used. Mine also expired in October and my family joined me this year.

About shared apartment, my tenancy agreement also showed a room in a 5-bed shared house.

NB: You can request for a maintenance letter from your employer though if they are willing to give you. This will further give you rest of mind but if they dont, your CoS with marked "Y" for maintenance is enough financial evidence
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drchic(f): 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
Heritagee:

The expired CoS doesn't have anything to do with your dependants' application. The CoS must be used by the candidate before that date which you've used. Mine also expired in October and my family joined me this year.

About shared apartment, my tenancy agreement also showed a room in a 5-bed shared house.

NB: You can request for a maintenance letter from your employer though if they are willing to give you. This will further give you rest of mind but if they dont, your CoS with marked "Y" for maintenance is enough financial evidence

Thank you so much for responding. Just to be really clear, are you saying that your family applied for a tier 2 dependent visa with your COS which expired in October and you did not include pay slips or bank account balance? I'm sorry if I keep asking but you know in this type of thing no stone can be left unturned. Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ronvlaar: 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hello guys, I need to ask few questions please.
I'm trying to bring my mom to visit the UK in July for few weeks, shes retired (6years now).
What documents would she need to put together?
And for myself, what documents would I need to put together?
I'll be glad if anyone with adequate info would gladly help out.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 10:29am On Apr 23, 2019
Infiosa:

Eyah, I understand exactly how it feels with children. My children would have done the same too. Just as Justwise has advised, you have to keep pestering TLS till an update is provided. I saw some people creating scenes when I went for collection. All the Visa application centres are Indian companies, so what difference does it make ? They are not any better as it still feels pretty much as if it's being operated by Nigerian companies. You might need the same approach by creating a bit of scene, best of luck. Please tell the little one to take it easy. She will definitely go to the UK.
Good morning to my wonderful people, pls I tried to call UKVI and i was told that my debit card has been declined. So they can't attend to me. What do you think i should do is it the UKVI i should call or TLS office? Cos i can't think straight now. I'm so worried.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Heritagee: 11:46am On Apr 23, 2019
drchic:

Thank you so much for responding. Just to be really clear, are you saying that your family applied for a tier 2 dependent visa with your COS which expired in October and you did not include pay slips or bank account balance? I'm sorry if I keep asking but you know in this type of thing no stone can be left unturned. Thanks so much.
Yes! I only used the CoS and maintenance letter from my employer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 11:56am On Apr 23, 2019
Omosholape80:
I called them and was charged £1.37 per minutes
pls, did you used your naira account to call them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
Vickydicky:

I have contact the UKVI through and they said the decision has been made already but they said they will send an email to the headquarter to investigate and will contact me back through email.I just know if this has happened before or probably they misplaced the passport don't even know what to think.please advice
pls, how did you contacted? Cos i called them and I was told that my debit card has been declined. So i was unable to speak with them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
Dear Justwise and co

Please I want to know if the person inviting me can scan the invitation letter as well as all the other documents like her passport, tenancy agreement, utility bill, payslips and bank statement and sent to me my email for me to download

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Belovedolu: 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2019
Please, how do I classify a petty trader under employment status?
Self-employed or unemployed

As a petty trader who just goes to her shop to whirl away time not necessarily for income, how do I answer "How much do you earn in a year?"

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ezybaba(m): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2019
Please I need the UK official site to start processing for my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
Yes

NanaOne1:
Dear Justwise and co

Please I want to know if the person inviting me can scan the invitation letter as well as all the other documents like her passport, tenancy agreement, utility bill, payslips and bank statement and sent to me my email for me to download

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giselle237: 8:38am On Apr 24, 2019
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa

ezybaba:
Please I need the UK official site to start processing for my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ribabu(f): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2019
Good morning, pls which immigration lawyer did you use. Thanks
Cutiestalex:
If you have been refused unjustly and you think the eco wasn't fair enough.. I advise u don't reapply.. Just go for judicial review.. You have no right to appeal or administrative review but a good immigration lawyer can work magic. I got mine overturned today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 11:00am On Apr 24, 2019
Good morning wonderful people on this platform. Your contributions will be highly appreciated. I applied with wiffy for visa renewal at Ikeja VAC on April 5th 2019( Walk in).Up till date no single email from either UKVI or VAC about the application; not even the generic mails.Tracking through the TLS site shows application received at the DMC....Today makes 11th working days excluding holidays.Is it normal not to receive email from them atleast the one saying your application has been sent or received or in progress or something........this is somehow to me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emadamysy: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2019
Please how do i logon to my page on TLS contact. I chose self service and need to upload my documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
Yommieyomi:
Good morning wonderful people on this platform. Your contributions will be highly appreciated. I applied with wiffy for visa renewal at Ikeja VAC on April 5th 2019( Walk in).Up till date no single email from either UKVI or VAC about the application; not even the generic mails.Tracking through the TLS site shows application received at the DMC....Today makes 11th working days excluding holidays.Is it normal not to receive email from them atleast the one saying your application has been sent or received or in progress or something........this is somehow to me

A lot has changed with their processing. I only got TLS email stating that my application has been forwarded to UKVI on day application submission, no single mail received afterwards until the dispatched email from the UKVI on the 17th day of application submission. No need for panicking, u should be expecting dispatched mail from the UKVI. Check your application status on your profile with TLScontact site, at least to be sure that your application has been sent to UKVI. Best of luck bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 1:18pm On Apr 24, 2019
Thank you for your kind response.
Fingers cross.
Infiosa:

A lot has changed with their processing. I only got TLS email stating that my application has been forwarded to UKVI on day application submission, no single mail received afterwards until the dispatched email from the UKVI on the 17th day of application submission. No need for panicking, u should be expecting dispatched mail from the UKVI. Best of luck bro.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by khar: 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hi Justwise
Please I need your advice on this:
My niece is about applying for a visit visa and has been invited by her mum who lives in the UK with a residence permit since 2008. Her mum just had an eye surgery and can barely see with both eyes. The doctor has written a letter to back the invitation letter written by her mum before the surgery, that they want her to be around to help her mum around during the recovery period of about a month. Even d MP representing her district wrote a letter as well.
Now, the issue is, she’s a student and just finished her exams to get into her final year. She doesn’t have any savings, but her mum is taking care of the whole trip, air ticket & taxi from the airport inclusive. As a matter of fact, we wanna do the super priority service (24 hours) & walk in submission.
Please, I need your candid advice on how to go about this. It’s so much money involved, so it’s only right to get it right.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by integrity9(m): 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
@justwise,
You're the most consistent & valuable contributor on this thread. I appreciate you & DmainMan who has gone under for a while now. I need your counsel.
I'm 56 years & hold a Master's degree in English & Literary Studies & currently work as a part-time parish pastor of a prominent Pentecostal church. I worked over 20 years across Security, Sales & Marketing sub-sectors before God called. My wife works with FGN on a salary of about #100,000 per month. My income come mainly from honorariums & goodwill from my public speaking as my pastoral services are voluntary & without pecuniary remuneration. This could average over #3m per annum. I have a landed property in my country home with 4 kids – 3 in the university & 1 currently writing SSCE. I have another half brother responsibility in the university as well.
I can’t remember the exact details now but in 2002 I was refused a visa for false entry in my document (Refusal attached herwith).
My wife’s childhood friend lives in London. They lost contact until a couple of years ago that they reunited. Since then we’ve become very close family friends. She’s been offering to sponsor & host us for a week or two in the U.K, but we didn’t really want to be involved in the visa palaver again. However, this year we agreed to take her up on the offer this summer, August to be exact. Because of a project my wife is handling officially & also reduce cost we agreed I could travel alone this time & the next year she could go
Now I’d love to know the challenges we are likely to face and if prospect is low so I don’t waste time & energy

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.