Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535365 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by integrity9(m): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
justwise:

Try as much as possible to avoid that, it will raise suspicions about the whole intention of the trip.

Suspicious to consular officer or who? How will they know she won't travel immediately? Just wondering that if chances are beter applying as a couple, why not. My concern is when I'm back & she'll be ready by next year, will it count against her that she didn't use the first visa & is applying for a new one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 7:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
86TG:
I know this has been dealt with, I have checked but Im yet to see it , I’m applying for a tourist visa for a family of 4 , 2adults , 2kids, do we all apply separately and do we need multiple accounts or just one account to apply , how do we get appointments on the same day. Thank you
As for the all applications, u can use a single email account for all the applications. Different URL link will be sent to the email address once you are done with each application. You can use a single email address but different password for each application for differentiation. However , as for the appointment as a family, the question was raised sometime last week and it has been addressed. You can check my previous posts on this thread for an answer. Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
integrity9:

Suspicious to consular officer or who? How will they know she won't travel immediately? Just wondering that if chances are beter applying as a couple, why not. My concern is when I'm back & she'll be ready by next year, will it count against her that she didn't use the first visa & is applying for a new one?

At the point of entry, you are likely to be questioned by the immigration, why applying as a couple if only one of you will be using the visa?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
khar:

Thank you very much, I appreciate the quick response. Her mum has been her full sponsor.
She has her admission letter, ID card & her last result, I hope we’re good to go with that.
Once again, thank you.

Yea she can give it a go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2019
ezybaba:
sorry for disturbing u am currently running my MSc can I visit my cousin as a student not working with d savings 2million naira saving she is ready to sponsor for my accommodation and feeding

Ok then, you can apply and submit your school documents.. student card, admission letter, last results and a letter from your school allowing you to take the trip if it's outside holiday period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
shanga:
Please guys,I have unsused expired South Africa visa on my passport,will it affect my uk application ?

It will not as long as the visa is genuine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shanga(m): 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 1:33am On Apr 28, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

At the point of entry, you are likely to be questioned by the immigration, why applying as a couple if only one of you will be using the visa?

That questioning is expected and he should be prepared for a thorough and extensive interrogation and a reasonable answer should be provided. A colleague was seated for three hours at the point of entry for interrogation because he travelled without his wife as opposed what was in their application. And he was a first timer. It would definitely raise a suspicion as Justwise has advised. However if he is ready for the interrogation, he can go with his wishes. Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tolani4real: 4:14am On Apr 28, 2019
abuov:
I collected my passport today ,Visa granted.
Congrats!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cucumbar: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2019
tolani4real:

Congrats!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Good Day Everybody,

Please would be renewing my uk visa soon with a mid June intended date of travel. This would be my fifth renewal but would like to ask some questions, because each application must be treated carefully.

1. I would like to print a 4 months statement(just to show my salary) as opposed to 6 months, because of certain deposits prior, would it fly? I can sponsor myself as i have over 1m in the account and I am not spending up to 2 months of my disposable income. However, I am a director of the family business and that is the account I always use as the sponsors account, i would be printing 6 months of that one. Hope it is okay.

2. I heard that TB test should be included, pls how does the TB test work, can i get it from any hospital or only government approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cucumbar: 1:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
I want to apply for a tourist visa to the UK. I don’t know anyone there, so I will be lodging in a hotel. I am not married yet, work in a reputable firm, and I have enough funds to sponsor my trip.
What are my chances of getting a visa? Will they be asking for ties to Nigeria and all that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Hunnybee: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Good afternoon all, please I just booked flexi appointment for my family with TLS Ikeja, can we go in before the appointment date? Also will we be required to pay with card or cash? Gurus in the house, plz help. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 4:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
That answers your questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2019
You will go anytime on the date you have chosen.You will need your card to the transaction,no cash allowed.Best of luck.

ote author=Hunnybee post=77928920]Good afternoon all, please I just booked flexi appointment for my family with TLS Ikeja, can we go in before the appointment date? Also will we be required to pay with card or cash? Gurus in the house, plz help. Thank you[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Markraf: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello House, am plan on apply for UK visa next month but I have been refused this month already...... So am plan on apply again and backup my application with one or two years bank statement.. because I traveled with my family last year September which make me spent a lot of my money and before that same last year I but my second car which I was transfer 2 million from my account for that....... Pls I need your advice.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
chukyrooy:
Good Day Everybody,

Please would be renewing my uk visa soon with a mid June intended date of travel. This would be my fifth renewal but would like to ask some questions, because each application must be treated carefully.

1. I would like to print a 4 months statement(just to show my salary) as opposed to 6 months, because of certain deposits prior, would it fly? I can sponsor myself as i have over 1m in the account and I am not spending up to 2 months of my disposable income. However, I am a director of the family business and that is the account I always use as the sponsors account, i would be printing 6 months of that one. Hope it is okay.

2. I heard that TB test should be included, pls how does the TB test work, can i get it from any hospital or only government approved.

I have used 5 months bank statement in d past for applicant's sponsiring himself, I have also used 3 months statement to sponsor a parent who is retired and it went well, but i dont know if 4 months will go through for d applicant sponsoring himself.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2019
Menakay:

I have used 5 months bank statement in d past for applicant's sponsiring himself, I have also used 3 months statement to sponsor a parent who is retired and it went well, but i dont know if 4 months will go through for d applicant sponsoring himself.

when you sponsored ur parent with 3 months statements, did ur parent add their own bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2019
TonyyS:

when you sponsored ur parent with 3 months statements, did ur parent add their own bank statement?
No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Markraf:
Hello House, am plan on apply for UK visa next month but I have been refused this month already...... So am plan on apply again and backup my application with one or two years bank statement.. because I traveled with my family last year September which make me spent a lot of my money and before that same last year I but my second car which I was transfer 2 million from my account for that....... Pls I need your advice.
Based on the stated reasons for refusal, HOW MUCH MONEY would have been a reasonable opening balance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello justwise and all ...Can an account with a closing balance of 1.2m be used to apply for a tourist visa....Monthly salary of 180k? Married with 2 kids . ... Kindly give ur own opinion. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Markraf: 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2019
Opening blan from the starting month I printed out to submited, I can print two years for them to see that have been working with the conpamy for pass two years......

dilodavid:
Based on the stated reasons for refusal, HOW MUCH MONEY would have been a reasonable opening balance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
Menakay:

No.

hmm cool. how come it was accepted? was there any explanation or something similar?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Hunnybee: 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
Good evening. Please, are you saying your Sister was able to have her biometrics done without an appointment by paying for flexi?

ijeshaoflondon:

YOU HAVE NO CHOICE THAN TO PAY FOR PRIME /FLEXI ....same thing happened to my sister some weeks ago .. but I told her to go there on that same day and explained to them at tls... but to my surprise,they allowed her in but paid 42k. This is a useless country where nothing works perfectly...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
Pls guys just a quick one, made a little mistake on my name one letter was before the other and i have already booked an appointment. Can i accompany it with a note on my cover letter?

Thanks for all the good work guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
Good Evening House,
Please, how long does priority Visa application take? I received application transfer mail to UKVI @ 5.30pm on 23rd April 2019 after biometric in Abuja. No further update since then.

Cc: Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rossydinda: 1:13am On Apr 29, 2019
winneijay:
Good Evening everyone,

Thank you to all who actually take out time to response to all posts. Y'all are the real MVP.

Please I'm applying for a UK Visa for the first time and i will need everyone's assistance.

I work as a Cloud Solutions Lead/Manager for my organization. I've been working there for the past 4 years. I earn 320k as Gross but after deductions like Pension, Tax, HMO, Car Insurance etc, it comes down to 277k or so. Which amount should I specify in my Application form (322k or 277k).

I'm currently attending a Gartner Conference in London. The conference is fully sponsored by my Organization. My organization has paid for the conference (about 2,800 Euros). Gartner has sent to me an Invitation letter to use for my Visa application. I currently have all the below:

Letter of Invitation from Gartner
Receipt for Payment of Registration
Company Introduction letter stating that they trip will be fully sponsored
Pay Slip
Personal 6 Months Salary Account Statement and Savings Account Statement
I currently have about 80k balance in my current account but I have about 600k in my AXA MANSARD INVESTMENT ACCOUNT
Marriage Certificate
3 kids Birth Certificate
Family Pictures
Company's CAC
Consent letter from My husband
Hotel Booking
Employment Letter
Confirmation Letter
Company Letter of Loyalty.

Please see below my response to Questions on the Application form:

Who is paying towards the cost of your visit?
(Required)

My employer or company

How much money will they be paying towards your visit?
(Required)
Currency

Amount:2000 Pounds

Why are they helping to pay for your visit?They are helping to pay for my visit because i am attending a Gartner IT Infrastructure Operations and Cloud Strategy Conference on behalf of my organization.

Give details of the main purpose of your visit and anything else you plan to do on your trip: The main purpose of my visit is to attend the Gartner IT Infrastructure Operations and Cloud Strategy Conference and i will be using two days sight seeing and shopping. The Gartner conference is from 27th to 29th November, 2018.

Details of immigration problem in the other country
Give details of what happened
(Required)

An application for a visa was refused: Reason ; I was not given a Visa to attend a Microsoft Ignite Conference in Orlando Florida, United States.

Do you have another income or any savings?
Savings
How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)?
1200.00 GBP
Change
Your income and savings
How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK?
£2500.00
About the cost of your visit
What is the total amount of money you spend each month?
£550.00
About your financial situation
Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit?
Yes
Paying for your visit
Who is paying towards the cost of your visit?
My employer or company
How much money will they be paying towards your visit?
£2000.00

Please assist me with anything I might be missing as I do not want to be denied.

Thank you.

Hi! I'm applying a UK Visa,

I have a similar case like you. I am wonderinh, having the form filled as above, did you manage to get the visa?

I really confuse on the question "How much money are you planning to spend on your visit". Should I include all the cost of the entirw trip (Including cost that will be paid for by the sponsor), or only the amount that I will cover by myself personally.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fumisko(f): 1:28am On Apr 29, 2019
Good day, please I have a Canadian study permit I never used which I got this January. Would it stop me from getting a uk study visa? Because I got scholarship to study in a uk university pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rossydinda: 2:48am On Apr 29, 2019
Ribabu:
Good morning everyone. I just got my passport this morning and was denied visa again. I don’t know where am going wrong, please I need advise on how to go about it because I want to reapply next month. Attached is my refusal letter

I think you may need to include your personal bank statement (as proof of your saving), as well as a letter from your company, with an approval from the other directors, which state that the company will sponsor your trip.

But, I have also a question for you. It's not related to the case above, but I really need your answer as a benchmark when filling my visa application.

When filling the form, is the question about the visit cost was "What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)" or "How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to uk"?

as I am aware there are two type of form. Which form that you used?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 4:16am On Apr 29, 2019
chukyrooy:
Good Day Everybody,

I think TB is required for people who intend to stay above 6 months. Not for tourist. And it's always done at a pre approved medical center. In Nigeria, it's done at IOM in Lagos or Abuja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Markraf: 6:48am On Apr 29, 2019
I don't understand them too.

quote author=Markraf post=77937999]Opening blan from the starting month I printed out to submited, I can print two years for them to see that have been working with the conpamy for pass two years......

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 7:23am On Apr 29, 2019
Hunnybee:
Good evening. Please, are you saying your Sister was able to have her biometrics done without an appointment by paying for flexi?

She had to pay 42k for that ... just walk in and submit after paying 42k

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.