Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535502 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rennyvik: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2019
Infiosa:

A lot has changed with their processing. I only got TLS email stating that my application has been forwarded to UKVI on day application submission, no single mail received afterwards until the dispatched email from the UKVI on the 17th day of application submission. No need for panicking, u should be expecting dispatched mail from the UKVI. Check your application status on your profile with TLScontact site, at least to be sure that your application has been sent to UKVI. Best of luck bro.
Plz after getting the email from ukvi what else did u do?
Coz am confused, myself nd my parents applied for a UK visit visa on the 4th of April and by the 17th inch sent us an email that our document has been dispatched but till now we haven't heard from tls.
Plz help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rennyvik: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2019
Infiosa:

A lot has changed with their processing. I only got TLS email stating that my application has been forwarded to UKVI on day application submission, no single mail received afterwards until the dispatched email from the UKVI on the 17th day of application submission. No need for panicking, u should be expecting dispatched mail from the UKVI. Check your application status on your profile with TLScontact site, at least to be sure that your application has been sent to UKVI. Best of luck bro.
Coz am confused, myself nd my parents applied for a UK visit visa on the 4th of April and by the 17th ukvi sent us an email that our document has been dispatched but till now we haven't heard from tls.
Plz help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Apr 24, 2019
khar:
Hi Justwise
Please I need your advice on this:
My niece is about applying for a visit visa and has been invited by her mum who lives in the UK with a residence permit since 2008. Her mum just had an eye surgery and can barely see with both eyes. The doctor has written a letter to back the invitation letter written by her mum before the surgery, that they want her to be around to help her mum around during the recovery period of about a month. Even d MP representing her district wrote a letter as well.
Now, the issue is, she’s a student and just finished her exams to get into her final year. She doesn’t have any savings, but her mum is taking care of the whole trip, air ticket & taxi from the airport inclusive. As a matter of fact, we wanna do the super priority service (24 hours) & walk in submission.
Please, I need your candid advice on how to go about this. It’s so much money involved, so it’s only right to get it right.

Thank you.

Who is sponsoring her education?

She needs to present her school papers..student card, admission letter, last results and a letter from her school allowing her to take the trip if it's outside holiday period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2019
integrity9:

@justwise,
You're the most consistent & valuable contributor on this thread. I appreciate you & DmainMan who has gone under for a while now. I need your counsel.
I'm 56 years & hold a Master's degree in English & Literary Studies & currently work as a part-time parish pastor of a prominent Pentecostal church. I worked over 20 years across Security, Sales & Marketing sub-sectors before God called. My wife works with FGN on a salary of about #100,000 per month. My income come mainly from honorariums & goodwill from my public speaking as my pastoral services are voluntary & without pecuniary remuneration. This could average over #3m per annum. I have a landed property in my country home with 4 kids – 3 in the university & 1 currently writing SSCE. I have another half brother responsibility in the university as well.
I can’t remember the exact details now but in 2002 I was refused a visa for false entry in my document (Refusal attached herwith).
My wife’s childhood friend lives in London. They lost contact until a couple of years ago that they reunited. Since then we’ve become very close family friends. She’s been offering to sponsor & host us for a week or two in the U.K, but we didn’t really want to be involved in the visa palaver again. However, this year we agreed to take her up on the offer this summer, August to be exact. Because of a project my wife is handling officially & also reduce cost we agreed I could travel alone this time & the next year she could go
Now I’d love to know the challenges we are likely to face and if prospect is low so I don’t waste time & energy

Since the last refusal was more than 10yrs ago you don't need to worry about that but if you are asked about your previous refusal you have to admit it.

Traveling alone will reduce your chances of getting a visa, the person inviting is not your relative or a friend, just your wife's friend so traveling together with your wife will increase the chances of getting a visa but it's 50/50.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adesugarlove: 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
rennyvik:

Coz am confused, myself nd my parents applied for a UK visit visa on the 4th of April and by the 17th ukvi sent us an email that our document has been dispatched but till now we haven't heard from tls.
Plz help

Did u get your document dispatched or it was written this way

Dear  'first name, middle name , surname'

Your UK visa application has been despatched from the UK Visa Section. 

"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teajayz(m): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2019
Good day all,

Please what is the process of tourism visa application to UK for a mother and her daughter?

Your response would be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Favo8te: 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
justwise:

Since the last refusal was more than 10yrs ago you don't need to worry about that but if you are asked about your previous refusal you have to admit it.

Traveling alone will reduce your chances of getting a visa, the person inviting is not your relative or a friend, just your wife's friend so traveling together with your wife will increase the chances of getting a visa but it's 50/50.

Thanks but suppose they both applied & are given but she didn't travel, when she'll be ready to go next year, wouldn't it affect her chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by integrity9(m): 11:02pm On Apr 24, 2019
justwise:

Thank you so very much. I appreciate your opinion & it makes sense but like @Favo8te mentioned above how will that scenario play out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rennyvik: 11:40pm On Apr 24, 2019
[quote author=adesugarlove post=77826118]

Did u get your document dispatched or it was written this way

Dear  'first name, middle name , surname'

Your UK visa application has been despatched from the UK Visa Section. 

Yes we got "Dear bla bla bla (our names and our gwf reference number)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iwuoahsamuels: 12:12am On Apr 25, 2019
Good day
Pls what documents must I put together as an employee seeking visiting Visa to UK.
I have two siblings there , is there anything I could ask them to send to support my documents? I will be residing at my sister's place, what documents must she send
I have some investments that i can easily liquidate for sponsorship eg agrictech, mutual funds etc_can I add these to my support documents or I must liquidate and add cash to my bank account and present only bank account as proof of financial capacity.
Also does a USA citizen toddler need a uk Visa? If yes, what must be present as documents

Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tolani4real: 2:28am On Apr 25, 2019
Abini2012:

Yes. And upload under Financial Evidence... Once uploaded and accepted, it will indicate the number of pages.
Something like this....
Please how did you guys get to this section where one can upload all the supporting documents? Is it before or after paying for Visa application? I didn't see anything or section where I can add or upload all the supporting documents. I want to be sure I am doing the right thing before I make payment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:02am On Apr 25, 2019
Favo8te:

Thanks but suppose they both applied & are given but she didn't travel, when she'll be ready to go next year, wouldn't it affect her chances?

Try as much as possible to avoid that, it will raise suspicions about the whole intention of the trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tolani4real: 6:56am On Apr 25, 2019
Abini2012:

Yes. And upload under Financial Evidence... Once uploaded and accepted, it will indicate the number of pages.
Something like this....
Please how do you guys get to document uploading section. Filling out my woman's application but I didn't see anything or section where to upload documents. Is it before or after I pay for the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abuov: 7:28am On Apr 25, 2019
Hello guys,I have received an email my document has been dispatched.
However,when I tracked my application it shows, it is still with DMC.
Biko is it normal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 7:29am On Apr 25, 2019
After payment
tolani4real:

Please how do you guys get to document uploading section. Filling out my woman's application but I didn't see anything or section where to upload documents. Is it before or after I pay for the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tolani4real: 8:26am On Apr 25, 2019
Abini2012:
After payment
Thank you for the information

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tolani4real: 8:28am On Apr 25, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emadamysy: 10:09am On Apr 25, 2019
Abini2012:
After payment
Please how do i login to continue my previous upload. I had uploaded some initially, but most of my docs are not complete and am yet to submit .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ribabu(f): 10:11am On Apr 25, 2019
Good morning everyone. I just got my passport this morning and was denied visa again. I don’t know where am going wrong, please I need advise on how to go about it because I want to reapply next month. Attached is my refusal letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adesugarlove: 11:01am On Apr 25, 2019
[quote author=rennyvik post=77831005][/quote]

Funny enough, My son's UK visa application has been dispatched from the UK Visa Section.

Mine hasn't.

I even tracked his own and the status hasn't changed at all on TLS website.

I applied on 18th of March , Did Biometrics on April 3rd.

Modified

I am not a first timer though...more of a fifth timer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
I just received this mail from TLS after I sent message to them on Tuesday concerning my application. Is it possible that my application still with UKVI after receiving despatched mail? I'm so confused

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by prettysussie: 2:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hello my people,

I will be submitting my documents next week. I would like you to help me review especially the funds side since it is one of the common reason for refusal. I was refused last December.

I had stated in the application that I intend to spend N700k for 5 days including flight and accommodation. My bank balance is N1.2m with monthly pay of N1.1m. Hope this is okay.

Another challenge is that I saved an amount in my daughter's account (she's 2 years old) and that's the only savings I have. I intend to obtain a letter from the Asset management company to state that I am the one maintaining the account. Kindly advise if this is okay or I just remove it out totally since the bank balance covers the cost of the trip.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by John3mace: 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
How much does it cost to reduce the duration of 2years UK visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shalolo: 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
tolani4real:

You need to make payment first before you can upload any documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shalolo: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ribabu:
Can I get the contact of the lawyer u used.

You need to be paying yourself substantial amount on a monthly basis from your business income for 6months. E.g transferring to your personal account. Money in your company's account is considered as business fund.
Also spending more than your 2months salary for vacation is a red flag. Your £6,000 budget for the trip is quite much. My advice is based on my personal experience and current visa renewal. Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sulaimonsheu(m): 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Good evening everybody in the house I really appreciate your kindness most especially just wise, I av not receive any mail yet frm ukv or tls yet and today is the 34th working days pls help me out am confused and I can't think straight. Thanx as I wait for ur positive feedback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ribabu:
Good morning everyone. I just got my passport this morning and was denied visa again. I don’t know where am going wrong, please I need advise on how to go about it because I want to reapply next month. Attached is my refusal letter

Are you the sole owner of the company? If no then what is the arrangement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
I just received this mail from TLS after I sent message to them on Tuesday concerning my application. Is it possible that my application still with UKVI after receiving despatched mail? I'm so confused

That makes no sense, why are they not addressing you by name?

Reply back to tell them that you have received email previously which contradicts this current email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
prettysussie:
Hello my people,

I will be submitting my documents next week. I would like you to help me review especially the funds side since it is one of the common reason for refusal. I was refused last December.

I had stated in the application that I intend to spend N700k for 5 days including flight and accommodation. My bank balance is N1.2m with monthly pay of N1.1m. Hope this is okay.

Another challenge is that I saved an amount in my daughter's account (she's 2 years old) and that's the only savings I have. I intend to obtain a letter from the Asset management company to state that I am the one maintaining the account. Kindly advise if this is okay or I just remove it out totally since the bank balance covers the cost of the trip.

Thanks in advance

Is the monthly pay your salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
Shalolo:

You need to be paying yourself substantial amount on a monthly basis from your business income for 6months. E.g transferring to your personal account. Money in your company's account is considered as business fund.
Also spending more than your 2months salary for vacation is a red flag. Your £6,000 budget for the trip is quite much. My advice is based on my personal experience and current visa renewal. Regards

Why?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sulaimonsheu:
Good evening everybody in the house I really appreciate your kindness most especially just wise, I av not receive any mail yet frm ukv or tls yet and today is the 34th working days pls help me out am confused and I can't think straight. Thanx as I wait for ur positive feedback.

You have to contact them

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.