Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,833 members, 7,851,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1546265 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:55pm On May 03, 2019
kenawo:
Hello Guys

So i applied for a visitor visa in and got the denial letter last week.I was surprised seeing as i have visited the the USA,Tanzania,South Africa(official), UAE in the last 5 years. My last UK visa expired unused in 2012 and my financial circumstance has greatly improved since i last applied almost 10 years ago.

Denial Reason - we cant determine your salary or if you pay taxes based on the info you provided. In addition, you had some unexplained deposits which may have been used to inflate your a/c (i did no such thing, they were probably referring to my bonus). I wonder why its difficult to determine my pay especially since i submitted my official salary a/c bank statement with my monthly salary credits (i work in a bank), 2 other bank statements, Payslips for 1 year, Letter from my Employer stating my annual salary and level, proof of investments etc

Anyway, my question for the gurus; how soon can i reapply since i'm not allowed to appeal or have an admin review. what other options do i have? like getting an lawyer bla bla

Gracias

Please blank all personal details and post the refusal letter here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 7:59pm On May 03, 2019
Floraoye0417:
Oh Thank u 4 ure quick response . My appointment is in lagos, I need to confirm If its can be done in lag.

If by Monday you don't get response here, just carry your 42k to the center and tell them you want to pay for walk in. If they accept, you're good. If not, go back home and calmly wait for your appointment. But I think they should. Shebi na business wink
Carry extra 10k if you want them to upload for you. Or upload before you go o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2019
iwuoahsamuels:
Hello Justwise and other gurus pls put your mouth in my matter.
I asked a question earlier before going through the trend so I took time and read through and I think I'm more informed but just so I'm double sure of my chances and corrected if wrong.
Below is my story
I was denied UK Visa about 8-10years ago..not quite sure now. Bases of refusal was that my then sponsor (my uncle) didnt have sufficient balance or the ECO wasn't convinced he will/could sponsor my trip etc.
Fast forward to how things have changed
I am now employed for 7 years with 250k salary and about 450k in my account(also some credits from hubby- must I explain these in cover letter?) , I have some agrictech investments that will mature by july worth 1.5m, I have openended mutual funds of
200k, I birthed last year in USA with a 2years valid Visa and I declared pregnancy to VO and have my zero balance. My husband has a quite impressive travel history but I have only been to south Africa twice and then this USA.
My blood sister and brother are UK green card holders and my sister is inviting my son and I for summer, I'd be sponsoring the trip and plan to go in August first week.
She's only going to offer Accommodation and feeding.
What must she send to me? What must be in her invitation letter? What must be in my cover letter? When must I start application in view of my intended date of travel? What must be in my checklist of documents? What must my budget look like?
Pls guys, I need your mouths in this matter as I dont want to make mistakes pls

Every single question in bold has been discussed here for years so i'm not going to repeat them

Since summer is a busy time for visa application i suggest you start your application anytime this month

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lipsyred: 9:03pm On May 03, 2019
Good evening @ justwise.You are doing great job here.I and my husband have applied and submitted @ d Ikeja office.we want to visit the UK for 1week to celebrate our 10years anniversary,I earn close to 280k submit my payslip,salary account ,company ref letter as staff,my husband is a business man no stated salary,turnover 6month close to 50m,all docs to proof itsuittex 15th April no mail yet ,wat are the chances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Floraoye0417: 10:18pm On May 03, 2019
Na so sha. Thank you
Abini2012:

If by Monday you don't get response here, just carry your 42k to the center and tell them you want to pay for walk in. If they accept, you're good. If not, go back home and calmly wait for your appointment. But I think they should. Shebi na business wink
Carry extra 10k if you want them to upload for you. Or upload before you go o

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 5:24pm On May 04, 2019
kenawo:
Hello Guys

So i applied for a visitor visa in and got the denial letter last week.I was surprised seeing as i have visited the the USA,Tanzania,South Africa(official), UAE in the last 5 years. My last UK visa expired unused in 2012 and my financial circumstance has greatly improved since i last applied almost 10 years ago.

Denial Reason - we cant determine your salary or if you pay taxes based on the info you provided. In addition, you had some unexplained deposits which may have been used to inflate your a/c (i did no such thing, they were probably referring to my bonus). I wonder why its difficult to determine my pay especially since i submitted my official salary a/c bank statement with my monthly salary credits (i work in a bank), 2 other bank statements, Payslips for 1 year, Letter from my Employer stating my annual salary and level, proof of investments etc

Anyway, my question for the gurus; how soon can i reapply since i'm not allowed to appeal or have an admin review. what other options do i have? like getting an lawyer bla bla

Gracias

Nothing really to worry about as your own situation is straight forward. All UKVI needs from you is clear explanation of the deposits listed for the denial. I had similar issues with a friend I was travelling with last year. She was denied for unexplained deposits that seemed unusual in her account. I encouraged her to apply immediately and give detailed explanation on each transaction deposit raised as a reason for her denial. She did as advised and was granted a visa in less than 2 weeks. Based on your story here, you have a very straightforward case and you will be granted with good explanation. However you can apply immediately. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lipsyred: 9:57pm On May 04, 2019
Good evening @ justwise.You are doing a great job here.I and my husband have applied and submitted @ d Ikeja office.we want to visit the UK for 5days in june to celebrate our 10years anniversary,I earn 280k submit my payslip,salary account to show for d six month,company ref letter as staff,have 2m treasury bill n 1 m in my account for d trip as I indicated I will spend 900k my own.my husband is a business man no stated salary,turnover 6month close to 50m,all docs to proof it n his budget spending 1.5m ticket n others cos we intend shopping n trips .we submitted tax clearance,land docs,family pix wit kids,marriage certificate to show date for anniversary.hussy statement usually have huge funds cos he imports cars regularly mistake we didn't present any bill ladding but inflow for cars shows in statement. 15th April no mail yet ,wat are the chances cos it is a genuine trip.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sulaimonsheu(m): 8:25am On May 05, 2019
Favourme84:
All glory to God...after waiting for 69 working days,DHL delivered my passport today and I was given 6months Visa.
BIOMETRICS........JANUARY 25,2019
Got mail twice that my application was not straightforward
Despatch mail.....April 26,2019
Got my passport with Visa today.

I was denied March 2018.

congratulations I pray for my own to turn out the same as urs, I also did my biometric on 7th March 2019 till now am yet to hear frm them. Wish u all the best bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sulaimonsheu(m): 8:30am On May 05, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
please, how did you contact them? because they are rejecting my debit card which is MasterCard
But u are asked to use another card.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ijeshalomo(m): 9:12am On May 05, 2019
Thank you Justwise. I would like to add that this applicant from the other country is in secondary school and less than 18 years old. Is she allowed to submit her application by herself while her other sibblings and parent submit in Senegal? Or does she need an adult to go with her for the submission?

Thanks

justwise:

She can apply from there and they all need to state clearly that it's a family trip but applying from different countries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 5:55pm On May 05, 2019
Be safe!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lipsyred: 8:51pm On May 05, 2019
Good evening @ justwise pls respond
You are doing a great job here.I and my husband have applied and submitted @ d Ikeja office.we want to visit the UK for 5days in june to celebrate our 10years anniversary,I earn 280k submit my payslip,salary account to show for d six month,company ref letter as staff,have 2m treasury bill n 1 m in my account for d trip as I indicated I will spend 900k my own.my husband is a business man no stated salary,turnover 6month close to 50m,all docs to proof it n his budget spending 1.5m ticket n others cos we intend shopping n trips .we submitted tax clearance,land docs,family pix wit kids,marriage certificate to show date for anniversary.hussy statement usually have huge funds cos he imports cars regularly mistake we didn't present any bill ladding but inflow for cars shows in statement. 15th April no mail yet ,wat are the chances cos it is a genuine trip.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigtalla(m): 8:54pm On May 05, 2019
Good evening all. I am a bit confused. I applied and submitted my visa application online last week. I booked for my biometrics and selected Ikeja office. However, i noticed that my biometrics booking confirmation mail mentioned that the TLS office is now at a particular address in VI.
My question is that, is the IKEJA TLS office no longer functional? My appointment is for Tuesday the 7th of May and i need your urgent response.
Thank you in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tywoare33: 10:29pm On May 05, 2019
I just got issued a 6month Visa. During the application process I stated that I will be using 5days though my application was conference based.

My question now is can i use more than the stated days during my application process. If YES what is the maximum days I can use.

Hoping for a swift response thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 11:54pm On May 05, 2019
Dear Justwise and friends,

Please my sister is planning to apply for a uk visit visa for 8 days.
She is married with 2 children, employed and she will sponsor herself. She works with a bank. I would like to know if its necessary to provide the employment and bank statement of her husband?
Her husband is currently self employed so he does not have much in his account

Kindly clarify

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:46am On May 06, 2019
Lipsyred:
Good evening @ justwise pls respond
You are doing a great job here.I and my husband have applied and submitted @ d Ikeja office.we want to visit the UK for 5days in june to celebrate our 10years anniversary,I earn 280k submit my payslip,salary account to show for d six month,company ref letter as staff,have 2m treasury bill n 1 m in my account for d trip as I indicated I will spend 900k my own.my husband is a business man no stated salary,turnover 6month close to 50m,all docs to proof it n his budget spending 1.5m ticket n others cos we intend shopping n trips .we submitted tax clearance,land docs,family pix wit kids,marriage certificate to show date for anniversary.hussy statement usually have huge funds cos he imports cars regularly mistake we didn't present any bill ladding but inflow for cars shows in statement. 15th April no mail yet ,wat are the chances cos it is a genuine trip.

You and your husband earn enough to afford the trip it will come down to documents submitted and how well you completed the form.

Nothing here can predict your chances of getting it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:48am On May 06, 2019
NanaOne1:
Dear Justwise and friends,

Please my sister is planning to apply for a uk visit visa for 8 days.
She is married with 2 children, employed and she will sponsor herself. She works with a bank. I would like to know if its necessary to provide the employment and bank statement of her husband?
Her husband is currently self employed so he does not have much in his account

Kindly clarify

Thank you

If your sister earns enough and comfortably sponsor herself then there's no need worrying about husband's account statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:52am On May 06, 2019
tywoare33:
I just got issued a 6month Visa. During the application process I stated that I will be using 5days though my application was conference based.

My question now is can i use more than the stated days during my application process. If YES what is the maximum days I can use.

Hoping for a swift response thank you

Staying a day or two extra may not hurt you during renewer but longer than could cost next time you apply for visa.

But seriously though..why do you want to stay longer than you stated?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:54am On May 06, 2019
bigtalla:
Good evening all. I am a bit confused. I applied and submitted my visa application online last week. I booked for my biometrics and selected Ikeja office. However, i noticed that my biometrics booking confirmation mail mentioned that the TLS office is now at a particular address in VI.
My question is that, is the IKEJA TLS office no longer functional? My appointment is for Tuesday the 7th of May and i need your urgent response.
Thank you in advance.

Contact them to confirm this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mario8732: 10:04am On May 06, 2019
@justwise please what prove does a uk p60 document seems to provide in a visitors visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NanaOne1: 11:36am On May 06, 2019
Thanks for your response Justwise. Please one more clarification.
Apart from her official work, she does a side business by buying and selling if kids products. She has registered as an enterprise but she uses her savings account for this business. The problem is she does not have any vat clearance or vat payment since this is just a small business but she plans to open a business account later on and pay taxes.

Please can she add the business documents to her application to justify the usage of her savings account in running her side business without the payment of taxes?

And is she supposed to add receipts of her purchase and selling of the kinds products?

Please clarify
Thank you

justwise:

If your sister earns enough and comfortably sponsor herself then there's no need worrying about husband's account statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dolorsa: 11:50am On May 06, 2019
Good day guys, please I need your contributions on how UK embassy can verify the existence of a company or an employee's employment status via open source independent verification. A friend was denied on that basis and attached is the refusal notice. Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Opeyemi007: 12:44pm On May 06, 2019
An open source independent verification is one where a third party carries out the business/employment verification for them. Does this business exist? Did your friend submit payslips or any documents from the company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dolorsa: 12:54pm On May 06, 2019
Opeyemi007:
An open source independent verification is one where a third party carries out the business/employment verification for them. Does this business exist? Did your friend submit payslips or any documents from the company?
Ope, thanks for your response. I will have to confirm if he submitted the documents you mentioned and get back to you. As for the existence of the company, I really can't say much about it. All the same, I will make some findings from him based on the aforementioned and keep you posted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dewale1234(m): 1:16pm On May 06, 2019
Hello House

Please i need an urgent help. I am applying for a visit visa for me and my wife. While filling the form i indicated that my wife will be traveling with me and i indicated her passport number.
I am at the point of making payment and i noticed 2 things
i. That the payment for standard service is USD129 (despite the fact that i am applying for 2 people)
ii. I have not been able to chose where i will do my biometrics (i prefer VI)

Is this normal, or i made mistakes while filling the form
I used this website https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk

Please help out

Thanks
cc. Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wintabotom: 1:24pm On May 06, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please i need advise on how to apply for a visit visa for my mom, i have a 2 year visa expiring next year. My mom is 59 years and retired(no evidence of this as she was into business before now). However, she has some investments in tbills about 5m. I am applying as her sponsor, but i am seeking clarification to know if her being retired isn't an issue with them. I am adding my bank statements and also statement showing my salary (truth is i stopped working to start my own biz in Dec , so my friend has been using his coy to pay salary from January till date). please advise on the way to go about it as we have a wedding to attend in the uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Hunnybee: 1:44pm On May 06, 2019
1. I'm not extremely sure but I think your wife will have to fill her own form separately
2. Picking VI center attracts a $55 charge for each of you.

dewale1234:
Hello House

Please i need an urgent help. I am applying for a visit visa for me and my wife. While filling the form i indicated that my wife will be traveling with me and i indicated her passport number.
i. That the payment for standard service is USD129 (despite the fact that i am applying for 2 people)

Please help out

Thanks
cc. Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 2:37pm On May 06, 2019
Are you sure no mistake when picking the location because i submitted my application at VAC Ikeja 5th of April, 2019.
Check properly.
bigtalla:
Thank you in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 2:42pm On May 06, 2019
Confirm you applied separately, that is each applicant with his or her application.If yes you will make payment for yourself and wiffy separately.
dewale1234:
Hello House

Please help out

Thanks
cc. Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dewale1234(m): 3:20pm On May 06, 2019
Yommieyomi:
Confirm you applied separately, that is each applicant with his or her application.If yes you will make payment for yourself and wiffy separately.

I made a single application and when asked about my wife's details, i gave it and specified she will be travelling with me. I want to know if she will still apply separately. I am the principal applicant and i will be the one sponsoring the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 3:56pm On May 06, 2019
There is no one for all. Its OYO
dewale1234:

I made a single application and when asked about my wife's details, i gave it and specified she will be travelling with me. I want to know if she will still apply separately. I am the principal applicant and i will be the one sponsoring the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 4:13pm On May 06, 2019
Sulaimonsheu:
But u are asked to use another card.
no, but i tried to use my sister gtb mastercard and it was also rejected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.