Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,345 members, 7,829,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535578 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by prettysussie: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2019
ijeshaoflondon:
Hello justwise and all ...Can an account with a closing balance of 1.2m be used to apply for a tourist visa....Monthly salary of 180k? Married with 2 kids . ... Kindly give ur own opinion. Thanks

You need to show how you accumulated a balance of 1.2m with a salary of 180k with your monthly expenses. You might also need to show evidence of other sources of income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Hunnybee: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2019
Sweet!!! Thank you very much

ijeshaoflondon:

She had to pay 42k for that ... just walk in and submit after paying 42k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2019
Good Morning House,
Please, how long does priority Visa application take? I received application transfer mail to UKVI @ 5.30pm on 23rd April 2019 after biometric in Abuja. No further update since then.

Cc: Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2019
Justwise, I'm so confused right now. I just left TLS office and my application isn't ready yet. I was told that i have to contact them,that I'm still going to receive another email saying decision has been made. They said it might be with UK embassy in VI and they will be the one to send my application to them. Infact, a lady came there too for the same issue and her own is 5 weeks.so if i don't contact them they will not release my passport back or what. Cos i don't get it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adesugarlove: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am super super happy and super super grateful

For my 5 years Visa.

And there were mistakes in my child's visa. someone else name was written in it

Visa remarks shows to be accompanied by someone else..

IMPORTANT NOTICE

PLEASE CHECK THAT THE DETAILS ON YOUR VISA ARE CORRECT BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO TRAVEL TO AVOID BEING DENIED BOARDING.

IMAGINE IF I WERE TO BE TRAVELLING THIS WEEK

But anyways....

Am still happy happy...

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2019
adesugarlove:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am super super happy and super super grateful

For my 5 years Visa.

And there were mistakes in my child's visa. someone else name was written in it

Visa remarks shows to be accompanied by someone else..

IMPORTANT NOTICE

PLEASE CHECK THAT THE DETAILS ON YOUR VISA ARE CORRECT BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO TRAVEL TO AVOID BEING DENIED BOARDING.

IMAGINE IF I WERE TO BE TRAVELLING THIS WEEK

But anyways....

Am still happy happy...

Congratulations. How long did ur application take?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tolani4real: 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
I submitted Visa application online this morning. I uploaded my documents. Do I need to go to TLs with all my original documents?
I printed out the confirmation page after submission. Also I have my payment confirmation receipt. Also do I need to go to TLS with passport size photo because I didn't included this in the documents I submitted online
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by steel101: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
tolani4real:
I submitted Visa application online this morning. I uploaded my documents. Do I need to go to TLs with all my original documents?
I printed out the confirmation page after submission. Also I have my payment confirmation receipt. Also do I need to go to TLS with passport size photo because I didn't included this in the documents I submitted online

You don't need to go to TLS with any of your uploaded documents in as much as you are very sure that you uploaded the documents your self and they have been accepted. You will have to go to TLS with a copy of confirmation of submission, receipt of payment, appointment letter, International passport and first page of the application checklist. You don't need to go with a passport photograph. You will be captured at the centre together with your biometrics.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Adeyholla: 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hello house,

I have been following this forum for quite sometime now.

I got my EEA FP in March (i indicated that my children will be accompanying me, all names listed in my application )and in April 9 i put in my children application.

However today I received ''
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.''

What do they mean by this, should I be worried.

I hope to hear back soon. Thank you in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mekaboy(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2019
steel101:

You don't need to go to TLS with any of your uploaded documents in as much as you are very sure that you uploaded the documents your self and they have been accepted. You will have to go to TLS with a copy of confirmation of submission, receipt of payment, appointment letter, International passport and first page of the application checklist. You don't need to go with a passport photograph. You will be captured at the centre together with your biometrics.

Is bank statement also scanned and uploaded or submitted in hard copy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2019
ijeshaoflondon:

She had to pay 42k for that ... just walk in and submit after paying 42k

Please I just need to confirm is I can fill my application online and go TLS as walk in to scan and submit my documents at the rate of 42K. I don't have much time waiting for appointment times. Is this still possible ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
ozymes:
Good Morning House,
Please, how long does priority Visa application take? I received application transfer mail to UKVI @ 5.30pm on 23rd April 2019 after biometric in Abuja. No further update since then.

Cc: Justwise

Some do hear from them within 5 working days

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
Justwise, I'm so confused right now. I just left TLS office and my application isn't ready yet. I was told that i have to contact them,that I'm still going to receive another email saying decision has been made. They said it might be with UK embassy in VI and they will be the one to send my application to them. Infact, a lady came there too for the same issue and her own is 5 weeks.so if i don't contact them they will not release my passport back or what. Cos i don't get it.

Did you submit at VI centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
Scanned and uploaded. TLS will not collect anything from you except your passport. That is if you are doing self upload.
mekaboy:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
If you want them to scan for you.
You will pay additional charge of 10K

Lee310:

Please I just need to confirm is I can fill my application online and go TLS as walk in to scan and submit my documents at the rate of 42K. I don't have much time waiting for appointment times. Is this still possible ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2019
I'm writing to all applicants that applied within the first week in April at Ikeja VAC to post their timeline or current status so that we can help ourselves with the application tracking.

Mine is as follows:

Application Submission: March 27th
Bio-metric ( walk In) : April 5th

No single email or news till date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
justwise:

Did you submit at VI centre?
no, I submitted it at TLS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by prettysussie: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
no, I submitted it at TLS.
TLS at Ikeja or VI?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by prettysussie: 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
Abini2012:
Scanned and uploaded. TLS will not collect anything from you except your passport. That is if you are doing self upload.

But will you still go with the documents for sighting by the TLS officials?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
prettysussie:

But will you still go with the documents for sighting by the TLS officials?

No. Once you've scanned, uploaded, previewed and submitted your documents at home. You are done. TLS is only for biometric and passport drop off

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adesugarlove: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
Menakay:

Congratulations. How long did ur application take?

I applied March 18th online.

Did biometric at ikeja on April 3rd. Premium lounge for 2. Thats 42k x 2

Got the normal TLS mail that day that application was transferred to ukvi.

On April 24th, dispatched mail for my son
On April 25th, dispatched mail for myself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
Yommieyomi:
If you want them to scan for you.
You will pay additional charge of 10K

Thank you for your response... so I have to pay 52K in all.

Is it possible I pick a normal submission and I pay for only scanning at TLS ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 10:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
prettysussie:

TLS at Ikeja or VI?
ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tolani4real: 2:27am On Apr 30, 2019
steel101:

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by integrity9(m): 5:34am On Apr 30, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

At the point of entry, you are likely to be questioned by the immigration, why applying as a couple if only one of you will be using the visa?

Thanks .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 7:47am On Apr 30, 2019
Yes it is very possible.
You will only need to pay for scanning 10k

Lee310:

Thank you for your response... so I have to pay 52K in all.

Is it possible I pick a normal submission and I pay for only scanning at TLS ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lee310: 8:25am On Apr 30, 2019
Yommieyomi:
Yes it is very possible.
You will only need to pay for scanning 10k

Thank you �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by steel101: 8:52am On Apr 30, 2019
mekaboy:

Your bank statement should be scanned and uploaded as well. It should be uploaded under the Financial evidence category in Edossier. You don't need to submit hard copy of any of your documents. TLS will not ask you for any.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
Omosholape80:
For UKVI yes you pay for £1.37 for call and £5 thereabout for calls and email respectively but for TLS contact it is free but they might not respond sha
I have been trying to contact UKVI but they are rejecting my card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2019
Tawakalituolas:

This is a misinformation ! I didn't receive a mail that says decision has been made, I was rather sent a dispatched email as shown below.

Dear XXXXX,

Your UK visa application has been despatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to...

I'm sorry about your case. I think u need to be patient and prayerful at this juncture because I can see on the thread that you have explored all the possible means to retrieve your documents. I will keep in touch if I see other possibilities. Good luck !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Innopre983: 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2019
Good afternoon house. Please my brother has already filled his visit visa application and directed to TLS webpage. After proceeding to step 2 which is APPOINTMENT BOOKING he couldn't book a date because those dates are not highlighted and he only saw ASSISTED/ SELF SERVICE AND UPGRADE TO PREMIUM LOUNGE at 10am. He clicked on it and the system is not highlighting the service. Please what can he do because he is trying to submit on June 3 and email was sent to him by this contact that he only has 60 calendar days to book his appointment. Please help us. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gazilion: 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
Dear All,
Please, I am applying for my friends daughter who is based in Nigeria. She is 33 years old and single. Her mother has a permanent residence in the UK. I need a couple of information please,

1. I am applying using the Settlement - Settlement - Child or Other Dependant of Settled Person Form. Is this correct?

2. In the filling of the form, do I need to convert the money questions to the Pounds Sterling equivalent?

3. In the section where the question is asked for "how long do you wish to stay" - since this is a settlement visa application, how many years do I put in the form?

4. There is a question, which said, "are you exempt from English Language requirement" - Does this apply in this occasion?

Any help will be most appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.