Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535630 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 4:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
If he can"t get the required date ...he can walk in and pay 42k extra.

Innopre983:
Good afternoon house. Please my brother has already filled his visit visa application and directed to TLS webpage. After proceeding to step 2 which is APPOINTMENT BOOKING he couldn't book a date because those dates are not highlighted and he only saw ASSISTED/ SELF SERVICE AND UPGRADE TO PREMIUM LOUNGE at 10am. He clicked on it and the system is not highlighting the service. Please what can he do because he is trying to submit on June 3 and email was sent to him by this contact that he only has 60 calendar days to book his appointment. Please help us. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by femiart(m): 4:46pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hi good evening everyone, please I need help and clarification on something. My spouse(female) who is Nigerian and is also an EU citizen staying in Greece, she recently got a job in the UK. And she's coming to Nigeria in August for our marriage. Now my question is what type of marriage should we apply for at the ikoyi registry so it would be easier when we start the process for me to come to join her in the UK. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
Glory to God! Got despatch mail yesterday @ about 3.50pm and got application assessed and passport ready for collection @ about 11.47am today. Passport picked up with a 10 years visa issued. Gracias amigos.
ozymes:
Good Evening House,
Please, how long does priority Visa application take? I received application transfer mail to UKVI @ 5.30pm on 23rd April 2019 after biometric in Abuja. No further update since then.

Cc: Justwise

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
Infiosa:

This is a misinformation ! I didn't receive a mail that says decision has been made, I was rather sent a dispatched email as shown below.

Dear XXXXX,

Your UK visa application has been despatched from the UK Visa Section.

If you are applying from Europe, North & West Africa and GCC countries:

- And you submitted your application at a visa application centre - You will receive an email shortly from TLS or VFS about collecting your decision. Please ensure you check your e-mail account and do not attend the VAC until you are advised to...

I'm sorry about your case. I think u need to be patient and prayerful at this juncture because I can see on the thread that you have explored all the possible means to retrieve your documents. I will keep in touch if I see other possibilities. Good luck !
seriously, I'm sick and tired of everything. Cos i have tried to contact UKVI several times and they keep rejecting my debit MasterCard.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
seriously, I'm sick and tired of everything. Cos i have contacted UKVI several times and they keep rejecting my debit MasterCard.
Say “you have tried to contact” UKVI several times, not “that you have contacted” please. Kindly use another card if that particular one isn’t working for you. Sorry about your predicament!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
ozymes:
Glory to God! Got despatch mail yesterday @ about 3.50pm and got application assessed and passport ready for collection @ about 11.47am today. Passport picked up with a 10 years visa issued. Gracias amigos.

Congrats dude, nice one there!

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tawakalituolas: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
Tawakalituolas:
thanks for the correction.
OmoBendel24:
please. Kindly use another card if that particular one isn’t working for you. Sorry about your predicament!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Foske(m): 6:56pm On Apr 30, 2019
Please anyone living in UK here? Its urgent

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
chukyrooy:
Pls guys just a quick one, made a little mistake on my name one letter was before the other and i have already booked an appointment. Can i accompany it with a note on my cover letter?

Thanks for all the good work guys.

I appreciate all the answers guys but pls can one letter mistake on your application name ruin your whole application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by obalala: 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hello house , pls I need help with information on how to pay online for a new Nigerian passport for my new baby. I have tried using my credit card and all but the payment have been rejected. I want to pay online so I can get a date to travel down to the Nigeria high commission in london. I’m based in one of the British islands. I will appreciate a feedback from anybody familiar with the London high commission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shalolo: 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Say “you have tried to contact” UKVI several times, not “that you have contacted” please. Kindly use another card if that particular one isn’t working for you. Sorry about your predicament!
Try Paga
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olorogun1: 5:14am On May 01, 2019
@justwise @d-law, and the rest,you guys are doing a great work in taking your time out to enlighten people on this forum,you're all well appreciated.
I applied for uk visa in 2007 but i was refused.unfortunately for me the guy that help in the application process then misleaded me to use an age that's totally different from my real age on my international passport,i was single then he also arranged married on the P. He also said i have two kids in the visa application then all was lie.
Moving forward i have to find means to do another passport that has my real information and i've tried application to us twice with my new passport but was also refused, pls what's the way forward for me if i have to apply to uk and how do i go about it.
I am the MD of my company and i also have other personal business with good acct but i run most of my expenses on my coporate account since i don't have personal account.
Your wealth of knowledge will be of great help in this my matter. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Paulpatrick(m): 5:40am On May 01, 2019
Please o.. Anyone knows how I can go about my renewal of passport.. Cause I did mine in Edo state state 5 years ago. And I'm currently in Lagos at agbara.. And I'm thinking of trying fectac for the renewal.. I need this passport in two weeks. Please can someone tell me the office that has booklets in Lagos here.. Cause I don't want to hear stories of no booklet .. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by femiart(m): 5:50am On May 01, 2019
please anyone. she has both eu and nigerian passport. i urgently need an answer please as it ll help me to proceed. thanks
femiart:
Hi good evening everyone, please I need help and clarification on something. My spouse(female) who is Nigerian and is also an EU citizen staying in Greece, she recently got a job in the UK. And she's coming to Nigeria in August for our marriage. Now my question is what type of marriage should we apply for at the ikoyi registry so it would be easier when we start the process for me to come to join her in the UK. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 8:25am On May 01, 2019
Thank you, Area!
OmoBendel24:

Congrats dude, nice one there!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ezybaba(m): 9:26am On May 01, 2019
Thanks for the wonderful job. I instead to travel to d UK am a student my cousin instead to sponsor me, she send d invitation letter, payslips, etc expect her statement of account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 9:51am On May 01, 2019
Seem no one is willing to post their timeline here
This is to aid tracking of applications submitted first week in April.
Yommieyomi:
I'm writing to all applicants that applied within the first week in April at Ikeja VAC to post their timeline or current status so that we can help ourselves with the application tracking.

Mine is as follows:

Application Submission: March 27th
Bio-metric ( walk In) : April 5th

No single email or news till date.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Unstoppable56: 11:26am On May 01, 2019
Hi everyone,

I submitted a visa application two days ago on Gov.uk and was taken to the TLS website to book an appointment. I chose VI centre but then realised £55 had been added to my basket (which I don't want to pay), I have already paid £102 for the application fees. I have tried to change the centre to Ikeja to no avail. I have emailed TLS using 'Contact Us' form but haven't had any response yet and I really need to book the appointment.

Can anyone who has experienced this please advice me on the best way to go about it please.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 1:24pm On May 01, 2019
Yommieyomi:
Seem no one is willing to post their timeline here
This is to aid tracking of applications submitted first week in April.

Sorry.
My visa was Tier 4 Dependant Visa
Submitted on the 8th of April
Biometric on the 12th Abuja TLS premium lounge
Collection mail on 26th
DHL delivery in my town on 29th
Give or take 8days minus the holidays.
Standard application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 1:34pm On May 01, 2019
ezybaba:
Thanks for the wonderful job. I instead to travel to d UK am a student my cousin instead to sponsor me, she send d invitation letter, payslips, etc expect her statement of account

Go to the UK student thread.
Although it has been repeated countless times that nobody can sponsor an education except one's parents or self.
You can ask your cousin to transfer the money to your account or your parents.
Except you want to dash UK govt money

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abini2012: 1:36pm On May 01, 2019
femiart:
please anyone. she has both eu and nigerian passport. i urgently need an answer please as it ll help me to proceed. thanks

There's no other marriage contracted at the Registry than the one you know. But no be Traditional marriage sha grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ezybaba(m): 1:39pm On May 01, 2019
Abini2012:

Go to the UK student thread.
Although it has been repeated countless times that nobody can sponsor an education except one's parents or self.
You can ask your cousin to transfer the money to your account or your parents.
Except you want to dash UK govt money
it just for visitation for 20 days am a msc student university of ibadan
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 3:13pm On May 01, 2019
chukyrooy:
Pls guys just a quick one, made a little mistake on my name one letter was before the other and i have already booked an appointment. Can i accompany it with a note on my cover letter?

Thanks for all the good work guys.

Please leave no stone unturned! Your little mistake might be seen as an oversight if you are lucky enough but if you are not, it could be used as a reason for denial. I made mistakes on two different applications during mine and I had to cancel the appointments and I was refunded exactly one month later. I did fresh application while I was cancelling the other applications with mistakes. Refu ds and decision came out the same week and it was all positive. I will advise u to cancel the appointment and wait for refund , u can also start a fresh application at the same time. Then u wont be thinking of your little mistake while waiting on decision. Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 3:28pm On May 01, 2019
chukyrooy:

I appreciate all the answers guys but pls can one letter mistake on your application name ruin your whole application?
It can if you not lucky enough... a mistake in company's introductory letter caused one of colleagues ' Visa denial. It's better to rectify if noticed before it gets to them. I will once again advise you to cancel your appointment and request for refund. Then start a fresh application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 4:20pm On May 01, 2019
Infiosa:

Please leave no stone unturned! Your little mistake might be seen as an oversight if you are lucky enough but if you are not, it could be used as a reason for denial. I made mistakes on two different applications during mine and I had to cancel the appointments and I was refunded exactly one month later. I did fresh application while I was cancelling the other applications with mistakes. Refu ds and decision came out the same week and it was all positive. I will advise u to cancel the appointment and wait for refund , u can also start a fresh application at the same time. Then u wont be thinking of your little mistake while waiting on decision. Best of luck.

Thank you for your prompt response, I'm attending my sister's graduation and any more date change might affect what I want to go for. I'm thinking of including it in the cover letter. It was supposed to be chukwudi but I mistakenly put chuwkudi. Do you think it might fly especially as it's my 5th or more renewal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:45pm On May 01, 2019
olorogun1:
@justwise @d-law, and the rest,you guys are doing a great work in taking your time out to enlighten people on this forum,you're all well appreciated.
I applied for uk visa in 2007 but i was refused.unfortunately for me the guy that help in the application process then misleaded me to use an age that's totally different from my real age on my international passport,i was single then he also arranged married on the P. He also said i have two kids in the visa application then all was lie.
Moving forward i have to find means to do another passport that has my real information and i've tried application to us twice with my new passport but was also refused, pls what's the way forward for me if i have to apply to uk and how do i go about it.
I am the MD of my company and i also have other personal business with good acct but i run most of my expenses on my coporate account since i don't have personal account.
Your wealth of knowledge will be of great help in this my matter. Thanks

The way forward is to apply for visa and be totally honest when completing the form, there is no two ways about it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bbclue(f): 5:35pm On May 01, 2019
Hello

Please I was send survey form from ukvi today to fill and submit means while

My application is 15days today I submitted yet no response or update
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bostin(m): 6:34pm On May 01, 2019
abuov:
Document submitted: I am a fashion designer ,so am under self employed.

*Note: I applied for a short term Visa,I am going for a certificate course by July.

Business document :
CAC certificate,business bank account statement for 6 months,
letter of recommendation from Pan Atlantic University (I did Enterprneureship training course there),

UK COURSE DETAILS : School fees receipt paid in full,invitation letter from the school

Family : Marriage certificate,news
paper showing my change of name .
Children birth certificate, Consent letter from hubby.

Property : Evidence of Property and Address.

Sponsors details: My husband is paying for my flight ticket and accommodation,he gave me a letter of explaination stating that he will sponsor me.
His bank statement and his pay slip.

Personal document : My bank statement ,e.g saving and mutual funds.
My Pan Atlantic University Enterpreneurship certificate.
My personal income tax.
Finally a letter explaining my income as a business woman.
What type of Short course did you applied for and how much is the tuition paid and what's the duration of the program .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Belovedolu: 11:26pm On May 01, 2019
justwise:

The only money you people will be spending here is her ticket and maybe £200-300 for her shopping nothing more, so there is no need moving money into her account.

In addition to all the documents you listed you also have to add proof of accommodation e.g tenancy agreement or mortgage papers.

Let your siblings sponsoring write a joint letter stating that they will be sponsoring her to the UK and that they will be paying for her ticket while you takes care of her accommodation and feeding. That they will also give her £200 or so amount for her shopping.

Then they will submit their bank statements, payment slips and employment letter just to support their source of income.
@justwise I'm in a fix right now. Finding it difficult to answer some questions here because of my mum's situation, she's just a petty trader and gets money from children every month (no fixed amount)
1. How much do you earn in a year?
I intend writing #300000

2.Total amount of money you earn in a year
I intend writing 750000

3. How much do you have in savings? 650GBP
4. How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK? £850
I am the one sponsoring. Budget is £650 for return flight ticket and £200 for shopping. I will be providing feeding and accommodation. Planned visit is for four months. Is this realistic?

5. What is the total amount of money you spend each month? #25000

6. Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit? Yes
7. How much will they be paying? £850
8. Why are they helping to pay for your visit? She is my daughter and I am dependent on her and my other children

Please help your girl. My head is scattering with all these questions, tier 2 application was not like this. Please and please, I need to submit her application ASAP.
Is it advisable to mention in the application that I just had a baby and I want here so that we could reunite and for her to bond with her new grandchild?

Will a closing balance of £2700 fly?

I have few cash deposits, one £220 and £400, all gotten from cash gifts gathered during my baby's naming, do I need to explain all these?

Abeg no vex o, plenty questions for my head

Thank you in anticipation of your usual kind gesture. God bless you plenty plenty
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:51pm On May 02, 2019
Belovedolu:

@justwise I'm in a fix right now. Finding it difficult to answer some questions here because of my mum's situation, she's just a petty trader and gets money from children every month (no fixed amount)
1. How much do you earn in a year?
I intend writing #300000

2.Total amount of money you earn in a year
I intend writing 750000

3. How much do you have in savings? 650GBP
4. How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK? £850
I am the one sponsoring. Budget is £650 for return flight ticket and £200 for shopping. I will be providing feeding and accommodation. Planned visit is for four months. Is this realistic?

5. What is the total amount of money you spend each month? #25000

6. Will anyone be paying towards the cost of your visit? Yes
7. How much will they be paying? £850
8. Why are they helping to pay for your visit? She is my daughter and I am dependent on her and my other children

Please help your girl. My head is scattering with all these questions, tier 2 application was not like this. Please and please, I need to submit her application ASAP.
Is it advisable to mention in the application that I just had a baby and I want here so that we could reunite and for her to bond with her new grandchild?

Will a closing balance of £2700 fly?

I have few cash deposits, one £220 and £400, all gotten from cash gifts gathered during my baby's naming, do I need to explain all these?

Abeg no vex o, plenty questions for my head

Thank you in anticipation of your usual kind gesture. God bless you plenty plenty

Busy now will reply before the end of the day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Belovedolu: 2:16pm On May 02, 2019
justwise:

Busy now will reply before the end of the day
God bless you. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chukyrooy(m): 2:34pm On May 02, 2019
Infiosa:

Thank you Infiosa,

I called the UKVI office in London and spoke with their staff, and he specifically pleaded that i cancel and re apply, he said i might get the visa but the mistake might be repeated on the visa page which might in turn affect me at a later date, or on arrival in the UK. so I have cancelled and reapplied again but got a later date for submission. which is like 5 weeks to my intended travel date.

Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.