Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530072 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hi gurus in the house!!! please I have just a question..
Does anyone know the right address to write the Eco with?.
whether be it by post or electronically... Thanks as I await your reply..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 4:11pm On Apr 29, 2016
what are you applying for? and is it from nigeria you applying?

wallg123:
Hi gurus in the house!!!
please I have just a question..

Does anyone know the right address to write the Eco with?.

whether be it by post or electronically... Thanks as I await your reply..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
my solicitor from the uk wants to write them ... so the reason for my question.
its regarding a spouse application I made and was rejected and am awaiting the appeal hearing later this year...
there's a new development in my case that I'd like to bring to the notice of the Eco. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
and yes am in Nigeria but the appeal was made by my spouse in the Uk ... I hope this clarifies ur questions .. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
wallg123:
my solicitor from the uk wants to write them ... so the reason for my question.
its regarding a spouse application I made and was rejected and am awaiting the appeal hearing later this year...
there's a new development in my case that I'd like to bring to the notice of the Eco. Thanks

If your solicitor does't know then he is not a serious solicitor and you should not waste your money on him.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by friendly101: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
nairacountry:

It is solely not about what you fill but much more about what you file.
What's your monthly income? Is it verifiable without any sharp practices (ur SoA will confirm that)
What's the proportion of your disposable monthly income to the cost to you personally for this journey (it shouldn't be more than 2months'or a little above).
For instance, you can not be earning say 100k (monthly income b4 disposables)per month and you want to go on vacation at the cost of 350k (available for this journey). The question will be why would you work for 5months and spend on 10days vacation?

Also, cost to you is stated 400£? For feeding, flight,local transport and accommodation for how many days;
Hope you get the message.

ITS FOR 12DAYS BUT THINKING OF REDUCING IT TO 350 POUNDS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
Friendly101, £400 can not be enough for flight, hotel, feeding and local transport all for 12days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 1:35am On Apr 30, 2016
Thanks @just wise for your advice... please direct me as regards the address of the Eco.. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lewiskay(m): 6:13am On Apr 30, 2016
hello house, i reeally appreciated your comment and advice, am a guy that has applied 3times for uk visa and was granted, i recentlt applied for a visa visa for me and my sister, am her sponsor and i she work in university in benin city. she was refused a visa while i was granted and i told them am going to uk because i promised her she will go with my. below is the embassy reasons for her refusal.
i have refused your application for visit because i am not satisfied that you meet the requirment of ...................... immigration rules.
althoug you stated your brother \is your financially sponsor i also take into consideration your personal and financial circumstance in nigeria.
you stated your apllication that you are single and are employed as higer excutive officer in the university earn 84.542.17 ( 292.58 permonth) you supplied zenith bank statement submiited and do not support recepit of this income. from the info on your application form and the document you have submiited. i am not satisfied that your employment and income is as stated. i am not satisfied that your econonic circumstance are settled and that they constitute ties thattend to support your stated intention to leave uk.
HOUSE i 4got to add the bank statement where salary show. but i dnt take it also because its just salary that goes in there and no reasonable fund there. only the zenith bank is her main account has 550k. she works in university a federal uni. what shoul i do since i cant go without her, she is the reason i applied for uk visa. thank
Hope justwise is here and other experts
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pidggin(f): 6:18am On Apr 30, 2016
Hi gurus, my aunt paid for her visa fees through paga. She got an email that her transaction was successful, but on logging in to the visa4uk website she discovered that her payment was not registered, but money was deducted from her account, what should she do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 6:28am On Apr 30, 2016
there is a link to guide you through the process ... you should take your time to read through and please know that i will be worried a bit if i were you because if the lawyer do not have a clue on address then their is a problem.
You know him or her better but so many crappy lawyers are in london...

https://www.nairaland.com/3048340/application-made-outside-uk-refused

wallg123:
and yes am in Nigeria but the appeal was made by my spouse in the Uk ... I hope this clarifies ur questions .. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by friendly101: 7:07am On Apr 30, 2016
nairacountry:
Friendly101, £400 can not be enough for flight, hotel, feeding and local transport all for 12days

The 400 is for feeding and local transport excluding flight,hotel.
Flight and hotel have been taken care off.
The total amount to be spent is 1053.....
The 1053 include feeding,local transport,hotel and flight.
Will repost the breakdown....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2016
lewiskay:

hello house, i reeally appreciated your comment and advice, am a guy that has applied 3times for uk visa and was granted, i recentlt applied for a visa visa for me and my sister, am her sponsor and i she work in university in benin city. she was refused a visa while i was granted and i told them am going to uk because i promised her she will go with my. below is the embassy reasons for her refusal.
i have refused your application for visit because i am not satisfied that you meet the requirment of ...................... immigration rules.
althoug you stated your brother \is your financially sponsor i also take into consideration your personal and financial circumstance in nigeria.
you stated your apllication that you are single and are employed as higer excutive officer in the university earn 84.542.17 ( 292.58 permonth) you supplied zenith bank statement submiited and do not support recepit of this income. from the info on your application form and the document you have submiited. i am not satisfied that your employment and income is as stated. i am not satisfied that your econonic circumstance are settled and that they constitute ties thattend to support your stated intention to leave uk.
HOUSE i 4got to add the bank statement where salary show. but i dnt take it also because its just salary that goes in there and no reasonable fund there. only the zenith bank is her main account has 550k. she works in university a federal uni. what shoul i do since i cant go without her, she is the reason i applied for uk visa. thank

Can you list those documents you submitted on her behalf for the visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:12am On Apr 30, 2016
wallg123:
Thanks @just wise for your advice...
please direct me as regards the address of the Eco..
Thanks

If you take a look at the refusal letter and other documents from HomeOffice you will see the address. When you are refused spouse visa they will include other documents for your appeal and address to send the appeal.

Ask your wife or that useless solicitor to get the address from that refusal package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 7:21am On Apr 30, 2016
It is simple... if funds are available ...she should resubmit a fresh application and make sure she satisfy them with what they required... that is showing pay slips and introduction letter from employers ..

To give a clear understanding you can try to attach the refusal paper along with the document list @justwise requested.

lewiskay:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 7:31am On Apr 30, 2016
U nor dey take advise? Sir Justwise advised u earlier, u re still asking for address.
Oya go ask google.

wallg123:
Thanks @just wise for your advice...
please direct me as regards the address of the Eco..
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lewiskay(m): 7:58am On Apr 30, 2016
Payslips
Zenithbank acct statement wit fund abt 550k
Her internal memo of work transfers within the university.
Passport.
An introduction letter from her institution. But this intent travel and return date was not stated in the letter but sugned and with skol letter headed paper.
A letter of support all expenses to be soley responsible by me.
Her work id card and health insurance work id card.
Employment letter.
And her letter of interview for employment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 8:49am On Apr 30, 2016
@Na Godwin if u no get contribution for my matter try keep mute.

Please whoever has the right address to write the Entry clearance officer should help me out....
thanks ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 8:54am On Apr 30, 2016
Thanks very much @tunderule2016... God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wallg123: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2016
Thank you @Justwise just saw your response ... it makes loads of sense .... I appreciate your time .... God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2016
lewiskay:
Payslips
Zenithbank acct statement wit fund abt 550k

Her internal memo of work transfers within the university.
Passport.
An introduction letter from her institution. But this intent travel and return date was not stated in the letter but sugned and with skol letter headed paper.
A letter of support all expenses to be soley responsible by me.
Her work id card and health insurance work id card.
Employment letter.
And her letter of interview for employment.

Is that yours or hers?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2016
wallg123:
Thank you @Justwise just saw your response ... it makes loads of sense .... I appreciate your time .... God bless you.

All the very best bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sisiyen: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2016
Hello House, How much will GTB deduct from my mastercard for a 2years UK visa of 509$??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by friendly101: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2016
WHAT IS YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM ALL SOURCES OF EMPLOYMENT OR OCCUPATION, AFTER TAX - 137,000 (added both my salary and profit from my small business)

DO YOU HAVE SAVINGS, PROPERTIES OR OTHER INCOME, FOR EXAMPLE FROM STOCKS AND SHARES? YES

TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM OTHER SOURCES INCLUDING FRIENDS AND FAMILY - 50,000 (please does this include profits and gains from business as well. Because the 50,000 I stated is what I get from rents per month and small business )

HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND EACH MONTH ON LIVING COSTS? - 35,000

HOW MUCH OF YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME IS GIVEN TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER DEPENDANTS? - 15,000

WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP? - 294,198.11 NGN

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP - 294,198.11 NGN

THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS - 156,639.09 NGN

THE COST OF ACCOMMODATION - 41,914.33 NGN

COST OF YOUR LIVING EXPENSES - 101,918.47 NGN

IS SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU PAYING FOR ALL OR A PART OF YOUR TRIP? No

PLEASE SELECT WHAT THE RELATIONSHIP IS OF THE PERSON WHO IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PAYMENT OF YOUR TRIP? None

HOW MUCH WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR TRIP? - NONE

WHAT IS THE TOTAL AMOUNT? - 294,198.11 NGN

thank you all for ur advice and contribution after all you have said and advised.............please find below the breakdown in naira .

I am open to any advice or suggestions.
just don't wanna make a silly mistake.

cc tuned
cc justwise
cc frontpagelawyer
cc nairacountry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lewiskay(m): 10:52am On Apr 30, 2016
Her ! I was issued a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2016
lewiskay:
Her ! I was issued a visa.

I was referring to bank details you posted. Is that her bank detail and payslips?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:04am On Apr 30, 2016
friendly101:
WHAT IS YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM ALL SOURCES OF EMPLOYMENT OR OCCUPATION, AFTER TAX - 137,000 (added both my salary and profit from my small business)

DO YOU HAVE SAVINGS, PROPERTIES OR OTHER INCOME, FOR EXAMPLE FROM STOCKS AND SHARES? YES

TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME FROM OTHER SOURCES INCLUDING FRIENDS AND FAMILY - 50,000 (please does this include profits and gains from business as well. Because the 50,000 I stated is what I get from rents per month and small business )

HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND EACH MONTH ON LIVING COSTS? - 35,000

HOW MUCH OF YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME IS GIVEN TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER DEPENDANTS? - 15,000

WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP? - 294,198.11 NGN

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP - 294,198.11 NGN

THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS - 156,639.09 NGN

THE COST OF ACCOMMODATION - 41,914.33 NGN

COST OF YOUR LIVING EXPENSES - 101,918.47 NGN

IS SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOU PAYING FOR ALL OR A PART OF YOUR TRIP? No

PLEASE SELECT WHAT THE RELATIONSHIP IS OF THE PERSON WHO IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE PAYMENT OF YOUR TRIP? None

HOW MUCH WILL THEY BE PAYING TOWARDS YOUR TRIP? - NONE

WHAT IS THE TOTAL AMOUNT? - 294,198.11 NGN

thank you all for ur advice and contribution after all you have said and advised.............please find below the breakdown in naira .

I am open to any advice or suggestions.
just don't wanna make a silly mistake.

cc tuned
cc justwise
cc frontpagelawyer
cc nairacountry

1.These figures need to be in £s and you can use oanda to convert it because you are going to spend in £ and UK embassy uses that website to convert.

2. These two questions does not mean the same thing so their answers should not be the same:

a) WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP? - 294,198.11 NGN

b) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP - 294,198.11 NGN

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by friendly101: 11:12am On Apr 30, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation after tax. Total should be in Naira and Not Pound

[b][/b]What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK. Enter 1053 GBP. Don't get confused with the question, you should enter the same amount you have in this question "What money is available to you for your trip" The question is simple
. How much of your personal money will you spend on the proposed trip? since you are the sole sponsor and you're spending 1053GBP. Then it's fine.

You don't have to lose sleep over this. Just fill your form correctly and be realistic with your budget.

@justwise I followed frontpagelawyer advice.............
please check the bold part.........
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:28am On Apr 30, 2016
friendly101:

@justwise I followed frontpagelawyer advice.............
please check the bold part.........

I understand that but when you are budging for a trip to the UK or other countries you use their currency, that helps you to get it as accurate as possible.

The embassy uses that website to convert naira to £ because you are going to spend in pound and that is the only way to calculate the actual cost to you.

The a and b question... they asked you those two questions because they know that their answers are different, if they are the same then there is no point asking you the same question x2.

If the cost of this trip is £1000 then you are not leaving Nigeria with £1000 because that is suicidal.

The question asked you..how much will this trip cost you and how much do you have with you?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ronvlaar: 11:31am On Apr 30, 2016
Uhmmm... I really dunno where n how to start. I've actually flipped through some of the pages in this section and I must say u guys are doing a nice job.

Ok, I work and sch (MSC) here in Nigeria but my gf stays in the UK with her fam, we're planning for me to come and spend 2weeks (of course she'd take care of accommodation, feeding, shopping n the likes)

Now my questions are:
What is expected of me to do here to make this happen?
What likely questions will be asked at d embassy?
Tho I think I'll still have more questions to ask...

I'm trusting on u guys to provide me with adequate answers.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2016
ronvlaar:
Uhmmm... I really dunno where n how to start. I've actually flipped through some of the pages in this section and I must say u guys are doing a nice job.

Ok, I work and sch (MSC) here in Nigeria but my gf stays in the UK with her fam, we're planning for me to come and spend 2weeks (of course she'd take care of accommodation, feeding, shopping n the likes)

Now my questions are:
What is expected of me to do here to make this happen?
What likely questions will be asked at d embassy?

Tho I think I'll still have more questions to ask...

I'm trusting on u guys to provide me with adequate answers.
Thanks.

1. Get your documents (been listed here far too many times) and apply for visa

2. The embassy hardly call for an interview for visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ronvlaar: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:

1. Get your documents (been listed here far too many times) and apply for visa

2. The embassy hardly call for an interview for visiting visa

Thanks @justwise, I'll check previous pages for the documents needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.