Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533525 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2016
grabeconnie:

Well, I am worried because you and I know what people can do especially if visa is not successful. Just making sure he is okay.

That is why am asking. And there is no crime in asking a question.

Don't want any further comment please.
Ok sir. Please bring the padlock so u can lock my key pad.
If you are worried, DO THE PROPER thing.
Just pointing it out to you that at this point, you aren't and you are attempting to invade another man's privacy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugarbuddy: 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
Dear All,

I want to apply for B1/B2, I was refuse visa 3yrs ago. I have tried severally back in the 90's with different agent when I was single and in my last application( First Family Application) I did not indicate that I have tried in the 90's.

I have travel history now with my family and I want to come clean in my new application. How do I go about it and what are my chances of getting the visa

Then I have the intention of staying back in the 90's but now I don't. Please I need your advice. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Question1: 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
seyewest:
No one can tell you what your chances are?

Where should I apply from, Nigeria or Ghana?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
Question1:

Where should I apply from, Nigeria or Ghana?

The country in which you reside.
All your records are on computer and can be accessed anwhere in the world.
So tell the truth!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Question1: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
worry359:

The country in which you reside.
All your records are on computer and can be accessed anwhere in the world.
So tell the truth!

Tell the truth about what please?

I'm a Level 400 Student of Regent University College Of Science and Technology Accra Ghana, studying Economics with computing. What information do I need to provide for you again, because you'll never believe simple truth.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ok sir. Please bring the padlock so u can lock my key pad.
If you are worried, DO THE PROPER thing.
Just pointing it out to you that at this point, you aren't and you are attempting to invade another man's privacy

Well, got in touch with him. And he got his visa yesterday at Lagos
7:45am appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Question1: 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
@Lady G and others.

Please I want you to advice me on the best time to submit Visa application? I want to travel December to visit my cousin, Also I will be applying from Ghana as I have a student Permit which will expire next year April.

God bless you as you advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Very interesting thread. How I just love it here! The good, the bad, and the ugly!!! Greetings to you all, great and productive week ahead for us all.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by NaGodwin: 12:53am On Sep 04, 2016
Who e concern?
I guess after they approved his visa, the VO asked him to put off his phone/phones for 24Hours grin
When cooking up your stories, you should be smart about it.

grabeconnie:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
Question1:

Tell the truth about what please?

I'm a Level 400 Student of Regent University College Of Science and Technology Accra Ghana, studying Economics with computing. What information do I need to provide for you again, because you'll never believe simple truth.
You are adviced to apply from you have ties. Between Naija and Ghana, IMO Ghana is the place you have most ties being a student there with a resident permit.
But is being a 4 th year student sufficent ties to get a visa? I know not.
When can u apply? ASAP. It dosent add or take away from anything though you can't be going for a wedding next december and applying now. Just apply withing reasonable time. 6 months is ok sha for me

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Question1: 1:44am On Sep 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

You are adviced to apply from you have ties. Between Naija and Ghana, IMO Ghana is the place you have most ties being a student there with a resident permit.
But is being a 4 th year student sufficent ties to get a visa? I know not.
When can u apply? ASAP. It dosent add or take away from anything though you can't be going for a wedding next december and applying now. Just apply withing reasonable time. 6 months is ok sha for me

Many thanks General

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaydee01: 10:57am On Sep 05, 2016
Please i adjusted my ds form and got a new barcode obviously..... i thought it would update automatically........ wasted time and money to abj just to be turned back at the front desk, i presented the former form and the guy (make i no cause am) still wont bulge and asked me to book another appointment ..... long story short the paper write stated i can book another date with my receipt num without paying extra........... tried to schedule another appointment date/change the appointment date and it still gave the same error response that "No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for"[i][/i].

Please Help.

see attached

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2016
kaydee01:

Please Help.

see attached
Bros take it easy jooo.... Wait for 48 hours or more for your records to be restored and how do you expect them to make right your mistake? Did you informed them of the changes to your DS160 1 week before your interview? Anyway you have one more chances and I will advise you to change your ds160 data and number to conform with your current appointment date whenever you choose another date. This happen alot so there's no problem.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by obasiete: 11:36am On Sep 05, 2016
kaydee01:
Please i adjusted my ds form and got a new barcode obviously..... i thought it would update automatically........ wasted time and money to abj just to be turned back at the front desk, i presented the former form and the guy (make i no cause am) still wont bulge and asked me to book another appointment ..... long story short the paper write stated i can book another date with my receipt num without paying extra........... tried to schedule another appointment date/change the appointment date and it still gave the same error response that "No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for"[i][/i].

Please Help.

see attached

Happened to my mother. What I did for her was to call the embassy on her behalf. The lady asked for my mother's records which I gave her. She created a new appointment account for her and asked me to use the new account to schedule an appointment. It worked. My advice, call the embassy. I lost the contact would have given you. LadyG or others may have the number.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by obasiete: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2016
Hello house. I know D's thread is for US, please permit me to ask. Does anyone know how I can get Swaziland Tourist visa? Where is their embassy in Nigeria? I couldn't find any useful info online reason why I am asking. Thanks for your help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by obasiete: 11:48am On Sep 05, 2016
generalmayor11:
Good afternoon everyone my friend attending GIAMA event in Houston by October he has a travel experience to South Africa Kenya Tanzania Swaziland

U comment shows that ur friend has been to SWAZILAND. Kindly connect me with ur friend I want to get a Swaziland visa. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
ifeoluwasegun:

Thank God I just booked an appointment for September 1 now, lucky to have that date though... and I'm sure I'm gonna come again and Thank God again for the complete favourable success eventually.

So help me God!

Yeah, I did went for the Interview on September 01, 2016 and as promised, I'll narrate my denial ordeal here. Go through the transcript, the denial reason is quite obvious...

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning, and a pleasant new month you.
VO: Thanks, pls pass me your passport.
VO: Where in the US are you going
Me: Houston TX
VO: Why are you traveling there
Me: To be relaxed of stress and widen my creative horizon for a software development project
VO: Okay, where do you work?
Me: *********
VO: Your duties at work
Me: **Carefully Narrates** (Though not word-for-word as filled up online, but I was still saying the same thing, my duties)
VO: Okay, you made mention of Project the other time
Me: Yes, absolutely.
VO: Tell me about it.
Me: I gently narrated the whole thing
VO: So, you're a Programmer (typing profusely)
Me: Yeah
VO: What are the programs you use for your programming (typing profusely)
Me: I use C++, Python
VO: Okay... Have you done any project before (typing profusely)
Me: Yes, for a school database
VO: Okay (typed for a little longer period) **pauses for a second**
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have any kid?
Me: No, I mean I'm still single
VO: Oh dear, you can have a kid and not be married, it's possible.
Me: Alright, but I'm just single and with no kid.
VO: **Pauses and rests his back for some seconds, then draws his rotatable seat nearer to the cubicle**
VO: I'm sorry I won't be able to approve your application at this moment, please you can reapply later (sharpaly brings out the blue paper)
Me: ***Smiled and received the denial blue paper*** Thank you very much. Do have a great day ahead.

So, apart from marriage, do anyone notice any other mistake... and how soon may I reapply, I'm planning to go back after a year. Plus, che person go come dey rush marriage because of another country? That's absurd... that Singles can no longer travel to US is highly ridiculous.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
ifeoluwasegun:

Yeah, I did went for the Interview on September 01, 2016 and as promised, I'll narrate my denial ordeal here. Go through the transcript, the denial reason is quite obvious...

So, apart from marriage, do anyone notice any other mistake... and how soon may I reapply, I'm planning to go back after a year. Plus, che person go come dey rush marriage because of another country? That's absurd... that Singles can no longer travel to US is highly ridiculous.

Please
Please tell us exactly what was written on your rejection letter.
Something like 214b or mention of funds.
Then we can look at your case and advise.

What you think may not be what the VO was thinking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omegainterior: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
Bros our story sound similar o....I was refused for being single in April, and stated clearly on the blue paper that I have no strong family ties here in the country..and that im free to reapply once my status has changed...I planned to reapply by next year, and I dont honestly know how to go about my application...pls advice guru in the house...thanks.
ifeoluwasegun:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning, and a pleasant new month you.
VO: Thanks, pls pass me your passport.
VO: Where in the US are you going
Me: Houston TX
VO: Why are you traveling there
Me: To be relaxed of stress and widen my creative horizon for a software development project
VO: Okay, where do you work?
Me: *********
VO: Your duties at work
Me: **Carefully Narrates** (Though not word-for-word as filled up online, but I was still saying the same thing, my duties)
VO: Okay, you made mention of Project the other time
Me: Yes, absolutely.
VO: Tell me about it.
Me: I gently narrated the whole thing
VO: So, you're a Programmer (typing profusely)
Me: Yeah
VO: What are the programs you use for your programming (typing profusely)
Me: I use C++, Python
VO: Okay... Have you done any project before (typing profusely)
Me: Yes, for a school database
VO: Okay (typed for a little longer period) **pauses for a second**
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Do you have any kid?
Me: No, I mean I'm still single
VO: Oh dear, you can have a kid and not be married, it's possible.
Me: Alright, but I'm just single and with no kid.
VO: **Pauses and rests his back for some seconds, then draws his rotatable seat nearer to the cubicle**
VO: I'm sorry I won't be able to approve your application at this moment, please you can reapply later (sharpaly brings out the blue paper)
Me: ***Smiled and received the denial blue paper*** Thank you very much. Do have a great day ahead.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
worry359:

Please
Please tell us exactly what was written on your rejection letter.
Something like 214b or mention of funds.
Then we can look at your case and advise.

What you think may not be what the VO was thinking.

Section 214b
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
ifeoluwasegun:

Section 214b

The VO. was not satisfied that you would return home after your visit.
This is Strong ties to prove return home.
USA. rules state that you will immigrate unless you prove otherwise!

Best things are letter from employer stating return to work on a set date.
Family and children.
Managed landed property.
Healthy bank account.

Single and unemployed are very bad.

Read back and you will see many examples.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
omegainterior:
Bros our story sound similar o....I was refused for being single in April, and stated clearly on the blue paper that I have no strong family ties here in the country..and that im free to reapply once my status has changed...I planned to reapply by next year, and I dont honestly know how to go about my application...pls advice guru in the house...thanks.
How will I explain this?
Everybody is assumed a 'runaway' until something in your application sweets the VO's belle.
So they look at your form and nothing really stands out . There's nothing in the form that will bring u back (#invo'svoice)
My friend is still single but has a us visa. I guess the fact that she works in an american company and had previous travel history was sweeted the vo's belle.
The fact that you're single alone or without a bus load of babies isn't the only issue.
A change in your personal circumstance may sweet the next vo's belle . Eg change or promotion in job, increase in salary, travel history and of course marriage. (All for real and not manufactured)
Pele o! Manage my grammer.
Cc:Ifeoluwasegun

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

How will I explain this?
Everybody is assumed a 'runaway' until something in your application sweets the VO's belle.
So they look at your form and nothing really stands out . There's nothing in the form that will bring u back (#invo'svoice)
My friend is still single but has a us visa. I guess the fact that she works in an american company and had previous travel history was sweeted the vo's belle.
The fact that you're single alone or without a bus load of babies isn't the only issue.
A change in your personal circumstance may sweet the next vo's belle . Eg change or promotion in job, increase in salary, travel history and of course marriage. (All for real and not manufactured)

I must actually confess, it was a good time spent with the VO

I paid nd didn't regret the visa fee which I paid to learn the experience gained. Now I know what it takes.

The second application hopefully in October 2017 is gonna be a goodnews I pray, with all paid and unpaid for experiences.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
ifeoluwasegun:

I must actually confess, it was a good time spent with the VO

I paid nd didn't regret the visa fee which I paid to learn the experience gained. Now I know what it takes.

The second application hopefully in October 2017 is gonna be a goodnews I pray, with all paid and unpaid for experiences.

Right attitude, right spirit. Live your life!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by whiiteroses(f): 7:18am On Sep 06, 2016
@worry359 & @ladyG

School can be a tie to return back home right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:49am On Sep 06, 2016
whiiteroses:
@worry359 & @ladyG

School can be a tie to return back home right?

Not a very good tie.
Too many people in the past have abandoned school to get into USA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omegainterior: 10:10am On Sep 06, 2016
Thanks LadyGuinivere, all said r well noted..God bless u
LadyGuinivere:

How will I explain this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by obasiete: 10:26am On Sep 06, 2016
Transcript for my mother. Last two weeks.

V.O: good Morning
Mom: Good Morning
V.O: passport
Mom: Gave passport
V.O: where are you going
Mom: I am going to .........
V.O: who is inviting u
Mom: she mentioned
V.O: how do you know them
Mom: They are my family friends
V.O: How long have you known them
Mom: For over 20 years
V.O: what do you do
Mom: Stay at home and assist my husband in business
V.O: what does your husband do
Mom: We have a sugar.................
V.O: Who is sponsoring you
Mom: My daughter, she is ............
V.O: Who is Joseph...........
Mom didn't hear well, she said "He is my husband" The person shares same name with my dad.
V.O: I mean who is Joseph..........
She heard the other name well this time, she said "He is my family friend" We have known for long.
V.O: Pick up your passport in three days time.

My mom ehhhhh! She no go kill me. When she came out, She didn't smile at all. I almost pee for cloth. I asked her what happened. Her response was, "I don tire, the stress is too much". Na so my whole system scatter. While I was trying to gather words to comfort her, she broke the news. "I was given this paper to go pick the passport in three days time". Immediately I told her to wait for me to pee that I would come back to meet her.

Thanks all for your contributions. I joined this thread not long ago and I have learnt a lot.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by obasiete: 10:27am On Sep 06, 2016
grabeconnie:

GOT VISA AND SWITCHED OFF PHONE, EVEN IGNORING THE ONE WHO HELPED IN FILLING HIS VISA APPLICATION FORM? TERRIBLE!

IT MEANS WHEN HE FINALLY ENTERS UNITED STATE, ALL YOUR HELP WOULD BE SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET, YOUR NAME ERASED FROM MEMORY.

BROS IF I BE YOU I GO TURN Agent NOW AND COLLECT MY MONEY Kia Kia. I don warn you ooo. Collect your money. Whether they gave Visa or not. If not, iga akwa mmakwara! (U go cry had I known).

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:37am On Sep 06, 2016
obasiete:
grabeconnie:

GOT VISA AND SWITCHED OFF PHONE, EVEN IGNORING THE ONE WHO HELPED IN FILLING HIS VISA APPLICATION FORM? TERRIBLE!

IT MEANS WHEN HE FINALLY ENTERS UNITED STATE, ALL YOUR HELP WOULD BE SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET, YOUR NAME ERASED FROM MEMORY.

BROS IF I BE YOU I GO TURN Agent NOW AND COLLECT MY MONEY Kia Kia. I don warn you ooo. Collect your money. Whether they gave Visa or not. If not, iga akwa mmakwara! (U go cry had I known).
Anya adiro gi mma o! cheesy grin
U are not a better someborry. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80