Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533429 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 10:26am On Sep 01, 2016
So, I had my interview today and got a denial.

My situation: I got married in July this year, my husband is a masters student in the US but I don't intend going there with him now because there is a high probability that he will come back home after his program.

My visa interview:
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Pass me your passport
Me: Here it is
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: To visit my husband
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a masters student in xxxx
VO: So why didn't you apply for F2?
Me: Because I have a thriving career here and I don't want to resign to go and sit for 1 year and come back here with my husband and we will both start looking for jobs (this is the truth)
VO: Do you have any kids?
Me: No, we got married in July this year
VO: Oh, congrats
Me: Thanks
VO: Sorry, but you are not qualified.........

And he handed me a blue paper stating 214(b) as reason. The thing that baffles me is that must I resign to go and sit and be doing nothing because my husband is schooling?. Or is there something I did wrong?

Anyways, I have no regret. I told them entire truth, too bad it was not good enough for them.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:44am On Sep 01, 2016
Jesusbabygirl:
So, I had my interview today and got a denial.

My situation: I got married in July this year, my husband is a masters student in the US but I don't intend going there with him now because there is a high probability that he will come back home after his program.

My visa interview:
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Pass me your passport
Me: Here it is
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: To visit my husband
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a masters student in xxxx
VO: So why didn't you apply for F2?
Me: Because I have a thriving career here and I don't want to resign to go and sit for 1 year and come back here with my husband and we will both start looking for jobs (this is the truth)
VO: Do you have any kids?
Me: No, we got married in July this year
VO: Oh, congrats
Me: Thanks
VO: Sorry, but you are not qualified.........

And he handed me a blue paper stating 214(b) as reason. The thing that baffles me is that must I resign to go and sit and be doing nothing because my husband is schooling?. Or is there something I did wrong?

Anyways, I have no regret. I told them entire truth, too bad it was not good enough for them.
My opnion? Must you resign to get an F1 visa? Its on the website that you shouldn't make long term plans till your visa is issued.
APply for an F2. Visit and come back. Nobody says you have to sit down in the US because u visited on an F visa. I know a person who has an F visa, lives and works in Canada and merely visits his wife.
Sorry about the waste of hard resources but the good thing is you didn't misrepresent and all you need is get the required documents from the school and evidence of financial what what so you can reapply

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

My opnion? Must you resign to get an F1 visa? Its on the website that you shouldn't make long term plans till your visa is issued.
APply for an F2. Visit and come back. Nobody says you have to sit down in the US because u visited on an F visa. I know a person who has an F visa, lives and works in Canada and merely visits his wife.
Sorry about the waste of hard resources but the good thing is you didn't misrepresent and all you need is get the required documents from the school and evidence of financial what what so you can reapply

Thanks for your response but except I am wrong, we will need to pay for health insurance for F2 visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:06am On Sep 01, 2016
Jesusbabygirl:

Thanks for your response but except I am wrong, we will need to pay for health insurance for F2 visa
How much is that one?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

How much is that one?

I don't know the exact amount, but whatever it is (likely above $1,000) I can't pay for health insurance for visiting for 2-3 weeks. It was even stated on their website that spouses of students that don't wish to stay should apply for B2, so I was in order.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2016
I booked my interview yesterday night and I was not surprised that the earliest available date (which I grumpily settled for) is 6 Weeks + away.

My DS 160 form travel dates are for early october, gurus in the house. Kindly help with a simplified version of what I should do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:23am On Sep 01, 2016
Jesusbabygirl:

I don't know the exact amount, but whatever it is (likely above $1,000) I can't pay for health insurance for visiting for 2-3 weeks. It was even stated on their website that spouses of students that don't wish to stay should apply for B2, so I was in order.
Okk. 1k is dear. BUT if that plan covers maternity nne buy it and KIV for child birth cheesy
Will be cheaper for you in the long run.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:26am On Sep 01, 2016
DMeanMan:
I booked my interview yesterday night and I was not surprised that the earliest available date (which I grumpily settled for) is 6 Weeks + away.

My DS 160 form travel dates are for early october, gurus in the house. Kindly help with a simplified version of what I should do.

1. Buy coffee and kola nut and sack your mai guard
2. Chop kolanut and coffee every night.
3. Stay awake and while doing the mai guard work keep refreshing the appointment page for earlier dates that MAY pop up if people cancelled their appointments.
5. If u see, you book and then re hire your mai guard cheesy

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
DMeanMan:

Apply for Expedited/Emergency Appointment, if you have genuine reasons......cos you'll be asked to provide it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
austinosita:

Apply for Expedited/Emergency Appointment, if you have genuine reasons......cos you'll be asked to provide it.
Expedited appointments is as the name implies...for emergencies. Vacation isn't an emergency.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Expedited appointments is as the name implies...for emergencies. Vacation isn't an emergency.

Oh sorry, I didn't know he applied for vacation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by generalmayor11(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
Lady G and fellow readers please i need your advice

I was at the embassy last week but i was denied a visa.... I stated in my Ds-160 form that i don't have anyone in the us.. But my wife sister wants to invite me and my wife to her daughter wedding next year April hope it not a problem for me because I'm confused
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
generalmayor11:
Good afternoon everyone my friend attending GIAMA event in Houston by October he has a travel experience to South Africa Kenya Tanzania Swaziland please what are his chances of getting a visa and likely questions the VO might ask him...
You have 2 options.
1. Wait for a United states VO to come and give him his chances and likely questions or;
2. You start reading the transcripts of people that have been to the embassy and find out the common questions.
But wait o! Even the VO's don't give chances so I guess u have just one option.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. Buy coffee and kola nut and sack your mai guard
2. Chop kolanut and coffee every night.
3. Stay awake and while doing the mai guard work keep refreshing the appointment page for earlier dates that MAY pop up if people cancelled their appointments.
5. If u see, you book and then re hire your mai guard cheesy

Buh I don't have a mai guard embarassed embarassed

Ok, I'll fire him anyway cheesy wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
austinosita:

Thanks,

I'm going for a 2 weeks Training and I believe the date is somewhat flexible, just have a mail to the training provider will do the magic.

My only query is[b] if and how[/b] to go about changing the DS-160 Form, I already attached with the payment receipt I have already submitted.

LadyGuinivere pls help wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
DMeanMan:

Thanks,

I'm going for a 2 weeks Training and I believe the date is somewhat flexible, just have a mail to the training provider will do the magic.

My only query is[b] if and how[/b] to go about changing the DS-160 Form, I already attached with the payment receipt I have already submitted.

LadyGuinivere pls help wink
Check page zero of the thread...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Izzystevens: 12:28am On Sep 02, 2016
You can apply for an expedited date cos i had the same challenge.
I filled my DS160 by late July and got Sept 11th while my conference is scheduled for Sept 9th. I went ahead to choose d Sept 11th then mailed the Consulate explaining that i intended to leave by 6th, blah blah blah.

Pls note that i attached my payment invoice for d event + invitation sent by the organisers, all reflecting the conference date.
I was allowed to reschedule frm Sept to Aug and i chose 11th Aug.

DMeanMan:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:02am On Sep 02, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

You have 2 options.
1. Wait for a United states VO to come and give him his chances and likely questions or;
2. You start reading the transcripts of people that have been to the embassy and find out the common questions.
But wait o! Even the VO's don't give chances so I guess u have just one option.

Visa officers have stated many times!
They are not a betting service, they do not give odds on getting visa! grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunzo: 2:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
My good people, our visa was approved this morning ( me and my wife) Nothing but favour of God .
No travel experience for both of us.

Our 2minutes interview transcript loading.............

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunzo: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
kunzo:
My good people, our visa was approved this morning ( me and my wife) Nothing but favour of God .
No travel experience for both of us.

Our 2minutes interview transcript loading.............

We got our passport in may this year like play as advised by my brother in law, we don't have any plan to travel at all. With the help of this forum, I completed the online application form, paid the visa fee for both of us. Today at lagos embassy 9:30am

Vo: Good morning

Me and my wife : morning

Vo : your passport please

wife : gave him

Vo : where are you going in the US

wife : told him

Vo : do you know anybody there?

Wife : yes, my brother

Me : brother in law ( almost at the same time)

Vo: how did he get to USA

Wife : to do his masters ( now a us citizen)

Vo : how many kids did your brother

Wife : 2 kids

Vo : where do you work

Me : I work with.......... Bank plc.

Vo : what do in......... Bank

Me : I told him in one sentence no story

Vo : how long have you been with the bank

Me: 9years by September 17

Vo : madam what do you do

Wife : business woman selling baby things

Vo : have you pple travel before?

Chorus : no

Vo : congratulations, pick up your....................... Honestly I did not hear what the man said.

This visa really gave me serious high blood pressure because I don't want rejection and many people were being denied today . Special thanks goes to Seyewest, lady G and others, I learnt a lot. No document was checked.

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
kunzo:

We got our passport in may this year like play as advised by my brother in law, we don't have any plan to travel at all. With the help of this forum, I completed the online application form, paid the visa fee for both of us. Today at lagos embassy 9:30am
Vo: Good morning
Me and my wife : morning
Vo : your passport please
wife : gave him
Vo : where are you going in the US
wife : told him
Vo : do you know anybody there?
Wife : yes, my brother
Me : brother in law ( almost at the same time)
Vo: how did he get to USA
Wife : to do his masters ( now a us citizen)
Vo : how many kids did your brother
Wife : 2 kids
Vo : where do you work
Me : I work with.......... Bank plc.
Vo : what do in......... Bank
Me : I told him in one sentence no story
Vo : how long have you been with the bank
Me: 9years by September 17
Vo : madam what do you do
Wife : business woman selling baby things
Vo : have you pple travel before?
Chorus : no
Vo : congratulations, pick up your....................... Honestly I did not hear what the man said.
This visa really gave me serious high blood pressure because I don't want rejection and many people were being denied today . Special thanks goes to Seyewest, lady G and others, I learnt a lot. No document was checked.

Congrats bro... I'm sure your Job background really tells much in this success, above all give God all the glory...cheers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 03, 2016
Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine went for visa interview yesterday. I helped him to filled the form, and booked the interview appointment.

Since, he went for the interview, I have been unable to reach him to know the outcome of the interview. But I checked the dashboard of where I booked the appointment for him. It says the passport is still with the US embassy.

What does that mean?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
grabeconnie:
Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine went for visa interview yesterday. I helped him to filled the form, and booked the interview appointment.

Since, he went for the interview, I have been unable to reach him to know the outcome of the interview. But I checked the dashboard of where I booked the appointment for him. It says the passport is still with the US embassy.

What does that mean?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Keep on trying him. That's not the purpose of this thread. If he wanted you to know the outcome of his interview, he would have called u

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbanti: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
Agency tinz,don't worry u will get your balance@grabeconnie

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbanti: 1:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
Agency tinz,don't worry u will get your balance@grabeconnie meanwhile it is a forbidden on this forum
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
Kbanti:
Agency tinz,don't worry u will get your balance@grabeconnie

Agent ke? I am not an agent. He is just a friend that I helped.
He lived in different to attend the interview in Lagos, wife is worried. Just wondering if everything is okay with him.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Keep on trying him. That's not the purpose of this thread. If he wanted you to know the outcome of his interview, he would have called u

Not the purpose of the thread?
Thank anyway.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Question1: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hi guys

Please I want to apply for US visa to visit my cousin by December. Let me state here I am a Nigerian studying in a Ghanaian university with a Student Permit.

My questions are, when is the best time to apply? Should I apply from Nigeria or Ghana?, which will boost my chance of obtaining it?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
grabeconnie:

Not the purpose of the thread?
Thank anyway.
Yes. You want to pick people's brain to find out the statues of ANOTHER person's application.
There's a name for that and it isn't nice so I won't mention it.
I fail to see how knowing the status of an application can detect his whereabouts. Meanyl if he is missing and you are truly trying to help, by all means do the proper thing and notify the apprioprate law agency.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
kunzo:

Congrats bro... Our good news will not end IJN

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
Question1:
Hi guys

Please I want to apply for US visa to visit my cousin by December. Let me state here I am a Nigerian studying in a Ghanaian university with a Student Permit.

My questions are, when is the best time to apply? Should I apply from Nigeria or Ghana?, which will boost my chance of obtaining it?

Thanks
No one can tell you what your chances are?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes. You want to pick people's brain to find out the statues of ANOTHER person's application.
There's a name for that and it isn't nice so I won't mention it.
I fail to see how knowing the status of an application can detect his whereabouts. Meanyl if he is missing and you are truly trying to help, by all means do the proper thing and notify the apprioprate law agency.

Well, I am worried because you and I know what people can do especially if visa is not successful. Just making sure he is okay.

That is why am asking. And there is no crime in asking a question.

Don't want any further comment please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.