Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536101 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbeymaniak(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Unless you are abbeymaniak whom I replied I don't understand .. And I asked HIM to read back 5 pages....

LagosNiv And AbujaNIV are actual VOs who I'm addition to having thier own thread contribute here some times

Hello ma, pls have been checking all morning gone back 10 pages and still can't find the answer to my QST ma, pls help out ur boy ooo. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
abbeymaniak:

Hello ma, pls have been checking all morning gone back 10 pages and still can't find the answer to my QST ma, pls help out ur boy ooo. Thanks
I can't remember the answer very well. He said something about you being allowed to get a school there but u had to come back for something.
Use LagosNIV to search. You may find it faster

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

I can't remember the answer very well. He said something about you being allowed to get a school there but u had to come back for something.
Use LagosNIV to search. You may find it faster

Yeah, that was lately really. He should check the past 7-10 days post, it definitely should be there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Opeyemi007: 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hi Nairalanders. Good afternoon. Please, is it ideal to Glue an OLD passport To A new one or it wouldn't be accepted when presented at any embassy?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
URGENT REPLY PLEASE!!!!!!!!
my good people of this forum,please where is the passport book number located on the international passport aberg,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DebsMed: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
kessel:
my good people of this forum,please where is the passport book number located on the international passport aberg,

Tick Does Not Apply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
kessel:

There's fine print on the right hand side of the DS 160 form. It explains the meaning of each question asked. Please read carefully. That way you will know what applies or not.
No need to rush when filling.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
Opeyemi007:
Hi Nairalanders. Good afternoon. Please, is it ideal to Glue an OLD passport To A new one or it wouldn't be accepted when presented at any embassy?
Never glue passports. Best to use rubber band on the back cover of one to the front cover of the other.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
abbeymaniak:

Use the date to check for it Sept 16, I think I asked something related to that.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
Afternoon house .
Is a marriage certificate issued by a Local Govt Registry acceptable for traveling Purpose?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Opeyemi007: 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
salsera:

Never glue passports. Best to use rubber band on the back cover of one to the front cover of the other.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbeymaniak(m): 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
pheebe:

Use the date to check for it Sept 16, I think I asked something related to that.

Bros been at it all morning ooo, I swear nothing similar
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oludharey: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
Good afternoon friends,am planing to visit US with my family this December,my destination would be orlaƱdo,Florida because we intend to visit Disney world in Orlando,Florida.Am yet to apply for the visa,hope the recent hurricane flood in Florida won't affect the approval of the visa?pls I need advice. Your contributions would be welcome. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
abbeymaniak:

We need you to work and dig a little bit yourself. Just wondering what you are searching though, all pointers to put it at your fingertip have been given you by three of us on this thread, and you still can't find it, even with exact date given? And you have even done the worst by asking the VO in the wrong thread, he may answer you just because he needs to treat this either ways, but on a good day you would have regretted asking in the Immigrant Visa thread.... It is well, lemme coman be going home oh!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
abbeymaniak:

Nawa ooo

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbeymaniak(m): 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
pheebe:

Nawa ooo

Thank you sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
abbeymaniak:

Thank you sir

It Ma, not sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by otedola1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
Guru in house;
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by induce: 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
pls, am in same situation as you. i actually wanted to go for leave from 2wks and i had filled in 6th of november and i omitted a digit in my work phone number. i called and was told to fill another form but don't want issues coming up though i haven't paid the visa fee. please when you find a solution contact me via mail wendytripplec@yahoo.com. meanwhile, i checked and got abuja for the 12th of october as earliest date how can i change the location now when i had already submitted the form?

Stirmatthew:
I have been reading from here for a while now but I have not been able to locate answer to the question in my mind.

I need to attend a training in New York from Nov 6 but after submitting my DS 160 today the earliest available date for interview is Nov 6. I contacted the organiser and I was told to go for the visa interview and apply for January training since one week would have been gone before entering US but a friend told me that I can reschedule my appointment hoping to get October or Nov 1 due to people that will probably cancel their appointments.

Please what is the best option in this kind of case and do I need to fill another DS 160?

Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:28am On Sep 26, 2017
induce:
pls, am in same situation as you. i actually wanted to go for leave from 2wks and i had filled in 6th of november and i omitted a digit in my work phone number. i called and was told to fill another form but don't want issues coming up though i haven't paid the visa fee. please when you find a solution contact me via mail wendytripplec@yahoo.com. meanwhile, i checked and got abuja for the 12th of october as earliest date how can i change the location now when i had already submitted the form?

when he gets a solution that is different from what the embassy already gave you?! Ok

FYI whatever you have done so far remains meaningless until you actually pay and get a date

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by papi7: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2017
MY VISA INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT.

VO- Good morning
ME- Good morning
VO-Passport, please.
ME- Gave her the passport- ( the lady denied me about 7 weeks earlier, so i was praying n hoping i don't get sent to her post but guess what? the CGI dude sent me to go stand in front of her )
VO- Why do you want to go to the US.
ME- To go assist my wife, she traveled about 2 months ago for the birthing of our 2nd child so, would like to go assist her n all.
VO- Do you have a copy of her VISA?
ME- I didn't bring it. ( i left it in the car because last time she interviewed me, she was saying my wife traveled to the U.S. over 2 years now, and she hasn't returned, i told her that's not correct, so i told her i have a copy of her passport but she said she doesn't need it. )
VO- Is her last name same as yours?
ME- No, she hasn't change her Maiden name to mine yet.
VO- Can you spell her last name,please
ME- I did.
VO- I think i have seen you before, i will have to send you to another window.
( She called one of them CGI guys to come take me to another window. )

2nd VO

VO- Hi, passport pls,
ME- Gave him
VO- Where in U.S you going
ME- Told him
VO- Why do you want to travel to the U.S.
ME- To go assist my wife, she traveled about 2 months ago for the birthing of our 2nd child so, would like to go assist her n all.
ME- NO
VO- What do you do for work
ME- Told him
VO- How much you earn monthly
ME- TOLD HIM
VO- What does your wife do back here in lagos,
Me- Told him
VO- Do you have any travel history?
ME- Yes, been on a family vacation to ROME
VO- What did you see in ROME
ME- Told him many places we visited.
VO- How many days did you spend in rome
ME- 10 days
VO- When is the baby due
ME- Told him.
VO- Kept typing n reading stuffs on his PC.

VO- SIR, your visa has been approved, you can pick it up at this address on this paper.

Me- Thank you.

Hope this help anyone.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mzsunshine(f): 11:47am On Sep 26, 2017
Please I will like to know if the use embassy reschedules dates themselves. Because I am applying through and agency and they keep claiming that the us embassy keep changing my dates. This is the third time now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by james87871: 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
Good
papi7:
MY VISA INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT.

VO- Good morning
ME- Good morning
VO-Passport, please.
ME- Gave her the passport- ( the lady denied me about 7 weeks earlier, so i was praying n hoping i don't get sent to her post but guess what? the CGI dude sent me to go stand in front of her )
VO- Why do you want to go to the US.
ME- I didn't bring it. ( i left it in the car because last time she interviewed me, she was saying my wife traveled to the U.S. over 2 years now, and she hasn't returned, i told her that's not correct, so i told her i have a copy of her passport but she said she doesn't need it. )
VO- Is her last name same as yours?
ME- No, she hasn't change her Maiden name to mine yet.
VO- Can you spell her last name,please
ME- I did.
VO- I think i have seen you before, i will have to send you to another window.
( She called one of them CGI guys to come take me to another window. )

2nd VO

VO- Hi, passport pls,
ME- Gave him
VO- Where in U.S you going
ME- Told him
VO- Why do you want to travel to the U.S.
ME- NO
VO- What do you do for work
ME- Told him
VO- How much you earn monthly
ME- TOLD HIM
VO- What does your wife do back here in lagos,
Me- Told him
VO- Do you have any travel history?
ME- Yes, been on a family vacation to ROME
VO- What did you see in ROME
ME- Told him many places we visited.
VO- How many days did you spend in rome
ME- 10 days
VO- When is the baby due
ME- Told him.
VO- Kept typing n reading stuffs on his PC.

VO- SIR, your visa has been approved, you can pick it up at this address on this paper.

Me- Thank you.

Hope this help anyone.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by james87871: 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello
If travel to Ghana by road will Ghana only be chosen as travel history when filling ds form or Benin and Togo be inclusive ? And secondly if ask on the interview will Benin and Togo be mention as part of country visited .or will only mention Ghana
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunsmart: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
Good morning guys, silent reader here. I just finished my B1 visa interview at the US Consulate in Lagos. My visa was denied. Find below my transcript, in case it helps anyone, and for suggestions on probably

Me: Good Morning Sir.
VO: Good Morning, how are you doing?
Me: I'm fine, Thank you. You? He didn't answer.
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: To present my research at the Greater New York Dental Meeting, holding at the Javits Center, NY, in November.
VO: Research Can I see your invitation letter?
Me: Passed the invitation letter.
VO: Passed back the letter. So, why were you chosen to make the presentation?
Me: There was a call for abstract earlier this year, I submitted my paper, it was reviewed, and my poster was approved for presentation.
VO. Okay (smiling). Have you ever been out the country before?
Me: A long while ago as a minor. I was in Benin Republic - Porto Novo and Cotonou.
VO: It's alright, sorry, I am not going to be approving your Visa, this is not a permanent rejection, you can reapply later ( smiling again). Thanks.
Me: Alrighty, Thanks for your time.

Where did I go wrong? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello Mzsunshine -

In almost all circumstances, we don't. We did reschedule a day of interviews a few weeks ago when all of our computers were down for a full day.
We told those people in person. If you have any questions about your particular case, feel free to contact us at lagosniv@state.gov (if your case is pending in Lagos). Yet another reason not to use agents.

Mzsunshine:
Please I will like to know if the use embassy reschedules dates themselves. Because I am applying through and agency and they keep claiming that the us embassy keep changing my dates. This is the third time now.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
james87871:
Hello
If travel to Ghana by road will Ghana only be chosen as travel history when filling ds form or Benin and Togo be inclusive ? And secondly if ask on the interview will Benin and Togo be mention as part of country visited .or will only mention Ghana
You will fill only Ghana, and that's coz you didn't visit Togo or Republic of Benin, but was on transit.... Ghana was your destination in actuality
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by james87871: 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
Sebastine1606:

You will fill only Ghana, and that's coz you didn't visit Togo or Republic of Benin, but was on transit.... Ghana was your destination in actuality
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
tunsmart:
Good morning guys, silent reader here. I just finished my B1 visa interview at the US Consulate in Lagos. My visa was denied. Find below my transcript, in case it helps anyone, and for suggestions on probably

Me: Good Morning Sir.
VO: Good Morning, how are you doing?
Me: I'm fine, Thank you. You? He didn't answer.
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: To present my research at the Greater New York Dental Meeting, holding at the Javits Center, NY, in November.
VO: Research Can I see your invitation letter?
Me: Passed the invitation letter.
VO: Passed back the letter. So, why were you chosen to make the presentation?
Me: There was a call for abstract earlier this year, I submitted my paper, it was reviewed, and my poster was approved for presentation.
VO. Okay (smiling). Have you ever been out the country before?
Me: A long while ago as a minor. I was in Benin Republic - Porto Novo and Cotonou.
VO: It's alright, sorry, I am not going to be approving your Visa, this is not a permanent rejection, you can reapply later ( smiling again). Thanks.
Me: Alrighty, Thanks for your time.

Where did I go wrong? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Just maybe, your travel experience is too weak for your profile as a "presenter" of such magnitude
Just maybe ooh

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunsmart: 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
Sebastine1606:

Just maybe, your travel experience is too weak for your profile as a "presenter" of such magnitude
Just maybe ooh

I think I agree with you on this. That was what I suspected too. Coz it was until we got to the travel experience part, that his demeanor changed a bit. But of course I can't manufacture a travel experience - since no other exists, as my entire application is true.

It's truly a big stage. The Greater New York Dental Meeting is where a lot of Dentists just aspire to attend, talk more of actually presenting a poster. But it's a little disappointing, that may have worked against me. I was to present another paper in Ghana back in August, but I couldn't attend coz of serious work commitments. My co-author was allowed to present in my stead.

I really want to make this presentation, as it's important for my future research career goals, although I left the consulate today with basically a firm conviction of not to reapply until I have another important business with the US in the future. Now quite a couple of people are telling me to reapply-even though that doesn't appear sound economically, 64k is not a small money, even for a Dentist grin. Do you think this is advisable?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ebonychic18(f): 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
tunsmart:

I think I agree with you on this. That was what I suspected too. Coz it was until we got to the travel experience part, that his demeanor changed a bit. But of course I can't manufacture a travel experience - since no other exists, as my entire application is true.

It's truly a big stage. The Greater New York Dental Meeting is where a lot of Dentists just aspire to attend, talk more of actually presenting a poster. But it's a little disappointing, that may have worked against me. I was to present another paper in Ghana back in August, but I couldn't attend coz of serious work commitments. My co-author was allowed to present in my stead.

I really want to make this presentation, as it's important for my future research career goals, although I left the consulate today with basically a firm conviction of not to reapply until I have another important business with the US in the future. Now quite a couple of people are telling me to reapply-even though that doesn't appear sound economically, 64k is not a small money, even for a Dentist grin. Do you think this is advisable?
I think you should reapply. All the dentists I know that have applied for this all got visas effortlessly. I think you should look at your application properly. My very first visa was gotten based on this meeting. I was a first-time applicant, DO, zero travel history and barely earning 175k then. I encouraged my friends and ogas to apply and all got their visas even with their spouses. When I applied back then no document was requested. I've gone for the meeting twice met many HOs, regs, consultants especially from lag. Meanwhile ermm 64k should be ... grin for a poster presenter na.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunsmart: 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
ebonychic18:
I think you should reapply. All the dentists I know that have applied for this all got visas effortlessly. I think you should look at your application properly. My very first visa was gotten based on this meeting. I was a first-time applicant, DO, zero travel history and barely earning 175k then. I encouraged my friends and ogas to apply and all got their visas even with their spouses. When I applied back then no document was requested. I've gone for the meeting twice met many HOs, regs, consultants especially from lag. Meanwhile ermm 64k should be ... grin for a poster presenter na.

LOL... Okay the 64k is probably not really a big deal. But na still money. My application was pretty straightforward, not cluttered, everything checked, truthfully. And I think you can relate with this more as a senior colleague, I am a Dentist, I have absolutely no reason to lie. I would have thought we've built such reputation with the US Consulate based on past visits to the US (Especially as you have noted in your post, the GNYDM). Although I must say I am not married yet, that one too.

I can't have time to go for another interview in October. I am all tied up. But I am going to Abuja, first week of November to procure my permanent licence, hopefully in time for Batch B 2017 NYSC camp. Do you think it's advisable for me to just schedule an appointment for Abuja within that period? Instead of having to come back to Lagos, maybe second week of November to do another interview which may be too close to the GNYDM itself - which is 24th of November.

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78