Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533377 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=tunsmart post=60856830]

I think I agree with you on this. That was what I suspected too. Coz it was until we got to the travel experience part, that his demeanor changed a bit. But of course I can't manufacture a travel experience - since no other exists, as my entire application is true.

It's truly a big stage. The Greater New York Dental Meeting is where a lot of Dentists just aspire to attend, talk more of actually presenting a poster. But it's a little disappointing, that may have worked against me. I was to present another paper in Ghana back in August, but I couldn't attend coz of serious work commitments. My co-author was allowed to present in my stead.

I really want to make this presentation, as it's important for my future research career goals, although I left the consulate today with basically a firm conviction of not to reapply until I have another important business with the US in the future. Now quite a couple of people are telling me to reapply-even though that doesn't appear sound economically, 64k is not a small money, even for a Dentist grin. Do you think this is advisable?[/quote]
Even though I shouldn't be saying this again, due to past events, and that is the fact that a travel experience would have helped more, expecially for your "profile" but in the same vein, you may reapply, loads of peeps without travel experience has been thru it and got it, you will only need to make your intention wide clear to impress the VO
Success in your next interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ebonychic18(f): 8:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
tunsmart:

LOL... Okay the 64k is probably not really a big deal. But na still money. My application was pretty straightforward, not cluttered, everything checked, truthfully. And I think you can relate with this more as a senior colleague, I am a Dentist, I have absolutely no reason to lie. I would have thought we've built such reputation with the US Consulate based on past visits to the US (Especially as you have noted in your post, the GNYDM). Although I must say I am not married yet, that one too.

I can't have time to go for another interview in October. I am all tied up. But I am going to Abuja, first week of November to procure my permanent licence, hopefully in time for Batch B 2017 NYSC camp. Do you think it's advisable for me to just schedule an appointment for Abuja within that period? Instead of having to come back to Lagos, maybe second week of November to do another interview which may be too close to the GNYDM itself - which is 24th of November.

Oh now I get it. TIES.... where you work, who's sponsoring you, if self sponsored you need a steady source of income and job. I don't know how many New dentists have done presentation so far. It's mostly the consultants and regs. You can reapply in Abuja.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
1A. I just checked the website, something feels fishy about it, did you make any payments for registration or the visa letter?
1B.how did you come to know about them?
2. Me thinks the VO can't "merge" being a dentist and the word "research" - probably thinking, can a dentist be a researcher?
3. I think you should explain much better how as a dentist, you can also do research, in addition to being a dentist.
4. If there is still time before the program starts, reapply and explain
- how as a dentist, you can also do research
- how this research (and presentation) is relevant to your field

tunsmart:
Good morning guys, silent reader here. I just finished my B1 visa interview at the US Consulate in Lagos. My visa was denied. Find below my transcript, in case it helps anyone, and for suggestions on probably

Me: Good Morning Sir.
VO: Good Morning, how are you doing?
Me: I'm fine, Thank you. You? He didn't answer.
VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: To present my research at the Greater New York Dental Meeting, holding at the Javits Center, NY, in November.
VO: Research Can I see your invitation letter?
Me: Passed the invitation letter.
VO: Passed back the letter. So, why were you chosen to make the presentation?
Me: There was a call for abstract earlier this year, I submitted my paper, it was reviewed, and my poster was approved for presentation.
VO. Okay (smiling). Have you ever been out the country before?
Me: A long while ago as a minor. I was in Benin Republic - Porto Novo and Cotonou.
VO: It's alright, sorry, I am not going to be approving your Visa, this is not a permanent rejection, you can reapply later ( smiling again). Thanks.
Me: Alrighty, Thanks for your time.

Where did I go wrong? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keleks: 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello.. pls i have a question to ask. I got my family visit visa this year from inputs from this forum and i am grateful. I have traveled for my vacation and we are back now. I shared my transcripts here too. The issue i want clarification is... My brother was refused us visit visa 3yrs ago but he used an agent then. Although all the information the agent filled for him then was correct , he just did not know to apply and fill the forms. He just tried reapplying now with my help and with all the info i have read from here, we have submitted the form but he cant schedule an appointment. The system is saying his profile corresponds with his previous application. The issue is that he cant remember the email password the agent used for his old application(profile) and he cant reach him either. Pls what can he do to be able to book an appointment. There is an option to write the embassy.. pls wont this cause an issue for him? Or what can he do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, that was lately really. He should check the past 7-10 days post, it definitely should be there.
The VO said you can't use a B1/B2 visa for student visa unless you return to Nigeria to re-apply for a student visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunsmart: 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
ebonychic18:

Oh now I get it. TIES.... where you work, who's sponsoring you, if self sponsored you need a steady source of income and job. I don't know how many New dentists have done presentation so far. It's mostly the consultants and regs. You can reapply in Abuja.

Yes possibly ties. I am currently a DO, I finished Housemanship a couple of months ago. But this paper I am presenting is one of the 3 studies I did during housejob - my Housemanship was pretty busy eh?. One of which I was supposed to present in Ghana which I couldn't make, but it's published now in an international peer-reviewed journal. Another is currently under peer-review, and the third about to be submitted for publication.

I know research in our field is mostly Consultants and Registrars, I just happened to be a pretty early bloomer - at least in the Nigerian context. I am self sponsored, I can afford it, as I have a steady income, and a steady work(It may be my own experience, but I think it's pretty rare for a Dentist to be without work in Lagos). I will evaluate the Abuja option, as it seems to fit well with my schedule. Thanks for your responses. Really appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mzsunshine:
Please I will like to know if the use embassy reschedules dates themselves. Because I am applying through and agency and they keep claiming that the us embassy keep changing my dates. This is the third time now.

How much did you pay?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tunsmart: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1A. I just checked the website, something feels fishy about it, did you make any payments for registration or the visa letter?
2. Me thinks the VO can't "merge" being a dentist and the word "research" - probably thinking, can a dentist be a researcher?
3. I think you should explain much better how as a dentist, you can also do research, in addition to being a dentist.

1a. The GNYDM is not fishy at all. smiley This is the 93rd Annual Session. Which makes it 93years since it's inception. It's probably older than most conferences/meeting that easily comes to mind. And as @ebonychic alluded to earlier, it's practically an annual rite to attend every year for a lot of Dentists all over the world - ebonychic has attended twice for example. The way it's organized, due to its all encompassing nature - it covers all aspect and specialties of Dentistry - there is no pre-registration fee. Why? Coz when you get there, you can choose courses and sub-sessions to attend as it partains to your specialty or interest, and now pay for those courses, as they will contribute to your CME points. For example, i am interested in Oral Cancer. You don't pay for a Visa letter (I don't know if other conferences charge for that).

1b. Again I will defer to @ebonychic. The GNYDM is practically a rite of passage for a lot of Dentist. For most of our consultants and Professors while in school, it was the first international conference they attended. You are guaranteed to have heard about it, from your lecturers as a dental student, moreso if you are interested in research. I heard about it from a mentor.

2. I think I had this feeling too during the interview. When he asked "Research?" with a stressed question mark. But, I could only answer the questions I was asked. And I couldn't bring these kind of explanations without a proper context.

3. I can only wish the next interview - if i reapply- gravitates to this line of questioning. I can really explain myself. grin

4. The conference starts November 24th. My presentation day is 26th. I will check the available interview dates.

Thanks for your response. You guys are doing fantastic stuffs here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ebonychic18(f): 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

Nothing fishy about GNYDM. They're as real as you can get. Been there twice for the 90th and 91st, had to miss the 92nd for some colleagues to attend and get a feel of it too. Yes registration is free but when you get there you have a lot of courses to pick from and pay for depending on your speciality or interests. It's been on for years. Has over 54000 attendees yearly. It's huge and worth attending for every dentist that needs to improve and get a broader picture of the practice. We also get our CME points there. Visa letter is free when you apply appropriately.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 11:00pm On Sep 26, 2017
Still on the DS 160 form
In the column of countries visited, I did not see Dubai
What could be the problem?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
kessel:
Still on the DS 160 form

If wahala enter this matter now, una go say everything wey una fill na truth, issorai!

Simple question: is Dubai a country?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ebonychic18(f): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
tunsmart:

Yes possibly ties. I am currently a DO, I finished Housemanship a couple of months ago. But this paper I am presenting is one of the 3 studies I did during housejob - my Housemanship was pretty busy eh?. One of which I was supposed to present in Ghana which I couldn't make, but it's published now in an international peer-reviewed journal. Another is currently under peer-review, and the third about to be submitted for publication.

I know research in our field is mostly Consultants and Registrars, I just happened to be a pretty early bloomer - at least in the Nigerian context. I am self sponsored, I can afford it, as I have a steady income, and a steady work(It may be my own experience, but I think it's pretty rare for a Dentist to be without work in Lagos). I will evaluate the Abuja option, as it seems to fit well with my schedule. Thanks for your responses. Really appreciate.

Well done with the research, keep it up. If only you had gone while still a HO(under the cover of a bigger organization) they need to know you will come back. Also maybe the VO felt you were too young to be doing all that exploit lol as per years of practice. Reapply in abj God willing you will get it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ebonychic18(f): 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
tunsmart:

1a. The GNYDM is not fishy at all. smiley This is the 93rd Annual Session. Which makes it 93years since it's inception. It's probably older than most conferences/meeting that easily comes to mind. And as @ebonychic alluded to earlier, it's practically an annual rite to attend every year for a lot of Dentists all over the world - ebonychic has attended twice for example. The way it's organized, due to its all encompassing nature - it covers all aspect and specialties of Dentistry - there is no pre-registration fee. Why? Coz when you get there, you can choose courses and sub-sessions to attend as it partains to your specialty or interest, and now pay for those courses, as they will contribute to your CME points. For example, i am interested in Oral Cancer. You don't pay for a Visa letter (I don't know if other conferences charge for that).

1b. Again I will defer to @ebonychic. The GNYDM is practically a rite of passage for a lot of Dentist. For most of our consultants and Professors while in school, it was the first international conference they attended. You are guaranteed to have heard about it, from your lecturers as a dental student, moreso if you are interested in research. I heard about it from a mentor.

2. I think I had this feeling too during the interview. When he asked "Research?" with a stressed question mark. But, I could only answer the questions I was asked. And I couldn't bring these kind of explanations without a proper context.

3. I can only wish the next interview - if i reapply- gravitates to this line of questioning. I can really explain myself. grin

4. The conference starts November 24th. My presentation day is 26th. I will check the available interview dates.

Well said!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
If you finally decide to reapply in Abuja which i think you are good to go. Have it in mind to answer the question why you decide to come to Abuja after Lagos denial. State it clearly your mission in abuja and to have your interview session before the program in November. Best wishes. We waiting for the good news
tunsmart:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 1:08am On Sep 27, 2017
OmoBendel24:

If wahala enter this matter now, una go say everything wey una fill na truth, issorai!

Dubai is not a country na... But city, if you wish to call it so grin grin

@kessel,United Arab Emirates is the key word to look out for

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 6:30am On Sep 27, 2017
keleks:
Hello.. pls i have a question to ask. I got my family visit visa this year from inputs from this forum and i am grateful. I have traveled for my vacation and we are back now. I shared my transcripts here too. The issue i want clarification is... My brother was refused us visit visa 3yrs ago but he used an agent then. Although all the information the agent filled for him then was correct , he just did not know to apply and fill the forms. He just tried reapplying now with my help and with all the info i have read from here, we have submitted the form but he cant schedule an appointment. The system is saying his profile corresponds with his previous application. The issue is that he cant remember the email password the agent used for his old application(profile) and he cant reach him either. Pls what can he do to be able to book an appointment. There is an option to write the embassy.. pls wont this cause an issue for him? Or what can he do?
I had similar problem recently and rectified. The best option is to call ustraveldocs agent as my mail to them wasn't responded to.
As for me, they requested for another email from me and my password was equally reset. It was done while on the phone with her sharperly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Gbemisolarh(f): 7:09am On Sep 27, 2017
[b][
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Gbemisolarh(f): 7:44am On Sep 27, 2017
[b][
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hamateen: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2017
kessel:
Still on the DS 160 form

Sorry bro, you will see UAE ( united arab emirates)
Dubai is just a popular city, not a country. Just like New york out of USA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2017
OmoBendel24:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol...didn't see UAE either.
I may have to check again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 27, 2017
Dear all, I started reading this particular trend like 3months ago. I applied with my family,( wife and son )and we had our interview this morning around after 8. I woke up since 3:30am as my mind was already there. They gave preference to family with kids to jump the queue Here is our interview.
VO: Good morning
Me and wife: Good morning , trying to put myself together.
VO: why are going to the US.(I ddnt want to talk as my wife is the major applicant, so we waited some seconds but I'm the sponsor)
Wife: We are going on a family vacation and to visit my Uncle who I have not seen for a longtime.
VO: Where have you traveled before, facing my wife
Wife: Dubai and Kenya
VO: flipped through my wife's passport, where's the visa to this Kenya stamp
Wife: she didn't get what the consulate (Slim lady) meant in the first place. Its at home.
VO: how will you put your visa at home it should be on
Passport. She shouted and frowned, how can you enter a person's country without a Visa
Wife: she sounded boldly. Oh, I filled and printed the visa online and they stamped my passport at Kenya airport. I don't have any visa. I think the VO just wanted to be sure those stamps were genuine
VO: where do you work
Wife: I work with blablabla as so so Manager. Meanwhile my son was busy disturbing. He has poo and everywhere was smiling and he wasn't comfortable. i carried him though
VO: took her time facing the system and typed for about a minute. Meanwhile she denied two people before us, one woman with a kid and a single a guy on suit. where do you work she asked me.
Me: I work with so so so as so so so.
VO: how do use this machine
Me: We have bla bla bla, could not explain well before she cut in
VO: she has gone through my form on her system. Now asked how many cameras do you use.
Me: I explained well this time
VO: where are you going in US
Me: The woodlands in Texas
VO: how many days are you spending.
Me: Just two weeks.
VO: she typed for a while and packed our passports together and gave us a white paper. Pick your visa up in 3days.i ddn't even hear well. Like a dream.
Wife quickly rushed to change the diaper of my son in their convenience and me went to ease myself too.
I Thank Almighty God and everyone, I gained alot here and God took control
Please when Is the 3rd day .is it Friday or next week Monday as there might be public holiday next week Monday sef.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DoNotBeAfraid: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2017
kessel:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol...didn't see UAE either.
I may have to check again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
I'm trying to upload a digital image to the DS-160 but i keep getting the error below.

It was accepted on the previous page as meeting the standard.

I've tried multiple images

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 12:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
globalpaul:
Dear all, I started reading this particular trend like 3months ago. I applied with my family,( wife and son )and we had our interview this morning around after 8. I woke up since 3:30am as my mind was already there. They gave preference to family with kids to jump the queue Here is our interview.
VO: why are going to the US.(I ddnt want to talk as my wife is the major applicant, so we waited some seconds but I'm the sponsor)
Wife: We are going on a family vacation and to visit my Uncle who I have not seen for a longtime.
Wife: she didn't get what the consulate (Slim lady) meant in the first place. Its at home.
Passport.
Wife: she sounded boldly. Oh, I filled and printed the visa online and they stamped my passport at Kenya airport. I don't have any visa. I think the VO just wanted to be sure those stamps were genuine
Wife: I work with blablabla as so so Manager. Meanwhile my son was busy disturbing. He has poo and everywhere was smiling and he wasn't comfortable. i carried him though
VO: took her time facing the system and typed for about a minute. Meanwhile she denied two people before us, one woman with a kid and a single a guy on suit. where do you work she asked me.
VO: she has gone through my form on her system. Now asked how many cameras do you use.
VO: she typed for a while and packed our passports together and gave us a white paper. Pick your visa up in 3days.i ddn't even hear well. Like a dream.
Wife quickly rushed to change the diaper of my son in their convenience and me went to ease myself too.
Thanks everyone, I gained alot here
Please when Is the 3days.is it Friday or next week Monday as there might be public holiday next week Monday sef.

Congrats
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tiyanya: 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
This thread is really helpful, I have been a silent reader too.
Had my interview today and got approved.

Transcript later.. It's true oh, when you hear your visa has been approved you won't hear any other thing...lol

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
Congratulations [color=#990000][/color]
globalpaul:
Passport.
Please when Is the 3days.is it Friday or next week Monday as there might be public holiday next week Monday sef.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
globalpaul:
Passport.

Congrats, I hope you didn't plan with your son to poo at the right time, lol.

It should be 3 working days, so you count out the weekends & public holiday, also you would be getting an email and a text (if I'm not mistaken).

Congrats again

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Terminator123: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
globalpaul:
Passport.

Go get your passports on tuesday! Congratulations to you!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
thegreengooner:
I'm trying to upload a digital image to the DS-160 but i keep getting the error below.

It was accepted on the previous page as meeting the standard.

I've tried multiple images
Did you use a scanned copy of your picture or a digital copy. Digital/soft copy from the photographer works perfectly.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abbeymaniak(m): 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
pheebe:

It Ma, not sir
Lol sorry Ma, Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by thegreengooner(m): 3:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
borryworld:
Did you use a scanned copy of your picture or a digital copy. Digital/soft copy from the photographer works perfectly.

sorted now Thanks.

I just had to clear cookies and as per recommendation from US embassy in London I closed the window and tried a couple of more times.

Link is here https://uk.usembassy.gov/ds-160-uploading-photograph/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
globalpaul:
Passport.

Congratulations, i am happy this transcript came. Texas was hit by hurricane Harvey, which is still the strongest in over a decade. I tell people USA is open for business 24hrs, just make your intent clear and genuine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120