Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534147 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 14, 2016
ibrocoast:
i have been honest fora trip. i read on d thread that one should better mention conference. i wonder what i would say if i dont. that is why i ask. @justwise. keithmorgana@gmail
com.
justwise already nailed it, what exactly is your purpose od going to u.s? Because as it seems you don't seem like one who is attending a conference? It's better to have a purpose before applying so you don't get refused and waste visa fees, i'm only being sincere with you tongue

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere all I want from Newyork is a Mac lipstick and mac lipcolour kiss grin cheesy wink I don't want pof pof abeg

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:31am On Feb 14, 2016
praxisnetworks:

Justwise I have a question I can't ask here ....can you oblige me with your email address. Thanks

Anything travel/visa related i will be happy to answer it here as i don't share my email address. Sorry that has been my policy for years here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:33am On Feb 14, 2016
ibrocoast:
i have been honest fora trip. i read on d thread that one should better mention conference. i wonder what i would say if i dont. that is why i ask. @justwise. keithmorgana@gmail
com.

If you are genuinely going for a conference then go for your interview and prepare to answer questions about that conference anything other than that you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by praxisnetworks: 11:57am On Feb 14, 2016
justwise:

Anything travel/visa related i will be happy to answer it here as i don't share my email address. Sorry that has been my policy for years here.
Noted. Have a great day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:48pm On Feb 14, 2016
Sorry oooooo but AAAAARRRRRSSSSEEEEENNNNNAAAAALLLLLLL

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
ibrocoast:
I commended all in the house for the good work so far. especially LADY G, CHLOE and all others peeps who are so helpful to the room.
I need your immense advise on ma visa application. while filling the application, it requested for the uploading of the passport photograph (600×600pixel) which I did but declining it. I have been on this for a week but all to no avail. I just want to ask of I can omit it and proceed to appointment date. would this not backfire on me on the day of interview. would it not pose any problem? advice needed pls.
Open your picture with paint and cut it to the normal size and save with another name so you can have the original scanned pics and upload the newly saved pics to the ds160 page it will upload. Trust me on that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:55am On Feb 15, 2016
chloe7:
LadyGuinivere all I want from Newyork is a Mac lipstick and mac lipstain kiss grin cheesy wink I don't want pof pof abeg
Ha! Weather too cold for lipstick...but hot pof pof? Darrizit!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Damolaskynov: 1:12am On Feb 15, 2016
Hi Lady G,Chloe and all other alumni of this visit visa thread. My aunt is inviting me over for holiday in June and I want to start processing now that the fee is still 195 to 1 USD. I will be 34 by Feb 24,single and work as a Supervisor with DHL Aviation. Was in Dubai for 5 days last month during the shopping festival.
Is it too early to start the process? Read through earlier thread and it seems being single is usually a red flag...My salary is ok even after tax. Please advise

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 3:45am On Feb 15, 2016
I have submitted my application yesterday. How long is it going to take to get ma interview date option so that i could schedule ma appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 6:24am On Feb 15, 2016
Yea I've been duly tutored...thx
schweinsteiger:

Both hotel and flight reservation i will get them without actually paying or putting my actual credit card
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 15, 2016
ibrocoast:
I have submitted my application yesterday. How long is it going to take to get ma interview date option so that i could schedule ma appointment.
go to the appointment scheduling site nobody has the answer here except that site
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ha! Weather too cold for lipstick...but hot pof pof? Darrizit!
na lipstick I want Jare I no like pof pof embarassed
I'm about to begin my pta waka today o, i'm travelling in March to the UK, make I see if I go fit see pounds or dollars
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by emjayfay(f): 8:07am On Feb 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Its really really cold right now.
The kain cold when de make naija girl when hate coffee dey drink am as if na Amala and ewedu she de chop!

Laday G, you still dey NYC? I came in yesterday and this cold no get part 2! O ya make we hook up make i buy you starbucks coffee and Iya Basira rice and stew! lol...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 8:51am On Feb 15, 2016
emjayfay:

Laday G, you still dey NYC? I came in yesterday and this cold no get part 2! O ya make we hook up make i buy you starbucks coffee and Iya Basira rice and stew! lol...
Lol, i just watched on CNN, -1 Degree in New York, why here in Naija i can't leave my AC (on) 16.. God is ur strength wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 9:38am On Feb 15, 2016
Damolaskynov:
Hi Lady G,Chloe and all other alumni of this visit visa thread. My aunt is inviting me over for holiday in June and I want to start processing now that the fee is still 195 to 1 USD. I will be 34 by Feb 24,single and work as a Supervisor with DHL Aviation. Was in Dubai for 5 days last month during the shopping festival.
Is it too early to start the process? Read through earlier thread and it seems being single is usually a red flag...My salary is ok even after tax. Please advise

You are good to go bro.... do not fret, being single is not necessarily a red flag, it's being single and worthless that is. loads of single persons like me have gotten the visa, just be smart, dress your job and be 100% articulated, do not fret infront of the vO, thats all!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2016
ibrocoast:

Visit the appointment site immediately, schedule/pick your date yourself.... there's no waiting time on that!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bosypumpin: 10:07am On Feb 15, 2016
Good morning house

to the contributors, thank you for the great work here.

I need your help oooo.
hubby and I decided to do the US b1/b2 visa one.

My husband without telling me, mistakenly booked appointment before filling the DS 160 form. thus, the codes ( or confirmation thingy) differ.
I seek your sound counsel on way forward. though, we had sent a mail to lagos NIV @state.gov and all the email addresses for issues regarding non immigrant visa. we are yet to hear from them.

Im an avid reader of the US thread and honestly, dont want to go over it backwards. as i type now, im in the court room. Pls, direct me. tnks.
cc: Lady G, Chloe, seyewest, & Justwise ( thank God i saw your post where you said you don't respond to PM, that's why i sharperly pasted here)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by GentleOhimai(m): 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
@Justwise,
I am really grateful for the good work you have been doing. I know there are threads regarding the USA visa thing but I opened this because I haven't really gotten the answer I need.

My fiancee and I will like to get a visit visa to USA to do some shopping for our upcoming wedding. We have a daughter already who is in primary school but she isn't going along. When I meet an agent, the price I was given was N700,000 for a week visit which includes hotel booking and visa but to me it's really looking on the very high side.

I got a website were we can do the application ourselves and the visa fee payable to GT Bank was N31,200 each.

Please sir, my question to you or anyone with good knowledge of this is that:

1. As we are not yet married and are planning to, will our wedding invitation card be helpful when we have successfully booked an interview?

2. Would the fact that we already have a daughter bearing my surname though not going with us give them enough reason to believe we intend to still return after our visit?

3. My dad was down with stroke and ever since then I have been the one taking care of his finances. He is a pensioner getting over N500,000 monthly and I haven't been working because I run his account and affairs for him and so he put me on a monthly pay of N200,000 just so I am always around him. Please will his statement of account be enough proof that I am capable of taking care of my trip with his consent being that I have to use his statement of account?

I really need your advice on the best possible way to go about this in order to successfully secure a visa to USA. I will also be glad if you can inform me of any other documents you feel will help me achieve this successfully.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bunmixtra(f): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
Any one travelling to LA on or before March ending?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
GentleOhimai:
@Justwise,
I am really grateful for the good work you have been doing. I know there are threads regarding the USA visa thing but I opened this because I haven't really gotten the answer I need.

My fiancee and I will like to get a visit visa to USA to do some shopping for our upcoming wedding. We have a daughter already who is in primary school but she isn't going along. When I meet an agent, the price I was given was N700,000 for a week visit which includes hotel booking and visa but to me it's really looking on the very high side.

I got a website were we can do the application ourselves and the visa fee payable to GT Bank was N31,200 each.

1. As we are not yet married and are planning to, will our wedding invitation card be helpful when we have successfully booked an interview?

2. Would the fact that we already have a daughter bearing my surname though not going with us give them enough reason to believe we intend to still return after our visit?

3. My dad was down with stroke and ever since then I have been the one taking care of his finances. He is a pensioner getting over N500,000 monthly and I haven't been working because I run his account and affairs for him and so he put me on a monthly pay of N200,000 just so I am always around him. Please will his statement of account be enough proof that I am capable of taking care of my trip with his consent being that I have to use his statement of account?

I really need your advice on the best possible way to go about this in order to successfully secure a visa to USA. I will also be glad if you can inform me of any other documents you feel will help me achieve this successfully.

Thank you.
So, you opened a thread for this before? Jump the agent, good. Your advantages are that you have a sick dad at home whom you are looking after and his affairs too, and the primary school pupil child of yours. However, Point 3 looks like the real issue here though. It's not really cutting it proper at all, sounds some bit incoherent. Don't you and/or you wife to be have your own personal accounts? Proof of Dad's ailment and treatments available? The 200k monthly enters which account? How can an adult of marriage age be getting sponsored on dad's pension and sundry account? Several other reservations, but what do I know? Verdict from my small knowledge is that point 3 is going to be your undoing and makes point 2 to be a deliberate attempt to feign home ties. Even if correct, that is a child that can easily be left behind by parents bent on moving on. To be blunt sha, you seem very unemployed and grabbing at everything available to just cover that shortcoming, and probably not even having that child at all. Must the two of you travel together for the shopping? Well, just go back to your drawing board if at all your situation is correct. You should wait for others to contribute or you can also go ask in the Non-Immigrant thread where the VOs too can respond to you on parts of your questions. Okay, bye

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Shofas: 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
@emjayfay please I just sent u a pm please reply it's just about the dollar
Thanks

emjayfay:

I must say this, it was simply a miracle! Didnt prebook and didnt know anyone there. I begged and begged and was ready to stay till whenever. They finally sold to me. It was also because my travel date is very close.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
bosypumpin:
Good morning house

I need your help oooo.

My husband without telling me, mistakenly booked appointment before filling the DS 160 form. thus, the codes ( or confirmation thingy) differ.
I seek your sound counsel on way forward. though, we had sent a mail to lagos NIV @state.gov and all the email addresses for issues regarding non immigrant visa. we are yet to hear from them.

Im an avid reader of the US thread and honestly, dont want to go over it backwards. as i type now, im in the court room. Pls, direct me. tnks.
cc: Lady G, Chloe, seyewest, & Justwise ( thank God i saw your post where you said you don't respond to PM, that's why i sharperly pasted here)

Fill up your DS160 get your confirmation number and call (+23414406218) the embassy to help you fix the DS Comfirmation code in your appointment.... be sure to explain what went wrong and they'll help you out in or less than 3 working days.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by GentleOhimai(m): 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
OmoBendel24:

So, you opened a thread for this before? Jump the agent, good. Your advantages are that you have a sick dad at home whom you are looking after and his affairs too, and the primary school pupil child of yours. However, Point 3 looks like the real issue here though. It's not really cutting it proper at all, sounds some bit incoherent. Don't you and/or you wife to be have your own personal accounts? Proof of Dad's ailment and treatments available? The 200k monthly enters which account? How can an adult of marriage age be getting sponsored on dad's pension and sundry account? Several other reservations, but what do I know? Verdict from my small knowledge is that point 3 is going to be your undoing and makes point 2 to be a deliberate attempt to feign home ties. Even if correct, that is a child that can easily be left behind by parents bent on moving on. To be blunt sha, you seem very unemployed and grabbing at everything available to just cover that shortcoming, and probably not even having that child at all. Must the two of you travel together for the shopping? Well, just go back to your drawing board if at all your situation is correct. You should wait for others to contribute or you can also go ask in the Non-Immigrant thread where the VOs too can respond to you on parts of your questions. Okay, bye

I get your point and that's why I came here to make enquiry.
Yes am unemployed at the moment because am being paid 200k every month for now by my dad. I have my personal account as well which I use to carry out other business transactions but just that it doesn't have a consistent flow of income. The reason I don't always put the monthly pay I get from my dad is because I actually hold his ATM card at all times and do all transactions in regards to paying our workers and anything he wants. At the moment we are building a hotel which I will be in charge of so this is one of the reasons I haven't been looking out for a job because I am quite comfortable. I know how hard it is to get a job as a degree holder that will pay one 200k a month. Even if we can't travel together, what are the chances for just me alone as I will be staying in a hotel throughout and fund the whole trip. Do you have any idea of a good location where I can get cheap hotel and do shopping please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
emjayfay:

Will be back in NY on Thursday. Pm me. Il take u up on the offer of the coffee. But keep the iya basira Rice away from me mbok cheesy

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
GentleOhimai:
@Justwise,

Thank you.
The truth is that u are aware of your short comings and I doubt u will listen to reason sooo good luck. U have already paid for the visa fees....every other contribution is moot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
GentleOhimai:
@Justwise,

Thank you.

you could have just waited for the wedding to be over.... And do you really love your dad, only one day away from him could be disastrous.
Think twice bro, America will not shift away from its location but for your dad nko?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
GentleOhimai:

I get your point and that's why I came here to make enquiry.
Yes am unemployed at the moment because am being paid 200k every month for now by my dad. I have my personal account as well which I use to carry out other business transactions but just that it doesn't have a consistent flow of income. The reason I don't always put the monthly pay I get from my dad is because I actually hold his ATM card at all times and do all transactions in regards to paying our workers and anything he wants. At the moment we are building a hotel which I will be in charge of so this is one of the reasons I haven't been looking out for a job because I am quite comfortable. I know how hard it is to get a job as a degree holder that will pay one 200k a month. Even if we can't travel together, what are the chances for just me alone as I will be staying in a hotel throughout and fund the whole trip. Do you have any idea of a good location where I can get cheap hotel and do shopping please?

Bros, see eh, these VO's are like magicians, they can see through your soul at your deepest darkest secrets.

ties to home country, lipsrsealed
how about travel history, lipsrsealed
financial situation? undecided

Ok, wetin you wan go do for yankee, shopping? shocked

Bros, hold ya cash go dubai. It's fun, trust me.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by flaky16: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
Goodevening every1, I'm new 2 ds trend and I need help. I'm a graduate of OAU, studied microbiology nd serving presently,pls can any1 tell me d steps 2take to get USA student VISA to study nursing. Thnks a lot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
bosypumpin:
Good morning house

I need your help oooo.

if your interview is near go for it and they will give you turn back and you will be able to reschedule in 2 days meanwhile you will need to complete another ds160 form and also call the LagosNIV number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
flaky16:
Goodevening every1, I'm new 2 ds trend and I need help. I'm a graduate of OAU, studied microbiology nd serving presently,pls can any1 tell me d steps 2take to get USA student VISA to study nursing. Thnks a lot

Check the us student visa thread.. This thread is for visit visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by GentleOhimai(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
nefertitiram:

Bros, see eh, these VO's are like magicians, they can see through your soul at your deepest darkest secrets.

ties to home country, lipsrsealed
how about travel history, lipsrsealed
financial situation? undecided

Ok, wetin you wan go do for yankee, shopping? shocked

Bros, hold ya cash go dubai. It's fun, trust me.

I understand sir, in terms of travel history I have been to the UK and almost all my family has done that. My dad has a citizenship in the US based on his military service.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.