Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533896 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
lol smiley smiley

Beniyoha01:

God forbid adamu..... i dey thief money?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by schweinsteiger: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
GentleOhimai:

I understand sir, in terms of travel history I have been to the UK and almost all my family has done that. My dad has a citizenship in the US based on his military service.
You quite have a history, try, is not do or die
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
GentleOhimai:

I understand sir, in terms of travel history I have been to the UK and almost all my family has done that. My dad has a citizenship in the US based on his military service.

Oh you are a veterans son?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Damolaskynov: 2:36am On Feb 16, 2016
Thanks a lot,will make payment tomorrow as 17th is deadline for payment at 195 Naira rate...dunno the new rate these guys will call for their visa payment and I was not a beneficiary of Dasuki's dash... grin grin

Beniyoha01:

You are good to go bro.... do not fret, being single is not necessarily a red flag, it's being single and worthless that is. loads of single persons like me have gotten the visa, just be smart, dress your job and be 100% articulated, do not fret infront of the vO, thats all!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 16, 2016
Damolaskynov:
Thanks a lot,will make payment tomorrow as 17th is deadline for payment at 195 Naira rate...dunno the new rate these guys will call for their visa payment and I was not a beneficiary of Dasuki's dash... grin grin

who says 17th is deadline for payment with the 195 -$1 rate?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 8:31am On Feb 16, 2016
chloe7:
who says 17th is deadline for payment with the 195 -$1 rate?

On the US Visa appointment site for Nigeria they usually quote Naira-Dollar exchange rate used by the embassy at the moment. It usually has a time frame, maybe that's what he saw....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 16, 2016
Beniyoha01:

On the US Visa appointment site for Nigeria they usually quote Naira-Dollar exchange rate used by the embassy at the moment. It usually has a time frame, maybe that's what he saw....
the time frame is till December 2016 tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2016
chloe7:
the time frame is till December 2016 tongue

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2016
Beniyoha01:

as at last week it was still till December though
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brotundes: 1:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
pls, is there going to be increment in US visa fees, if yes when is it likely to take effects?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
brotundes:
pls, is there going to be increment in US visa fees, if yes when is it likely to take effects?
scroll up

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by brotundes: 2:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
I saw 17th of February and dis word On the US Visa appointment site for Nigeria they
usually quote Naira-Dollar exchange rate used by
the embassy at the moment. It usually has a time
frame, maybe that's what he saw...., so I need a confirmation please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2016
hello all,

I'm going on a training with 2 of my colleagues...one already has a US visa. the question...Are you traveling as part of a group or organization?
When I say yes it just brings up a place to type the name of the organization, if I put no it brings up a place to list the names of the people going with me and their relationship to me. Please what do u advise I say...yes or no? and is it advantageous to say ur traveling with other people?

thanks alot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
brotundes:
I saw 17th of February and dis word On the US Visa appointment site for Nigeria they
usually quote Naira-Dollar exchange rate used by
the embassy at the moment. It usually has a time
frame, maybe that's what he saw...., so I need a confirmation please
if it's from their website then it is authentic. And all the information you need can be gotten there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onandon: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
I just had to come on here to thank you all for the good job you are doing. So traveling to the US for vacation was one of my goals for the year, on the 29th of January I decided to give it a shot by applying for a B1/B2 visa. My interview was today, here's a transcript of my interview.
VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning
VO: Please hold on I'm typing something
ME: No problem(in yankee accent o grin )
VO: I'll have to take your finger prints. Could you please place your fingers on the machine
ME: Left or right ?
VO: Right first
Me: *placing fingers* 4 fingers right ?
VO: Yes
VO: Your right
VO: Now both thumbs (looks at his computer)
VO: So why are you going to the US
Me: ( serious face ) I'm going on a vacation
VO: Where in the US are you going to ?
Me: I'm going to Los Angeles California
VO; ( was in the process of saying something )
Me: ( in my mind to the VO *shut up I'm still talking* )
Me; And I'll be going to **** (a bbal team stadium) in **** (another city in CA) (to watch a bball game btw the *** vs the ***.
VO; Wow really ? ( he really showed interest)
Me: Yes
VO: Haven't they been the *** in the league this season ? ( smiling and being friendly )
Me: Yes (smiling)
VO: But how can you get a ticket for such a game ? it's going to be very expensive !
Me: (Taa keep quiet there) I have the **** app on my phone to purchase tickets. The tickets are still available for $***
VOsad Starts typing very fast ) So what do you do for work ?
Me: I own my own business, I'm into the production and sales of home and office **** and also into the sales and installation of ***
VO: ( Kept typing ) So you make and sell your own *** ?
Me: Yes I do
VO: What of the *** ( the stuff I sell and install ) do you import or what ?
Me: ( I don read nairaland, import ko import ni ) No, I buy LOCALLY at MUSHIN market ( I bet people must have looked at my direction cos of how I shouted the MUSHIN)
VO; ( Still typing ) Ooh ok .. ( still in a friendly manner ) So you know I used to be into building in the past .. How much do you sell yours per square meter ?
Me: Cost price or with profit ?
VO: I mean with profit
Me: **** naira
VO; Without profit ?
At this point he was still typing, smiling and being friendly
VO: Oooh that's good, it's cool
Me: ( talk fast lemme know )
Vo: ( grabs slip still smiling) But seriously those tickets are going to be expensive or not available.
Me: Yeah, the price keeps rising so the sooner I buy the better.
Vo: True true true ... congratulations ..... ( at that moment I went partially deaf and kept nodding my head while he kept talking, I regained hearing when I stretched for my passport and he said ) no we have to issue your visa on your passport, you are to pick up your passport in ( went deaf again and kept nodding, passes slip)
Me: Thanks ( and was about leaving)
VO: (really smiling ) So which is your team ?
Me: ( also smiling ) I mentioned the host bball team best player's name in a loud voice ) that's who I want to see !!
VO: yeah yeah yeah ..
Me: Bounced away with full swag in my native attire.

Sight and Sounds

Men, they denied people oo. There was this couple that said they were going for their honeymoon. Guess they said they got married last year, they both seem to have good jobs, well dressed and good appearance. The VO was questioning them laughing with them and typing, they were all laughing. I was like these ones don collect white slip, oh boy, in the midst of their laughter the VO just brought out blue slip, the husband just quickly put the blue slip in his file as the smile faded. It shook us and people around me started murmuring "these ppl are not giving today o" There was this woman and like her 5 or 6 year old daughter, when the VO said I'm sorry blah blah and gave the mom the blue slip her cute daughter started shouting "mommy what are we going to do now, mommy what are we going to do" people just started laughing, the mom didn't even answer her and they kept walking while she kept asking.
So I read some people advised applicants on here not to mention the word "conference". A young boy did, he defended himself, he was given.
There was this family of 4, dad, mom and two young boys maybe 6 and 8 year old. Immediately they approached the VO he greeted all of them, they smiled and surprisingly he started interviewing the kids like "hey, how are you" boy said fiiiiine VO then said " who's this man to you " the boy said "daddy" VO then pointed to their mom and asked kid again "that's your sister, right ?" Kid said noooooo that's my mommy. They all smiled and defended themselves, they got their visas.
I got my motivation through this forum to be honest though a lot of people around my circle visit the US regularly. I went there, told the truth and was given. You just have to be confident and have an interaction with the VO, let he/she know you are not there for BS. Oooh I almost forgot, I'm a first time applicant, no travel history, passport even expires in few months and also single and searching grin . While they were dishing out blue slips I kept smiling and telling myself "dude, you are sharp, the VO can't intimidate you, you ain't broke, talk with confidence"
Please o, the nobel lauretes here aka English professors, this is not an essay, it's a donation so please don't criticize my write up for lack of proper punctuation.
Already bought my return ticket sharp today and paid for my hotel accommodation, this dollar thing is crazy will be touring for 3 weeks. Good luck to future applicants.

I'm going going going back back to Cali Cali .. Singing

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
chuckdee13:
hello all,

I'm going on a training with 2 of my colleagues...one already has a US visa. the question...Are you traveling as part of a group or organization?
When I say yes it just brings up a place to type the name of the organization, if I put no it brings up a place to list the names of the people going with me and their relationship to me. Please what do u advise I say...yes or no? and is it advantageous to say ur traveling with other people?

thanks alot.
Personally my advice is that you have to include those going with you and also it's an advantage if one or two of your colleague have a B1/B2 visa but it's not a guarantee that you will be issued a U.S visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
chloe7:
scroll up
I taya! Right on top of the question undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
onandon:
I just had to come on here to thank you all for the good job you are doing. So traveling to the US for vacation was one of my goals for the year, on the 29th of January I decided to give it a shot by applying for a B1/B2 visa. My interview was today, here's a transcript of my interview.
VO: I'll have to take your finger prints. Could you please place your fingers on the machine
Me; And I'll be going to **** (a bbal team stadium) in **** (another city in CA) (to watch a bball game btw the *** vs the ***.
VO: Haven't they been the *** in the league this season ? ( smiling and being friendly )
VO: But how can you get a ticket for such a game ? it's going to be very expensive !
Me: (Taa keep quiet there) I have the **** app on my phone to purchase tickets. The tickets are still available for $***
Me: I own my own business, I'm into the production and sales of home and office **** and also into the sales and installation of ***
Me: ( I don read nairaland, import ko import ni ) No, I buy LOCALLY at MUSHIN market ( I bet people must have looked at my direction cos of how I shouted the MUSHIN)
VO; ( Still typing ) Ooh ok .. ( still in a friendly manner ) So you know I used to be into building in the past .. How much do you sell yours per square meter ?
VO; Without profit ?
Vo: ( grabs slip still smiling) But seriously those tickets are going to be expensive or not available.
Vo: True true true ... congratulations ..... ( at that moment I went partially deaf and kept nodding my head while he kept talking, I regained hearing when I stretched for my passport and he said ) no we have to issue your visa on your passport, you are to pick up your passport in ( went deaf again and kept nodding, passes slip)
Me: ( also smiling ) I mentioned the host bball team best player's name in a loud voice ) that's who I want to see !!

Sight and Sounds

Men, they denied people oo. There was this couple that said they were going for their honeymoon. Guess they said they got married last year, they both seem to have good jobs, well dressed and good appearance. The VO was questioning them laughing with them and typing, they were all laughing. I was like these ones don collect white slip, oh boy, in the midst of their laughter the VO just brought out blue slip, the husband just quickly put the blue slip in his file as the smile faded. It shook us and people around me started murmuring "these ppl are not giving today o" There was this woman and like her 5 or 6 year old daughter, when the VO said I'm sorry blah blah and gave the mom the blue slip her cute daughter started shouting "mommy what are we going to do now, mommy what are we going to do" people just started laughing, the mom didn't even answer her and they kept walking while she kept asking.
So I read some people advised applicants on here not to mention the word "conference". A young boy did, he defended himself, he was given.
There was this family of 4, dad, mom and two young boys maybe 6 and 8 year old. Immediately they approached the VO he greeted all of them, they smiled and surprisingly he started interviewing the kids like "hey, how are you" boy said fiiiiine VO then said " who's this man to you " the boy said "daddy" VO then pointed to their mom and asked kid again "that's your sister, right ?" Kid said noooooo that's my mommy. They all smiled and defended themselves, they got their visas.
I got my motivation through this forum to be honest though a lot of people around my circle visit the US regularly. I went there, told the truth and was given. You just have to be confident and have an interaction with the VO, let he/she know you are not there for BS. Oooh I almost forgot, I'm a first time applicant, no travel history, passport even expires in few months and also single and searching grin . While they were dishing out blue slips I kept smiling and telling myself "dude, you are sharp, the VO can't intimidate you, you ain't broke, talk with confidence"
Please o, the nobel lauretes here aka English professors, this is not an essay, it's a donation so please don't criticize my write up for lack of proper punctuation.
Already bought my return ticket sharp today and paid for my hotel accommodation, this dollar thing is crazy will be touring for 3 weeks. Good luck to future applicants.

Congrats bro I told the VO it was for conference as well and they issued my visa,this was in January, I noticed that you can visit U.S for anything including to watch sporting events to visiting places like Grand Canyon,Yellowstone park even Hollywood everything is not conference,vacation (Have a reason for it) or visiting family or friends. Be broad and also be honest... I visited for 8 days and that's it.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Onandon, Wow, thanks to Nairaland and those that make these threads particularly tick. Nice delivery. Surely! You are going going back to back to, Cali Cali!!! Long but me likey, your transcript and some of the myths it got bursted. Enjoy your trip.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
Any wide guess what the visa fee moves to, NLs? Suspecting like 39k sha. #BenchmarkWhateverItIsBecomes!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I taya! Right on top of the question undecided
Lool me sef don tire for some questions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 9:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
onandon:
VO; Without profit ?

Sight and Sounds

Yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so so happy for you dude!

You nailed it,

And talking of the conference thing.... i was the one who advised, i never said dont mention conference i only advised based on the fact that
the conference thing has been abused by people who just use it to get visas, i said instead of using the word conference just say what it is you are going to attend.

here's an example of transcripts of two colleagues of mine who went 2 weeks ago.

Colleague 1
VO - why are you going to the US
She - To attend a conference
(Usually the next question should be)
VO - What conference?
but because their pressed for time all she got was (Sorry you dont qualify blah........._)

Colleague 2
VO - why are you going to the US
She - To attend the ------ summit on ------- and ------- organised by --------
(at this point the VO wanted to know more, he asked more and issued her the visa)

Most people who are tutored and packaged by TOUT/AGENTS answer their questions like "Colleague 1" the point for the VO is that he/she really doesn't know what the stuff is about, it's just a way they could easily pick out agent packaged applicants or even those who are just using the conference rout for a visa. I'm sure if you listened to the guy you saw very well you'll realize he did not just give them the word conference he backed it immediately with information's that made it witty.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thx a lot...I appreciate ur response. I best continue then smiley
seyewest:

Personally my advice is that you have to include those going with you and also it's advantageous if one or two of you have a B1/B2 visa but it's not a guarantee that you will be issued a U.S visa.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kellykings84: 12:27am On Feb 17, 2016
Yeah, I had a friend tell d Vo in November , wanted to see snow fall nd choose Boston, d Vo advised dat it gets really cold nd he said he heard nd would want to see for himsef, he was given, no travel experience nd single. S just be honest, anytin can get u ur visa.

seyewest:

Congrats bro I told the VO it was for conference as well and they issued my visa,this was in January, I noticed that you can visit U.S for anything including to watch sporting events to visiting places like Grand Canyon,Yellowstone park even Hollywood everything is not conference,vacation (Have a reason for it) or visiting family or friends. Be broad and also be honest... I visited for 8 days and that's it.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 17, 2016
kellykings84:
Yeah, I had a friend tell d Vo in November , wanted to see snow fall nd choose Boston, d Vo advised dat it gets really cold nd he said he heard nd would want to see for himsef, he was given, no travel experience nd single. S just be honest, anytin can get u ur visa.

anything like snow falling and anything can get you your visa, I reserve my comments lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 9:44am On Feb 17, 2016
Oooh I almost forgot, I'm a first time applicant, no travel history, passport even expires in few months and also single and searching grin . While they were dishing out blue slips I kept smiling and telling myself "dude, you are sharp, the VO can't intimidate you, you ain't broke, talk with confidence"

I'm going going going back back to Cali Cali .. Singing [/quote]

Nice epistle! wink Happy for you....by the way, Lets get married, we could go for honeymoon in the US

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2016
SekSek i'm watching you in 3D, na husband you find come cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SekSek: 9:56am On Feb 17, 2016
chloe7:
SekSek i'm watching you in 3D, na husband you find come cheesy cheesy grin grin

My coco, All join nah...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:28am On Feb 17, 2016
chloe7:
anything like snow falling and anything can get you your visa, I reserve my comments lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Yes... Anything.. I saw them gave a guy whose answer was I just want to visit oooo... I want to visit U.S ooooo.... Do you know anybody in U.S? No but I will stay in a hotel all I want to do is visit U.S and guess what they gave him and denied my boss who was invited for conference although he was issued the visa like 3 months later. @Chloe7 anything is possible although that guy maybe one in a million the bottom line is that he was issued a 2yrs visa.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 17, 2016
Onandon please send Seksek a dm cheesy grin I don join two of Una together, ok bye
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by suntai(f): 11:59am On Feb 17, 2016
Keep up the good work guys....you have demystified the US Visa. With God and good intentions it is a possibility.

Cheers!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DebsMed: 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
Argh shocked! @ anselmvictor: You mean the Visa Officer before refusing you again really asked you "what has changed?" in your less than 3 months of going back after refusal for another interview? That cracked me up really even though it is no fun per se.... Pretty sorry mahn, pretty sorry. Shuo!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100