Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies (36953 Views)

Lagos Man Searches For A Light-Skinned Lady He Met In A Bus Yesterday / Dark Skinned VS Light Skinned Black Men (photos)...ladies Who Look Better Off? / Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by sinizia: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mhizkel, mammy water. grin grin
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
sinizia:
Mhizkel, mammy water. grin grin
Why evils
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by sinizia: 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mhizkel:

Why evils
Na love. grin tongue embarassed kiss grin grin
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
sinizia:
Na love. grin tongue embarassed kiss grin grin
Love firegrin
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by sinizia: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mhizkel:

Love firegrin

deny it. angry angry
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
sinizia:

deny it. angry angry
Prove itsad
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by sinizia: 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mhizkel:

Prove itsad
When? sad
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
sinizia:
When? sad
Nowsad
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by sinizia: 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mhizkel:

Nowsad

now doesn't exist in my dictionary. embarassed cry
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
sinizia:

now doesn't exist in my dictionary. embarassed cry
Okay, nownow! Doesn't exist too
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by danbrowndmf(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2015
cho25bc:
Vera Sidika is a good example
This thing irritate me like madddddt.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by cho25bc(f): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
danbrowndmf:
This thing irritate me like madddddt.
As in...very bad. Bleaching is terrible
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by danbrowndmf(m): 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
cho25bc:
As in...very bad. Bleaching is terrible
smh
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by mizzochocinco: 2:33am On Jun 29, 2016
iamkingzlee:
hehehe! someone wants to play with my head cheesy

The white girls, Obviously. It's also not a common case. Soo till when the lord blesses me with 8 Light skinned ladies in a room, I"ll come back to tell you how I took care of that! smiley
i will have to agree with this, walk into a room with 2 white guys and 6 black guys and definitely you will have eyes wondering around those blues eyes and dirty blonde spiky hair and those perfect arms and legs.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by nurain150(m): 1:05am On Nov 16, 2020
Mhizkel:
This write-up is based on my observations so far. And it is centralised on the false beliefs people (not all) have towards light-skinned females.
Below are some of the misconceptions:

1. Bleaching: This tops the list because light-skinned ladies are mostly tagged with the word ''Bleaching'' I know some of our ladies aren't naturally fair, and there are ways one could identify them. The knuckles and knee are good examples. In as much as we have high rate of bleachers, there are still the ones with the natural fair complexion. Every complexion is beautiful be it light, dark or chocolate. Maintainance is all that matters.

2. Mermaid: This sounds funny, but true. Some people have the belief that light-skinned females are from the marine world. Maybe this belief is derived from our Nollywood movies, whereby a light-skinned lady is allowed to play the character of a mermaid, while the dark-skinned one is given the role of a witch. If you're light-skinned and no one ever accused you of being a mermaid, then you've never been to Nigeria.

3. Flirts: A grown up lady is bound to come across admirers/suitors, but in this case, some people believe light-skinned ladies are flirts because of their flashy look and tend to have more admirers. Also, they believe these ladies would surely accept the proposal of atleast 5 out of 10% of their admires, thereby making them a flirt.

4. Materialistic Nature: Some men believe light-skinned ladies are materialistic in nature. A friend once told me he can't date a light-skinned lady because he is not capable of taking care of her needs. Some get scared of approaching one for the fear of their pocket being drained. The fact is, any lady could be materialistic irrespective of her skin complexion.

Lastly, many people believe being light-skinned gives one an edge in a place of work or gathering. There is a little atom of truth in this, but not in all situations. What edge does a light-skinned female has when she is rude, arrogant and disrespectful? Edge has got to do with one personality, not complexion.

NB: Light-skinned women deserves some respect. Not everyone would be born with a dark skin. In as much as black is beautiful, light-skinned is also beautiful.
And ladies, be comfortable with your skin complexion and save yourselves the disgrace of black patches.

they are practically true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When You Break A Guy's Heart (pic) / Good Food Or Good Sex: What Is Really The Way To Your Heart As A Man? / Boyfriend Punches Man For Staring At His Girlfriend’s Butt In North Carolina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.