Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? (2320 Views)

"It Wasn't Love At First Sight": Pretty Lady As She Shares Pre-Wedding Photos / Do Single Ladies Truly Exist? / Love At First Sight!!! [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by bongolistik(m): 6:04am On Oct 13, 2015
Whenever I hear people talking of how they fell in love immediately after seeing that guy or babe for the very first time I tend to shake my head in dismay, because to me it is quite illogical to say that you fell in love to someone just after sighting him/her.

I believe that one can get attracted at first sight and not just fall in love, and that is where most people get it wrong. How can you see somebody and just fall in love, do you really know the meaning of love or what falling in love means?

You don't just fall in love for nothing or just at first sight, it doesn't truly work like that, people fall in love for something deeper and it take quite a time for something deep to really manifest and turn into love.

You don't just love outwardly or by mare seeing physical things and call it love.

You see a girl with big ukwu for the first time and you say you have fallen in love with her, that is not true, cos you only like the ukwu or you are attracted to the ukwu but it never means that you love her.

There is huge difference between love and like. Like has nothing to do with deep affection which only perfectly blends with love and that takes a little while to grow.

No wonder people that always claim love at first sight always break up almost immediately after hooking up like a piece of glass will shatter when dropped from a storey building.

Another thing, I see love at first sight as a mare piece of what I call juvenile infatuation or just attraction as I have said.

Love is for matured mind and not for juvenile like minds.

When I say matured mind, I don't mean age please!

What is your take, do you really believe that love at first sight truly exist?
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by FruityLass: 6:11am On Oct 13, 2015
Your eyes meet, your heart races and within minutes you know you’re in love.
I would say it’s more lust at first sight because it’s physical attraction, which is fine, but real love takes longer to develop.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by jcflex(m): 6:12am On Oct 13, 2015
Depend on your view and belief about it
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by bongolistik(m): 6:13am On Oct 13, 2015
jcflex:
Depend on your view and belief about it
what is your own view about it?
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Cutehector(m): 6:14am On Oct 13, 2015
Yea attraction should b d word for it.

1 Like

Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by naijaboiy: 6:14am On Oct 13, 2015
Love at first sight may not exist, but that attraction a person feels when he sees the girl for him is usually stronger than the normal attraction he has when he sees another girl.

1 Like

Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by okitikpo: 6:21am On Oct 13, 2015
Nairaland romancelanders where at thou
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Behira(f): 6:23am On Oct 13, 2015
naijaboiy:
Love at first sight may not exist, but that attraction a person feels when he sees the girl for him is usually stronger than the normal attraction he has when he sees another girl.
Exactly
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Dojupyo(f): 6:24am On Oct 13, 2015
I may not really say there's Love at first sight #my perspective tho..
One can be attracted to one at first sight, but could that be love?

I think it depends on the way you view it.. I cannot Love at first sight, I may actually be attracted to the person at first time.. Love grows, especially when you water it..

Love is actually giving someone the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to cool

Be ready and have the mindset that your heart can be broken before loving anyone.. Human can be cruel, if dey wan break the heart, dey no go even pity d person, break am small grin
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by naijaboiy: 6:25am On Oct 13, 2015
Behira:
Exactly
Yeap! smiley
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by bongolistik(m): 6:28am On Oct 13, 2015
naijaboiy:
does strong attraction automatically transcends to love? That you are strongly attracted to o someone immediately, does it mean love? Don't you think it can well be an infatuation or paranoia

1 Like

Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Godfullsam(m): 6:30am On Oct 13, 2015
Love @ first sight does not exist anywhere because love is like a trust. It can take a long time to biuld/develop.

What people call love at first sight is actually 'lust'@ first sight.

1 Like

Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 13, 2015
Yes. But most often it is lust not love.

Real love grow with time.

1 Like

Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by naijaboiy: 6:37am On Oct 13, 2015
bongolistik:
does strong attraction automatically transcends to love? That you are strongly attracted to o someone immediately, does it mean love? Don't you think it can well be an infatuation or paranoia
Yes it can. It's a platform on which Love can be built.

I never said getting attracted to someone means love but the attraction you feel for someone that your mind settles for is usually stronger than mere infatuation.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Scatterscatter(m): 6:41am On Oct 13, 2015
Love at first sight is a fallacy and a terrible crescendo or apogee of infatuation. You don't fall in love with someone based on what you see or feel about a person. Which is what "love at First sight is always tied to. Falling in love is a decision you make regardless of your emotions or feelings.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by bongolistik(m): 6:46am On Oct 13, 2015
I can even liken it to digging a borehole...in gigging a borehole the water table is the love. When you start digging a borehole at first sight (sighting of the babe or guy for the first time), you will not find water table (love) immediately, but you might like the site or environment in which you want to dig the borehole at first sight.

Then as the digging progresses, you might be liking the different texture of Sands that comes out, yet the love is still building. When you now gets to the water table, you know you found love. In other words, true love always take time to build and not just at mare first sight

1 Like

Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yes it can. It's a platform on which Love can be built.

I never said getting attracted to someone means love but the attraction you feel for someone that your mind settles for is usually stronger than mere infatuation.
attraction to what exactly?? They call it love at first sight??what can yu be attracted to that can build love at first sight/glance...I guess its the beauty or the body,wat if she turns out to be beautiful without brains??would the love still be built based on the attraction that no longer exist??
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by okitikpo: 6:56am On Oct 13, 2015
Harbosede02:
attraction to what exactly?? They call it love at first sight??what can yu be attracted to that can build love at first sight/glance...I guess its the beauty or the body,wat if she turns out to be beautiful without brains??would the love still be built based on the attraction that no longer exist??
ukwu na
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by naijaboiy: 6:58am On Oct 13, 2015
Harbosede02:
Yes it's the beauty and the body.

What else will you be attracted to before? Are those attributes there for fancy? How can you know if someone has brains on the first meet? That is hardly possible.

When you get attracted to the person you can then start getting to know each other and discover other features the person may possess. From there Love will definitely grow if you both agree with each other.

undecided
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by okitikpo: 7:06am On Oct 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

What else will you be attracted to before? Are those attributes there for fancy? How can you know if someone has brains on the first meet? That is hardly possible.

When you get attracted to the person you can then start getting to know each other and discover other features the person may possess. From there Love will definitely grow if you both agree with each other.

undecided
but am still yet to understand your take from the OP's question. You are standing neither here nor there. In all that you have said, what is actually your stand, cos some of your point I see yes that love at first sight exist while in other of your comments you sounded like no it doesn't exist.

I think it was clear enough. What is your take. Are you for yes love at first sight exist or no it doesn't exist. I just want to understand the direction that you are moving towards
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by naijaboiy: 7:12am On Oct 13, 2015
okitikpo:
but am still yet to understand your take from the OP's question. You are standing neither here nor there. In all that you have said, what is actually your stand, cos some of your point I see yes that love at first sight exist while in other of your comments you sounded like no it doesn't exist.

I think it was clear enough. What is your take. Are you for yes love at first sight exist or no it doesn't exist. I just want to understand the direction that you are moving towards
Sorry,i don't have the Luxury to explain myself again.

The posts i've made are enough for one to grab my stand point. If you can't,then don't get disturbed by it.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2015
There's no such thing as love at first sight. Even attraction at first sight is often times attached to his/her physical attributes which you can easily snap yourself out of because it's fleeting and not even strong.

1 Like

Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by okitikpo: 7:27am On Oct 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

Sorry,i don't have the Luxury to explain myself again.

The posts i've made are enough for one to grab my stand point. If you can't,then don't get disturbed by it.
I don't mean any harm neither am I disturbed. Just trying to grab your stands
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

undecided
u are quoting me wrongly i said wat if u find out its beauty without brains later??Would the love still grow??am thinking abt the negative aspects of the so called love at first sight than the positive aspects... It all boils down to what if the attributes u thought were there wasn't?

U will definitely work it out abi?? angry
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by naijaboiy: 7:38am On Oct 13, 2015
okitikpo:
I don't mean any harm neither am I disturbed. Just trying to grab your stands
The Op stated that there is nothing like love at first sight but mere attraction and I agreed with him but I buttressed further that some attractions may be stronger than the others.

There are some ladies that when you see them the first thing that comes to your mind is sex but for a few others you have a conviction that it can be more than sex for that person while still attracted to her physical features.

I don't know how else i'm gonna explain this really. undecided
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by djeezy(m): 7:39am On Oct 13, 2015
It's attraction/likeness/lust at first sight not love. Nothing like love at first sight.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by naijaboiy: 7:41am On Oct 13, 2015
Harbosede02:
u are quoting me wrongly i said wat if u find out its beauty without brains later??Would the love still grow??am thinking abt the negative aspects of the so called love at first sight than the positive aspects... It all boils down to what if the attributes u thought were there wasn't?

U will definitely work it out abi?? angry
There is no such thing as "PERFECT LOVE". Everything is "TRIAL AND ERROR", you have to take risks before you find the person that will fit your spec.

If a man notices that a woman doesn't have what he is looking for,its better he quits on time. If he remains,then he should be ready to contain the consequences later.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

There is no such thing as "PERFECT LOVE". Everything is "TRIAL AND ERROR", you have to take risks before you find the person that will fit your spec.

If a man notices that a woman doesn't have what he is looking for,its better he quits on time. If he remains,then he should be ready to contain the consequences later.
lol..u've devaited.... all I got frm wat u wrote is dah ur love at first sight might nt eventually turn out to be wat u thought it would be.that's enuf
Av a nyc day
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by naijaboiy: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2015
Harbosede02:
lol..u've devaited.... all I got frm wat u wrote is dah ur love at first sight might nt eventually turn out to be wat u thought it would be.that's enuf
Av a nyc day
You never understood my point in the first place that was why you quoted me out of context. Because if I remember clearly I never stated that love at first sight exists.

People who lack comprehension skills should not divulge in arguments and make a muse of themselves. undecided
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by okitikpo: 8:02am On Oct 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

The Op stated that there is nothing like love at first sight but mere attraction and I agreed with him but I buttressed further that some attractions may be stronger than the others.

There are some ladies that when you see them the first thing that comes to your mind is sex but for a few others you have a conviction that it can be more than sex for that person while still attracted to her physical features.

I don't know how else i'm gonna explain this really. undecided
I get you better now, but when you say strong attraction you always sound as if it will end up leading to true love. Off course it can finally develop into love on the long run and also on the contrary it might not also develop into love. In other words that strong attraction is definitely not love, whether the attraction is strong or faint doesn't entails love at first sight
Re: Does Love At First Sight Truly Exist? by naijaboiy: 8:06am On Oct 13, 2015
okitikpo:
I get you better now, but when you say strong attraction you always sound as if it will end up leading to true love. Off course it can finally develop into love on the long run and also on the contrary it might not also develop into love. In other words that strong attraction is definitely not love, whether the attraction is strong or faint doesn't entails love at first sight
Yes,it's not Love. But you have the ability to turn it into that,with the participation of the other person of course.

We are saying the same thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

$xu@l Story, The Abuja Experience Part One / Do I Look Drunk? / See What These Ladies Began To Do After Getting High On Alcohol (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.