Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri (35607 Views)

BREAKING: Boko Haram: Multiple Explosions Rock Maiduguri Again - Daily Post / Explosions Kill Worshippers In Borno Mosques / Female Suicide Bombers Hit Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by oatzeal(m): 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
Three blasts hit the city of Maiduguri in northeast Nigeria on Tuesday killing a number of people, locals and the Red Cross said.

AFP reports that the “huge explosions” happened in the Ajilari Cross area of the city, which has been targeted by similar attacks twice in the last month, including on September 20 when 117 were killed.

The previous attacks were blamed on Boko Haram, which has increasingly hit “soft” civilian targets in recent months using suicide bombers and improvised explosive devices.

It was not immediately clear what caused the latest blasts, which happened in quick succession from 8:10 pm (1910 GMT), said Bashir Mohammed, whose house is near the scene.

“We are all confused and people are running helter-skelter,” he said.

Sheriff Ahmad, a cleric in the area, said: “Many people have been killed. I don’t know how many and I don’t think anyone can tell you now.”

Ahmad described seeing body parts on his house, while Hafsat Sani, a nurse at the nearby Umaru Shehu Hospital, said: “There are many houses around the area and the blasts have affected many of them.”

The hospital quickly began receiving the injured while police, soldiers, the Red Cross and officials from Nigeria’s National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) were mobilised, he said.

A Red Cross official said: “Obviously there are people that died but I don’t have figures.”

There was no immediate comment from the police or military while details were sketchy as Maiduguri is subject to a night-time curfew.

On October 1, at least 10 people were killed and 39 injured when four suicide bombers blew themselves up in a wave of attacks in Ajilari Cross, which is near Maidugiri airport and a military base.

At least two bombs were strapped to teenage girls, witnesses and the police said at the time.

The September 20 attack targeted a mosque and killed football fans watching a televised match as well as bystanders.

Amnesty International said last month that the Boko Haram conflict had killed at least 1,600 people since the start of June in Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon and called for more protection for civilians.

An AFP tally puts the death toll at more than 1,320 in Nigeria alone since Muhammadu Buhari became president on May 29.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/10/huge-explosions-rock-maiduguri/

1 Share

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by oatzeal(m): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by papaejima1: 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
Buhari for defence minister

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by zico530(m): 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
When will this end?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by saintopus(m): 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
Buhari government will defeat Boko Haram --Obasanjo

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by mightyhaze: 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2015
So dese boko ppl no sabi read body language ni??

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by Mutuwa(m): 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
Noting to write.
May the Almighty save us all.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chai!!! How did we get here!! Even the airports are no longer safe!! Change indeed!! Thank God I was not a party to this scam!!

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by ki02020(m): 9:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bad news to end what has been a very intresting day with the ministerial screening embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
Buhari, I heard that the stink of your body alone can put anything on hold? Can you please go closer to NE in stead of staying in Abj.

84 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by Dannyset(m): 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
It's really a difficult time for the people of Maiduguri right now.

14 Likes

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
Buhari moved the command centre to maiduguri and appointed virtually all the service chiefs from bornu yet all we get from them are daily press ups while boko haram keeps attacking us on daily basis!! This is the real definition of cluelessness.

140 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
The snake charmer and the dullard are winning the war

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by dunkem21(m): 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2015
A section should be created on NL for boko Haram activities to free the politics board undecided ..

..While we pray for this menace to come to an end, it is pertinent to admonish those who rejoiced at the news of any bomb blast six months back with calls to the commander in chief to resign ..

..May the Almighty grant strength to the affected family members the fortitude to bear this loss ..

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by MyMouth(m): 9:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
chukwudi44:
Chai!!! How did we get here!! Even the airports are no longer safe!! Change indeed!! Thank God I was not a party to this scam!!
E be like say e dey sweet u to dey hear bomb blast all the time! Silly old man! Mtweeeeeeee

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by warrior01: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
We are winning the war- Nigeria Army

48 Likes

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by armadeo(m): 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ok. We hear. Those virgin seekingpeodophiles at it again.

I really hope they meet 72 virgin gays who would ram them for all eternity.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by ishiamu(m): 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Na pdp drop am

Gej why after u lost yu still sendin boko haram to bomb us in ngeneukwenu's voice
grin cheesy grin cheesy

Number 1 lying liar on NL

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by pounds12345: 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
I heard the sound but am not sure of the location for now.
Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by mightyhaze: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chai! Na scam be dis? I thot comissioner assured us dat bughari will lead ds war 4m d front n conquer boko within 2 months

7 Likes

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
MyMouth:

E be like say e dey sweet u to dey hear bomb blast all the time! Silly old man! Mtweeeeeeee

Olodo am i a boko haram sympathiser like you? I am criticizing Buhari so he shall use some of his maistateine skills he told us during the campaigns!!was I the one that said we will defeat boko haram in 2 months?

103 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by queenzibah(f): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
MyMouth:

hypocrisy

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by BlackTechnology: 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Disadvantage of doing press ups and charming snakes

God bless Ihejirika and Jonathan cool

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by tjesssie: 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Nawa ooo
Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by stanech: 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Body Language is working

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by modath(f): 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
See them crowing with glee after melting into thin air all day... Like vultures on sighting carrion..undecided
Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by BlackTechnology: 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
MyMouth:

The way e sweet you during Jonathan's time cheesy

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by oatzeal(m): 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
oatzeal:
A bomb blast in maiduguri borno state now??

A reader just pinged us that a bomb just blasted in maiduguri around Ngomari Airport now

cc lalasticlala

source: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2015/10/bomb-blast-in-ngomari-airport-maiduguri.html

pounds12345:
I heard the sound but am not sure of the location for now.
[size=20pt] @ POUNDS12345 ,pls update us as soon as u get detail on this thread, thanks[/size]
Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by stanech: 9:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
Duara dulLlard oozing
Snake charmer jogging
Nigerian army. Running
Boko haram bombing

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by hassman: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
How did he capture this blast? Was he at the scene or he was expecting the blast? Is your image not fake?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Huge Bomb Explosions Hit Maiduguri by oatzeal(m): 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
hassman:
How did he capture this blast? Was he at the scene or he was expecting the blast? Is your image not fake?

illustrative image.. true message..okay??

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Banks Under Buhari's Microscopic Watch / Femi Falana Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari / Mahmoud Halilu Picks Adamawa Governorship Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.