Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List (60308 Views)

Buhari Dropped The Mic With A Bang And Walked Out On Chibok Parents – Yesufu / Buhari Withdraws Ibeto From Ministerial List - Vanguard / Abuja Natives Decry Omission From Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
Segadem:
Can someone from PH confirm this, is it true that Nelson Wike was a local council chairman before Amaechi brought him to the state house?
who is nelson wike abeg?

The present governor was in that position. Amaechi didn't bring him to state house.
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by 400billionman: 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
His name sounds Igbo.

Moreover Ibeto cement is no longer available for purchase under Buhari.
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Eyah o... Ibeto, kpele
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
Segadem:
Can someone from PH confirm this, is it true that Nelson Wike was a local council chairman before Amaechi brought him to the state house?

WIKE was the chairman of OBIOR APKOR LGA
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by LegatusGlaber(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
RaDaZaBaNa:
God I pray...Do not let me lose my appointment and blessing in order to balance the Norm.

Let the rules bend for my success oh Lord.

Amen
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by EgusiSoup: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Where is EgusiSoup? undecided

cheesy

CC
Boiledcorn
Friedplantain
Redoil
Bitterleafsoup

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by ademusiwa5: 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by wiseoneking: 2:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Strong indications emerged on Wednesday, that President Muhammadu Buhari may have withdrawn the name of immediate past Deputy Governor of Niger State, Ahmed Musa Ibeto from his ministerial list.

Ahmed Musa Ibeto

Vanguard can exclusively report that President Buhari has earlier sent a letter to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, notifying him of the withdrawal of Ibeto.

The letter Vanguard gathered from an authoritative source will be read on the floor of the Senate before screening commences on Wednesday.
Ibeto made the first batch of 21 ministerial nominees sent to the Senate President by Buhari on September 30.

However, Vanguard gathered last night that the withdrawal of Ibeto’s name may not be unconnected to the fact that like Ibeto, another ministerial nominee, Abubakar Bawa Bwari, who was among the second batch of 16 nominees announced by Senate President yesterday, also hails from Niger State.

See the full profile of Ahmed Musa Ibeto here 
According to Vanguard’s background check, Abubakar Bawa Bwari popularly called ABB by his admirers was born on 4th November 1963 in Tafa Local Government Area of Niger State.
He was elected as a member of the Federal House of Representatives, representing Suleja/Gurara/Tafa Federal Constituency in 1998 and subsequently became Chief Whip of the House, a position where he served meritoriously over a period spanning 1999-2007.

Abubakar Bawa Bwari

See the full profile of Abubakar Bawa Bwari here
Meanwhile, when contacted last night to clarify the mix-up on why two nominees hail from Niger State, the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, Mr. Femi Adesina said: “The names of ministerial nominees President Muhammadu Buhari has sent to the Senate for screening, had no states of origin attached to them. As soon as the President does that, it will be made public.”

With Ibeto reportedly dropped, the total number of ministerial nominees now stands at 36 instead of 37.

Confirming this development via his Twitter handle @bukolasaraki, the Senate President in a tweet yesterday evening said: “Today, I presided over the screening and confirmation of 10 of the 36 Ministers nominated by President Muhammadu.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/why-buhari-dropped-niger-ministerial-nominee-ahmed-ibeto/

the most confused president? After 4 months of searching? Mistakes and omissions?
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Lakeland4321: 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Segadem:
Yes, he was Obio Akpor LGA chairman from 1999-2006 (its the 2nd richest LGA after ikeja).
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by free13: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
grin
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by drtwist(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
Segadem:
yes he was a LG Chairman, he was the strongest political asset of Amaechi( i mean a true grass root of ikwere land) during PDP primary b4 Obj interfare with it. Then dey call him one man squad
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by mrsuccessful(m): 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Segadem:

Tonyebarcanista
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by fineguy11(m): 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
worlexy:
One thing I notice about this government is its instability, says something today, denies it tomorrow. Appoints someone today, changes mind tomorrow. I think that is an attribute of someone who thinks after acting as against the reasonable way of thinking before acting. This govt is confused.
contract shakespear,u just gave INSTABILITY a new meaning...
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by oz4real83(m): 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Na wa o! This Ibeto is second Moses o! He saw the promised land,perceived the aroma,felt the breeze,heard the music but couldn't enter! See am see minister! This kind thing can pain!!!
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by soochukwu(m): 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
http://chucksoil.mysyntek.com/ A life changing opportunity for low income earner,unemployed,employed,business people and the general public click and learn more
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by ochiosa(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
Segadem:
YES HE WAS THE CHAIRMAN OF OBIAKPOR L.G.A, BUT IT WAS HIM AND MAGNUS ABE THAT BROUGHT AMECHI TO GOVT HOUSE.
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by annibro(f): 6:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
The present Gov of Niger State, the SSG, d Speaker & Ibeto are all from the same zone. So Bawa Bwari was just a last minute inclusion on d 2nd list 4d replacement 2 balance 'State Character'
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Naijiant: 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by justmenoni: 7:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
Short/simple prayer point but I say amen for you,for me,for everyone reading this and everyone else.

quote author=RaDaZaBaNa post=38973834]God I pray...Do not let me lose my appointment and blessing in order to balance the Norm.

Let the rules bend for my success oh Lord.[/quote]
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
RaDaZaBaNa:
God I pray...Do not let me lose my appointment and blessing in order to balance the Norm.

Let the rules bend for my success oh Lord.

AMEN
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2015
Segadem:
yes
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by salam1(m): 6:25am On Oct 15, 2015
worlexy:
One thing I notice about this government is its instability, says something today, denies it tomorrow. Appoints someone today, changes mind tomorrow. I think that is an attribute of someone who thinks after acting as against the reasonable way of thinking before acting. This govt is confused.
at least beta Dan d former one
Re: Why Buhari Dropped Ahmed Ibeto From Ministerial List by salam1(m): 6:26am On Oct 15, 2015
worlexy:
at least beta Dan d former ones

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi / List Of States Yet To Get Ministerial Nominees / Air Force Performs First All-Female Crew ISR Mission (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.