Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage (1520 Views)

To Maintain Your Virginity In Campus Is A Great Achievement. / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / How To Maintain Your Pink/reddish Lips(continuation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by safarigirl(f): 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Many times, people have argued that it takes two to tango and so, marriage is based off of the efforts of both parties.

As much as this is true, the fact of it all is that the woman takes 60% of the responsibilities as far as having a successful marriage goes. It is said that a good woman and a bad man can have a successful marriage, but a bad woman and a good man will have a failed marriage. I may noy fully agree with this saying, but there is an iota of truth to it.

Ladies, it behoves on you all to keep your marriage because if it fails tomorrow, it will be all on you. hence, I've compiled some points to help keep that marriage.

1) [b]Communication[\b]: Nobody is a psychic (well, maybe some people are, but we aren't all psychics), therefore, it is pertinent that you tell your husband whatever it is that's bothering you. Talk about even things some may term flimsy. if it bothers you, don't die in silence, God gave you a mouth for a reason. use it....
While you speak though, don't forget to listen. As much as women love to be the centre of attention, your man also requires some attention. You have your faults, you're no Perfect Penny. Listen to him, understand his problems and learn to work with and around them, which brings me to point 2.

2) [b]Be Content[\b]: You know you didn't marry Dangote's son, yet, you expect him to take you on outrageous trips and spend lavishly on you only because you have friends whose husbands do same for them. You married Peter and you're comparing him to Tunde and Edozie, why didn't you marry them?
Nothing hurts a man more than a deliberate stab to his ego. He wants his woman to see him as Superman even if he's just an average Joe, so making the family dinner a mini-seminar on the awesomeness of Toyin's husband is just a way of sending your man away from you.

3) [b]Don't Discuss Your Marriage With Outsiders[\b]: And by 'outsiders' I mean anybody who isn't in that marriage. It is better to discuss your problems with your husband and sort it out between you both than to go talk to anybody willing to give you audience. More often than not, you're speaking to the wrong person and taking advice from people who don't give a rat's a.s.s about you.
The one who wears the shoe knows where it pinches, not the shoe maker. Your pastor is not a marriage counsellor, he can only talk. Your friends aren't marriage counsellors either, which brings me to point 4.

4) [b]Watch Your Friends[\b]: This point may not appeal to everyone, but the truth is, a change of marital status should mean a change of friends for the woman. As much as you still want to hang with your spinster friends, you'll have to drop most of them eventually. Men are not comfortable with having their wives hang with certain women due to their shady nature. Married women are the preferred choice. At least if you must talk to someone, the married lady will be better positioned to understand where you're coming from and will give better advice. Which brings me to my next point.

6) [b]If He Doesn't Like Her, She's Probably Bad[\b]: Men don't just randomly dislike a certain friend. There always is something off about that friend to justify his dislike. Stop acting like Chief defence counsel to Ivie like say na you born her. One day, he'll give you an ultimatum and you'll have to choose between your friendship and your marriage. So, why don't you make things easy on everyone and end that friendship?

7) [b]His family should be your best friend[\b]: Yes, cook for them, clean for them, support hem and speak out for hem never they have issues with your man. Just make sure that his family is on your side because when you get into trouble with him, you are going to NEED back-up, and who better to defend you than mood relatives?

cool [b]Stay Sexy[\b]: Remember the way you looked on your wedding day? If he had his way, you'd remain that way forever. Men are visually stimulated, if he married you as Genevieve, don't go Eniola Badmus on him in 3 years and blame it on the kids. It's easy for a man to lose interest when you don't appeal to him physically. Heidi Klum has 5 kids, Omoni Oboli has 3 and they maintain their weights. Go on that diet, gym, do whatever, but make sure you stay sexy for

Anyone got more to add?

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
Safarigirl are you married?
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by Vinshu(f): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
undecided
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by SeverusSnape(m): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nice one.
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by ShutTheFhuckUp: 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
n0† readinq,
fuckinq_ †oo lonq.

Nexxxx†.!
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by Funjosh(m): 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
Sometimes you need to discus your marriage with an outsider when u see that its crashing on you so you won't die under it tongue
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by Sanchez01: 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
Safarigirl are you married?
Was just about asking her the same. Unfortunately, maintaining marriages often times go beyond some of the things she mentioned there.

Nice points thoughsmiley
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by amazon911: 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
I agree with most of the things you wrote, but with that of cooking and cleaning for my in-laws. Now if my mother or father in-law lives with me I can do all that for them because I can do the same for my own mother and father. But in the case of doing it for my brother or sister in-laws that is a no no am no body's maid. Besides I hate doing laundering. Though I do cook for my mother and father in-laws from my house and take to their place occasionally. The part about women taxing their husband beyond his pocket is too bad many women are guilty of this. My advice to women out there is, get a job and stop weighing ur man down with so much responsibilities even the ridiculous ones. Great post all the same.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
9) Love and respect your husband

Every other thing is pretty much useless if you don't love Him genuinely.
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by NickiRoman: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2015
Can't believe this is coming from Safarigirl.SHOCKER!
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by safarigirl(f): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2015
NickiRoman:
Can't believe this is coming from Safarigirl.SHOCKER!
dear, after the things I saw this holiday, I gats talk

I used to think no sane man can ever marry me, but the 'married' women I encountered gave me a different perspective in life. Some men are trying abeg

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by NickiRoman: 10:25am On Oct 22, 2015
safarigirl:
dear, after the things I saw this holiday, I gats talk

I used to think no sane man can ever marry me, but the 'married' women I encountered gave me a different perspective in life. Some men are trying abeg
GIVE ME A STORY TO HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT BROUGHT ABOUT THIS DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE IN LIFE.
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by KingTom(m): 10:45am On Oct 22, 2015
NickiRoman:
GIVE ME A STORY TO HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT BROUGHT ABOUT THIS DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE IN LIFE.
how far! angry
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 22, 2015
The truth is a hard pill to swallow undecided
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by NickiRoman: 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
KingTom:
how far! angry
how are you? cheesy
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by KingTom(m): 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
NickiRoman:
how are you? cheesy
I'm good, you? smiley
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by misspicy(f): 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nice points OP...please what should men do to preserve their marriages.....coz i hate one sided ADVICES ABEG...men are as guilty as d women if their marriage fails

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by NickiRoman: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
KingTom:
I'm good, you? smiley
I'm alright cheesy
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by KingTom(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
NickiRoman:
I'm alright cheesy
ok baby. grin
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by NickiRoman: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
KingTom:
ok baby. grin
yeye boy grin
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by 400billionman: 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Give him S3£ as often as he demands.

Some ladies dont just like sex. One lady said, she will only do Once in a Week with her husband. Some do only missionary.

What now is the man's benefit closing his eyes to marry a lady who writes timetable for sex. ?
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by KingTom(m): 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
NickiRoman:
yeye boy grin
grin grin
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by virginboy1(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2015
Safarigirl, I need realistic ladies lie you in my life. ☺
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by virginboy1(m): 6:55am On Oct 26, 2015
grin
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 26, 2015
Yeske because huzband scarce for outside oh
Re: Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage by safarigirl(f): 7:51am On Oct 26, 2015
NickiRoman:
I even have 2....kinda close to home as well, cuz I know these guys.

One lives with a woman that can't even clean up her home, the place looks like a pigsty more often than not, I've only seen dirtier houses on 'Clean House'....to think there's even a woman in that house is terrible. And she keeps telling people that she can't imagine herself doing work, she has no kids and doesn't even want to consider it. In fact, that one no be wife.

The second keeps telling everyone her business, accusing her hubby of infidelity, confronting the supposed 'other woman' (based on hearsey), shouting down the man when he warned her to stop telling everyone her business..... just generally insecure.

My eyes have seen and my ears have heard, some people have no marriage.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Pretty Girls Will Still Date You If You’re An Ugly Guy! / Sometimes When I Look At Myself I Say Thank You Lord / I Had An Abortion Without Telling My Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.