Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted (6313 Views)

Pls Let's Share This Till It Gets To Fashola And The Lagos Police Commisioner / Ekiti Inec Boss Quits, Resignation Not Accepted: / Ekiti Inec Resident Commissioner Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Kobojunkie: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2009
Xavier.:

Moves

Go the whole and have her safety jeopardised. I hear u

Gani no be human being? No be Gani them dey threaten left and right for that same naija?

By the way, this same woman who claimed her life was threaten was apparently able to speak about how THEY are out to get her. Now if we can only figure out who THEY , in her version, are. Seems THEY is to blame for every problem in Nigeria. Those evil THEY !!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by MrCrackles(m): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2009
Na wa ooo!

Hasty resignation!

Breakdown in communication about the situation of things!!

Declared wanted!!!

I am waiting for another twist!!!!!! grin
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by opuro(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2009
why police go declear her wanted?
if you give me a job and I say I no de do again.
abi eye-neck work na do or die?
nna I fear for naija o
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by agabaI23(m): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2009
Kobo
what have you to say about  Dora's outburst yet?

Partly to me she is right by saying that the woman has the authority to correct what she complained about in her letter of resignation. Which is what she as NAFDAC Dora would do.

As the mouthpiece of govt it is natural for her to say the woman in question is sabotaging the elctoral process.

Has anyone reasoned that Ngigegate might be playing out here? If she is realy awol, is it possible she was forced to sign a resignation by a cabal whose biddings she refused to do? This could be a side to the story if it is true that people have been calling for her resignation
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by yeswecan(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2009
I think she has the full right to declear the result, why is she running from her responsibility?
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by FBS: 11:38am On Apr 29, 2009
oh what a country.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2009
na wa for dis country called naija. how can you declare somebody you have not invited wanted.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by decworld1: 11:50am On Apr 29, 2009
TO my own point of view chief mrs olusola adebayor did the right thing b/cos she doesn't want to belong to class of people who take bribe or rig the election b/cos of their selfish interest.okiro leave her alone.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by mazaje(m): 11:53am On Apr 29, 2009
nigerians can't hold an election in a single state eh? grin grin
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by JJYOU: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2009
mazaje:

nigerians can't hold an election in a single state eh? grin grin
lawless and dark minded people. PDP are bunch of theiving thugs. collection of mostly enemies of nigeria. people who just want to steal and steal what they probably cant use if given 5 life times. small ghana and south africa can do elections nigeria cant. shame
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by deor03(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2009
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by peleoju(f): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2009
dats gud of her. she should also do the nation a favour by giving us the full details about wat led to her resignation.pdp and their wayo, only God can help Nigeria,
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by blacksta(m): 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2009
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by youngies(m): 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2009
So much speculations

In a live radio program I monitored in Abuja this morning, the woman's Personal Assistant called in and made the following assertions:

1. The election process went on without a hitch until the point of collation.

2. The returning officers of about 5 LGs returned with results that were not authenticated by the duly accredited party agents

3. She asked why the results were not signed by party agents, the Returning Officers claimed that there were fracas in those areas and they were forced to take the ballot boxes to a  police station for compilation

4. She asked who gave them the permission to compile the results at the police station, the RO answered, "nobody"

5. Afterwards, the REC refused to acknowledge all the  results from those areas

6. Pressures and death threats started mounting immediately, PDP and AC thugs misconstrued her stance, while PDP was pressuring her to accept the results, AC was asking for the release of all the result collated

6. Meanwhile she was not provided with any form of security whatsoever by the police

7. She made frantic efforts to call Iwu, but no success; she called other INEC commissioners but they informed her that they were on their way to Akure. She had no help!

8. It was at this point she feigned sickness and escaped from Ekiti, the PA claimed he drove her out himself to Lagos

9. As she was still trying to reach Iwu, the next thing she heard was the press conference of Iwu where he claimed that She was "INDISPOSSED". This he did without checking on her first

10. Then more death threats started pouring in, she has no option than to throw in the towel instead of going against her beliefs

The PA said that at the time of the radio program (POLITICAL PLATFORM) this morning  on RAY POWER that she was already on her way to Abuja to meet with her employers to clarify issues with them and also the presidency
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by wholex(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
Dora has been a power drunk since the awards she got at Nafdac got to her head, Adedibu had accused her of fighting because he didnt recommed her for mimisterial appointment , with all these happening , she is justifying adedibu's allegation.

Because of her thirst for political appointmnet , we all saw at every PDP presidential political rally during 2007 election campaign.

I used to be her fan b4 but for show of shame yesterday she has become part of them or may be she is just showing her real person

ONLY GOD KNOWS BETTER PERSON
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by mogentle(m): 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2009
@Kobo[/b]junkie and @ Moves
You guys are just ranting since, i've been monitoring this Kobononsense contributions. Kobo was comparing Adenike Grange's resignation to Mrs Ayoka's, does that make sense at all?  Must u compare just anything all because u want to discredit Mrs Ayoka's action.
    Hear this, Rome was not built in a day, wether u like it or not, the woman has done her best. It may not be so easy to come out to name who's who just like that, that can wait tilll after resignation or when she is asked. Meanwhile you guys cannot tell me she did not state the reason for her resignation in her letter.
Do you expect her to just start to adress press coference like that? That will not be civil enough.
It's a matter of one after the other. Now she has been invited to shed more light on her letter, from there she may tell them more that are not in the resignation letter.

So [b]Kobojunkie
, If you and I can even do the little that this woman has done(the action u are discrediting) i believe this Nigeria will surely change for better.  

As for Dora, She is wearing a white dress and she did not mind playing with red oil, she should not complain of spots later in the day.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by JJYOU: 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2009
youngies:

So much speculations

In a live radio program I monitored in Abuja this morning, the woman's Personal Assistant called in and made the following assertions:

1. The election process went on without a hitch until the point of collation.

2. The returning officers of about 5 LGs returned with results that were not authenticated by the duly accredited party agents

3. She asked why the results were not signed by party agents, the Returning Officers claimed that there were fracas in those areas and they were forced to take the ballot boxes to a  police station for compilation

4. She asked who gave them the permission to compile the results at the police station, the RO answered, "nobody"

5. Afterwards, the REC refused to acknowledge all the  results from those areas

6. Pressures and death threats started mounting immediately, PDP and AC thugs misconstrued her stance, while PDP was pressuring her to accept the results, AC was asking for the release of all the result collated

6. Meanwhile she was not provided with any form of security whatsoever by the police

7. She made frantic efforts to call Iwu, but no success; she called other INEC commissioners but they informed her that they were on their way to Akure. She had no help!

8. It was at this point she feigned sickness and escaped from Ekiti, the PA claimed he drove her out himself to Lagos

9. As she was still trying to reach Iwu, the next thing she heard was the press conference of Iwu where he claimed that She was "INDISPOSSED". This he did without checking on her first

10. Then more death threats started pouring in, she has no option than to throw in the towel instead of going against her beliefs

The PA said that at the time of the radio program (POLITICAL PLATFORM) this morning  on RAY POWER that she was already on her way to Abuja to meet with her employers to clarify issues with them and also the presidency

nigeria we hail thee

wholex:

Dora has been a power drunk since the awards she got at Nafdac got to her head, Adedibu had accused her of fighting because he didnt recommed her for mimisterial appointment , with all these happening , she is justifying adedibu's allegation.

Because of her thirst for political appointmnet , we all saw at every PDP presidential political rally during 2007 election campaign.

I used to be her fan b4 but for show of shame yesterday she has become part of them or may be she is just showing her real person

ONLY GOD KNOWS BETTER PERSON
you are so right.  is she not  a member of the PDP to get that post?
mogentle:

You guys are just ranting since, i've been monitoring this Kobononsense contributions. Kobo was comparing Adenike Grange's resignation to Mrs Ayoka's, does that make sense at all?  Must u compare just anything all because u want to discredit Mrs Ayoka's action.
    Hear this, Rome was not built in a day, wether u like it or not, the woman has done her best. It may not be so easy to come out to name who's who just like that, that can wait tilll after resignation. Meanwhile you guys cannot tell me she did not state the reason for her resignation in her letter.
Do you expect her to just start to adress press coference like that? That will not be civil enough.
It's a matter of one after the other. Now she has been invited to shed more light on her letter, from their she may tell them more that are not in the resignation letter.

So [b]Kobojunkie
, If you and I can even do the little that this woman has done(the action u are discrediting) i believe this Nigeria will surely change for better.  

As for Dora, She is wearing a white dress and she did not mind playing with red oil, she should not complain of spots later in the day.
trust her to play being a woman card. i am all for women rights in naija but i know too well how most women get jobs in that part of the world. i am talking willing "victims" here. that is if they can be called victims. SADD
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by youngies(m): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
My personal view on this whole saga is that in as much as I commend the REC for calling the bluff of election riggers by refusing to be part of their ignoble practices, I don't think Chief Adebayo should have resigned.

Her resignation has not solved the problem on ground. She should have gone a step further by exposing all the culprits in a world press conference.

Again people, her resignation has thrown up a lot of constitutional challenges

I am waiting to see how the FG will resolve this one, though they have taken the first right step by rejecting her resignation.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Moves: 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2009
mogentle:

Hear this, Rome was not built in a day, wether u like it or not, the woman has done her best. It may not be so easy to come out to name who's who just like that, that can wait tilll after resignation. Meanwhile you guys cannot tell me she did not state the reason for her resignation in her letter.
It's a matter of one after the other. Now she has been invited to shed more light on her letter, from their she may tell them more that are not in the resignation letter.

So [b]Kobojunkie
I have commended her on her opting to thread the part of honour by not doing the bidding of the Cabal (note this is still an unsubstanciated allegation until she comes out to say what went on), but she falls short of being a heroine by not stating what exactly transpired, hence the import of her resignation pales into significance, Now we are hearing that she might have been bribed by Tinubu N200 million, Now the Integrity that she wants to preserve is being questioned and rightly so, as long as she continues to leave us in the dark, I my own book she hasnt done anything, As a xtian did she omit the book of Esther in the bible, Esther said if I perish I Perish, and this was a young queen, This is the problem with Nigeria, we dont want to make sacrifices even if it might enhance the future of the next generations, we sell our votes for few naira's , This drama continues,
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by mogentle(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2009
youngies:

Her resignation has not solved the problem on ground. She should have gone a step further by exposing all the culprits in a world press conference.

Again people, her resignation has thrown up a lot of constitutional challenges

Hey  @Youngies, you are right ,but adressing the world press conference is not ussually allowed for a public officer like her.  I think she would spoil her case by doing that.
She is still going to open the can of worms i'm sure.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by MAITEMA(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2009
What a country!

With I.G. of Police there with 10,000 of his men, they couldn't enforce Law & Order to prevent common & political thugs from disrupting the election. If they had, it would have been impossible for the "invisible" shot-callers to remote her to the point of doing a "Humphrey Nwosu"
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Iranoladun(f): 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2009
In a country where millions refused to stand up for their rights under the excuse of security or fear(?)

In a country where millions refused to stand up for their rights choosing the path of selfish benefits/comfort instead

In a country where millions refused to stand up for their rights but will rather whine & whine in the corner of their bedrooms(or on pages of nairaland?)

In a country where millions refused to stand up for their rights but they'd rather be described as shoulda-woulda-coulda

I commend Chief Ayoka Adebayo's decision to resign & her right to leave & live to tell the tales[color=#550000]

If only we are all half as courageous as Chief Adebayo, to look evil in the face and resign rather than partake in it, to know when to leave our various stages in life -when the ovation is loudest, then Nigeria would have been on the path to greatness.

All the people who did not recognise the personal sacrifice that Chief Adebayo made, can you imagine the other alternative? If she had allow herself to be used and release the manipulated results?

Let us all pray for this Septuagenarian safety while we fervently wait for this whole drama being played by the Federal Government under the script directors (Ogbulafor,Yaradua, Dora, Iwu & co) to unfold! undecided[/color]
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by youngies(m): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2009
I am expecting our learned fellows in the house to throw more light on the constitutional issues (if any) that may been raised by the Ekiti REC resignation, especially if she insisted that she has resigned and the FG accepts her resignation
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by mogentle(m): 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2009
More for @ [b]Koboj[/b]unkie
Her action has thrown up many question worthy of consideration. lets agree for the purpose of argument that she took the 200million bribe from Tinubu. the question I want answered are:
1, why is it that this came to the light only after she resigned.
2, is it untrue that PDP is trying to do everythng within its power to win rhis election even 'do or die'
3, what are all the PDP governors doing in Ektiti, away from their costituency if not to win this election at all cost 'do or die'
4, if you were in her shoes would you have done any better. infact what would you have done
for your information 200Million is no small money. I am sure PDP members will be doing all in its capacity to quadriple that offer, if that allegation is true
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Moves: 1:53pm On Apr 29, 2009
Iranoladun:

In a country where millions refused to stand up for their rights under the excuse of security or fear(?)
Yeap-that was the excuse being bandied about as the reason she is not talking

In a country where millions refused to stand up for their rights choosing the path of selfish benefits/comfort instead
--Have you heard the angle that she was offered N200 million , lets not be in haste to make her a heroine yet.

In a country where millions refused to stand up for their rights but they'd rather be described as shoulda-woulda-coulda--Just like Mrs Adebayo, She could have gone the whole hog,

If only we are all half as courageous as Chief Adebayo, to look evil in the face and resign rather than partake in it, to know when to leave our various stages in life -when the ovation is loudest, then Nigeria would have been on the path to greatness.[/b[b]] What about confronting evil and fighting it--who will do that--

All the people who did not recognise the personal sacrifice that Chief Adebayo made, can you imagine the other alternative? If she had allow herself to be used and release the manipulated results[b]?- She didnt make a sacrifice, what she did was more like self preservation and @74 makes u wonder what is the point[/b]

Let us all pray for this Septuagenarian safety
while we fervently wait for this whole drama being played by the Federal Government under the script directors (Ogbulafor,Yaradua, Dora, Iwu & co) to unfold! undecided
- I will rather pray for her to summon courage & tell us the whole truth and deal a decisive blow on the socalled "Evil Cabal" that not all us are without conscience
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Louiz: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2009
hi guys, what will it cause the FG or INEC to provide live coverage for an election in just 9 LGA's? our press men and women just report stuffs all to make revenue for their various media houses.
Nigeria is still rigmarolling with little stuff. the NTA, AIT are all media house that can provide live satellite coverage of all the election activities. just place a camera at all the polling booths and let
all Nigerian and the rest of the world see who will hijack any ballot box or rig the election. we are just deceiving ourselves. the FG have nothing good for us and as such is high time we started thinking of
a revolution in this country, some people have to be sacrificed.

This country sucks, tomorrow someone will come and talk of rule of law and due process. Tax payer's monies would be used again to prosecute another round of tribunal all to deceive the electorate.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Iranoladun(f): 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2009
Louiz:

hi guys, what will it cause the FG or INEC to provide live coverage for an election in just 9 LGA's? our press men and women just report stuffs all to make revenue for their various media houses.
Nigeria is still rigmarolling with little stuff. the NTA, AIT are all media house that can provide live satellite coverage of all the election activities. just place a camera at all the polling booths and let
all Nigerian and the rest of the world see who will hijack any ballot box or rig the election. we are just deceiving ourselves. the FG have nothing good for us and as such is high time we started thinking of
a revolution in this country, some people have to be sacrificed.

This country sucks, tomorrow someone will come and talk of rule of law and due process. Tax payer's monies would be used again to prosecute another round of tribunal all to deceive the electorate.

How many cameras do you think will be required to give live coverages to elections in 10 local government areas? Do you think NTA or even AIT has the capacity to cover elections in all the wards live? Let's be real here: to the best of my knowledge USA did not have live television coverage for all the elections at the various wards neither is the most recent- South Africa. We should just learn how to do the basic thing & not turn politics into a do or die affair.

@Moves did you read in my post where I wrote that
"I commend Chief Ayoka Adebayo's decision to resign & her right to leave & live to tell the tales"[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by chidichris(m): 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2009
the most important thing in life is LIFE.
he who fights and run lives to fight another day - bob marley.
if anyone is blaming this woman over her resignation, let that person use his or her own mother to replace her.
the woman even tried. taking up that job and failing to work in line with the directives of pdp is like standing on the way of a moving train.
why will a normal person get involved in a business the president officially called a do or die affair?
the wisest men in nigeria, i mean the most brave men, no, the most important men, that is men who were ready to die for nigeria are on the run what more an ordinary old woman? where is ribadu? where is el rufai? if they can go on a forced study leave, why won't this woman at least for the sake of her family.
she will remain a hero to me for following the steps of okonjo iweala but for dora to go on the oposite, she will reduce herself to s long as nigeria is concerned. let someone reffer me to this post any day, any time.
all of u blaming this woman, please let ur mothers come and take her post so that we will use them as sacrificial lambs.
if a country cannot find out who killed her arttoney general, how is it possible for them to tell us who kill a mosquitoe?
MADAM! MADAM!! MADAM!!! PLEASE RUN AND RUN AND RUNNNNNNNNNNNN FOR YOUR DARE LIFE.

@kobojunkie,
do u have a mother? can she serve nigeria? where is she? now is the best time for her to lead us be example.
stop ur hypocritical rants here. we are up to see ppl who preach what they do. pls let ur mother come up to show nigerians how to behave.
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by KnowAll(m): 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2009
I read that woman's resignation letter and I felt proud that we still have peolpe like that in the country, " what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul" . More Nigerians should stand up and fight the corrupt practises of our leaders. Kudos to the electoral commissioner
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by Moves: 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2009
@Moves did you read in my post where I wrote that "I commend Chief Ayoka Adebayo's decision to resign & her right to leave & live to tell the tales"

I did, thats why I stated that what she did is more of self preservation (and there is nothing wrong in it, although the need is debatable @74) which is what is wrong with nigeria, we think of ourselve & immediate family above the common good of the whole nation- hence the need to steal for our generations unborn, Declaring the good votes, voiding the rigged election; making public the fake result she is being compelled to announce & the "Evil cabal " behind it, even though it might put her in harms way (what heroine do), that to me is a personal sacrifice,
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by mogentle(m): 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2009
chidichris:

[color=#006600]the most important thing in life is LIFE.
he who fights and run lives to fight another day - bob marley.
if anyone is blaming this woman over her resignation, let that person use his or her own mother to replace her.
GBAM!!!!!!!

To madam Akunyili I say well done o[i][/i] but I would remind you that as a proverb in yoruba goes: 'you do not spoil EDE inorder not to spoil EDE'. Infact, I want you to change the teem of your rebranding efforts to 'Nigeria good people, Bad leaders'
grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti: INEC Commisioner Resigns; Okiro Declares Her Wanted by maxtop(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2009
Nigerian as an entity shd be erased from the earth, this is the election that was to be used to redeemed our image before the international communities but we are busy "rebranding" our image locally, lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SEC Denies Offering Herman Hembe ₦30M Bribe / Sen. Sam Anyanwu Bags Peace And Community Development Award / FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.