Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (61006 Views)

Ndi Igbos Ke Way / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Breaking Guinea Conakry Foreign Affair Recognise Eze Igbo Guinea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Truckpusher(m): 5:13am On Oct 17, 2015
MayorofLagos:

They just killed an Eze on your soil very recently after raping the women and girls in his household.

Igala is beheading and sacking you from your land.

What do you say to that?
Keep consoling yourselves by yourselves. grin

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by FKO81(m): 5:18am On Oct 17, 2015
FKO81:

Emerging trend of social almajiri in Yorubaland
By Hakeem Jamiu

[b]There is a social malaise which is gradually creeping into the lexicon of Yorubaland and this is the ugly spectre of hungry children begging for food and alms at social events. Older women are equally not left out in this ugly but strange practice in Yorubaland. It is strange in Yorubaland because the concept of almajiri which simply means street urchin is common in the Northern part of the country. Yorubas use to refer derisively to anybody soliciting for arms in Yorubaland in the olden days as almajiri. The almajiri of the North are usually children between the age bracket of 7 and 20 in most cases. Almajiris are so desperate for food that any unsuspecting visitor to the Northern part of the country who goes to a restaurant to eat but mistakenly left his food to wash his hands is likely to lose such to waiting almajiris before he comes back for the food.

I first noticed this ugly trend at a ceremony I attended a few months ago at Ayetoro Ekiti. Elderly and middle aged able bodied women from Kwara, Osun and Oyo states invaded the burial ceremony uninvited and were embarrassing guests who refused to give them money. Also noticeable were children with their begging bowls who thronged the venue of the ceremony soliciting for left over food and alms. The children were a pitiable sight. Poverty was clearly written on their faces. I have attended many social functions after that and the same trend was noticeable. But I became worried a few days ago, when I attended the burial ceremony of a friend's father in Ilesha , Osun State . They came in various groups and employ different methods in soliciting for alms. There were the elderly women who were busy harassing guests in the name of praise singing and would not leave until you part with money, there were the men with their public address system which they use in praise singing but which is disturbance and yet, there were Yoruba children in the mould of almajiris with their begging bowls scrambling for left-over and at the same time soliciting for alms.

Fellow guests on my table at the event who were also journalists expressed their concern in unison about the growing trend of almajiri of various categories in Yorubaland. They all agreed that it has become a social problem. We started discussing and realised that the culture of begging in the mould of almajiris is alien to Yoruba culture. In those days before the advent of the British, the Yorubas are a proud people known for their hard work and industry. They practiced hoe agriculture and were well known as traders and for their crafts. Yoruba artists have produced masterpieces of woodcarving and bronze casting, some of which date from as early as the 13th century. Many of Nigeria 's best-known artists and writers are Yoruba. Other occupation of the Yorubas at that time were drumming and masquerading which would now be called showbiz. They engage in all the foregoing occupation but a Yoruba man or woman (able bodied) would not beg for alms as it is considered shameful and something akin to a curse. The Yorubas cherish their oriki (folklore) which is a poetic version of eulogizing the exploits of their progenitors which is an incentive for them to excel and even surpass their progenitors. The Yorubas have harsh words for lazy people. Such people are objects of ridicule and butt of jokes in the society. With this background, it is understandable why we became worried with the array of beggars at the Ilesha ceremony.

After leaving the party, I reflected on the scenario of the almajiris in Ilesha and I was able to draw a relationship between Political almajiris and social almajiris. I discovered that social almajiri had its root in the advent of the politics of do -or-die introduced into the political lexicon of Yorubaland by apostles of mainstream politics especially ex-President Obasanjo. The grand Patron of political almajiris who recently passed away was Chief Lamidi Adedibu. Many have argued that his death has led to the proliferation of almajiris in Yorubaland. This is because those he hitherto dole handouts to must look for other means of survival since he is no more. These political almajiris are ready to exchange their mothers for few coins. A new political class of men without integrity and anything goes was created and they became political almajiris who survive on crumbs from their masters. They would rig, kill, maim and do all sort of things to acquire political power. With the ascension of these men in power, good governance became a thing of the past. Our collective patrimony was squandered by these political almajiris. Nigeria has never been so blessed with petro dollar with oil selling for $156 dollars per barrel but Nigeria has never been so poor with a chunk of the population living below poverty line. So versions of the political almajiris are the social almajiris that now invade ceremonies in Yorubaland. With these children begging for alms, a ready made market for thuggery and other social vices is assured. The activities of the beggars are not limited to parties. At bus stops in our cities, it is a common sight to see women most of who are still in their mid thirties, who would strap a baby at their backs and approach men with stories of despair to solicit for alms. Many of them would end up in bed with such men. This is another brand of alamajiri and these are Yoruba women. A violent version of almajiri but which is gradually being tackled in Lagos is the 'Area Boys' syndrome. These are Yoruba street urchins who are semi- armed robbers.

The underlying factor in this new trend is failure of the Nigerian State on one part and the laziness on the part of these women. Most of them don't want to work, In those days, when everybody's occupation was farming you dare not beg. You must find something to do. But these days, our women and children are too lazy. It is either they steal or beg. In most cases a mother and child become almajiris at social events. So the question now is can a Yoruba man now refer derisively to a Hausa beggar as almajiri when we have many of them now in Yorubaland? The answer is no! This trend must be arrested before it goes out of hand. The almajiris in the North these days engage in novel forms of drug abuse like sniffing of gutter water to get intoxicated, sniffing of adhesives and other drugs so that they are ever ready to unleash terror on the rest of the society whenever they are called upon to do so by the political wing of almajiris. I strongly recommend that guests at public functions must stop encouraging almajiris by giving them money.

But can government which itself owns the political wing of almajiris arrest this trend? Time will tell.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by FKO81(m): 5:18am On Oct 17, 2015
FKO81:

Writing for Naij.com from Magodo, Lagos, Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye says the Yoruba youths are no longer making their valuable contributions to the political and cultural life in Nigeria. What can the Yoruba people do to restore lost influence?

Lateef Raji, a public policy analyst, in an article titled “Dwindling Oil Revenue: What Next for Nigeria?” posited that today, despite the pitiful state of unemployment in Nigeria, ironically, the nation is still rated as the third destination of investors and one of the fastest-growing economy in the world. Raji noted that Nigeria is a golden land of numerous opportunities for those who are resourceful, ingenious, creative, innovative, inventive, groundbreaking, enterprising, hardworking, focused, visionary and, most significantly, disciplined.

Consequently, as a concerned Nigerian, I want to question the role(s) of Yoruba youths in the current fight against unemployment, starvation and poverty in Nigeria. This question was necessitated by my discovery through indirect observations that Yoruba youths are the most lazy, perfidious and egoistic youths in Nigeria as at today.

I discovered that the pride of an average Yoruba youth has overshadowed his intellectual judiciousness, level-headedness and sagacity. Today, among ten Nigerians submitting their resumes to multinational corporations eight would be Yorubas. Folks from my generation in the Western Nigeria are too lazy to tap from the abundant opportunities that litter the streets of, say, Lagos, for primitive accumulation of wealth.

The Igbos, and, by extension, the Niger-Deltans and the Northerners have indirectly taken over the control of economy of Lagos, Nigeria’s indisputable number one centre of success, excellence and opportunities.

The Apapa wharf in Lagos has virtually been taken over by the Easterners. The data that I got from the Nigerian custom services divulges that 63% of those licensed to transact businesses in Apapa Wharf are Igbos.

More so, data collected from licensing office reveals that owners of 56% of commercial motorcycles in Lagos are Northerners and Easterners. The lucrative transport business has been hijacked from the Yorubas.

Today, the major work of average Yoruba youths on the streets of Lagos is to collect royalty, due and charges from the Hausas and Igbos, using their motorcycles to make cool cash from their land. Ninety-five percent of transport, travel and tour firms operating in Lagos are owned by the enterprising and hardworking Easterners.

The Yorubas stay at various intersections harassing hardworking people transacting their legal businesses in the name of collecting charges and dues for the local government. I also discovered that majority of the few Yorubas riding commercial motorcycles in Lagos are locally-trained automobile engineers that have abandoned their workshops.

Furthermore, the popular Ladipo and Owode motor spare parts markets in Lagos are now solidly in the hands of Igbos. As usual, the Yoruba youths are in the market collecting dues for their local government chairmen and the Iyaloja General of Lagos. Yaba, Oyigbo, Sabo, Oshodi, Agege, Alaba, Idumota, etc. markets have been taken over by the Easterners and Northerners who are predominantly youths.

Let me also assert unequivocally that the Igbo youths are now becoming more prosperous in the entertainment industry than the Yoruba youths. Today, the Yorubas hardly tune their DSTVs to the Yoruba movie channel of the satellite television; rather, they watch some other movie channel that show English movies with actors and actresses of Igbo extraction. Why? Because most Yoruba movies are short of creativity.

I can also articulate that 85% of the CEOs and executive directors of commercial banks operating in Nigeria today are Igbos and Hausas under the age of 50. They are very talented in boardroom politics, unlike their Yoruba counterparts, and they assist each other with an amazing ease.

Educationally, the Yorubas are no longer in the top-three. According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Anambra, Imo and Enugu have the highest number of professors and doctorate degree holders in Nigeria. Ekiti and Ondo states that used to top the list have been demoted to number four and six respectively.

In 2014, the reports of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Council (NECO) revealed that the Yorubas have been upturned by the Easterners in terms of academic performance. Ekiti, a state known as fountain of knowledge, was number 34 in 2013.

The Yorubas are also missing in the sports sector. The Golden Eaglets, Flying Eagles, Super Eagles, Flamingoes, Falconets, Super Falcons, D’Tigers, other national teams are dominated by the Igbos and Hausas. The team that won the African Cup of Nations for Nigeria in 2013 was tagged Biafran national team by some columnists and social commentators, including myself.

Politically, the Igbos and Hausas are more united than the Yorubas. The result of the 2015 presidential election is a point of reference. The Hausas voted massively for General Buhari of the APC, while the Igbos extraordinarily voted for Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP.

Sadly, the Yorubas had no bearing during the election. Jonathan’s inner circle members are currently blaming the Yorubas for their son’s expected defeat. Victorious Buhari’s teammates are reportedly saying that the Yorubas contributed little or nothing to the success of their kinsman.

In conclusion, I want to impel my generation in the Western part of Nigeria to wake up and begin to act. The nation of Nigeria that I am seeing today is hemorrhaging. I suggest we put ourselves in strategic positions. The bitter truth is that our leaders only think for themselves and their children.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MayorofLagos(m): 5:22am On Oct 17, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
that's why we say Igbo's generally lack common sense and love to start what they cant finish and only to play victims later .. The trait of pure coward they are .. I think ojukwu laid that example ..

First, why go to the queen of england with a crown in the first place when you know you won't be allowed in .. Common sense should have told you its wrong and you behave like human being ..

A whole king invited you. first, that is a sign of respect, he didn't summon him like a common criminal.. But then, he had to show he is true igbo son of ojukwu, he had to disrepct the invitation to settle a dispute that could have ended with both side having a good plate of amala ..
Are you saying he is not aware that his action is wrong before he even started?

Its like ordinary baale wearing a crown to meet your igwe in igbo land to settle a land dispute ... Isn't that a spit on your igwes face?

It is worse than that....did tou not hear what he said?

He told Deji to book appointment if he wants to see him. He said he did not have time but because he was takinga trip and passing by, decided to branch in and see why Deji want him.

This is a man that said Ibos have been in Akure 70yrs. Apparently 70yrs is not long enough for him or his cohorts cohogs to understand the protocol of the land.

Look, Mr Fawaz and Mr Choudri are the heads of the Lebanese, Turkeys and Syrian families in Lagos. They speak fluent Yoruba. No Lebanese trader, contractor does anything in Lagos without first obtaining their blessing. When they come into Oba Akiolu's palace, they remove shoes and hats at entrance and start courtesies and fellowship with the palace hands and Chiefs before they have entered into the courtyard.
When Eleko shows up the two go on their bellies and praise him and do not lift up until Eleko has called for them to rise.

So who is Ibo in Nigeria? Youve been defeated in war, you are a refugee, you have been emansculated. You are considered.a high political risk and a low political asset to all credible mainstream political parties, you have zero capacity to create, sustain and install political platforms. So who are you in this country

22 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by FKO81(m): 5:42am On Oct 17, 2015
[quote author=MayorofLagos post=39063685][/quote]
Hungry men are angry, my Igbo brothers should give their dogs meal they like it's called (Owo da) once You give them they are ready to sale their father's house to you, but brothers bear it in mind they Will envy when you turn the mod house to mansion and come back when they are hungry. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:07am On Oct 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
They are already killing and raping you - What manner of disrespect is worse than that one?

FYI, I am no Yoruba.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by rhymaster: 6:14am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:
I am happy with whats happening I wont lie, everything is just going exactly as I planned it abd prayed for, doh I pray igbos dont loose there life during the transition.

Just shut up and disappear or kill yourself, who cares?? You are not happy, you are so effing sad since Jonathan lost. You also did not plan shaite, who is deceiving your du.mb self that you are in a position to plan anything about the life and decision of others? Let Igbos go back to their land, one Nigeria does not mean disrespect of other Nigerians, culture and traditions!

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by luvmijeje(f): 6:34am On Oct 17, 2015
*Sigh* Calling other tribes living in any part of Nigeria immigrants is politically and legally wrong.

However, political happenings under Jonathan have really opened my eyes to the reality that every tribe in Nigeria are territorial.

What differentiate each and every tribe is our languages and culture. You lose that then you're nothing. Let's all learn to respect our differences and above all our humanity. Let's correct each other with love.

As someone said, it's possible the Eze don't understand the culture behind the Baba oloja. He should be corrected with love.

But telling someone to erase her history, culture and language for your sake is disrespectful.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 17, 2015
When will the cowardly Yoruba general be executed ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2015
rhymaster:

Just shut up and disappear or kill yourself, who cares?? You are not happy, you are so effing sad since Jonathan lost. You also did not plan shaite, who is deceiving your du.mb self that you are in a position to plan anything about the life and decision of others? Let Igbos go back to their land, one Nigeria does not mean disrespect of other Nigerians, culture and traditions!

Idiot. Leave Biafrans oil alone then.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 17, 2015
rhymaster:

mumu yorubas and there cursed mentality who thinks every igbo man wants Biafra, who thinks every igbo man supported Gej, who thinks that every igbo man goes to yoruba land. like I said before I would surprised u people.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MrMbaM: 6:43am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

one thing I dont understand is we all call for one Nigeria but we dont want to practice it, the only crime igbos ever did was migrate, even some of this minority from ss and the yorubas if like there numbers were like dat of igbos in some states thats not theres, there would hv been a big problem, igbos that oncd they are in a foreign land try there best to avoid any form of confrontation with there host are termed trouble makers, now compare us with the fulanis who are also travellers and there has been recorded attempts of them coming to other states and commiting sm gruesome crime with impunity, fulanis kidnapped a yoruba leader and they said they were just mere criminals and nothing more, why an igbo man honoured an Obas visit just because he wore his hat the entire yoruba land wants to burn.

Why is it that its only you cursed wanderers that cause trouble everywhere? There are many other tribe everywhere but its always you guys. Have you ever seen a Yoruba cause trouble in your own domain? Sit, think and tell yourself the truth.

11 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by ArodeTsolaye: 6:45am On Oct 17, 2015
I love what i see on the horizon. Finally, the zoo is going down. grin
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MrMbaM: 6:49am On Oct 17, 2015
chuna1985:

U are afraid that ur best friend will kill u

Yoruba people r fiercely stupidd.

Chime Chukwuma, Your smelly ugly mother is more stupid and foolish. Ask her, she will tell you about the Fulani man who happens to be your real father when she was ra.ped in her farm at Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MrMbaM: 6:49am On Oct 17, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
I love what i see on the horizon. Finally, the zoo is going down. grin

Coward Amadi. Same noise and trash. Uno get shame.

7 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MrMbaM: 6:54am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

so its because of ordinary cap that's making u people disgrace yourself, ur crown in yoruba land might be part of fashion for someone somewhere, so somebody says he is the leader of an organization and wears a fancy hat to the palace its an insult?
that's wat I understand of your own response.

He was flogged for being foolish like you, do your worst and stop ranting like a fool. Typical yeebhoes are noisemakers and foolish, its a curse.

13 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MrMbaM: 6:57am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

u just dae sharp mouth up and down if I start with u, even yorubas from America would be sending letters demanding igbos to halt the attack in yorubas, they wont know is one of there ediotly son that started it with his mis yarnings.

You are a shameless fool, do your worst and you will just die like chicken. Loudmouthed noisemakers, always making foolish noise online. Your igwe was flogged, why not do your worst instead of foaming in the mouth. Coward.

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 17, 2015
MrMbaM:

Why is it that its only you cursed wanderers that cause trouble everywhere? There are many other tribe everywhere but its always you guys. Have you ever seen a Yoruba cause trouble in your own domain? Sit, think and tell yourself the truth.
mumu set of people, igbo man that only wore cap to a palace is accused of causing trouble, while a fulani man that boldly came to yoruba soil and kidnapped a prominent yoruba leader is being applauded why ur fools beat around the bush.

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MayorofLagos(m): 7:10am On Oct 17, 2015
luvmijeje:
*Sigh* Calling other tribes living in any part of Nigeria immigrants is politically and legally wrong.

However, political happenings under Jonathan have really opened my eyes to the reality that every tribe in Nigeria are territorial.

What differentiate each and every tribe is our languages and culture. You lose that then you're nothing. Let's all learn to respect our differences and above all our humanity. Let's correct each other with love.

As someone said, it's possible the Eze don't understand the culture behind the Baba oloja. He should be corrected with love.

But telling someone to erase her history, culture and language for your sake is disrespectful.

He was respectful to call Ibo immigrant. I myself would have described Ibo as refugees proper if my opinion had been sought on the matter.

For clarification, I draw your attention to the attached illustrations which do not need an interpreter to understand the distance between migrant and refugees is as far apart and distinct as daylight is from darkness, notwithstanding both being equally created by the Almighty Babaloke Himself.

7 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MrMbaM: 7:11am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

mumu set of people, igbo man that only wore cap to a palace is accused of causing trouble, while a fulani man that boldly came to yoruba soil and kidnapped a prominent yoruba leader is being applauded why ur fools beat around the bush.

Typical cursed yeebhoe fool, you have never open a thread about your eze killed by Fulani in Enugu, what about those raped by Fulani in Imo state? Igala people are beheading and killing you never do well in Anambra but you can only come online to rant. Your igwe was flogged and disgraced, do your worst and stop splashing smelly spit everywhere. Shameless cursed wanderers from the sad beast.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 17, 2015
MrMbaM:

You are a shameless fool, do your worst and you will just die like chicken. Loudmouthed noisemakers, always making foolish noise online. Your igwe was flogged, why not do your worst instead of foaming in the mouth. Coward.
lol... One day we shall show each other our guts in this One Nigeria, am just arguing this based on boredom going tru my post u wud know I ve been avoiding this flogging thread despite how many times ppl kept mentioning my name to come and comment.
I am happy about what happened if I tell u am not I am d biggest liar ever, stunts like this would make me benefit more and I pray it continues, though like I said before I hope no Igbo person looses his or her life during the transition.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 17, 2015
Tunguy01:
u can say dat dude, stupidity knws no tribe bt learn 2 Look within b4 u luk around, d height of ur foolishness is like d statue of liberty
am nt afraid he will kill me, of course he cnt bt am afraid wot ur foolishness has done 2 him just like ur ancestors
Well I wnt like 2 insult u due 2 d low level of ur intelligence cos u wnt understand a tin I say

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MayorofLagos(m): 7:17am On Oct 17, 2015
luvmijeje:

[size=20pt]As someone said, it's possible the Eze don't understand the culture behind the Baba oloja. He should be corrected with love[/size]

[size=20pt]according to Sir Gregory his people, the Ibos have been living in Akure for 70 years.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MrMbaM: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

lol... One day we shall show each other our guts in this One Nigeria, am just arguing this based on boredom going tru my post u wud know I ve been avoiding this flogging thread despite how many times ppl kept mentioning my name to come and comment.
I am happy about what happened if I tell u am not I am d biggest liar ever, stunts like this would make me benefit more and I pray it continues, though like I said before I hope no Igbo person looses his or her life during the transition.

Same trash. You should do your worst and stop making noise online. He will be flogged again and again, if any Yoruba man disrespect your Obi abeg beat him well and disgrace him. Cos you wake your father with a sliding tackle dont mean others do the same. Do your worst abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2015
time shall tell.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2015
wirinet:

So an Eze Ndigbo is an Igbo king and must be accorded royal protocols when they visit the traditional kings of where they reside. This is my understanding of your response.

In igbo land, a traditional ruler of another town can come with his full igbo regalia to see a king or any member of royalty. All they need do is remove their crown n bow n den put it back..Nothing more.

Yoruba people are just trying to create trouble out of nothing. No one told u to observe royal protocol for that EzE NDIGBO.

Besides Yoruba guards, gatemen, door men n speaker of the king opened the door for the igbo king so that he will enter the palace to see d oba...why didn't anyone of them tell him to remove his clothes n wear only singlet to see the oba so that he won't disrespect him

All I can see from this issue is that yourbas in ondo want to create unnecessary problem.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by tonychristopher: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

Not once ..they kidnapped them two times and the most disgracing and cowardly thing they did was lay ambush and many of them fogging one man

I dey shame for them ..seriously

This culture is dragging Yoruba people backwards

It's a shame

Thank God atleast I am not sophisticated

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 17, 2015
MrMbaM:

Same trash. You should do your worst and stop making noise online. He will be flogged again and again, if any Yoruba man disrespect your Obi abeg beat him well and disgrace him. Cos you wake your father with a sliding tackle dont mean others do the same. Do your worst abeg.
in the game of chess the pawns go first.
Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 17, 2015
MrMbaM:

Chime Chukwuma, Your smelly ugly mother is more stupid and foolish. Ask her, she will tell you about the Fulani man who happens to be your real father when she was ra.ped in her farm at Enugu.

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by MrMbaM: 7:20am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

in the game of chess the pawns go first.

Get lost and go cover your large flat head in shame. Mschew

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by HopeAtHand: 7:23am On Oct 17, 2015
salamido:

In Rome do as the Romans do! This is the way to be accepted and respected but not by foolish pride and show-off!

Bear in mind, I'm not Yoruba but i'm only giving candid advice.

Of course, there are millions of Ibos all over Nigeria and they have every right just like the natives to be there as citizens of Nigeria and cannot be called immigrants. But wherever you go, there are the aboriginals or natives whose tradition must be respected. This is part of our African heritage.

Thank you very much, well spoken.

We need to remind ourselves that respect is reciprocal.

When you're in a place that isnt your community, even if you're from the same state or tribe or clan, due respect and regard for the aborigines of the place..honor their laws and traditions, also uphold their values.

Ive always argued within me that an Oba will not allow a man who ignorantly wore a red cap to his palace be flogged..i suspected there must be more to that.

Its very clear now..the Eze igbo called Igbo youths to protest in front of the palace against the order of an Oba in his domain..shame on that Eze Igbo..the traditional institution is not a democracy...he should have obeyed first and then look for ways to endear himself to the new oba so that decisions could favour him next time..sorry he learnt this the hard way.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland by shiffynaani(m): 7:33am On Oct 17, 2015
lygn19:

so its because of ordinary cap that's making u people disgrace yourself, ur crown in yoruba land might be part of fashion for someone somewhere, so somebody says he is the leader of an organization and wears a fancy hat to the palace its an insult?
that's wat I understand of your own response.
why is your comment so dumb like this? Do you even have brain?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate / El-Rufai Visits Man Attacked In Kaduna By Muslim Youths For Not Fasting / Atiku Dasuki's House Sealed By The EFCC - Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.