Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji (26267 Views)

How Sheriff Pushed Obanikoro To Reconcile With Tinubu / Jonathan To PDP: Go And Reconcile With Sheriff / Buhari Tells Traditional Leaders: Encourage Your Subjects To Go And Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by mcmaurice20(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2015
I like dz Igbos ...they lick Ur butt just to collect Ur money...if u go to east it look like London..u begin to wonder if govt build doz things for them...I heard it z d money dey make in oda lands.
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by GentleToks(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2015
Yujin:

You spoke well and I commend you on that. Akure is a nice and peaceful place which should be maintained. Most reasons why people go to war are actually things that can easily be settled at a table with each party compromising for the sake of peace. I hope the Yoruba indigenes will also not start treating the Igbos like a people they are doing a favour by gloating and insulting them as we see some other Yorubas do.

The real Akure Indegenes are not living in Akure cos people naturally prefer to stay away from their home town. 80% of Akure Indegenes live abroad( Outside Nigeria and within South west with few outside South West).

The remaining 20% are our parents, siblings who are still in Schools and the traders. However, in that 20%; 12% are not educated and these are the guys that could make that state ungovernable for any state government. Mimiko and Agagu know much about what i am saying here.

The population of Igbos in Akure is not up to 7% of the total population of the whole Akure population but they are freaking enjoying themselves to stupor as result of peaceful co-existence and good relationship with Yorubas in that city.

Igbos are so comfortable in Akure that Igbos are not referred to in the Neighbourhood as Igbos. They are so comfortable that they celebrate their yam festival on the street of Akure.......

Why would they want to disrespect the King of that City knowing fully well that, that would turn Akure Indegenes against them. It ll only take a day to destroy all the Igbos business in Akure by these miscreants who might seize this sort of opportunity to wreck havoc on Igbos businesses. All Igbos businesses are concentrated in Ilesha garage, Esso all the way to Ondo bypass and of course Arakale. Pls, how long would that take thise Akure indegenes to attack these three places? Less 6hrs, all the efforts of an innocent Igbo man would be gone in flames. Why would Igbos give room for this when no one is disturbing you?

All Igbos need to do in all Yoruba states is to show some respect to their hosts. Its the same story in Western world despite their development and social exposure. If it all end up in a war, Igbos would be asked to leave, does that make sense? No.

Please, i op they would all come together and leave happily as we were back in 80s/90s.

5 Likes

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Ihuomadinihu: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2015
GentleToks:

In eventuality of Igbos being seen by Akure indegenes as tribal enemies, the outcome could better be imagined. Those guys aren't smiling menh cos war/fight is their daily watchwords. I believed that some Igbo elders witnessed what happened in Akure in early 80s(Omoboriowo riot in which Akure indegenes were burning and killing people on the streets).

I ll implore Igbos not to allow the money they have made to get into their heads cos money is the bane of all evil. The peace and sanity they have enjoyed over 50years in Akure should be protected and cherished at all cost by obeying and respecting our traditional values. That's the only demand(Respect our cultural values) of Akure people from Igbos and others unlike where Igbos are being taxed by the indegenes. Nobody is taxing or demanding all sorts from Igbos in Akure and this alone should be appreciated by Igbos.

I'm yet to hear that Yorubas are demanded to pay Tax and levies in all Igbo states. So why exactly should igbos pay tax in Ondo? Do you think you granted igbos a favour by hosting them in your states? All Igbos have acquired in Akure is a result of sheer hardwork and strong will. The Eze ndi igbo was matured enough to seek for a truce and prevent further escalation of bad blood between yoruba and Igbo citizens,he must be commended for that.
As for the recollection of inter ethnic violence and gross descriptions of what would befall Igbos in Akure,i would have to remind you all that no group have the exclusive right to violence and open slaughtering of non natives.
Those recollections are mere intimadations,i can assure you that if Akure starts bolling and melts out violence on innocent Igbos, the streets of Onitsha will equally boil.
It's highly unfortunate....instead of calling for order and peace,non Igbos will rather recount a silly event and tell igbos that what will happen to them will be better imagine. Spilling of such venemous hostility is enough to make Igbos push for a seperate nation. No point living with folks that are ready to slaughter you based on every little mistake.
There is no week or month that one does not see a mindless attack on Igbos,be it from a bigot traditional ruler or a citizen even when there are no reasons for such attacks.
In Nigeria, foundation of frienship between ethnic groups are built around their collective hatred and hostility for Igbos,even where the basis for that are beyond any human reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2015
Most of y'all here are hypocrites. You are commending the action of the igbos whereas you set of people will scream "Lagos is a No Mans Land". We'v just learnt how ezendigbo jst gave respect to leaders in a foreign land but when it gets to lagos, y'all switch tone. HYPOCRITES!!!
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by VirginFinder: 11:19am On Oct 20, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Kanu that was already released? Why not protest about your coward brigadier general brother that was sentenced to life imprisonment

You are a dullard!
The Brig Gen was cleared of the cowardly-act charge and sentenced to 6 months in-prison.
The judgment has been appealed, though.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by deadie(m): 11:21am On Oct 20, 2015
GentleToks:

The real Akure Indegenes are not living in Akure cos people naturally prefer to stay away from their home town. 80% of Akure Indegenes live abroad( Outside Nigeria and within South west with few outside South West).

The remaining 20% are our parents, siblings who are still in Schools and the traders. However, in that 20%; 12% are not educated and these are the guys that could make that state ungovernable for any state government. Mimiko and Agagu know much about what i am saying here.

The population of Igbos in Akure is not up to 7% of the total population of the whole Akure population but they are freaking enjoying themselves to stupor as result of peaceful co-existence and good relationship with Yorubas in that city.

Igbos are so comfortable in Akure that Igbos are not referred to in the Neighbourhood as Igbos. They are so comfortable that they celebrate their yam festival on the street of Akure.......

Why would they want to disrespect the King of that City knowing fully well that, that would turn Akure Indegenes against them. It ll only take a day to destroy all the Igbos business in Akure by these miscreants who might seize this sort of opportunity to wreck havoc on Igbos businesses. All Igbos businesses are concentrated in Ilesha garage, Esso all the way to Ondo bypass and of course Arakale. Pls, how long would that take thise Akure indegenes to attack these three places? Less 6hrs, all the efforts of an innocent Igbo man would be gone in flames. Why would Igbos give room for this when no one is disturbing you?

All Igbos need to do in all Yoruba states is to show some respect to their hosts. Its the same story in Western world despite their development and social exposure. If it all end up in a war, Igbos would be asked to leave, does that make sense? No.

Please, i op they would all come together and leave happily as we were back in 80s/90s.

My friend in which country do you live? Where they talk about "hosts" and "visitors" for citizens of the same country? You are unbelievable. And we are supposed to be citizens of the same country.
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by rallymento(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2015
pongwa:
you are just plain stewpid....ISI KAKU, EWU
you are still trailing me abi? Na you go tire!!! Amu Ezi!!!! akpa ati ati!!! Ezi Ohia.... Imbee!!! son of a Prosti.tute.... Keep Quoting me...... Bush baby!!!
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by IYANGBALI: 11:28am On Oct 20, 2015
(make i look for twuobu small) hegboe fearing Yoruba since 35AD grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by ibedun: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2015
deadie:

It surprising to hear that you have lived half of your life in the Western World and still support this nonsense. I also don't reside in Nigeria.
So, where you live, are the black people, Scotts, Irish or Welsh people pay a special tax because they are not English/American?
How many English/Americans demand that you (A FOREIGNER for that matter) thank them daily for living in their land or for a property you bought with your own money?

People have a right to elect who they want to represent them (irrespective of the name it is called). If you want to have an OBA OF THE YORUBAS anywhere in the SE (just as Eze ndi Igbo means Eze of the Igbos), you are welcome. You guys better find something constructive to do/argue about. So much for sophistication.

I believe the West use other subtle methods to retain control such as racism, discrimination, immigration control and licenses to operate or set up a business etc etc. in YORUBALAND we have almost been overrun by migrating desperate Igbos carrying the constitution on their backs.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by IYANGBALI: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Kanu that was already released? Why not protest about your coward brigadier general brother that was sentenced to life imprisonment
freeTOTO championing the cause of hegboes since 120AD tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by IYANGBALI: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2015
Chukzyfcb:
Most of y'all here are hypocrites. You are commending the action of the igbos whereas you set of people will scream "Lagos is a No Mans Land". We'v just learnt how ezendigbo jst gave respect to leaders in a foreign land but when it gets to lagos, y'all switch tone. HYPOCRITES!!!
Lagos is their small London now.
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Tolatutu: 11:38am On Oct 20, 2015
So the cowards can now beg. Thought one of them on nairaland was talking about constitution lmao why didn't he take the Deji to court grin jokers .

We have discovered that flogging is the way to reset their brains grin

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by GentleToks(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2015
deadie:

It surprising to hear that you have lived half of your life in the Western World and still support this nonsense. I also don't reside in Nigeria.
So, where you live, are the black people, Scotts, Irish or Welsh people pay a special tax because they are not English/American?
How many English/Americans demand that you (A FOREIGNER for that matter) thank them daily for living in their land or for a property you bought with your own money?

People have a right to elect who they want to represent them (irrespective of the name it is called). If you want to have an OBA OF THE YORUBAS anywhere in the SE (just as Eze ndi Igbo means Eze of the Igbos), you are welcome. You guys better find something constructive to do/argue about. So much for sophistication.

Why do you guys pick something out of nothing? All i said in that post was that nobody is asking Igbos to pay any form of Owo ori or Isha Kole; the only thing demanded of Igbos is respect to their hosts.

What a funny submission!!! Why did Igbos praise Obi of Onitsha when he cursed Ngige for organising and holding his political rally on the same day of his traditional rite? Igbos praised the Obi of Onitsha on this.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by monex(m): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2015
GentleToks:
I am an Akure indegene and it's a known fact that Igbos have enjoyed a peaceful co-existence with Yorubas in Akure for years. You need to see the Igbos in Akure to know what i am talking about; they have literally become Akure bona fide indegenes with their children speaking the local dialect fluently.

However, it will be suicidal for Igbos not to be boundary conscious like their Hausas/Fulanis counterparts who are equally at the same level with Igbos as far as business and population are concerned. The Hausas/Fulanis own all the shops in Sabo along Odo-Ijoka road towards the state stadium and all the way towards the mini Sabo along Oba-Adesida road. They own all the shops in the Sabo at Odo-Ikoyi junction as well as the money exchange business by Post office junction towards Oba palace.

These Hausas/Fulanis are making their freaking Benjamis but maintaining and keeping low profile. Igbos need to learn that spirit of humility and respect from these Hausas/Fulanis.

In eventuality of Igbos being seen by Akure indegenes as tribal enemies, the outcome could better be imagined. Those guys aren't smiling menh cos war/fight is their daily watchwords. I believed that some Igbo elders witnessed what happened in Akure in early 80s(Omoboriowo riot in which Akure indegenes were burning and killing people on the streets).

I ll implore Igbos not to allow the money they have made to get into their heads cos money is the bane of all evil. The peace and sanity they have enjoyed over 50years in Akure should be protected and cherished at all cost by obeying and respecting our traditional values. That's the only demand(Respect our cultural values) of Akure people from Igbos and others unlike where Igbos are being taxed by the indegenes. Nobody is taxing or demanding all sorts from Igbos in Akure and this alone should be appreciated by Igbos.

why are they not enforced to pay tax to government. anyone living in a state pays tax to the state.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by mideactive: 11:49am On Oct 20, 2015
It's not important,I'm A nigerian.pls which part of igbo are u from,Nigeria igbo or Biafra igbo

FreeGlobe:

I'm proudly igbo, where are you from?
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Ihuomadinihu: 11:57am On Oct 20, 2015
ibedun:

YORUBALAND we have almost been overrun by migrating desperate Igbos carrying the constitution on their backs.
Those irrelevant stuffs like discrimination and racism are not valid methods of retaining control over immigrants. They are very inhuman and wicked ways of dealing with human beings. I would conclude that you sanction the use of racism to control folks as well as flogging to control igbo people in Akure..
If People are migrating and displacing you right under your nose then that is your problem not ndi igbo problem. How many African countries have stopped China,India and America from migrating and establishing chains of businesses in Africa?
Migration is a social and economic phenomenon, it cannot be stopped. That only shows that your youths are lazy,unadventurous and cannot fill up an economic need that Igbos have come to fill and take over.
Your problem is not igbos,think inwards. By the way, a Newyorker doesn't migrate to Alaska, he ''TRAVELS''.
Migration is an improper word in this context, damn it!

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by deadie(m): 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
GentleToks:

Why do you guys pick something out of nothing? All i said in that post was that nobody is asking Igbos to pay any form of Owo ori or Isha Kole; the only thing demanded of Igbos is respect to their hosts.

What a funny submission!!! Why did Igbos praise Obi of Onitsha when he cursed Ngige for organising and holding his political rally on the same day of his traditional rite? Igbos praised the Obi of Onitsha on this.

What makes the submission funny?
First of, stop generalising. I am Igbo and I never heard nor praised the Obi of Onitsha for cursing Ngige. And even if he did, and even if he were supported by all Igbos (which is not the case), how can that be equated to having an Eze ndi Igbo in Akure, or an Eze ndi Igbo wearing a cap. Did he organize a celebration which conflicted with that of the Oba? Your comparison is a strange one.

By the way, why would anyone demand that Igbos pay any useless levy because of tribe? And because it is not done in Akure, you want Igbos to be grateful? How many of such fare do you pay where you live? You people never cease to amaze (and I don't mean it as a compliment).

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Mbediogu(m): 12:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
[quote author=demelza post=39157403]Its a blaady lie!!!!!
Why apologize to the zoo when their population in Akure can overthrow the Deji??

U cannot do that to those who accomodate you rather u must flow along with them. When u can no longer cope for any reason, u quit the place in self respect. Being in
business and living outside home should
not lead u to lose moral values.
Read Proverb 24 v 21 for guidance.
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Mbediogu(m): 12:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
[quote author=demelza post=39157403]Its a blaady lie!!!!!
Why apologize to the zoo when their population in Akure can overthrow the Deji??

U cannot do that to those who accomodate you rather u must flow along with them. When u can no longer cope for any reason, u quit the place in self respect. Being in
business and living outside home should
not lead u to lose moral values. When u go to
see Deji go with one cow and sundry gifts.
Read Proverb 24 v 21 for guidance.
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by johnserek: 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
Biko Biko the Deji should still chase out ibo monsters from his territory

The inner Yoruba in everyone is up and I am happy
enough of our diplomatic ways

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Guyman02: 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
GentleToks:
I am an Akure indegene and it's a known fact that Igbos have enjoyed a peaceful co-existence with Yorubas in Akure for years. You need to see the Igbos in Akure to know what i am talking about; they have literally become Akure bona fide indegenes with their children speaking the local dialect fluently.

However, it will be suicidal for Igbos not to be boundary conscious like their Hausas/Fulanis counterparts who are equally at the same level with Igbos as far as business and population are concerned. The Hausas/Fulanis own all the shops in Sabo along Odo-Ijoka road towards the state stadium and all the way towards the mini Sabo along Oba-Adesida road. They own all the shops in the Sabo at Odo-Ikoyi junction as well as the money exchange business by Post office junction towards Oba palace.

These Hausas/Fulanis are making their freaking Benjamis but maintaining and keeping low profile. Igbos need to learn that spirit of humility and respect from these Hausas/Fulanis.

In eventuality of Igbos being seen by Akure indegenes as tribal enemies, the outcome could better be imagined. Those guys aren't smiling menh cos war/fight is their daily watchwords. I believed that some Igbo elders witnessed what happened in Akure in early 80s (Omoboriowo riot in which Akure indegenes were burning and killing people on the streets).

I ll implore Igbos not to allow the money they have made to get into their heads cos money is the bane of all evil.

Hediot without occur, imbe without cile; didnt you read all the posts above you before as usual trying to massage the ego of your Hausa/Fulani masters.
The Igbos has taken a bold step towards reconcilation andit should stop at that. Lobbish! So Akura indigenes are not differnt from Boko Haram who burn and kill people indiscriminately? You are Talking rubbish and degrading the good people of Akure of which you pretend to be one here. hediot
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by adeniyi3971(m): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
mcmaurice20:
I like dz Igbos ...they lick Ur butt just to collect Ur money...if u go to east it look like London..u begin to wonder if govt build doz things for them...I heard it z d money dey make in oda lands.

London? So what did Benjamin Adekunle do?
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Ihuomadinihu: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2015
deadie:

First of, stop generalising. I am Igbo and I never heard nor praised the Obi of Onitsha for cursing Ngige. And even if he did, and even if he were supported by all Igbos (which is not the case), how can that be equated to having an Eze ndi Igbo in Akure, or an Eze ndi Igbo wearing a cap. Did he organize a celebration which conflicted with that of the Oba? Your comparison is a strange one.

By the way, why would anyone demand that Igbos pay any useless levy because of tribe? And because it is not done in Akure, you want Igbos to be grateful? How many of such fare do you pay where you live? You people never cease to amaze (and I don't mean it as a compliment).
The Silly Afenifere group or whatever that called for absolute disregard of all Eze Ndi igbo in Yoruba states moved all the way to Michigan, USA for a Yoruba convention. You see how silly these people are? I bet America should equally disrecognize all non American political and ethnic conventions and meeting?
I bet they have Afenifere headquaters in America....so what's the problem with a common Igbo meeting spot and Palace in Akure? What we have witnessed goes beyond the crown and market issue,it is plain hostility and tribalism in broad day light.
Frustrated set of people!

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2015
LOL, it would appear that after being taught a good lesson on humility and respect for others; some ppl have finally now learnt how to eat the humble pie - dis caning na wa O!; e be like say na de best medicine for stubborn Igbos.
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by GentleToks(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2015
deadie:

Can you imagine this!!!! If Obi Onitsha has a special day to celebrate their deity/gods, that's tradition and everybody is expected to respect that. The Obi of Onitsha perceived Ngige to have disrespected that, hence, the curse on him which Igbos never condemned. The same thing about what we are discussing here. You are not allowed to wear your cap in Oba palace in Yoruba land.

Let me bring Western world-UK into this; this is a country that is over 300 years old

Why must i write English test as a commonwealth country citizen before obtaining British citizenship? Why must i shake Queen without hand gloves? Why must i bow down to the Queen?

In Yoruba culture, it's a straight forward custom that you don't wear a crown or cap to King's palace.

The ridiculous thing about all this is that White people who came to Nigeria on a visit even take their caps off while visiting palaces. Why our neighbors who should know better are playing ignorance game. Listen, i am not here to argue with you over this; there are times we need to say the truth and shame the devil. If things get out of hand, Igbos ll be forced to close their shops. The landlords of these Shops are Akure indegenes remember......

Obi of Onitsha is paying visit to Deji of Akure, nobody ll stop him from wearing his crown.

Can someone marry in the East without dowry? Is all tribes that accept dowry? No but that's Igbo culture. Dowry is part of Igbos tradition and whoever that's ready to marry from there must be ready to pay it. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by deadie(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

The Silly Afenifere group or whatever that called for absolute disregard of all Eze Ndi igbo in Yoruba states move all the way to Michigan, USA for a Yoruba convention. You see how silly these people are? I bet America should equally disrecognize all non American political and ethnic conventions and meeting? Frustrated set of people!

Perfect example. Don't expect a constructive rebuttal.
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by tpiander: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ohaneze Ndigbo in Akure?

This is very serious.
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by deadie(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
GentleToks:

Can you imagine this!!!! If Obi Onitsha has a special day to celebrate their deity/gods, that's tradition and everybody is expected to respect that. The Obi of Onitsha perceived Ngige to have disrespected that, hence, the curse on him which Igbos never condemned. The same thing about what we are discussing here. You are not allowed to wear your cap in Oba palace in Yoruba land.

Let me bring Western world-UK into this; this is a country that is over 300 years old

Why must i write English test as a commonwealth country citizen before obtaining British citizenship? Why must i shake Queen without hand gloves? Why must i bow down to the Queen?

In Yoruba culture, it's a straight forward custom that you don't wear a crown or cap to King's palace.

The ridiculous thing about all this is that White people who came to Nigeria on a visit even take their caps off while visiting palaces. Why our neighbors who should know better. Listen, i am not here to argue with you over this; there are times we need to say the truth and shame the devil. If things get out of hand, Igbos ll be forced to close their shops.

Obi of Onitsha is paying visit to Deji of Akure, nobody ll stop him from wearing his crown.

Exactly the same form of threat that keeps coming out of the so-called sophisticated people. Violence/threats of violence is the resort of those who cannot debate/argue constructively. I have already rebutted your argument regarding the Obi of Onitsha and Nigige situation. I will not repeat myself.
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by bonnelblack(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
So, it has come to begging,eh?
Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Shymm3x: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

[b]The Silly Afenifere group or whatever that called for absolute disregard of all Eze Ndi igbo in Yoruba states moved all the way to Michigan, USA for a Yoruba convention. [/b]You see how silly these people are? I bet America should equally disrecognize all non American political and ethnic conventions and meeting?
I bet they have Afenifere headquaters in America....so what's the problem with a common Igbo meeting spot and Palace in Akure? What we have witnessed goes beyond the crown and market issue,it is plain hostility and tribalism in broad day light.
Frustrated set of people!

What has the convention, a meeting of Yorubas living in America, got to do with one? Michigan has state laws and the Governor of Michigan is the authority there - did they challenge the authority of the state of Michigan? If no, I don't see any correlation whatsoever here.

When did Igbos start having kings, anyway? There should be only three kings in Igboland: Onitsha, Nri, and the last one around the Calabar/Akwa Ibom axis that sold tens of millions of slaves (I can't remember the name now). Any other Igbo king is a fraudulent king. And if you want to have fraudulent kings -why not keep those kings in Igboland and stop causing nuisance everywhere?

You lot just don't know how to act.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji by Ihuomadinihu: 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2015
GentleToks:
The land of these Shops are Akure indegenes remember..
The Lands were bought and paid for. Igbos in Akure don't owe Akure a dime and don't need to bow under any authority apart from maintaining communal peace which they have always done.
As for the crown,a simple instruction at the gate would have gone a long way. Why was he allowed to pass certain pathways without teaching him about the codes and conducts of a Yoruba palace on the spot? Before one goes to meet an authority,he is lectured on how to comport himself. Why was he not taught?
I'm not gonna pretend like this fracas was not premeditated and put into action at the slightest mistake. The way you issue out irrelevant threats simply reveal the mind of the average Yoruba man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu: If I Am Elected President, Edo Will Become As Beautiful As Lagos / Naira To Be Re-Denominated / Fayose And Mimiko In Kogi Ahead Of Governorship Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.