Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ - Rap Battles (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ (57453 Views)

A Message For All Emcee's On NL Battle Rap Section / ••RAP SECTION AWARDS 2015•• (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
darkenedrebel:

no....but majority of the rappers in that era were monosyllabic.. ... Rakim/Pun/L weren't monosyllabic but you can't compare the complexity & the quality of rhymes em brings to theirs ...there's a vast difference..
all I'm trying to say is that it was em that really raised the bar & went berseck in the aspect of rhyming especially...he didn't pioneer it but he went haywire with it....if you understand what i mean
Lol. So Em's was more complex to what Rakim and Big Pun did. Lol. Just go download their songs. I will recommended Paid in Full and Capital Punishment for a start.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Ibime(m): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
darkenedrebel:

no....but majority of the rappers in that era were monosyllabic.. ... Rakim/Pun/L weren't monosyllabic but you can't compare the complexity & the quality of rhymes em brings to theirs ...there's a vast difference..
all I'm trying to say is that it was em that really raised the bar & went berseck in the aspect of rhyming especially...he didn't pioneer it but he went haywire with it....if you understand what i mean

I was around in that era. Majority of rappers were polysyllabic eg Nas, Jay Z, Jadakiss, Big Pun, Big L, Nature, Cormega, the whole Terror squad, Heltah Skektah, Outsidaz, Kool G Rap, Tracey Lee, AZ, Black Thought etc.

You couldnt be an East coast rapper in those days and be monosyllabic. Biggie was really the last monosyllabic East coast guy on that level.

The key areas Em influenced the game is in humour and double-time rhyming (which he started in the last 6 years).

I wouldnt add polysyllabic to his list of achievements.

When it comes to polysyllables, the running order is as such:

1. Rakim was the first to go from 1 syllables to 2/3 syllables

2. Big Daddy Kane took it from 2/3 syllables to 4/5 syllables

3. Kool G rap took Big Daddy Kanes style into the modern era we know today.

All the Nas, AZ, Big Pun, Eminem, Jay Z, Big L and all modern rappers are derivatives of Kool G Rap style.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Ibime(m): 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
This is the most influential ninja in terms of modern day polysyllabics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3faxvH38HA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:

Yeah. He's one of the best but not the best. You are right. I sound racist but that's you sound when you try to challenge racism. Only you argument can vouch for you. And I can't really find where I said he's not one of the best. In that light your submission above falls flat

eminem is not one of the best - he is the best....
eminem should be compared to Rakim not Tupac

Reyginus:

He's the complete average rapper. He's not wack and not super dope. He's just there

average rappers are the likes of Drake, Wale & co..Yela isn't average..i doubt you have even downloaded any of his albums...

Reyginus:

Nobody is arguing about his influence in rap but let's take for a second your argument and see if it holds any water. K.Dot, Cole, Los, Bigg K, Illmaculate, Bender, BOB, Tyler, Hopsin, MGK and Charron. You see before we claim a person really influenced you we must be able to show traces of similarity in both the person's work and yours. Eminem didn't create any form of writing. Rakim and Eric B has been using polysyllabic rhymes before Eminem even though of Writing a single verse. His message too is another factor. Then the theatrics is another thing that may be of influence. The only person in your list who resembles a product of Eminem is Hopsin and MGK. There's no relationship between his style of music and Los's, K.dots, Tyler or even Charron. And before you tell me Charron gave him props on Westwood don't forget he also gave K.dot a bigger one. That's not influence. That's respect

dude I don't even know what you are saying..
these people specifically stated that eminem influenced their style of rapping & you here talking otherwise...
so why are you sure eminem influenced yelawolf but find it hard to believe that he influenced the other rappers i mentioned? .
your point is invalid

Reyginus:

No. Tupac is not venerated because of his premature death but his legacy. If Eminem dies today I don't what song if his that will still be played in a similar way Changes and Dear Mama are still being played. Eminem sings for the moment Pac's songs are for a lifetime. There's nothing extraordinary Eminem has done. Pac challenged every idea under the earth but Eminem challenges women and upheld murder. Being lyrically more technical doesn't make you a better rapper. Being better goes beyond the lyrics to their impact on the society at large. Pac in his time was like a messenger of the gods pursuing a cause for which both mankind and the rap world will forever live to

dude..you are just talking in circles...Pac rapped about god, Pac rapped about christ bla bla bla... how does that make him better?
.subject matter is just a criterion in determining who the best is...it's not the main determinant..
this is rap - & you are free to express yourself & rap about whatever you want...
i disagree- technicality is what makes you a good/lyrical rapper..
anybody can do monosyllabic & start pytalizing sage or words of wisdom from the bible.....it doesn't make him a G.O.A.T..Alexpissu is not the least technical but does all those conscious rap all the time, but still I can never rate him above Kr0ne or Elymax...

If Tupac hadn't died he wouldn't get this hype..fact...
he's overrated & is just a döpe rapper..the whole godlike status people give him is not necessary....

Reyginus:

Lolol. You mean his wack peers were doing one two syllables. Maybe somebody like Ludacris was doing one two before he encountered Em and changed. You need to listen to rap. From every decade since it began to now. Rakim is the father of rhymes. The Revolutionary. The godfather of polysyllabic rhyming. Listen to rap.

stop telling me to listen to rap..I grew up listening to Hiphop..there is no single album of all great Emcees I have not listened to...
you are the one that needs to look past skin color & listen to rap with a free mind

quit this mentality..the fact that Rakim is one of the pioneers of polysyllabic rhyming does not mean eminem is not a better rhymer.
the teacher cannot always be better than the student..the student evolves over time ..
talk with reason - things/times have changed. rap has also evolved..the style/rhyme scheme that was unbelievable then is seen as ordinary today..
like eminem said in Rap god to his haters- you are stuck in a time warp from 2004

Reyginus:

Lolololol. He's a legend yes but not the greatest. Being the greatest encompasses all and not just a single criteria. Nobody can point at one thing rappers where not doing with music that eminem did. Or what they were doing with rap that he changed forever. Nothing. Just the media hype. Maybe in ten years from now, as it's already being claimed by some western journalist, Logic will be better than Kendrick Lamar

eminem is the greatest & I've proved it with facts- from lyrical skill to freestyle to album sales to content to rhyming ability to delivery/flow etc...all you have been muttering so far is how Tupac raps about Jehovah... that is not a requisite...

Reyginus:

Stop it! Stop it please. What sort of thing is this? Do you even know rap started? Jesus Christ! Please don't say it again.

dude..go read up on rap..you know nowt..
eminem popularized rap battling on the big screen with the 8 mile movie ....once it hit hollywood the whole world knew about it...
there were street rap battles, rap olympics but 8 mile gave rap battling the much needed exposure..

Reyginus:

Yeah. Having better flow too is not enough

that's just one of the things eminem does better than pac...he has better flow than Tupac..better delivery..better breath control...pronounces/enunciates syllables better..etc..all of em are taken into consideration if we are gonna be juxtaposing them..

Reyginus:

This one is nothing. Eminem is not even in my top five best freestyle rappers in world. A lot of rappers can freestyle for days. Chidy Banks could have been one of the greatest if that's a criteria. Somebody freestyles on Tim Westwood he becomes the best freestyle rapper in the world. But then, you say he can freestyle for days. Have you seen him do it?

I'm not saying the best freestylers are the greatest rappers..I'm only outlining one of eminem's strengths & something he can do which Tupac can't..
when comparing 2 rappers everything is tabled down..even the tiniest detail...
if eminem is not in your top 5 freestylers in the world then you know need to check yourself.. ..even the best freestylers have him on their Top 5..
it's not about freestyling for days like you said..
Proof can freestyle for 1 year but hardly has any quotables in them..eminem drops a gazillion punchlines & metaphors in just 10/15 minutes freestyle...quality over quantity...

Reyginus:

This one is nothing. Even Twisted Insane can do better. This is no basis for greatness. In my rapping days I was three times faster than Eminem. That doesn't make anyone great.

i won't reply you again... i thought you had a keen mind...
when comparing two rappers every of their strengths & weaknesses is discussed..the tiniest thing is brought to the table..
being able to rap fast does not make one G.O.A.T but it doesn't change the fact that em can switch up his flow at will whilst Tupac cannot...in other words em is more versatile & a more complete rapper

Reyginus:

What really are this topic besides braggadocio and women? Is it politics? Religion? Science? Art? He's not that smart. He's only clever with the words. If you split Pac or even Ab-Soul's intelligence in three parts, a part is three times better than Em's multiplied by three

shush...to master language you need an Einstein-esque kinda intelligence & eminem has mastered the english language to the point where Shakespeare grows green with jealousy in his grave..
don't forget he is also a cartoonist..and you have to be a creative individual to excel in arts..
he uses uncommon words in his raps, idioms etc...& the deep metaphors he employs only proves how renaissance & well-read he is.... .

eminem has a higher IQ than Tupac..don't even go there at all...

Reyginus:

This one is not true. I have ALL his Albums. I mean All. The same with Pac. Eminem is joyless the same thing with Budden and Slaughterhouse. You can't really point at two eminem love songs where he rapped completely about love. It all ends like Space Bound. And besides he's less intelligent so don't expect him to be more versatile.

another hokum ...

Reyginus:

They are all the same thing. Marshall, Shady and Em all hate love so much. I mean so much

no they are not the same..

Reyginus:

Lol. That's the problem. Being the better lyrically doesn't make you the greatest. Not at all

no it isn't but it is the core criterion taken into consideration..
that's like saying scoring a lot of goals in one's footballing career isn't one of determiners used in deciding who the G.O.A.T in football is... Dr
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
Ely it's just hype. Just sit down and think about it. I used to think so but then I had to think it through. What does it really mean to be the greatest?
even if you don't think he's the greatest, he deserves all the hype he gets. You shouldn't say or think he's overrated. Darkrebel gave you enough points on why he's extolled. Eminem is the only mainstream rapper that really started from the bottom. Besides that, he is the most all-rounded rapper: he's rapped to all genre of music. For instance, Which of the rappers you mentioned earlier can(could e.g 2pac ) rap to a rock & roll genre? Lol. Em is sick!

most of those guys you mentioned specialize(d) in a particular style and personality.

What it means to be the greatest is to be faultless, to be all-rounded and to stand the test of time. These are the criteria for being the GOAT - and all of which eminem has aced. other emcees are YET to achieve as much as this. .

BEing the GOAt is not even about what an individual has done for the game (like you said in your previous posts), it's about who the most dexterious is.

Lionel messi would be goat in football if he won the world cup. people wouldn't say, because pele was the first person to start dribbling players he is better than messi. Why? Because messi is much more well- rounded than pele, because the game has changed and got better.

So, rating oldskul rappers above shady is lousy. Jayz is the only newskul dude that could come close to shady a bit.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by ELYMAXiimus(m): 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ibime:
Phuck it. Yung Ill is the best battler out there.

Nigga battle like Big L meets Chris Tucker.
lolol. The way wey you take dey change your mouth like robots needing ORal care, ehn, i tire. grin
I THOUGHT you said, before, that chilla jones is the GOAT in battlerap? grin
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Ibime(m): 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

lolol. The way wey you take dey change your mouth like robots needing ORal care, ehn, i tire. grin
I THOUGHT you said, before, that chilla jones is the GOAT in battlerap? grin

Omo leave am. Ive been sleeping on Yung Ill. grin

Go watch Yung Ill vs Tsu Surf

1 Like

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Kanyol(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ibime just reminded me of Kool G Rap. In terms of flowing with clean rhymes, he's my favorite. He went totally berserk in Allied Meta Forces with Canibus

[Kool G. Rap:]
Welcome to my world, danger and hazards
Gang of bastards, bangin' they ratchets
King and the Jacker, slangin' in traffic
Claimin' they cabbage, obtain half, they aimin' for stackage
Get brains from the attic, keep blingin' with karats
Cops see me in Maddox, then let ya dame have it, flames to the attic
The stains on ya fabric, the paint in the graphic
Canibus and G Rap, bangin' a classic
And if that beef on the street - hate you enough
Blow out ya brain in ya casket
Don't you love this drug element?
Where slugs crush ya melon and dome
Chrome that's known to break bones in an elephant
Shotgun pellets and, gunsmoke; smell the scent
Big bullets wiggle ya guts like gelatin
Cut through ya skeleton, knockage intelligence
Bystanders bite the dust
Jake wanna be like a Russian cuffed thrown in that Riker bus
We raised in the slums, with haze in our lungs, raisin' the guns
Knowin' - my day'll come, razors under the tongue
Clips in the steel, bricks in the wheels
Chips in the field of fortune
Dead men walkin' with hits on the grills
Late night at the spot, posted with goons, dope and balloons
Coke and the doom, you scheme?
I'll leave you open with wounds, nigga!
Witness G Rap put it back in perspective
Beat up shit with a dash of the peppers
Get blast for ya necklace
Leave ya brains on the dash in ya Lexus
We up in the club, dash for the exit
Make ya spread 'em out - show you what this lead about
Take it from an old thug, whoever clean cold blood
Believe they bled it out (Yo)
Crave for the war, pop out rages with fours
Hit the jackpot, blazin' the raw - gettin' bands in the pores
Bitches enjoy with dick in their jaws
The frame drank sick of Valor, straight bandit spot
Open up shop, turn the block to "Planet Rock"
Shit with no chop, slept with the glock with the hammer cocked
Servin' the fiends, hop in the Suburban and lean
Look at that don nigga swervin' in Queens, playa
Ballin' a lot, brawlin' for props, callin' the shots
Hit the curb, birds all on the flock
Jockin', like "who that there covered in all of them rocks"
(Giacanna) It's royalty bitch, fall on the cock, recognize one (Ride out)
Giacanna G Rap, that live one - pay homage (God bitch!)
Get it bleeped up, I spray comments, nigga what?!
(Nigga what, it's The Curriculum: Mic Club)

[Kool G. Rap:]
Know it's, dough over hoes - bankrolls, Rovers and clothes
And shots blow all them cowards and foes
Giacanna proud with the pros, foul mode
We quick reachers, spear with the fearless 'til you drip liters
Flip divas, the big secret on the strip to 'til their tits and beaver
Sip Cris' and sniff coke of the peeter
Yeah we ball big baby, lock off the meter
You should see us, it's movie star status
Scar lavish large cabbage, rip the Pablo Escobar fabrics
Froze the road we chose, not a pretty route, nittied out
Grimey and grittied out, stack dough, jiggy out
Dime bitches behavin' like ya sex slave skizzied out
Some nigga dizzy style 'til he's out, busy mouth
Swerve to the curb, hit the bird split the kitties out
We kidnap for trap - blackmail for a gang a mill
Spot banger himself, fishscale rocks under the fingernails
The blood trail lead to a corpse
Treat my appetite for greed with a torch
For keys to a Porsche, to breeze in the loft
Roll up my hand sheets with the force
We squeeze off, no need for remorse, playa
Forty wild goons, we forty Calhouns
You die forty foul dooms for forty coward moves
Bless sparkle, and spark until my shorty style rules
Giancanna dead? We spread; I'll be a 40 mile tune nigga
What, what nigga? The noble laureate comin' at y'all niggaz
Uh, 40-pound style nigga

2 Likes

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

even if you don't think he's the greatest, he deserves all the hype he gets. You shouldn't say or think he's overrated. Darkrebel gave you enough points on why he's extolled. Eminem is the only mainstream rapper that really started from the bottom. Besides that, he is the most all-rounded rapper: he's rapped to all genre of music. For instance, Which of the rappers you mentioned earlier can(could e.g 2pac ) rap to a rock & roll genre? Lol. Em is sick!

most of those guys you mentioned specialize(d) in a particular style and personality.

What it means to be the greatest is to be faultless, to be all-rounded and to stand the test of time. These are the criteria for being the GOAT - and all of which eminem has aced. other emcees are YET to achieve as much as this. .

BEing the GOAt is not even about what an individual has done for the game (like you said in your previous posts), it's about who the most dexterious is.

Lionel messi would be goat in football if he won the world cup. people wouldn't say, because pele was the first person to start dribbling players he is better than messi. Why? Because messi is much more well- rounded than pele, because the game has changed and got better.

So, rating oldskul rappers above shady is lousy. Jayz is the only newskul dude that could come close to shady a bit.
Lol. So Eminem is the most dexterous? And rapping through several beats made him that? If that's the case Lil Wayne is rightfully the greatest rapper of all time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
Lol. So Em's was more complex to what Rakim and Big Pun did. Lol. Just go download their songs. I will recommended Paid in Full and Capital Punishment for a start.

yes..eminem is way more complex than Rakim and Pun in terms of rhyming..if you wanna argue, we would sludge it out. I got time..
we would dissect their verses one by one and pinpoint how many multies they employed in their verses, the complexity of the words, internal rhymes, length of rhyme schemes etc
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

5 mics for this comment...

the dude is not even arguing with facts but based on preference. his likeness for Tupac is making him not see the obvious.
eminem tromps pac in flow, delivery, rap speed, rhyme schemes, punchlines, metaphors, wordplays..eminem is also a better story-teller...
I don't even entirely agree that pac had a better subject matter and topics because slim shady experimented on various topics and was always very creative with them....
the ingenuity displayed in stan for example is orgasmic to the cochlear nerve.... the way he took up 2 different personas in the same track and made sense with everything while rhyming intricately was genius....
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Kanyol(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
darkenedrebel:

yes..eminem is way more complex than Rakim and Pun in terms of rhyming..if you wanna argue, we would sludge it out. I got time..
we would dissect their verses one by one and pinpoint how many multies they employed in their verses, the complexity of the woords, internal rhymes, length of rhyme schemes etc
Rakim is more precise. Em slants rhymes like Bleep
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
Kanyol:

Rakim is more precise. Em slants rhymes like Bleep

half/slant rhymes are used to avoid cliches - such as repeatedly rhyming college with knowledge or hat with cat. they give the writer greater freedom and flexibility in forming lines of verse, and some words have no perfect rhyme in English e.g orange necessitating the usage of imperfect rhymes.. it is not a technical foul but a more interesting and creative way of rhyming.....

eminem does perfect rhymes too...he mixes them together and gives the audience the total package...

Since honesty is the best policy I'll give you the old college try
Try to Acknowledge my mistakes, probably won't qualify
As a gentleman and a scholar, but it's time that I Swallow pride
And say that I'm sorry, sorry I can't apologize
I think of all them times I compromised my bottom lines
And thought of rhymes that sodomized your daughter's minds
Then I'm like dollar signs
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
Ibime:

The key areas Em influenced the game is in humour and double-time rhyming (which he started in the last 6 years)

and horror-core

Ibime:

I was around in that era. Majority of rappers were polysyllabic eg Nas, Jay Z, Jadakiss, Big Pun, Big L, Nature, Cormega, the whole Terror squad, Heltah Skektah, Outsidaz, Kool G Rap, Tracey Lee, AZ, Black Thought etc.

You couldnt be an East coast rapper in those days and be monosyllabic. Biggie was really the last monosyllabic East coast guy on that level.

I wouldnt add polysyllabic to his list of achievements.

When it comes to polysyllables, the running order is as such:

1. Rakim was the first to go from 1 syllables to 2/3 syllables

2. Big Daddy Kane took it from 2/3 syllables to 4/5 syllables

3. Kool G rap took Big Daddy Kanes style into the modern era we know today.

All the Nas, AZ, Big Pun, Eminem, Jay Z, Big L and all modern rappers are derivatives of Kool G Rap style.

noted.... but I still prefer eminem's style of rhyming- the assonance, near-rhymes and all the other enticing ingredients...they make his verses more flexible and enjoyable.....
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
darkenedrebel:

eminem is not one of the best - he is the best....
eminem should be compared to Rakim not Tupac

And your basis is that he rhymes better or/and developed the polysyllabic system which we all know is Rakim's? Lyrically I can't even compare Eminem and Rakim. Rakim raps like one being instructed by the God's Eminem raps like a psychopath using drugs.

darkenedrebel:

average rappers are the likes of Drake, Wale & co..Yela isn't average..i doubt you have even downloaded any of his albums...

Lol. So Yelawolf is better than Wale. Chai! Maybe I have to listen to this Radioactive again.

darkenedrebel:

dude I don't even know what you are saying..
these people specifically stated that eminem influenced their style of rapping & you here talking otherwise...
so why are you sure eminem influenced yelawolf but find it hard to believe that he influenced the other rappers i mentioned? .
your point is invalid

There's a difference between saying that somebody influenced and acting like somebody ready influenced you. How best do we know this? We simply compare your works to see the influence. Of the guys you listed how many write like someone influenced by Eminem? Socrates influenced your philosophy but your actions are with the school of hedonism. How truthful of you.

Let me explain something to you. You see, young rappers tend to show respect by hanging on the influence line. Instead of saying that somebody motivated them they use they use the word 'influence'. For example after Fire Squad, Cole had to defend his words that he was not really hating Eminem but loves him and his works influenced him. And you ask yourself, how?

darkenedrebel:

dude..you are just talking in circles...Pac rapped about god, Pac rapped about christ bla bla bla... how does that make him better?
.subject matter is just a criterion in determining who the best is...it's not the main determinant..
this is rap - & you are free to express yourself & rap about whatever you want...
i disagree- technicality is what makes you a good/lyrical rapper..
anybody can do monosyllabic & start pytalizing sage or words of wisdom from the bible.....it doesn't make him a G.O.A.T..Alexpissu is not the least technical but does all those conscious rap all the time, but still I can never rate him above Kr0ne or Elymax...

I was simply showing you what your versatility means. You don't talk about versatility and mention Eminem. Rapping to different beats doesn't mean you are a versatile rapper. Versatility comes from intelligence. Again I ask, what are these versatile topics he raps about or better still what does it mean for a rapper to be versatile?

darkenedrebel:

If Tupac hadn't died he wouldn't get this hype..fact...
he's overrated & is just a döpe rapper..the whole godlike status people give him is not necessary....

The same thing with Eminem. If he was black the GOAT status will not even be spoken about. It's simply because he's white.

darkenedrebel:

stop telling me to listen to rap..I grew up listening to Hiphop..there is no single album of all great Emcees I have not listened to...
you are the one that needs to look past skin color & listen to rap with a free mind

I doubt you though. If you did you wouldn't be saying this. I don't go with the crowd when it's evident the errors are on their side. I wouldn't say Em is the greatest so that I will be seen as a free mind.

darkenedrebel:

quit this mentality..the fact that Rakim is one of the pioneers of polysyllabic rhyming does not mean eminem is not a better rhymer.
the teacher cannot always be better than the student..the student evolves over time ..
talk with reason - things/times have changed. rap has also evolved..the style/rhyme scheme that was unbelievable then is seen as ordinary today..
like eminem said in Rap god to his haters- you are stuck in a time warp from 2004

It seems your entire argument is built on his rhyming skill where he's not even number one. Please I'd like to see this unbelievable rhyme scheme and also tell me why they are the best ever to be spat by an MC.

darkenedrebel:

eminem is the greatest & I've proved it with facts- from lyrical skill to freestyle to album sales to content to rhyming ability to delivery/flow etc...all you have been muttering so far is how Tupac raps about Jehovah... that is not a perquisite...

Lol. You didn't prove anything. And where did I even say that Tupac raps about Jehovah talk more repeat it over?

darkenedrebel:

dude..go read up on rap..you know nowt..
eminem popularised rap battling on the big screen with the 8 mile movie ....once it hit hollywood the whole world knew about it
there were street rap battles, rap olympics but 8 mile gave rap battling the much needed exposure..

Lol. I don't want to brag but I don't think there's anybody here who has consumed the amount of rap I have consumed. And before Eminem did 8 mile he created Rap Olympics and came second.

It is simply, dude, change. Everything will keep changing and possibly be improved on. Giving 8 Mile the credit is not in any way rational. It is an insult to the men who made rap battle what it is today.

darkenedrebel:

that's just one of the things eminem does better than pac...he has better flow than Tupac..better delivery..better breath control...pronounces/enunciates syllables better..etc..all of em are taken into consideration if we are gonna be juxtaposition them..

This says nothing about greatness.

darkenedrebel:

talk with reason..I'm not saying the best freestylers are the greatest rappers..I'm only outlining one of eminem's strengths & something he can do which Tupac can't..
when comparing 2 rappers everything is tabled down..
if eminem is not in your top 5 freestylers in the world then you know need to check yourself.. ..even the best freestylers have him on their Top 5..
it's not about freestyling for days like you said..
Proof can freestyle for 1 year but hardly has any quotables in them..eminem drops a gazillion punchlines & metaphors in just 10/15 minutes freestyle...quality over quantity...

Is it not the same Eminem I know. By the way I will also like to know the top five freestyle rappers who have Eminem in their top five.

darkenedrebel:

i won't reply you again... i thought you had a keen mind...
when comparing two rappers every of their strengths & weaknesses is discussed..the tiniest thing is brought to the table..
being able to rap fast does not make one G.O.A.T but it doesn't change the fact that em can switch up his flow at will whilst Tupac cannot...in other words em is more versatile & a more complete rapper

This is still pointless.

darkenedrebel:

shush...to master language you need an Einstein-esque kinda intelligence & eminem has mastered the english language to the point where Shakespeare grows green with jealousy in his grave..
don't forget he is also a cartoonist..and you have to be a creative individual to excel in arts..
he uses uncommon words in his raps, idioms, etc...& the deep metaphors he employs only proves how renaissance & well-read he is....
Why are you making it difficult? I already said he's clever with the words but not the world. The most intelligent rapper is not the one with the most vocabulary but with all round knowledge. To correct you, Ludacris has more words than your Eminem.

darkenedrebel:

eminem has a higher IQ than Tupac..don't even go there at all...

Lol. I shouldn't go there? Like you have their IQ test results. Show me.

darkenedrebel:

another hokum ...

no they are not the same..

no it isn't but it is the core criterion taken into consideration..
that's like saying scoring a lot of goals in one's footballing career isn't one of determiners used in deciding who the G.O.A.T in football is... Dr
But you are yet to even show how he rules any criteria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
darkenedrebel:

we would dissect their verses one by one and pinpoint how many multies they employed in their verses, the complexity of the words, internal rhymes, length of rhyme schemes etc
So what do you really understand by complex? Having more rhymes alone?
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
So what do you really understand by complex? Having more rhymes alone?

rhyme is quintessence in hiphop so it has to be number one criterion in judging complexity..the amount of rhymes in a verse, and how they make perfect sense..
then we will look at the metaphors..em does extended metaphors most times.. then we look at wordplays, language, punchlines etc...
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
darkenedrebel:

rhyme is quintessence in hiphop so it has to be number one criterion in judging complexity..the amount of rhymes in a verse, and how they make perfect sense..
then we will look at the metaphors..em does extended metaphors most times.. then we look at wordplays, language, punchlines etc...
But so far you seem to be looking at as the only one. Why so? Is Eminem the best rhyme spitter? No. The best Punchliner? No. The best in metaphors? No. The best wordplay? No. Best language? No. You can show me otherwise. How then is he the greatest withing these criterias?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by mikuz(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
We have a match guys..

https://www.nairaland.com/2759526/regular-battle-mikuz-vs-007bruce

I swear you pasted that link before I even created it.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by ELYMAXiimus(m): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
Lol. So Eminem is the most dexterous?

Is this a real question? Yes, he is, without any shadow of doubt. Which of those rappers you mentioned can survive a rap battle with slim shady? Dem wan die? grin. Which of them rhymes better than him in this PRESENT DAY? who among them can flip/chop better than him? Etc. These are some of the rare skills that we look out for when RATING, and not some generic stuffs(like story writing) which every rapper could do.

And rapping through several beats made him that? If that's the case Lil Wayne is rightfully the greatest rapper of all time.
Mhen, whatchu got against shady? Lil Wayne?

Not just rapping over several beats, but also subjects. The subject determines the beat to be used. So, when I said he's rapped to all genre of music, I didn't mean the beat only; he's rapped about everything that can be rapped about.

You can't fault him.
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

Is this a real question? Yes, he is, without any shadow of doubt. Which of those rappers you mentioned can survive a rap battle with slim shady? Dem wan die? grin. Which of them rhymes better than him in this PRESENT DAY? who among them can flip/chop better than him? Etc. These are some of the rare skills that we look out for when RATING, and not some generic stuffs(like story writing) which every rapper could do.

Mhen, whatchu got against shady? Lil Wayne?

Not just rapping over several beats, but also subjects. The subject determines the beat to be used. So, when I said he's rapped to all genre of music, I didn't mean the beat only; he's rapped about everything that can be rapped about.

You can't fault him.
This is another statement I don't understand. Because somebody battled unknown MCs in Rap Olympics and still came second he will automatically win any rap battle today. I'd love to see him take up Lux's challenge to begin from there. Tell me, what are these subjects he raps about? Eminem the best Rhymer? Final Answer?

1 Like 1 Share

Reyginus:
And your basis is that he rhymes better or/and developed the polysyllabic system which we all know is Rakim's? Lyrically I can't even compare Eminem and Rakim. Rakim raps like one being instructed by the God's Eminem raps like a psychopath using drugs

i never said he pioneered multies..but he refurbished it and made it better.. he made rhyming a science and broke boundaries with them...
Rakim is a one-dimensional emcee...his themes are braggadocios like most old-school emcees...eminem is more versatile and complete. i thought you said hated the fact that eminem raps are always about self-appraisal and adulation, but you have no problem with Rakim doing the same thing... why are your views changing every 2 seconds?

Reyginus:

Lol. So Yelawolf is better than Wale. Chai! Maybe I have to listen to this Radioactive again

Wale can't even out-rap M.I abaga in a cypher ..

Reyginus:

There's a difference between saying that somebody influenced and acting like somebody ready influenced you. How best do we know this? We simply compare your works to see the influence. Of the guys you listed how many write like someone influenced by Eminem? Socrates influenced your philosophy but your actions are with the school of hedonism. How truthful of you

I don't have time to engage in this Ferris wheel type of convo..
search for Kendrick Lamar and all those I highlighted in my previous posts on youtube, and watch them mention eminem as one of their biggest influences... if you don't agree with them then it's not my problem

Reyginus:

Let me explain something to you. You see, young rappers tend to show respect by hanging on the influence line. Instead of saying that somebody motivated them they use they use the word 'influence'. For example after Fire Squad, Cole had to defend his words that he was not really hating Eminem but loves him and his works influenced him. And you ask yourself, how?

but you were confident that Yelawolf was influenced by em but refuse to believe Knedrick and co. were also influenced by eminem even though they stated it themselves...dude, you are making no point... half of nairaland emcees were influenced by Ibime- bruce and co..it's no big deal..same way most emcees in this neo-hiphop era were influenced by eminem...

Reyginus:

I was simply showing you what your versatility means. You don't talk about versatility and mention Eminem. Rapping to different beats doesn't mean you are a versatile rapper. Versatility comes from intelligence. Again I ask, what are these versatile topics he raps about or better still what does it mean for a rapper to be versatile?

so you talk about versatility and mention Tupac? .to be versatile you have to be intelligent? so eminem is a dimwit? someone that worked his way to the echelon most rappers can never reach in 500 years time is unintelligent? someone that is worth more than 160 million dollars is unintelligent..nigga youse a joke
first of all to be successful you have to be intelligent and possess a certain level of business acumen...secondly is it the same em that experiments with pop, rnb, rock, metal that isn't versatile?..eminem is the most multifaceted rapper ever...99% percent of the world agrees with that

Reyginus:

The same thing with Eminem. If he was black the GOAT status will not even be spoken about. It's simply because he's white.

Rakim said if eminem was black, he would be as revered as Mohammed Ali...your point is null

Reyginus:

I doubt you though. If you did you wouldn't be saying this. I don't go with the crowd when it's evident the errors are on their side. I wouldn't say Em is the greatest so that I will be seen as a free mind.

because you are either a racist or you don't know how to judge rap music..

Reyginus:

It seems your entire argument is built on his rhyming skill where he's not even number one. Please I'd like to see this unbelievable rhyme scheme and also tell me why they are the best ever to be spat by an MC.

rhyming is only one of the numerous criterion he lords 2pac..
bring out Tupac's best rhyme scheme and I will bring out eminem's worst, and we will compare and contrast..

Reyginus:

Lol. You didn't prove anything. And where did I even say that Tupac raps about Jehovah talk more repeat it over?

i was just being sarcastic. my point is you haven't backed up your claim that Tupac is better than em asides from repeatedly stating that he's a conscious rapper, which is not enough reason..I can mention 20 conscious rappers who are way ahead of Pac

Reyginus:

Lol. I don't want to brag but I don't think there's anybody here who has consumed the amount of rap I have consumed. And before Eminem did 8 mile he created Rap Olympics and came second.

you consume rap but there's no osmosis and proper permeation..

Reyginus:

It is simply, dude, change. Everything will keep changing and possibly be improved on. Giving 8 Mile the credit is not in any way rational. It is an insult to the men who made rap battle what it is today

oga, you don't know what you are uttering..ask ibime emaprince coogar and co.
8 mile influenced modern day battle rap. It made rap battling mainstream, stop being adamant and learn

Reyginus:

Is it not the same Eminem I know. By the way I will also like to know the top five freestyle rappers who have Eminem in their top five

King Los, Dizaster, Charron etc

Reyginus:

Why are you making it difficult? I already said he's clever with the words but not the world. The most intelligent rapper is not the one with the most vocabulary but with all round knowledge. To correct you, Ludacris has more words than your Eminem.

and what makes you think or say Tupac is more intelligent than eminem? you are the one confusing yourself by bringing irrelevancies into the discourse....
how do you know Pac is more intelligent?..did you see him take an ACT exam or did you see him solve a multiplex problem? answer is no - only thing we can use to judge their intelligence is how they utilize words in their verses which i did...and eminem obviously is the superior..

Reyginus:

Lol. I shouldn't go there? Like you have their IQ test results. Show me.

you were the one that started it by claiming Tupac was more intelligent than eminem... even Nas verses limn of more intelligence than that of Pac.. pac most times uses slang words and his verses aren't entirely syntactic...

Reyginus:

But you are yet to even show how he rules any criteria.

he rules and dominates almost all the aspects of rap
he has better flow, delivery, rhyme-schemes, metaphors, wordplays/puns/double/triple entendres, punchlines..he even sold more albums in an era of internet downloading which should have even stunted em's record sales...

even if we give Pac the subject matter crit, eminem still wins 6-1..in other words he is way better than Pac.. end of discussion..
mikuz:

I swear you pasted that link before I even created it.
Lololololol. I be winch?
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
But so far you seem to be looking at as the only one. Why so?

maybe you haven't been reading right... rhyme is the backbone of rap, it is only normal i use it to buttress my point.

Reyginus:

Is Eminem the best rhyme spitter? No. The best Punchliner? No. The best in metaphors? No. The best wordplay? No. Best language? No. You can show me otherwise. How then is he the greatest withing these criterias?

we are debating on eminem vs tupac not if anybody else is better than eminem...stay on the topic and stop digressing
you are either smoking wire or your dealer sold you the wrong Chuck Norris..
Tupac has better metaphors than eminem? Tupac has better punchlines? Tupac has better wordplays?

I'm done arguing with you
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by ELYMAXiimus(m): 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
But so far you seem to be looking at as the only one. Why so? Is Eminem the best rhyme spitter? No. The best Punchliner? No. The best in metaphors? No. The best wordplay? No. Best language? No. You can show me otherwise. How then is he the greatest withing these criterias?
He is by far better in these crits than all the people he's being compared with. Name any of your GOAT that is better than him in any of these crits you mentioned. I'm waiting...
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

He is by far better in these crits than all the people he's being compared with. Name any of your GOAT that is better than him in any of these crits you mentioned. I'm waiting...

I don't even know why he's deviating.. the rappers we are correlating are tupac and eminem..why is he asking if eminem is the best punchliner or if he is the best rhymer?
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
This is another statement I don't understand. Because somebody battled unknown MCs in Rap Olympics and still came second he will automatically win any rap battle today. I'd love to see him take up Lux's challenge to begin from there. Tell me, what are these subjects he raps about? Eminem the best Rhymer? Final Answer?

eminem would destroy any rapper in URL and KOTD....that's what he eats and breathes..lux that got killed by charlie clips?
you should be mentioning the likes of illmaculate not lux
Royce da 5'9 already said it that no active battle rapper can beat eminem..and he is 100 percent correct
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by ELYMAXiimus(m): 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Reyginus:
You're beginning to sound like you're hating on him. What has loaded lux got to do with this? I said he is an all-round rapper(Battlerap included), I didn't say he could whoop any battlerapper. Of cos, in terms of battlerap he mightn't be the best, but when we round up every aspect of hiphop and evaluate rappers' general skills, there's no one better.
I didn't even compare him to battlerappers( they only know how to battle. They wouldn't even make anybody's top 100 list of GOATs of hiphop), I compared him to the names you've been mentioning: which of them can survive in a rap battle against him?
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
reyginus i don't find what you say sententious so I'm not gonna waste my time replying like i said earlier....

eminem influenced yelawolf because their voice sound alike..kendrick lamar was not influenced by em because their voice and subject matter differs?...hahahah i told you that you are a clown..
hillbilly yelawolf has a southern accent and sounds nothing like eminem....royce is the one that sounds like em...
my head might burst from reading so much dross in a single day, so like i said, this conversation is over
Re: ++++ Rap Section Derailers Haven +++++ by obainojazz(m): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
Let's support our own....warriblood is the GOAT.....which male rapper can rap with a tiny female voice...how many rappers combine audio and text....how many rappers are barbers and rappers....how many rappers get k-leg and round head.....warriblood is Goat jare

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply)

" The Freestyle Lounge" / M.i's Comment On Vector's 2hours 30minutes Freestyle Fury / 8 Bars/16lines Diss Beef Anybody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.