Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research (12173 Views)

Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? / Here's Why I Have Decided To Stop Being A Christian / The Christians' Dialectic : Is Telekinesis God's Given Gift Or Demonic ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
Princewell2012:

OH i can see where you re coming from cry

OH i can see where you re coming from

I'm showing the origins of the book of Genesis and stories in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by delishpot: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
OP is this from the story you were told or you wrote the sumerian book yourself?
Both books history are written and introduced to us by same group of people. Every thing we hear is what we have been spoon fed. we cant vouch 100% truth in the stories we are told.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

I'm showing the origins of the book of Genesis and stories in it.

I have a response. cool

O ye bible beleivers! what Ifeness has done here is hide some more important facts of this Sumerian account. Which he claims the bible plagiarised.

I shall be putting it up soon.

Jeez! The things some ppl do to discredit the bible.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
delishpot:
OP is this from the story you were told or you wrote the sumerian book yourself?
Both books history are written and introduced to us by same group of people. Every thing we hear is what we have been spoon fed. we cant vouch 100% truth in the stories we are told.

You got that right at the bolded.

They were actually written by the same people. Abraham is believed to have even been a Sumerian.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
delishpot:

It is from the Sumerian Tablets. You can buy it on Amazon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by malvisguy212: 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

I'm only showing the original stories. Now you can throw away the photocopied one.
do you believe in the original story ?

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
do you believe in the original story ?

It is not a matter of believe,it is an evidence your holy book isn't the original.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by malvisguy212: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:
The Sumerian Tablets are 4,500 years old

The Torah is 3313 years old which is the Old Testament in the bible.

This makes the Sumerian tablets 1187 years older than the Torah. If we take the 2 and compare them we can see how the Priests with their agenda changed the Torah from what really happened by looking at the Sumerian Tablets. Coincidence?

Comparison: The Bible versus the Anunnaki stories

In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth and all life on Earth, man and woman, in 7 days resting on the 7th day. The garden of Eden where 4 rivers meet Pishon, Gihon, Tigress, Euphrates.

In the Anunnaki version the Anunnaki Enki lands on Earth with 50 Anunnaki Hero's and established Eridu in the Edin in 7 days making the 7th day a rest day. the Edin where 4 rivers meet. ( Mesopotamia, Iraq )

And God said let us make man in our image and in our likeness. God made Man from the dust of the Earth, and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life and the man came to be a living soul. He called the man Adam

The Birth From The Anunnaki Of (Adamu and TiAmat).First Generation Earth humans. The Anunnaki toiled the Gold mines for 80 shars, over 300,000 years before creating worker helpers in thier image and thier likeness. Ningishzidda ( Enki's son ) engineers Anunnaki male human essence DNA with the oval egg of Homoerectus female in a vesel made from the clay of the Earth (like test tube baby) and inserts it into the womb of Ninmah(Ninharsag). Ninmah gives birth to Adamu. Same thing but for a girl, Enki inserts it into Damkina (Enki's spouse,Alalu's Daughter). Damkina gives birth to Tiamat. ADAMU & TIAMAT the models created in the Anunnaki's image.

1.were is the source of your information?
2. This is what you wrote :

" In the Anunnaki version the Anunnaki Enki lands on Earth with 50 Anunnaki Hero's and established Eridu in the Edin in 7 days making the 7th day a rest day. the Edin where 4 rivers meet."

If this is how the anunnaki began life on earth, then I must say ,the god's lie, according to science, life began "A SINGLE CELL ORGANISM" the story is not the same with the biblical story.

The Genesis creation account is absolutely unique among all creation stories, both in its simplicity and in its scientific accuracy.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by malvisguy212: 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

It is not a matter of believe,it is an evidence your holy book isn't the original.
calm down bro. Do not panic.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
Question: "What similarities are there between the Gilgamesh flood account and the biblical flood account?"

Answer: There are many similarities between the Gilgamesh flood account and the biblical flood account (Genesis 6—cool, beginning most importantly with God choosing a righteous man to build an ark because of an impending great flood. In both accounts, samples from all species of animals were to be on the ark, and birds were used after the rains to determine if flood waters had subsided anywhere to reveal dry land. There are other similarities between the Gilgamesh flood account and the biblical flood account.

One major point of clear agreement is that a global flooding disaster occurred in ancient times. Portions of the Gilgamesh account (Chaldean Flood Tablets) have been found dating back to 2000 BC or earlier. Tablets containing the full story, however, date to approximately 650 BC, or well after the Genesis account (c. 1450—1410 BC). These Chaldean tablets, from the city of Ur (modern-day southern Iraq), describe how the Babylonian God Ea decided to end all life except for the ark dwellers with a great flood. Ea, believed by the Babylonians to be the god who created the earth, selected Ut-Napishtim (or Utnapishtim) to construct a six-story square ark.

Cont'd...
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
During the mid-nineteenth century, this complete “Epic of Gilgamesh” (from 650 BC) was unearthed in some ruins at Nineveh’s great library, and the depth and breadth of similarities and differences became evident. Here is a more extensive listing of the similarities and differences:

• God (or several gods in the Gilgamesh account) decided to destroy humankind because of its wickedness and sinfulness (Genesis 6:5–7).

• A righteous man (Genesis 6:9) was directed to build an ark to save a limited and select group of people and all species of animals (Noah received his orders directly from God, Utnapishtim from a dream).

• Both arks were huge, although their shapes differed. Noah’s was rectangular; Utnapishtim’s was square.

• Both arks had a single door and at least one window.

• A great rain covered the land and mountains with water, although some water emerged from beneath the earth in the biblical account (Genesis 7:11).

• Biblical flooding was 40 days and nights (Genesis 7:12), while the Gilgamesh flood was much shorter (six days and nights).

• Birds were released to find land (a raven and three doves in the biblical account, Genesis 8:6–12; a dove, swallow, and raven in the other).

• After the rains ceased, both arks came to rest on a mountain, Noah’s on Ararat (Genesis 8:4); Utnapishtim’s on Nisir. These mountains are about 300 miles apart.

Cont'd..
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
• Sacrifices were offered after the flood (Genesis 8:20).

• God was (or gods were) pleased by the sacrifices (Genesis 8:21), and Noah and Utnapishtim received blessings. Noah’s blessing was to populate the earth and have dominion over all animals (Genesis 9:1–3); Utnapishtim’s was eternal life.

• God (or the many gods) promised not to destroy humankind again (Genesis 8:21–22).

Perhaps most interesting is how the stories remain consistent over time. Although the complete Epic of Gilgamesh was discovered in the mid-nineteenth century, much earlier segments (before the writing of Genesis) have been discovered and dated. Yet most significant is the greater fidelity of the Hebrew account. This is attributed to the importance of Jewish oral tradition and the possibility that some of the story was recorded by Noah or from his time, which would make the Hebrew account precede the Babylonian version.

Some scholars hypothesize the Hebrews borrowed the Babylonian account, but no conclusive proof has been offered to support this. Based on the many and varied differences and details within these stories, it seems unlikely that the biblical version depended upon an existing Sumerian source. Further, given the Jews’ reputation for passing down information scrupulously from one generation to another and maintaining a consistent reporting of events, Genesis is viewed by many as far more historical than the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is regarded as mythological because of its numerous gods and their interrelationships and intrigues in deciding the fate of humankind.

Certainly, for those who believe the Bible is God’s Word, it is sensible to conclude He chose to preserve the true account in the Bible through the oral traditions of His chosen people. By God’s providence, His people kept this account pure and consistent over the centuries until Moses ultimately recorded it in the Book of Genesis. The Epic of Gilgamesh is believed to contain accounts which have been altered and embellished over the years by people not following the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Source: The Genesis Flood: The Biblical Record and Its Scientific Implications, 50th Anniversary Edition by Morris & Whitcomb
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
malvisguy212:

1.were is the source of your information?
2. This is what you wrote :

" In the Anunnaki version the Anunnaki Enki lands on Earth with 50 Anunnaki Hero's and established Eridu in the Edin in 7 days making the 7th day a rest day. the Edin where 4 rivers meet."

If this is how the anunnaki began life on earth, then I must say ,the god's lie, according to science, life began "A SINGLE CELL ORGANISM" the story is not the same with the biblical story.

The Genesis creation account is absolutely unique among all creation stories, both in its simplicity and in its scientific accuracy.

This information is to help people make research about other books that were written thousands of years before the bible. I am pointing out the fact that the bible stole those stories. Nothing to do with them being true or not.

Rather than people blindly believing in the singular god of the bible,The Sumerian tablet stated they were many and all stories matched.

The stories may have been the idea of Sumerians to amuse their people,who knows.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:
During the mid-nineteenth century, this complete “Epic of Gilgamesh” (from 650 BC) was unearthed in some ruins at Nineveh’s great library, and the depth and breadth of similarities and differences became evident. Here is a more extensive listing of the similarities and differences:

• God (or several gods in the Gilgamesh account) decided to destroy humankind because of its wickedness and sinfulness (Genesis 6:5–7).

• A righteous man (Genesis 6:9) was directed to build an ark to save a limited and select group of people and all species of animals (Noah received his orders directly from God, Utnapishtim from a dream).

• Both arks were huge, although their shapes differed. Noah’s was rectangular; Utnapishtim’s was square.

• Both arks had a single door and at least one window.

• A great rain covered the land and mountains with water, although some water emerged from beneath the earth in the biblical account (Genesis 7:11).

• Biblical flooding was 40 days and nights (Genesis 7:12), while the Gilgamesh flood was much shorter (six days and nights).

• Birds were released to find land (a raven and three doves in the biblical account, Genesis 8:6–12; a dove, swallow, and raven in the other).

• After the rains ceased, both arks came to rest on a mountain, Noah’s on Ararat (Genesis 8:4); Utnapishtim’s on Nisir. These mountains are about 300 miles apart.

Cont'd..

So what's your point..... The bible isn't still the original
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

So what's your point..... The bible isn't still the original

Calm down na. grin I never finish.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
[b]So what validates the biblical account of the Flood over the Sumerian myths? There are several physical and academic evidences:

- The archaeology: In the 1890s, in the city of Nippur (northwest of Ur), archaeologists found a tablet dated 2200 BC—shortly after the Flood. Catalogued as CBM 13532, the details of the event are nearly identical to the biblical account. In particular, unlike the fanciful Sumerian tales, both CBM 13532 and Genesis 6-7 read like a no-nonsense historical account.

- The content of the texts: The biblical account is more specific and detailed. The exact people who survived the Flood are mentioned, as are their direct descendants. In addition, the Genesis story gives more specifics about the kind and number of animals that were rescued in the ark.

- The Flood: The description of the Gilgamesh account seems to infer a global flood. All humans were to turn into clay. No one was to survive. And Utnapishtim needed to save representatives of all the animals. But the poem does not adequately explain how such a flood occurred. Six days of rain alone would not flood the world. Genesis, however, describes how forty days and nights of rain combined with waters from the deep covered even the tops of the highest mountains.

- The ark: The design of the ark as given in the Bible is uniquely suited for a large vessel in rough waters. It was a flat-bottomed rectangle which evenly compromised between storage capacity and stability. The ark in the Gilgamesh story is a cube made from the remnants of a reed hut, covered in pitch and naturally-occurring asphalt. Such a structure would not have been able to safely see all those animals through a flood.

- The progression of religion: Secular scholars insist that Judaism was made up, that it is a simplification of the common polytheistic religions of the day. The evidence says otherwise. Archaeology gives evidence that the earliest human religions were monotheistic. Throughout the years, monotheism gave way to anthropomorphized nature worship. This gives evidence that the monotheistic biblical account is based on earlier information.

All this means is that descendants of the survivors of the Flood knew about the Flood and passed down the story with ever increasing embellishment. The flood mythology found in the Epic of Gilgamesh and other places serves to give significant evidence that a global flood did occur. The similarities between the 2200 BC tablet and the biblical story give weight to Moses' account.

Timeline
2700 BC: Calculated time of Gilgamesh as per dating of walls of Uruk.
2350 BC: Approximate time of the Flood.
2200 BC: Estimated age of CBM 13532
2100 BC: Apparent origin of the oldest Gilgamesh epic (Akkadian, AKA Old Babylonian). Alludes to the Flood.
Before Hammurabi (~1700 BC): Apparent time period of Atrahasis story
1600 BC: Apparent origin of the oldest copy of the Atrahasis story
1400 BC: Approximate time of the writing of the book of Genesis.
1400 BC: Standard Babylonian version including all 12 tablets. Flood story complete as copy of Atrahasis.
668-626 BC: Assurbanipal (Assyrian king referenced in Ezra 4:10) finds and stores the oldest preserved copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh in his library. Rediscovered in 1849.[/b]
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by malvisguy212: 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:
Story of the Flood of Noah

God tells Noah to build an Ark and cover it inside and outside with tar. After it was built. God said to bring into it all the animals male and female for in 7 more days I am making it rain upon the earth for 40 days and 40 nights.

Story of the Flood of Ziusudra (Noah)

Galzu the Anunnaki emissary appears in a dream to Enki with a tablet of a blue print of the Ark for Ziusudra to build and save himself, his wife, three sons Shem, Ham, Yafet, their families, and all the animals and dna. Enki awakens to find the tablet has manifested and is with him. Not breaking an oath not to tell anyone of the coming deluge by Nibiru's coming and gravitational pull causing this event, Enki speaks to Ziusudra through a reed hut leaving the tablet to find.
this story is different from the bible, God did not apear to Noah in a dream. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:
• Sacrifices were offered after the flood (Genesis 8:20).

• God was (or gods were) pleased by the sacrifices (Genesis 8:21), and Noah and Utnapishtim received blessings. Noah’s blessing was to populate the earth and have dominion over all animals (Genesis 9:1–3); Utnapishtim’s was eternal life.

• God (or the many gods) promised not to destroy humankind again (Genesis 8:21–22).

Perhaps most interesting is how the stories remain consistent over time. Although the complete Epic of Gilgamesh was discovered in the mid-nineteenth century, much earlier segments (before the writing of Genesis) have been discovered and dated. Yet most significant is the greater fidelity of the Hebrew account. This is attributed to the importance of Jewish oral tradition and the possibility that some of the story was recorded by Noah or from his time, which would make the Hebrew account precede the Babylonian version.

Some scholars hypothesize the Hebrews borrowed the Babylonian account, but no conclusive proof has been offered to support this. Based on the many and varied differences and details within these stories, it seems unlikely that the biblical version depended upon an existing Sumerian source. Further, given the Jews’ reputation for passing down information scrupulously from one generation to another and maintaining a consistent reporting of events, Genesis is viewed by many as far more historical than the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is regarded as mythological because of its numerous gods and their interrelationships and intrigues in deciding the fate of humankind.

Certainly, for those who believe the Bible is God’s Word, it is sensible to conclude He chose to preserve the true account in the Bible through the oral traditions of His chosen people. By God’s providence, His people kept this account pure and consistent over the centuries until Moses ultimately recorded it in the Book of Genesis. The Epic of Gilgamesh is believed to contain accounts which have been altered and embellished over the years by people not following the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Source: The Genesis Flood: The Biblical Record and Its Scientific Implications, 50th Anniversary Edition by Morris & Whitcomb

Quesion; Why would you think god(or rather the gods) choose to keep the true account in the bible,when the biblical version was obviously fabricated from the original? At least let it be known the gods where here to mine the planet for gold(according to the original book)
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
this story is different from the bible, God did not apear to Noah in a dream. Thank you for your time.

Oh it was a physical contact yeah? Was that all you got from the whole write up? Cherry picking as usual?
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

Quesion; Why would you think god(or rather the gods) choose to keep the true account in the bible,when the biblical version was obviously fabricated from the original? At least let it be known the gods where here to mine the planet for gold(according to the original book)

Read my post above.

The Sumerian myth is not considered the original.

That was why it is called a myth but the bible has not been declared a myth.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by malvisguy212: 2:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

This information is to help people make research about other books that were written thousands of years before the bible. I am pointing out the fact that the bible stole those stories. Nothing to do with them being true or not.

Rather than people blindly believing in the singular god of the bible,The Sumerian tablet stated they were many and all stories matched.

The stories may have been the idea of Sumerians to amuse their people,who knows.

nonsense, the research should've help you to know God exist. The story do not match.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Read my post above.

The Sumerian myth is not considered the original.

That was why it is called a myth but the bible has not been declared a myth.

You mean the story of a talking donkey isn't a myth
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by malvisguy212: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

Oh it was a physical contact yeah? Was that all you got from the whole write up? Cherry picking as usual?
provide the source of your information.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
nonsense, the research should've help you to know God exist. The story do not match.

Indeed.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

The story of an atomic bomb destroying S&G and the story of aliens looking for gold on the earth is not a myth I guess.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
provide the source of your information.

You should post me origins of the bible too.

Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:

The story of an atomic bomb destroying S&G and the story of aliens looking for gold on the earth is not a myth I guess.

They all are the same as jesus
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

You should post me origins of the bible too.

See this guy sha, so Amazon is your source. Did you buy the book?

I can also show you bible topics from Amazon.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by malvisguy212: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

this is the point, the bible is a myth but you are still trying to look for the original copy . Sory but this is stup*id.

@Jeromejnr I love your post. God bless you my friend.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
this is the point, the bible is a myth but you are still trying to look for the original copy . Sory but this is stup*id.

@Jeromejnr I love your post. God bless you my friend.

If the Sumerian version can be proven to predate the others,then that is the original.

You cannot argue with evidence/fact.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

They all are the same as jesus

You contradict yourself.

You are the one that was telling me of the illuminati and aliens that existed before.
Re: I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research by Jeromejnr(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
ifeness:

If the Sumerian version can be proven to predate the others,then that is the original.

You cannot argue with evidence/fact.

Point of correction.

It was not proven to be before the Genesis account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2021 / Whats Your Best 4 Letter Christian Word? / Bishop Kukah: "Amnesty To Boko Haram Shows FG Knows Something We Don’t"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.