Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? (37754 Views)

Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 27, 2015
Rukkydelta:
No! No! No! No! No!
delta people claiming to be wise like imo people but after everytin they became fools.since the man can give you why not give him?.every man need to work had.note: i no call you fool but am leting you know hw you behave shikina quote me @ur own peril
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by KRILMIJAY(m): 6:42am On Oct 27, 2015
diaz notin wrong with dt so long as d man z responsible with d money given to him by his wife. Infact, my momma gives ma Dad half of sal. every month, may b to support projects he embarked on etc. she doesnt complain cause dey understand each other. it's wise to do so dependin on d kinda Man she has as a Hussy.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by menxer: 6:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Otes26:
The truth is, as long as humans will always want to do things against the word of God, we should always be ready to bear the consequences. Women are not wired to help the men pay part of the bills in a marriage. That is totally the man's responsibility. Bible said the desire of the woman shall be upon the man. In order words, the woman is the responsibility of the man. Men don't begin to look for a woman to share your bills with if you want to be the head. This is a bitter truth. Men stand up to your responsibility.

Leave the Bible out of it, if not you lose the argument.

Here is the epitome of womanhood in marriage: Proverbs 31:10-31
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Franky9584(m): 6:52am On Oct 27, 2015
he is her husband not urs, so y not?
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 27, 2015
nawtibownie:
It depends tho. I won't give a lazy husband who's not ready to work up to half of my salary because he's definitely going to blow it up.
do you intend marrying such man?
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by simplisity(m): 6:57am On Oct 27, 2015
If she is humble enough, i think there is nothing in it, since they r one. But, not aftr everytin, when pride comes she will strt disrespectin d man, especialy wen she brings d greater part d money use in taking care of d house. This is what happens nowadays, especialy frm all these new generatn mothers.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by edwapkalmeed(m): 7:01am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by stanbiggi(m): 7:04am On Oct 27, 2015
” A woman money/asset is hers and her husband”s is ther's. " The earlier u know this the healthier ur union.

I have been married for fews years, I don't care what my wife salary is worth nor ask her to give me. In my eyes she is not working. If she likes let her volunteer to contribute in house rent or any huge bill. I will still get it done without her.

I don't know about foreign women but nigeria women don't like giving their spouse and that you cannot change but get used to it

So Jingolo and sugar boy take note and work hard.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Janix2:
I need honest answers.
Notice this days that Women earn than men.

Point of correction, women don't generally earn more than men, it is just that 'hard working women' who studied well in school and graduated with good result have the opportunity to work in very good companies paying their staffs very well. You cant compare them to the men who were too lazy to study well in school to earn a good result like first class or second class upper and still are too lazy to strive hard to get a good job or do something lucrative with their lives! someone like me who believes in his self! can never! I repeat never ever have a woman earing more than I do, na winch? With ma first class result, that shit ain't possible except the lady has other source of income (which i dont know of) I mean illegal source of income like drug dealing, e.t.c, other than that I am not sure she can or will ever earn more than I do!
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by nawtibownie: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2015
emusmith:
do you intend marrying such man?
No, I was just saying. Nobody wants a liability or do you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by rhames(m): 7:20am On Oct 27, 2015
I would only support that for two reasons. first,if the husband is the struggling type and his income is unable to even support him. second if he is totally jobless and searching for a job and the wife recognises the genuineness of that aspect. However some lazy men often take advantage of the generosity to the gullibility of their women to carry out nefarious actions.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2015
Dynamitechick:
no..

Except he wants to borrow with interest
lolz I think you re joking but why will a man ask a woman for money at the first place? I never do that and will never do it.after they will start telling us that their wife is insulting them while you have sold ur manly dignity.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 27, 2015
TooNoisy:
So what is he giving her husband money for?

If it is to pay part of the bills, then there is nothing wrong. If the husband can give the wife money, why can't the wife give her husband money?

Thank you!
. . .and like I always say, marry a half decent person and many of these "dilemmas" wont even be an issue because answers will come naturally.
You share bodily fluids with someone and share offspring but cant share money undecided
But you can give your money towards donation to pastors trip abroad!
Or for aso ebi for your colleagues 10 year death of his mother anniversary party
Something is wrong somewhere
My family comes first before anything and anybody

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by ewizard1: 7:30am On Oct 27, 2015
stanbiggi:
” A woman money/asset is hers and her husband”s is ther's. " The earlier u know this the healthier ur union.

I have been married for fews years, I don't care what my wife salary is worth nor ask her to give me. In my eyes she is not working. If she likes let her volunteer to contribute in house rent or any huge bill. I will still get it done without her.

I don't know about foreign women but nigeria women don't like giving their spouse and that you cannot change but get used to it

So Jingolo and sugar boy take note and work hard.

*Claps

Seen & Read!!! undecided
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 27, 2015
dammytosh:
It depends.

If he is responsible

Husband not boy friend oo
when u were a gf..shey u no beg for cash?
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Kudducini(m): 7:31am On Oct 27, 2015
So It Only Men Go Fit Give Women Money
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2015
nawtibownie:

No, I was just saying. Nobody wants a liability or do you?

I thought you did. wink
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by quertyquack: 7:36am On Oct 27, 2015
Can I buy you dinner? Pick any place. Any. You have too much sense!
sihom:
I think that money should go into a joint bank account created for the purpose of funding family/household projects - but I'm a single lady what do I know.

Three married women I know of have done this sort of thing on a regular basis, it led to their husbands becoming lazy and slacking off on responsibilities like paying school fees, house rent etcetera practically leaving those responsibilities to their wives to handle.

My only concern and fear is that your husband may go the way the men described above did. On the other hand another true life story of a married couple I know was different from the women above.

Tunde (not real name) was unemployed for seven years and all his attempts at business and finding a stable source of income wasn't yielding fruits. His wife (let's call her Kanwulia) on the other hand was gainfully employed and each time she received her salary she would give all of it to Tunde.

I figure she did this to honour Tunde as her husband and the head of the home. Tunde never took things for granted and always used the money wisely & prudently. No one ever knew the situation in that house for as long as it lasted not even their family & friends.

Today, Tunde & Kanwulia handle pre-marital counseling & classes at a certain church and they often share their story with intending couples.

You know your husband better than I do. Will he in the long run behave like Tunde or the other three husbands I mentioned?

A joint account thingy is what I would do in your shoes and since you earn more you can as well fund the account at a higher ratio than your husband with a caveat.

That caveat being that you are both signatories to the account and one person cannot withdraw funds without the knowledge & signature of the other. That way you are kept in the loop and aware of where your monies collectively as a couple is going to.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2015
I know of a woman who works but she never helps with anything in the family. The husband still pays for the house rent, school fees, nepa bill, clothing for the children and even herself.
later, my guy realized the wife was busy sending her money to her family. so he took this decision.
"You should never, not even on your death bed remove a penny from your salary without my consent. after six months, u will account for me how much u have earned!'
What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by victorazy(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2015
Otes26:
The truth is, as long as humans will always want to do things against the word of God, we should always be ready to bear the consequences. Women are not wired to help the men pay part of the bills in a marriage. That is totally the man's responsibility. Bible said the desire of the woman shall be upon the man. In order words, the woman is the responsibility of the man. Men don't begin to look for a woman to share your bills with if you want to be the head. This is a bitter truth. Men stand up to your responsibility.

What is the definition of helper?
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by ceecee0703(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2015
i wonder the kind of ladies we have these days no dis respect to any but come on women... if you dont have a job and your husband has and he doesnt service all ur needs and the family's then he is wicked and must be keeping a lady outside right?

Now let me ask did u guys leave ur parents to come togeda to leave separate?

The truth is if ur husband is well to do has great income then u can bring in money here and there becos thats also ur home.... if he is not working or his income is not good enough u have to make him look good cos he is ur glory jus like no man should let his wife look terrible and cash strapped cos she is your beauty.

Most ppl refuse to understand themselves in marriage....so tell me if a woman works and her husband wrks too yet she leaves him to cater for everything is she not 'jezebelic' or a man leaving the wife cater for everything wen he can contribute is he not 'demonic'.

I think married ppl should always ask is it his/her home or our home

#mypoint

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by erico2k2(m): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2015
TooNoisy:

If it is to pay part of the bills, then there is nothing wrong. If the husband can give the wife money, why can't the wife give her husband money?

Well I wish most women reason like this.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by ibadanfinest(m): 8:03am On Oct 27, 2015
its hypocrisy if you believe its wise for women to claim gender equality and think its madness for a lady to give part of her income to her hubby.

Its madness if women are asking for equal opportunity and not equal responsibility. If its normal for husband to give his wife part of his income, the it should be normal for the wife to even give more, shebi they say what a man can do, a woman can do better.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2015
MayorBusky:
I know of a woman who works but she never helps with anything in the family. The husband still pays for the house rent, school fees, nepa bill, clothing for the children and even herself.
later, my guy realized the wife was busy sending her money to her family. so he took this decision.
"You should never, not even on your death bed remove a penny from your salary without my consent. after six months, u will account for me how much u have earned!'
What do you think?

They are both wrong!

I don't understand it when women don't lift a finger to do anything to help with the family finances and the man is working like a jackass.
What is the point of a 40 year old man looking 55 and haggard due to stress and he drops down dead from a heart attack.

When do you even get to have fun and enjoy yourself together as a family when the man is out there 24/7 husltling.
2 heads they say is better than one. When the 2 of you put your heads & resources together things are much easier and quicker.

He was wrong for putting down an ultimatum. Its her salary at the end of the day and she has a right to spend it, what he should have done was to discuss the issue with her and advise her to save for a rainy day.
God forbid if anything happen to the man, will her family give her back all the money she gave them?
If she has extra she is better off putting it into a project as an investment for her kids.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by dearestaramide: 8:16am On Oct 27, 2015
Miami11:
If she is crazy znd deranged she gives out part of her cheque.

Gbam.Is he not a man? doesnt he know how to do business or struggle to meet up to financial demands?
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by fresherdanU: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2015
people will insult and abuse her and say hell no, I can't, but the truth is its no one's business what a woman does to keep her marriage working. the bible says a wise woman builds her home. proverbs 31 gave an explanatory description of a virtuous woman.
if she is giving her husband money to protect her image and her home, and it works well for her, fine. and if its not working she shld create another style.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by dearestaramide: 8:18am On Oct 27, 2015
TooNoisy:

Are you serious?you are in trouble.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Okies27(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
Janix2:
I need honest answers.
Notice this days that Women earn than men.
. She can. men go through alot . Long hours at work,come home tired and the next morning off again.Thank God for weekend EPL to relax with a bottle of beer. Well,that's what we are created for but if the man needs part of his wife pay,she should gladly oblige.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by dearestaramide: 8:19am On Oct 27, 2015
erico2k2:

Well I wish most women reason like this.

shut up there ! if you are expecting women to give men money then women might as well marry women,nonsense
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by dearestaramide: 8:22am On Oct 27, 2015
[quote author=Demigods post=39401215]

Point of correction, women don't generally earn more than men, it is just that 'hard working women' who studied well in school and graduated with good result have the opportunity to work in very good companies paying their staffs very well. You cant compare them to the men who were too lazy to study well in school to earn a good result like first class or second class upper and still are too lazy to strive hard to get a good job or do something lucrative with their lives! someone like me who believes in his self! can never! I repeat never ever have a woman earing more than I

Mba! good result has nothing to do with one earning higher.all a person needs is hardwork,opportunity,dedication and faith. i know of many 3rd class that are doing extremely well.thank you

you a low minded thinker.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by habayommy: 8:24am On Oct 27, 2015
I don't see anything bad in that

Today is my Birthday, show some love by "knacking" me with likes grin smiley. As a member of this great forum it is my right ooo grin cheesy grin grin cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by lizcom25: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2015
There is no straight rule about this, it depends on what work for both of you. My wife gives me all her salary once she collects it. But i just bless it and return it to her when i don't need it. When i need it, i let her know and she trust that i will use for the best of the family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Benefits Do Married Persons Enjoy Better Than Single People? / Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months / 17 Years Of Meeting My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.