Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction (34650 Views)

Buratai Dapper In Suit As Wike Hosts Colorful Banquet In Rivers / Osinbajo Leaves Ogoniland As Wike Shows APC Love - Photos / Wike Loses Bid To Stop Tribunal’s Sitting In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by tope777(m): 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
MadCow1:

Local Government Abreviation Headquarters

Abua/Odual Abolga Abua
Ahoada East Alga(East) Ahoada
Ahoada West Awelga Akinima
Akuku Toru Akulga Abonnema
Andoni Anolga Ngo
Asari Toru Asalga Buguma
Bonny Bolga Bonny
Degema Delga Degema
Emohua Emolga Emohua
Eleme Elga Nchia
Etche Etche Okehi
Gokana Golga Kpor
Ikwerre Kelga Isiokpo
Khana Khalga Bori
Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Onelga Omoku
Obio/Akpor Obalga Rumuodomaya
Ogu/Bolo Ogu/Bolo Ogu
Okrika Walga Okrika
Oyigbo Oyilga Afam
Opobo/Nkoro Olga Opobo
Port Harcourt Phalga Port Harcourt
Tai Talga Saakpenwa
Omuma Omulga Eberi

These are the local Governments in Port Harcourt.. The Highlighted are the sure votes Wike has because those LGAs are Ikwerre in a way.. The rest are up for grabs.

Wike does not share this sentiment of yours. If he did, he would have had no need to rig the elections the way they did in the first place.

Be guided accordingly

What most non-indigene and non-resident dont understand is the SENTIMENT in our(Rivers) politics. over time it is establish that we are electorally divided along riverine/upland and thus we vote along this sentimental, invisible line. Gov. Wike is an uplander-obio kpor and his deputy, Dr. Mrs Ipalibo Banigo is from riverine - kalabari married to bonny(a perfect blend for politics). while Dakuku and his deputy are both from riverine-opobo and andoni. Riv state has 23 lgas of which 8 is riverine(3 out of 8 is kalabari n 1 bonny) while 15 is upland. again base on long history of sentiment the upland which have about 2/3 of the voters WILL NEVER VOTE for a riverine but for their own. then here in d riverine, d people perceive amaechi as a big disgusting traitor and wil never support whatever he stands for. (in which 4 out of d 8 riverine is d home of d incumbent deputy gov.) one of d remaining 3riverin lga is okrika lga which has told apc not to campaign there. again all d hoa members ar pdp wit grasrot structure
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by damton(m): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
Banter1:
do you understand the term "Federal Might"? If you don't please ask.
Do you understand the term people's will, if you don't please ask Jonathan
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by Walexsammy(m): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
Singingbae:
Ok?

Pls someone tell me, where did Yobe Tribunal rule from?

I need answers
where will Abia state tribunal be ruling from?
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by favourlove1: 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
Demmocrats:
grin Lol

Wike is about to experience the full might of Abuja. grin

This is just the beginning.

Sai Buhari.
u haven't seen nothing yet. Were you expecting the court to be in favour of wike? Its obvious that d Apc is using the judiciary to get its needs met but not for long. No wonder buhari met with justices last month. Now we are witnessing the dividends n d fact that he also flooded the ministerial list with lawyers shows there is more coming. By d time APC is done with Nigeria we would wish we never voted for change

1 Like

Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by MadCow1: 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
tope777:

Be guided accordingly

What most non-indigene and non-resident dont understand is the SENTIMENT in our(Rivers) politics. over time it is establish that we are electorally divided along riverine/upland and thus we vote along this sentimental, invisible line. Gov. Wike is an uplander-obio kpor and his deputy, Dr. Mrs Ipalibo Banigo is from riverine - kalabari married to bonny(a perfect blend for politics). while Dakuku and his deputy are both from riverine-opobo and andoni. Riv state has 23 lgas of which 8 is riverine(3 out of 8 is kalabari n 1 bonny) while 15 is upland. again base on long history of sentiment the upland which have about 2/3 of the voters WILL NEVER VOTE for a riverine but for their own. then here in d riverine, d people perceive amaechi as a big disgusting traitor and wil never support whatever he stands for. (in which 4 out of d 8 riverine is d home of d incumbent deputy gov.) one of d remaining 3riverin lga is okrika lga which has told apc not to campaign there. again all d hoa members ar pdp wit grasrot structure

First of all, Dr. Ipalibo Banigo is inconsequential.. No disrespect to her person or her distinguished career intended. She is just as powerful as Amaechis deputy then Tele Ikuru.

Now I like the way you bunched your summation of the Upland and the Riverine communities.. However how many upland LGAs are Ikwerre?

I know for for that ONELGA will not be voting for the PDP after the violence that was wrecked on the otherwise calm and peaceful town by PDP goons backed by Felix Obuah. I know the Ogonis will not be behind an Ikwerre candidacy. Okrika is very massive and the votes will be split. Dames influence isn't as great there anymore, her powers have been taken away. Don't forget that even the militants in Okrika were bullied into supporting Wike by Dame.

Now you may wish to also understand that the mood before and after the Presidential elections are not the same. If the Okrikas and Kalabaris are happy with playing second string to the Ikwerres, then so be it but I strongly doubt that the sentiments are still the same. I know also that the current (assuming I am still current on this) President of the Ijaw National Council does not support Wike and should Tonye back Dakuku, that will definitely affect the Riverine votes greatly.

Also remember that 20 of the House of Assembly members have also been ousted by the Tribunal.

See, the tide is changing and changing fast. Tonye Princewill will be key in the re-run and I see him supporting Dakuku. The Ogonis are definitely swinging to APC. Omoku as well. Lets see what the Riverines will do. I doubt they will not jump on this opportunity to rule the state. Their beef with Amaechi stems from the demolition of Abonemma water front and his beef with Patience when he refused to pay compensation to build a school in Okrika. But when the Okrikas look at their community and see how Jonathan did nothing for them, I suspect they will swing. You cant fully assess the level of support for APC in Okrika because back then, militants sponsored from above disrupted all their rallies there. NOW!! Shiit will be a lot different.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by missKiffy(f): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Enesi47:
lol kashumu pupet
Nah you sabi
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by Walexsammy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
free2ryhme:
Please give me an example of one of the "good things happening in the country" Support your example with verifiable facts.
the way light dey dey now eeh, man no fit drink beer again, everytin jst dey block tongue grin
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by Forwetinnah: 4:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
...since they moved the election tribunal of Rivers and Akwa Ibom States to Abuja only to come up with a "timbotimbo" ruling; I hope the Re-run of those elections will be done in Abuja too...seeing that the Almajiris and some Amala/Ewedu choppers are so geared up to vote APC in those States. Make i dey laugh dey go

http://elombah.com/index.php/reports/1976-i-was-offered-bribe-threatened-removed-as-chairman-of-rivers-tribunal-justice-pindigi
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by FOREXMART(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nyesom Penalcap Scrotum Wike.
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by Goldencollins: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
warrior01:
Tonyebarcanista, ain't seen anything yet. By the time we are through with him, he will be begging to share a bed with Nnamdi Kanu in Dss jail

pls God give this warrior01 sense
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by pazienza(m): 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
godwinkessi:
See as Igbo and Yoruba people don fill the thread made for SS People. What's una business with Rivers? Ur mum, dad, grandparents nor even ur girlfriend is from rivers and u are here dictating how it will be! Rivers people are not stvpid like u igbos and Yorubas that run into any thread to display ur stvpid tribalistic nature. Useless people

Thunder fire your left yansh there! Are Oyigbo and Egbema people no longer Igbos indigenous to Rivers state.

You should be talking to Arewa-Oduanistans who are very far away from Rivers state and
have no indigenous group in Rivers state , not Ndiigbo,

1 Like

Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by mavinc4u(f): 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
As far as Nigerian is concerned, the power of votes does not lie on registered voters
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by banio: 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
People living in other states shouting violence. There was no violence any where in Rivers State. If there was how many politicians were molested or beaten. Even the public witnessed zero violence. Anyways Buhari is free to appoint a new governor for Rivers state, that's how we run our democracy
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by kosokoadeyemi: 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ok
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by Banter1(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
damton:
Do you understand the term people's will, if you don't please ask Jonathan
may GOD spared our lives.
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by Mungozutu: 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2015
APC will win in Rivers and Bayelsa. Let wailers junp into d well. They 'll all fail like GEJ d dullest President in Africa
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by cupidhero(m): 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
APC can't win Rivers state guber election if it is conducted free and fair. I hate lies. Anyone who has spent more than a year in any part of Rivers state should know this.
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by ricsman(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
cupidhero:
APC can't win Rivers state guber election if it is conducted free and fair. I hate lies. Anyone who has spent more than a year in any part of Rivers state should know this.
I was born breed in Rivers but I don't know that
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by ricsman(m): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
Mungozutu:
APC will win in Rivers and Bayelsa. Let wailers junp into d well. They 'll all fail like GEJ d dullest President in Africa
you can't tell if its free n fair upto 80%
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by spiralwedge(m): 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
Singingbae:
Ok?

Pls someone tell me, where did Yobe Tribunal rule from?
I need answers
In your backyard
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by spiralwedge(m): 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
noeloge82:
The north eastern tribunals has been sitting in d mist of boko Haram bombings even Jos sat in d mist of bombs and demostration yet no relocation note they are APC governors but Pdp governors states like Rivers , Akwa Ibom , taraba are security risks yet no boko haram bombings in the. Areas those it mean that d judisiary is Boko Haram or they are not afraid of boko Haram killings but they are afraid of pdp state bombs
He who wears cloth to bath should know himself

When referee give you red card for football match, go wail am this wailing wail shioor.
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by Oguieke(m): 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
tolexy007:
The wind of change blows in Rivers, Akwa ibom tribunal, but i dont no y the wind decided not to blow in Yobe tribunal ...
so the so called wind of change is only blowing in pdp states?
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by kenchylala: 8:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
MadCow1:

First of all, Dr. Ipalibo Banigo is inconsequential.. No disrespect to her person or her distinguished career intended. She is just as powerful as Amaechis deputy then Tele Ikuru.

Now I like the way you bunched your summation of the Upland and the Riverine communities.. However how many upland LGAs are Ikwerre?

I know for for that ONELGA will not be voting for the PDP after the violence that was wrecked on the otherwise calm and peaceful town by PDP goons backed by Felix Obuah. I know the Ogonis will not be behind an Ikwerre candidacy. Okrika is very massive and the votes will be split. Dames influence isn't as great there anymore, her powers have been taken away. Don't forget that even the militants in Okrika were bullied into supporting Wike by Dame.

Now you may wish to also understand that the mood before and after the Presidential elections are not the same. If the Okrikas and Kalabaris are happy with playing second string to the Ikwerres, then so be it but I strongly doubt that the sentiments are still the same. I know also that the current (assuming I am still current on this) President of the Ijaw National Council does not support Wike and should Tonye back Dakuku, that will definitely affect the Riverine votes greatly.

Also remember that 20 of the House of Assembly members have also been ousted by the Tribunal.

See, the tide is changing and changing fast. Tonye Princewill will be key in the re-run and I see him supporting Dakuku. The Ogonis are definitely swinging to APC. Omoku as well. Lets see what the Riverines will do. I doubt they will not jump on this opportunity to rule the state. Their beef with Amaechi stems from the demolition of Abonemma water front and his beef with Patience when he refused to pay compensation to build a school in Okrika. But when the Okrikas look at their community and see how Jonathan did nothing for them, I suspect they will swing. You cant fully assess the level of support for APC in Okrika because back then, militants sponsored from above disrupted all their rallies there. NOW!! Shiit will be a lot different.

Stories stories stories, na free MB cause am. Have u been to okirika, onne etc. Did u vote the last time? Do u have a voters card in the first place? Except dey Jega d election period. Leave Rivers
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by kenchylala: 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
Mungozutu:

Pls also add, he is the reason you are connected on naireland becos dere is Peace. You can open ur mouth n call ur elder dull, lost generation
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by chiefoo26(m): 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Why won't they?
They pay the piper, they call the tune and the short. Only that their time is short and running out.
true talk
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by Justinah4real(f): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2015
mebad:
D
Nwike save your money for your Children. Rivers state civil servants<13000> pple are only, interested in collecting huge Salarys,Amnesty, foreign scholarships. As soon as Nwike leaves Govt house, he will b blackmailed. Sell all Govt, assets and contest for minister.
Re: APC Hails Nigerian Supreme Court As Wike Loses Appeal On Jurisdiction by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
MadCow1:

Yeah.. Keep telling yourself that bullshit.

I remember this same time last year when you PDP Niggas were bragging all over that place and saying APC couldn't oust President Goodluck Jonathan. See how that ended up.

I will advise you to wear complete PPE becauce you are about to be taken on the ride of your life.

IKWERRE PEOPLE ALONE CANT WIN YOU AN ELECTION IN RIVERS STATE.. Rivers State is about to be liberated without one ounce of bloodshed.

Congratulation once more for the previleges that GEJ offered you to twist phrase on nairaland but there shall be an a revolution and redemption in the land of IGUOCHA.

You can still go ahead and code yourself with armoured because buhari will soon start to be harvesting what He sowed (boko haram) and as for River State just tighten your sit belt and watch out how chaffs will be separated from the green.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari To Go On Leave, Osibanjo To Serve As Acting President / Ghanaian Woman Compares Ghanaian & Nigerian Police, ACP Sogunle Replies Her / ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.