Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? (1821 Views)

Guys: Can You Start A Relationship With A Lady That Has Children? / I Feel Like Stabbing My Wife For Sleeping With Another Man / What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has Children Outside Wedlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Swissess(f): 6:50am On May 07, 2009
A friend of mine - very pretty and nice girl - has two children from a black man (she's German) and now fell in love with a Nigerian, living in Nigeria.
I don't know if they have any chance, what will the guy tell his parents? that his woman has already children?

what do you think?
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by justwise(m): 7:53am On May 07, 2009
Personally i will not but i have dated some single mums b4 which ended when the issue of marriage comes up.

In ur friend's case, her Nigerian bf may not give a dam about her previous relationship and kids untill everything is done and dusted, i mean they got married, paper issues sorted out then he may strick leaving ur friend heartbroken, BUT i may be talking rubbish here.

In another scenario, it may work out IF her Nigerian bf has been married b4, maybe age 40 and above, not interested in having more children.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Nobody: 8:54am On May 07, 2009
Personally, I would, yes.

I don't see the need of dating a single mom, if I have no intention of getting married to her.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Dondav(m): 9:30am On May 07, 2009
@topic
Hell no, just kidding;
it all depends on your hearth. Love can do anything, eventually everything.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Swissess(f): 9:41am On May 07, 2009
but it would be very obvious that your wife is 'second hand'.
or would you claim the kids to be ur own?
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by sistajay(f): 10:06am On May 07, 2009
Kai!! are there people like you still talkin dis kan talk. The man wants the woman, children or no children, its called love. Almost everybody is *second hand*
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Swissess(f): 10:11am On May 07, 2009
sista-jay, my husband married me although I had a child already. but I see that it's not all that easy for him to deal with that,
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by sistajay(f): 10:21am On May 07, 2009
Sorry o, my sista! I truly believe a man should accept me and my kid before goin into marriage, if not the child will be a constant reminder he is not the first to father your child. I admit not all men are into a ready made family.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by oyizami(f): 10:52am On May 07, 2009
sista-jay:

Sorry o, my sista! I truly believe a man should accept me and my kid before goin into marriage, if not the child will be a constant reminder he is not the first to father your child. I admit not all men are into a ready made family.

You spoke my mind,its as easy as that.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by spikedcylinder: 11:10am On May 07, 2009
sista-jay:

Almost everybody is *second hand*

Couldn't have said it better.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Ben13: 11:33am On May 07, 2009
Lol. *second handed everbody*
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by justwise(m): 12:06pm On May 07, 2009
Siena:

Personally, I would, yes.

I don't see the need of dating a single mom, if I have no intention of getting married to her.

Not all rela/ships ends/ shld in marriage.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by busibodi(f): 12:38pm On May 07, 2009
many things to look at:

how old are the two kids, how old is the woman, how old is the man.

there is nothing love cant do.

I suspect you are the person

people always come here asking on behalf of there 'friends'
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Swissess(f): 1:51pm On May 07, 2009
busi-bodi, as I said, I am married. I had the child before.
but my friend hast to kids. and she's in love with a very young guy without any kids.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by izeek(m): 2:03pm On May 07, 2009
its a diff call, but if u like her personally then the kids come along with the package.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by busibodi(f): 4:15pm On May 07, 2009
Swissess:

busi-bodi, as I said, I am married. I had the child before.
but my friend hast to kids. and she's in love with a very young guy without any kids.

ok, no offense. so your friend must be very old since you said:
very young guy without any kids.

hope she is not a pedofile.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by steve49ja(m): 5:09pm On May 07, 2009
Hell Nah cheesy
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Swissess(f): 8:57pm On May 07, 2009
izeek:

its a diff call, but if u like her personally then the kids come along with the package.
busi-bodi:

ok, no offense. so your friend must be very old since you said:
hope she is not a pedofile.

no, but after reading here that a guy is concerned about getting married to a girl that is a single year older than him, a difference of four, five years seems to be an eternety.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Czarskit(m): 9:10pm On May 07, 2009
~ It depends on a lot of tins ~
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Lax75(m): 9:13pm On May 07, 2009
I wouldnt. The kid's father will always take priority.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by opsydudu(m): 9:24pm On May 07, 2009
@post

No, not even if she has aborted before.

to be honest with you that guy is after his paper work, forget love. Wait until his paper issues is completed and see if he really do have that strong feeling he had when they dated. The guy is playing smart and trust the parents to accept her for who she is (even is she has grandchildren).

i am just curious why your friend has a liking for black thing.

wetin she dey find wey she no fit see for there
?

age and no of children are no barrier, carry on and the outcome will be waiting for you in future.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by mntpaul(m): 11:01pm On May 07, 2009
I would love a woman with children and I would love her children. My father married a woman with a child and his step son is my brother; I love him. I have two brothers that married women with children; they are my nephews and nieces; I love them. You can adopt a children and love them as your own as well.

If you can purchase a pet like a dog or a cat and love them. Can we not love a child from some other father?

I don't get how come people put so much emphasis on blood lines? I think this blood linage value must be some sort of social construct based off of Old English ideals.

Be a Warrior and do not allow these concepts of the mind get in the way of love.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by manoy(m): 11:13pm On May 07, 2009
There is nothing some Naija guys cant do! He has a target and once the target is achieved,U guys will know the stuff he is made of. Nigeria is not too easy for the guy,even if ur friend is 50 yrs the guy will be ready to marry her.

96% of naija guys dating oyinbo dey after paper.

Women with kids! Nah,

Shakes my cute ass,roll my eyeballs and zoom off shocked shocked shocked shocked

@Spikecylinder,dont know u are one of them oh(2nd hand),Great Ife grin grin grin
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 07, 2009
mntpaul, Na wah oh ! Una like 2nd hand for una family oh !
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by ChuckBass1(m): 2:27am On May 08, 2009
Iyama lipsrsealed

Why should i dream of that, talkless of marrying an expired cargo habouring excess baggages from a failed relationship? Not in this life or the next would i contemplate getting romantically close to one. Its their headache for having excess baggages. Single moms should remain single moms. At best, a guy should be pumping and servicing them once a week but never should a man think of adding such a person into the family way and accepting kids that arent his except he is a single dad too and they can all have on big f***king happy family of rug rats from different men and women. But as a Single man, keep those crocked lot to themselves while you fish around for single women with no excess baggage to marry.

Na me do them?
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by sosisi(f): 2:30am On May 08, 2009
Many little boys on this forum.
So a woman becomes an expired cargo because she has kids?
What a childish thing to say.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by ChuckBass1(m): 2:46am On May 08, 2009
$osisi:

Many little boys on this forum.
So a woman becomes an expired cargo because she has kids?
What a childish thing to say.

Yes she has. If she wasnt expired, she would have been the flavour of the month competiting with other single sexy chicks for a man to marry her, but marrying someone who has already breast fed Men and babies a million times, is definately not something a single man should aspire towards. Rather he should concentrate on starting afresh with a fresh, clean, unadultrated, pure and definately child free and not lactating Chick to marry. The major adavantage of not having excess baggages in terms of kids (Probably f**king ugly dense imbecilic kids i might add) is that you dont have to worry about the problems they inherited from their previous relationships.

They can go hungry, starve and jump into the lake for all i care, i am more concerned about Men dating single girls who havent visited the labour room before and are now stranded looking for someone to dump all their BUKATA ontop!

They should have Thought about that when their ex hubby was screwing their brains out to produce a bang baby that is now either a bastard or searching for someone to call daddy again!
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by FLGators1: 3:02am On May 08, 2009
"Children"? hmmm
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by sosisi(f): 3:04am On May 08, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

Yes she has. If she wasnt expired, she would have been the flavour of the month competiting with other single sexy chicks for a man to marry her, but marrying someone who has already breast fed Men and babies a million times, is definately not something a single man should aspire towards. Rather he should concentrate on starting afresh with a fresh, clean, unadultrated, pure and definately child free and not lactating Chick to marry. The major adavantage of not having excess baggages in terms of kids (Probably f**king ugly dense imbecilic kids i might add) is that you dont have to worry about the problems they inherited from their previous relationships.

They can go hungry, starve and jump into the lake for all i care, i am more concerned about Men dating single girls who havent visited the labour room before and are now stranded looking for someone to dump all their BUKATA ontop!

They should have Thought about that when their ex hubby was screwing their brains out to produce a bang baby that is now either a bastard or searching for someone to call daddy again!

I don't blame you
Immaturity is your problem
when you become a man you'll realise that the fact that a woman has no children,does not make her a saint.
You may not know the countless abortions that have eroded her uterus
You may never even know if she's lost one or both fallopian tubes to ectopic pregnancies rendering her unable to conceive
You will be a man someday,hopefully.
You do sound "imbecilic" BTW,hopefully you won't give birth to someone just like you.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by mntpaul(m): 3:05am On May 08, 2009
@@ Chuck BA$$  RE: a family of Rug Rats

Do you mean a family of Rug Rats like this guy:

Family: Barack Obama was born to a Kenyan father and a white American mother. His father, Barack Obama Sr., married his mother, Ann Dunham, while studying at the University of Hawaii. The couple separated two years after Obama was born. His father ultimately returned to Kenya, where he became a noted economist. He died in a car accident in 1982.

Obama's mother's second marriage was to an Indonesian man named Lolo Soetoro. The family moved to Indonesia and Obama remained there until he was 10 when he moved back to Hawaii and lived with his grandparents while studying on a scholarship at the elite Punahou Academy.

God bless this Indonesian man,  Maybe a white man can do better?  I hope your representing all black men, because we will be in trouble.
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by sosisi(f): 3:07am On May 08, 2009
mntpaul:

I would love a woman with children and I would love her children. My father married a woman with a child and his step son is my brother; I love him. I have two brothers that married women with children; they are my nephews and nieces; I love them. You can adopt a children and love them as your own as well.

If you can purchase a pet like a dog or a cat and love them. Can we not love a child from some other father?

I don't get how come people put so much emphasis on blood lines? I think this blood linage value must be some sort of social construct based off of Old English ideals.

Be a Warrior and do not allow these concepts of the mind get in the way of love.

May your lineage live and prosper forever.
A good woman is a good woman with or without children
You've spoken like a man
Re: Would You Get Married To A Girl Who Has Children From Another Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:49am On May 08, 2009
Its interesting that when it comes to a man marrying a woman who already has a kid(s) from someone else, then there is a comma or hesitation. . .but when its reversed its expected that the woman should have no issues whatsover marrying a man who already has a kid(s) with some other woman? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Show Of Shame In Nollywood: / She Asked For A Permission To Kiss Me: / What Tribe Makes The Best Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.