Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,906 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts (49653 Views)

How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2015
geebehn:
well done Op.
I never knew that one can actually make use of kerosene during exposure/transfer process because I always make use of coconut oil.
Well, for the amount you can charge per t shirt, I belief my bosses have answered that but I'll also like to add this, the amount you charge as well depends on the type of paint you use. Example, we have opique paint, seritex etc. Opique lasts longer on your material even after several washes than seritex and of course more expensive.
Lastly, Retarder/ thinner is another material u must get, you know just to wash your mesh after printing.
Nice one Op.
Thank you. You see..! All of us are still learning new things everyday. I never knew one can use coconut oil too.

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
onismate:
Hmmmm... it's a pity I don't recite in Onitsha Area for now. But unless if you want the internship to be carried out online!!

hands on practical experience is the best...
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by kflex0: 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
great job ...God bless u plenty
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by meetvalue(m): 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
cowleg:

hands on practical experience is the best...
search for Chizin , he will help you on that.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by meetvalue(m): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hello OP, we are still waiting for you ooo
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
meetvalue:
Hello OP, we are still waiting for you ooo
Digital tutorial starts by Sunday. now is just for questions on screen printing
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Mathias2015(m): 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
Pls can you still throw more light on the last stage, ie the T-shirt itself and pictures. The stages frm the beginnig are well noted but coming to that of the T-shirt itself is a little beat confuse to me as a novice.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 12:45am On Nov 07, 2015
Mathias2015:
Pls can you still throw more light on the last stage, ie the T-shirt itself and pictures. The stages frm the beginnig are well noted but coming to that of the T-shirt itself is a little beat confuse to me as a novice.
You didn't really state were its confusing about T-SHIRTS . I can't just start from beginning to the end again.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by alaricsaltzman: 10:27am On Nov 07, 2015
Hmmmm... I'm interested in this business. Since I'm a graphic designer, I'll like to start making designs and printing on shirts i'll wear. From there I can go into the business. Is there anyone in lag that can offer practical experience or anyone willing to join me so we can learn and work together?

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by alaricsaltzman: 10:48am On Nov 07, 2015
onismate:
You didn't really state were its confusing about T-SHIRTS . I can't just start from beginning to the end again.
I also got confused... The part where you test it with a paper and then on the cloth
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 11:53am On Nov 07, 2015
alaricsaltzman:

I also got confused... The part where you test it with a paper and then on the cloth
It is just testing. Take for instance if a company is launching a product, they don't just send it to the market, they make it available for close family and friends to use first just to get feed back. The same thing applies here that I use paper to test first.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Lovelynature(m): 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2015
This is great
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by etcme(m): 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
You guys are doing a nice work here. I knw of a guy who trained himself in school with this biz and the interesting part of it is that he doesnt have a shop of his own. There are many of them in Ariaria market Aba
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Mathias2015(m): 11:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
Op, what i mean is that show us how to use the t-shirt directly on the mesh, do it with pictures. As you do the paper test with pictures.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by alaricsaltzman: 1:03am On Nov 08, 2015
onismate:
It is just testing. Take for instance if a company is launching a product, they don't just send it to the market, they make it available for close family and friends to use first just to get feed back. The same thing applies here that I use paper to test first.
I know bro. How you did the testing is the question. It looked confusing
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 2:56am On Nov 08, 2015
alaricsaltzman:

I know bro. How you did the testing is the question. It looked confusing
.. OK. you just put the white paper under the mesh and circulate your paint. Then lift the mesh up and you will realise you have printed on the paper.

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 3:01am On Nov 08, 2015
Mathias2015:
Op, what i mean is that show us how to use the t-shirt directly on the mesh, do it with pictures. As you do the paper test with pictures.
photo below...

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 3:07am On Nov 08, 2015
Now we go into Digital (Heat transfer) printing..

DIGITAL PRINTING
I love this type of printing so much. It is used because it deals mostly on clear images. Though quit expensive more than the screen printing.

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by meetvalue(m): 5:29am On Nov 08, 2015
onismate:

DIGITAL PRINTING
I love this type of printing so much. It is used because it deals mostly on clear images. Though quit expensive more than the screen printing.
Ok. We are waiting for your tutorial sir...
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Babs612000(m): 7:27am On Nov 08, 2015
onismate:

DIGITAL PRINTING
Thanks on this Digital printing please kindly list all the materials that you are going to use during this topic including their pictures,l noticed that we in Nigeria always cut corners in most of our work by not achieving the best quality of final product.
I bought some of heat transfer machines two years ago but on getting to Nigeria the special ink use on the printer is not be use in Nigeria and l l've been to shomolu,mushin where is the home of printers in Lagos l can not find the ink l wonder how long the ink on inkjet printer used in Nigeria will last on printed materials like cups,T-Shirt,pens,caps etc.
I just packed the whole machines back into the box since that time hope to sale them since l am not sure how long the printing will last.
I will never produce any bad printing to customers.

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by 2ndking: 8:28am On Nov 08, 2015
Following
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by alaricsaltzman: 10:27am On Nov 08, 2015
onismate:
.. OK. you just put the white paper under the mesh and circulate your paint. Then lift the mesh up and you will realise you have printed on the paper.
Ok... Thanks. Will try something and get back to you
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Lordtrillion(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2015
Babs612000:
Thanks on this Digital printing please kindly list all the materials that you are going to use during this topic including their pictures,l noticed that we in Nigeria always cut corners in most of our work by not achieving the best quality of final product.
I bought some of heat transfer machines two years ago but on getting to Nigeria the special ink use on the printer is not be use in Nigeria and l l've been to shomolu,mushin where is the home of printers in Lagos l can not find the ink l wonder how long the ink on inkjet printer used in Nigeria will last on printed materials like cups,T-Shirt,pens,caps etc.
I just packed the whole machines back into the box since that time hope to sale them since l am not sure how long the printing will last.

Pls where did you buy the heat transfer machine in Nigeria & what's the cost? The price I'm seeing in some of our Naija online stores is way too costly (#180k upwards) & importing it seems to be the only way out since its far cheaper
As for the Ink you talked about, I think pigment ink or sublimation ink and a good heat transfer paper works best from what I've researched online but they will also increase your production cost if not bought in bulk "Quality over Quantity".
You can source for a good supplier in China/US on alibaba, Ebay, etc that you can buy & import the ink from from since you can't find it in lagos.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Babs612000(m): 11:01am On Nov 08, 2015
Lordtrillion:

Pls where did you buy the heat transfer machine in Nigeria & what's the cost? The price I'm seeing in some of our Naija online stores is way too costly (#180k upwards) & importing it seems to be the only way out since its far cheaper
As for the Ink you talked about, I think pigment ink or sublimation ink and a good heat transfer paper works best from what I've researched online but they will also increase your production cost if not bought in bulk "Quality over Quantity".
You can source for a good supplier in China/US on alibaba, Ebay, etc that you can buy & import the ink from from since you can't find it in lagos.
Yea l bought it in London UK l think the total cost including shipment is about #150k at that time and cost #250k here in Nigeria.
I also bought 150 A4 sheets of heat transfer papers as well and on the ink they normally use is sublimation ink which is not in Nigeria l think it is because it very expensive that is why they don't use it in Nigeria.
If you need one let me know we are all brothers keeper and that is what nairaland is for .

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Maximus85(m): 11:05am On Nov 08, 2015
onismate:
Tutorial continues.....

After using your hand dryer to dry the surface were the content was spread.(Dry it front and back). After it must have dried, take your printed art work, turn it upside down and place it on top of your dried mixture on the mesh. After that, add kerosene on top of the paper on the mesh. Make sure you spread the kerosene very well so it would circulate and saturate the paper... photo below..

Groundnut oil and a little kerosene will work.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Maximus85(m): 11:08am On Nov 08, 2015
onismate:
WWW.hovabuzz.com

After the washing and our texts has appeared well on the mesh, the below photo is how it would look like as you leave the mesh to dry....

The mesh coating you did is not strong enough. That's why that "a" washed off and you had to adjust it. You should coat like twice in a dark environment for better result.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 11:27am On Nov 08, 2015
Babs612000:
Don't worry, will list the items we will use.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Babs612000(m): 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
onismate:
Don't worry, will list the items we will use.
Okay thanks.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Mathias2015(m): 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
Instructor, i'm already sitted with my pen and notebook, with a chill bottle water beside me. Pls come to classroom beko!
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 9:45am On Nov 09, 2015
Sorry friends and fans, there is a mobile network problem problem at my end here so I couldn't upload photos. so please bear with me for a couple of hours for the network to be sustained. Tutorial continues shortly.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by alaricsaltzman: 11:05am On Nov 09, 2015
Maximus85:

The mesh coating you did is not strong enough. That's why that "a" washed off and you had to adjust it. You should coat like twice in a dark environment for better result.
Bro... You in lag? I for like learn small work for your side oo
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Maximus85(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2015
alaricsaltzman:

Bro... You in lag? I for like learn small work for your side oo

I don't do screen anymore I'm just giving you tips.

Plus, you don't coat your mesh with a skeegee, get something like a used atm card or a plastic id card to coat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dangote Reacts To Criticisms On Border Closure Exemption, Hammers Bloomberg / Enyimba Automated Shoe Company Aba, Updates (Photos) / My Bad Experience With Fairmoney Loan (must Read), Learn From This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.