Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts (49499 Views)

How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
Hi everyone, life is a journey and we have to take what it's offering or we change how we see it. In Nigeria today, there are many undergraduates that are unemployed. The Government has said it that they can't provide jobs for everyone, so entrepreneur is the future. As a Nigerian, you have to create your own economy, venture into entrepreneurial programs. That is why I want to teach us, introduce us on this business, Printing of texts, images and words on T-shirts. Some people refer to it as customising on t-shirts.
Printing on t-shirts is pretty a good and lucrative business that can get you a car within a year as a sole owner if you are serious in the business. Please permit me because this tutorial will come inform of story. And you will definitely enjoy it. I am a writer and a blogger so am combining my skills on this tutorial and as time goes on, you ask me questions and I will you answers.
just like I said, printing on t-shirts is a great job. I have seen most ladies learning and going into the business, though I tell people its a big man business. Though it doesn't require you having huge amount of money before starting it. You just need just little money to start the business. The ladies I saw learning the skill and going into it inspired me to learn it with zeal. You need to see clean, and beautiful babes going into it and are doing fine. It made me think I can do better. I learnt it and an doing the job. I know a man that all his children after graduating from university, they would come back to their dad's company because he has t-shirt printing company. And the children are driving cars and running their father's business well. so I encourage us to put in our best as I go into this tutorial. As your questions and I will answer.
Tutorials being in a short while..

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
ok . on the front seat

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by PrinceRey(m): 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
Following
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by SFSNIPER(m): 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
My brother thank you for this thread, I'm gallantly following. WhatsApp: 08080330000 E-mail: lordbaruka@gmail.com

Thanks!
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Bellamakeovers(f): 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
I have always had a thing for printing on shirts .., pls give free tutorials o
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 11:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
HOW I STARTED THE T-SHIRTS PRINTING BUSINESS

By the month of April this year 2015, it was all dawned on me that I won't be following the Batch A for my NYSC. I was so pained that I wasn't going for my NYSC that moment. Well, I encouraged myself and went to Asaba to spend some time with my parents. Staying there, sleeping and waking up, eating good food, I wasn't satisfied. I needed to do something, I needed to work and earn money. As a graduate, na my mama dey still dey give me N100 to buy recharge card. I needed money to be renewing my data subscriptions. I browse a lot. I no wan dey idle so I gata work. i decided to look for a job to do. My mom even encouraged me to look for a job pending when I will go with the next batch for my NYSC. But there are no reasonable jobs, only jobs that they were paying N5k or N10k per month. I thought I won't do that kind of job. Because I was yet to undergo my NYSC, so the jobs avalaible are not well paying jobs.
I searched till I found a place. It was quit big. They are a video and photo editing, media and event company. I applied and met with the Oga at the top who is also the owner of the company. He said that when they employ me, they would train me on the use of Adobe photo shop application. immediately I heard that he said they will train me, I was so happy because I have always wanted to learn Adobe photo shop and that was the right time for me. And dem go teach me for free and come start to work with them. The Oga said it was a norm that their new employees, they always teach them how to make use of their applications before integrating them to work. But the bombshell was when he said that when I start up work, work opens 8am from Monday till Saturday and they don't have a specific closing hour. they might close 7pm depending on how work comes. Chaiii na so I think am and the salary was a bit good, N20k pee month . But something was telling me that that kind of job would strip me off my social life. I work from Monday till Saturday, go in the morning and return at night in the midst of security threats in the area. The Oga sef talk say when I start work, if I come to work a minute after 8am, he won't condole it because I came late. All because of N20k per month. After everything, he said I should think about it and get back to him. I left the place unhappy. As i waa returning back home, i saw another advert that a cpmputer operator is needes at a place close to my home. i went into the place. Gush i hated doing printing and photocopy jobs because that is what they want. But i managed to enter there and met the man. He said that he was looking for someone that will the doing photocopy and printing at that his business center. And he said he was adding t-shirt printing to it. He said he bought the machine ans printer the previous year. They had come to teach him and his former worker who left, but they were unable to grab something from the tutorials and the worker had left. He said the people came to teach again on how to use the machine but due to his age, he couldn't pick much from it. he said he believes young people like us are fast in learning , that if I start working, he will call people that will teach me so I will learn it and start doing the job. He said he would be paying me N8k monthly. Chaiii, na so my face change. and na 8 to 6 job ooo. 8k keh. I told him I will think about it and left the place..

To be continued.........

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by barnabas91: 6:07am On Oct 29, 2015
Hmm! I like this. Pls go on
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2015
Good morning every one, Please I need your comments. This one wey some people dey read and dem no comment, your comments will go a long way to encourage me and all least I see say people dey follow.
update coming shortly
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by PrinceRey(m): 11:32am On Oct 29, 2015
Following
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
story and tutorial continues.....
when I left the man's office, I was so devastated. I wanted a reasonable pay but the one that offered that had many disadvantages. Even when I told my mom, she objected to the first job. She rather advised me to go for the one that is 8k. But my ego was much. I looked at myself, for some one who had worked for Google and also written mind blowing articles for mobile brand company, Tecno. So I was just imagining how I will be a photocopy boy, doing photocopy and printing of documents. chaiiiiiii, "a whole me" I was thinking to myself. Me wey be say dem dey even pay me weekly back in my final year as I dey work for people as writer, blogger and web builder. na me wan come to scramble for 8k monthly pay job. I was considering taking up the first job but not until I visited my cousin who is a photographer and normally goes to the first company to edit his work and print them out. He and his girlfriend said that the editing and media company, there was a day when he was coming from a work and the company was still open at about 9pm. chaiii, so na I go dey come back by 10pm if i start the work 6 days a week.
I called my sister and she said I should pray about it. I thought about it, I remembered what the owner of the second job of business center told me. And he was frustrated because he had spent money getting the materials for the printing but was yet to see someone he believes that once they are thought will grab it and start the work in the place.
I encouraged myself and called the owner of the business center. I told him that I have decided to work for him. I had to humble myself after thinking about it. I felt that it would be a big opportunity for me. in fact I wasn't going to learn it with money. This one he said he would invite people that will teach. I had heard that there are packages in the t-shirt and one man who does the job not too far from our business center, he charges people up to 100k to teach people. Na Im dem just wan teach me for free. chaiii "this is an opportunity for you" something said to me. So I will be doing the photocopy, printing and typing documents and printing on T-shirt .
and I started working in the business center and my Oga informed the man that will teach us the manual method (screen printing) of printing. He told the person that he had gotten a new worker which is me. My Oga said that the man that will teach us screen printing is his church member he had agreed to come and teach us...
To be continued.... ..

5 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
Thank God say class never full...I dey front seat jare.- beg who get 2 biro grin

4 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
my Oga finally invited the man that would teach us screen printing. Come see the jeep wey the man carry come our center. And I asked my Oga if it was really the the t-shirt printing business that is giving him the money to buy that kind of car and my Oga said "yes ooo" . And he was only into screen printing, no digital.
He was an elderly man of about 60 years but still strong. He thought us well even though my Oga couldn't still pick up much. But I was able to. My Oga invited a guy from Onitsha who thought us on how to do the digital printing. After that, I began practising till I was so good and began doing the job so well. It gave us popularity in the area.. Here are couple of my works

3 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 6:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
The next class we are going to start the tutorial fully..
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by CaptPlanet(m): 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
onismate:
The next class we are going to start the tutorial fully..

OP come and finish this tutorial/story

*soaks garri and groundnut with salt*
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by permanentgrace(m): 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Thank God i still come early enough to take front seat.
Op, i siddon full ground.
Believe me i will have a thousand and one question for you.
Let's ride on pls.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by permanentgrace(m): 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Thank God i still come early enough to take front seat.
Op, i siddon full ground.
Believe me i will have a thousand and one question for you.
Let's ride on pls.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by 2ndking: 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
Even if una don occupy front seat, I still dey 2nd roll

Thanks op
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by AbuMikey(m): 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
No Knowledge is wasted

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
Printing on T-shirts involves two types, theDIGITAL PRINTINGandSCREEN PRINTING.For me I often times refer to the screen printing as “manual or analogue” method and digital “Heat transfer”. The digital method is quite expensive to start up. Printing using digital method is also more expensive that screen printing because of the materials involves and the colourful results it would yield.SCREEN PRINTINGYou have the clothes you want to print on.Materials needed are: Mesh, squeegee(I don’t know if am right with the spelling), sensitizer, kerosene, hand dryer, emulsion,textile screen printing ink, jik (washing off inks) and Art work. Your art work is what you printed out from the system.

WWW.hovabuzz.com ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
. materials for the work

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Juliana7: 10:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
@op, nice one. I am following ur thread with rapt attention.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by geebehn(m): 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
I can also do the screen printing very well, I guess its time for me to wake up.
following you.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by LOUIS6(m): 11:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
God bless OP... I dey follow u sharpally
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 1:17am On Oct 30, 2015
PROCEDURES FOR SCREEN PRINTING..

Procedures:Design your art work in your computer and print it out. Pleasenotethat screen printing doesn’t require much designs and colours because for one to have a successful transfer print, the art work must be printed in black(thick, black colour). screen printing works best with letters, alphabets and numbers while digital is best for images. And you don’t need to be a pro in corel draw for you to work well in screen printing. Screen printing doesn’t allow coloured prints, if not it will not transfer.1.Take for instance, mama Ngbaku died and her children has given us the contract to print a farewell note on t-shirts that will be shared among their family. After designing or writing the text with my corel draw. I wrote “Farewell Mama.” Then I printit out with A4 paper.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 1:19am On Oct 30, 2015
printing out the artwork.... for this tutorial, I will be using two artwork.. WWW.hovabuzz.com

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by permanentgrace(m): 4:58am On Oct 30, 2015
Nice one. Still following. When it's time to ask questions, let me know so i can begin to pump out million of questions reserved for you.

This is humanitarian services. You are a philantropist.

3 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Chizin(m): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2015
Thumbs up guy. Infacts, I have been into this business for the past 6 years now. I can boldly say that this business is a bomb in terms of money making. Last two years I had practical tutorials to some guys here http://www.artsandprint..com which they are still happy till now. Nice work though.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by jendor123: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2015
great work bro
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by 2ndking: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2015
Thumbs up bro. Am motivated
How can I access the materials

Don't know if it's the right time to ask though
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by living2013(m): 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2015
Niz
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
2ndking:
Thumbs up bro. Am motivated

How can I access the materials

Don't know if it's the right time to ask though
The materials are easy to access. Just work up to any shop they sell them. You can get jik any were..

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by permanentgrace(m): 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
onismate:
The materials are easy to access. Just work up to any shop they sell them. You can get jik any were..

Oga, we are still waiting for update. And pls tell us the cost requirement on what it takes to start up the business...the cost of acquiring the machines/materials, the technical know how and the rest of the things that may involve starting the business. Thanks.

However, I still have volume of questions for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate As At 1983 (Pictured) / Cost Of Setting Up A Block Industry / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.