Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts (49595 Views)

How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / Cocoa Production In Nigeria: How To Start The Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by geebehn(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
geebehn:

Just go back and read through Onismate's post for the process involved in the digital printing. Now once you get to the stage where you'll transfer ur image onto the shirts, you now make use of ur pressing iron instead of the heat transfer machine.
Before Ironing, Make sure you cover your already designed heat transfer paper with a Silicon paper so as to prevent the ink from your heat transfer paper from jumping onto your iron. You know it can spoil your iron and aswell as ur design.

Make sure you add pressure while doing the ironing o.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by geebehn(m): 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
onismate:
Thank you very much for the answer
U welcome bro
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by klexycole(m): 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
geebehn:

Just go back and read through Onismate's post for the process involved in the digital printing. Now once you get to the stage where you'll transfer ur image onto the shirts, you now make use of ur pressing iron instead of the heat transfer machine.
Before Ironing, Make sure you cover your already designed heat transfer paper with a Silicon paper so as to prevent the ink from your heat transfer paper from jumping onto your iron. You know it can spoil your iron and aswell as ur design.
In Addition, Before Pressing The Design, Make Sure You Place A Glass Or Plywood Inside The Cloth Underneath The Design Before Pressing To Avoid The Ink Reflecting On The Cloth On Other Side.However,After Doing This,Place The Silicone Paper On The Design,Dab The Iron On The Silicone Paper And Not Rub It Like Ironing A Cloth.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by geebehn(m): 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
klexycole:
In Addition, Before Pressing The Design, Make Sure You Place A Glass Or Plywood Inside The Cloth Underneath The Design Before Pressing To Avoid The Ink Reflecting On The Cloth On Other Side.However,After Doing This,Place The Silicone Paper On The Design,Dab The Iron On The Silicone Paper And Not Rub It Like Ironing A Cloth.

See bro, if you dab iron on the paper, your finished work might not last because you have to distribute heat evenly at all parts of your designed paper. Therefore I still advice you do the proper ironing o and add enough pressure. Besides, the ink is not gonna penetrate because your heat transfer paper is facing up.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 3:45am On Nov 14, 2015
It seems we have too many teachers in this class. Abeg make sure una no scatter my students head ooo. I own this class. Every one might have their style of doing their own work which works for them but how many will last longer !

3 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by greens(m): 7:21am On Nov 14, 2015
You have 6 pics on the a4 paper. Are you using new pics for each t-shirt?
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by klexycole(m): 8:23am On Nov 14, 2015
geebehn:

See bro, if you dab iron on the paper, your finished work might not last because you have to distribute heat evenly at all parts of your designed paper. Therefore I still advice you do the proper ironing o and add enough pressure. Besides, the ink is not gonna penetrate because your heat transfer paper is facing up.
All Inks Are Not The Same,Some Inks Will Penetrate If You Heat Them.However, Doing Proper Ironing On Some Inks Can Make Your Design Looks Disgusting Too.For Example,If You Use A Plastisol Ink On A Flexible Material,Pressing Without Putting Something Underneath Will Make It Penetrate.The Type Of Material You're Using Also Matters.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by klexycole(m): 8:25am On Nov 14, 2015
geebehn:

Boss I'm Sorry Oo.
I Was Just Making Some Additions...
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 11:00am On Nov 14, 2015
greens:
You have 6 pics on the a4 paper. Are you using new pics for each t-shirt?
in that page paper, there are 6 pictures in that paper so you cut the pictures into the 6 image sizes
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by geebehn(m): 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
klexycole:
All Inks Are Not The Same,Some Inks Will Penetrate If You Heat Them.However, Doing Proper Ironing On Some Inks Can Make Your Design Looks Disgusting Too.For Example,If You Use A Plastisol Ink On A Flexible Material,Pressing Without Putting Something Underneath Will Make It Penetrate.The Type Of Material You're Using Also Matters.

klexycole:
Boss I'm Sorry Oo.
I Was Just Making Some Additions...

No P baba. I understand you.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by geebehn(m): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
onismate:
It seems we have too many teachers in this class. Abeg make sure una no scatter my students head ooo. I own this class. Every one might have their style of doing their own work which works for them but how many will last longer !
Lol! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by 2ndking: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
onismate:
in that page paper, there are 6 pictures in that paper so you cut the pictures into the 6 image sizes

Will you use each image for a t-shirt?
As in, if you have to print on 50 t-shirt, you will have to produce 50 images as well?
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by emmafizzy(m): 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
2ndking:

As in, if you have to print on 50 t-shirt, you will have to produce 50 images as well?
please as a beginner,I will be glad if you can share some marketing tips to attract clients.Thanks.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
2ndking:

yes but for the pocket size you are printing is 6 pages and splitting it.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by 2ndking: 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
onismate:

Alright
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by LOUIS6(m): 5:12am On Nov 15, 2015
emmafizzy:
please as a beginner,I will be glad if you can share some marketing tips to attract clients.Thanks.

Cc : Onismate
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by greens(m): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2015
onismate:
if we are printing 50 t-shirts, 6pages of 6 images on each will make only 36 images. So this will not be enough to print 50 t-shirts.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 11:17am On Nov 15, 2015
greens:
if we are printing 50 t-shirts, 6pages of 6 images on each will make only 36 images. So this will not be enough to print 50 t-shirts.
Thank you .. you are right. This NYSC orientation camp wey I still dey, doing many things in a rush. well, 9 pages will cover all.
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 11:29am On Nov 15, 2015
LOUIS6:

Cc : Onismate
Well marketing is a great deal. Let me give you a great tip. People will customize shirts this period more than any other because we are in the season. You get more clients this period. I could remember when my former boss hired me with the little pay. As a graduate i was so different with the way i think, turning things around with great marketing strategies. so I will advise you as a beginner, this period is an opportunity for you to shoot up. Buy as many T-SHIRTS as you can and print on them, say "MERRY CHRISTMAS' with colourful designs. Then give the T-shirts to family and friends as gift . I bet you, you are having customers and telling them that you do that kind of business.
so many companies and schools print their emblem, logos on T-Shirts, print their logos and give it as Christmas gift to them. All of them are business strategies. if you want me to help you market it online which am also into online marketing, I go charge you small money oo lolz

2 Likes

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Yinkash100(m): 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
teacher Onismate, i've almost completed ma homework. Got all d materials for less tham three k. With ma sister's drier

1 Like

Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
Yinkash100:
teacher Onismate, i've almost completed ma homework. Got all d materials for less tham three k. With ma sister's drier
. hmmmmmm... congrats man .. Best of luck
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Yinkash100(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2015
first attempt not successfull. D artwork didn't transfer to d mesh, nd d mesh didn't clean with water
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2015
Yinkash100:
first attempt not successfull. D artwork didn't transfer to d mesh, nd d mesh didn't clean with water
You clean with jik and water. first pour the jik and spread it around the mesh area and put lite poly nylon on it. leave it like 5 to 10 mins then wash off with water. you said your artwork didn't transfer, how did you do it? how many minutes/seconds did you leave it to transfer in the sun?
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Yinkash100(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2015
i left it for about 20 mins. It was in d evening nd d sun was not so high
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Yinkash100(m): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2015
i think maybe d mesh have dried up dats why d artwork did'nt transfer
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 10:06am On Nov 18, 2015
Yinkash100:
i think maybe d mesh have dried up dats why d artwork did'nt transfer
well keep trying and you will get it right
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 10:07am On Nov 18, 2015
Yinkash100:
i left it for about 20 mins. It was in d evening nd d sun was not so high
20 minutes hmmmmmmmn. try it again during the day and leave it in the sun for 12 seconds
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Yinkash100(m): 11:24am On Nov 18, 2015
what ratio will i mix d sensitizer nd d elmusion. Both has no directions atall
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by onismate: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
Yinkash100:
what ratio will i mix d sensitizer nd d elmusion. Both has no directions atall
hmmmm.. let me use a coca cola bottle as example. 5 cover bottles of emulsion to 2 cover bottles of sensitizer
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by Yinkash100(m): 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
Thanks I'll retry tomorrow
Re: Tutorial : how To Start The Business Of Printing On T-shirts by geebehn(m): 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
Yinkash100:
Thanks I'll retry tomorrow
Hope you coated your mesh inside a dark room? Its very important.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Business Can A Lady Start With 200k / Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) / Dangote Reacts To Criticisms On Border Closure Exemption, Hammers Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.