Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari (23796 Views)

Resign If You’re Not Strong Enough, Bishops, Others Tell Buhari / Buhari’s CSO Expels Punch Reporter From Aso Villa Over Ill-Health Story / You Can’t Use And Dump Us – APC Youths Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
switesthart:
What economy is collapsing? When you analyse this way witout addressing the pertinent issues then your biase is obvious .

Obviously there's been no realease of funds in the last 6months .

Nigeria has practically lived through 6months .
Even if ministers are not appointed in a years time .
We would survive .
Hence the need to start creating the foundation for a decent future for young and generations unborn.

Stop tackling the man PMB
Support him.

We were on auto-pilot for 6years .. Abi are we that forgiving to also forget when public funds were looted with impunity .

Like if you PMB is the man
Share if you think APC is a scam we all fell for
At least that autopilot made us the biggest economy in Africa; made us the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world; Made us the nation that foreign investors must invest in.
I prefer that autopilot, than this when there is no plane to even fly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by vigasimple(m): 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
larion:
Its rather unfortunate.

I weep for the country. Buhari was the best man for the job during the last election.
There was no doubt about it.
From my abode that morning, I jumped for joy as I sang d national anthem with INEC on TV as the old General was declared.

I said to myself, welcome to a new Nigeria.

Fast forward to now, its not just appalling, its disappointing, its shameful.
Buhari has been more than useless, to imagine this was the first president I ever prayed for in my life. I believed so much in him but not now. He is a disgrace, and has betrayed all those who trusted him.

Don't quote me and say I shouldn't be insulting adults or d president.
Cos if obasanjo was called all sorts, GEJ was labelled anyhow, nothing stops us from tagging PMB as deserved.

Let's leave trabalism or politics out. Buhari so far has Failed!

Two questions for Mr. Photography President.

1) If you appoint me for a position and I take 6months like u have taken to set up my cabinet with no immediate momemtum and/or result, won't you boot me out?

2) We know Nigeria was really messed up before you came in, but we expected that you Mr. President knew that but when you know you couldnt perform, why did you force yourself on us?

Yes you forced yourself when you kept coming out and even cried on national TV when you last lost.

My pain, anger and worry is, if d election was to take place again, I will still go for you Mr. Retired General despite how old and useless you have proven to be, so the question is, which way Nigeria? cry shey none of us get sense ni? Haba mana!

My friend, you have spoken well. Nigeria disease is called 200 millions mumu, as in MUMUISM led by MUHAMMADU Daura cow baba.

Buhari is a BORN TO RULE FULANI MAN with entitlement mentality.

Buhari unfortunately for this country, is an analogue phone in a smartphone era.

Rearing cow and selling the same is different from running a large economy like Nigeria.

He only became President because of Religion, Region and Tribalism.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Abagworo(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
slap1:
We know. The main objective was to return power to the north. It's done, now we have to live with this clueless, photocratic government.

And what is wrong with that? After all it was Northerners that gave Jonathan power in the 1st place.
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
Omotolu:
Which economy? Does Nigeria has one before?
the biggest economy in Africa; the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world; the nation that foreign investors must invest in.
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Omotolu:
Yeah the biggest in Africa. 3rd fastes growing economy in the world. Top destinations for foreign investors.
So we had a good economy.
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
Pavarottii:

Yeah the biggest in Africa. 3rd fastes growing economy in the world. Top destinations for foreign investors.
So we had a good economy.
...ok ooo.it's fun to day dream....
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
Pavarottii:

the biggest economy in Africa; the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world; the nation that foreign investors must invest in.
...keep repeating it till you believe it...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
A demented cow rustler have nothing to do with economy expansion.
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by project7(m): 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
With so many years of colossal waste, mismanagement and misappropriation of public funds, lack of national vision, lack of creative thinking, systemic encouragement of laziness and corruption, money laundering, state dependent on federal allocation, high level of illiteracy, lack of rule of law, impunity etc, I always wonder how this country still exist. Sometimes I feel the natural death factor will catch up with the country soon.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by wink2015(m): 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
[size=15pt]There has never been anytime Nigeria has a buoyant or robust economy. Although, this was not too revealing to us in the past because of the value of oil in the international market and corruption was at a reduced level compared to today.

Nigeria must move from a one product economy which is oil to a diversified economy. We should explore agriculture to its highest level.

We must also develop our technology to manufacture cars, machinery etc.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
IlekeHD:
This is the legacy GEJ left behind
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin

You're very very predictable, I knew I would see this comment.

Blame it on Jonathan cheesy cheesy cheesy please don't stop, even in the next three years. wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Malawian(m): 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2015
una vote out PHD, come vote FSLC.

cool down, na all of us go hear am together.

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Hiploko(m): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Malawian:
una vote out PHD, come vote FSLC.

cool down, na all of us go hear am together.

grin grin grin grin
pls wats FSLC( first skul leaving certificate)?
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
We are busy politicking whilst our economy is on the brink of collapse...what kind of country am I from...what is wrong with us...can we all stand together and tell buhari to work...this is a serious issue...our economy should be given immediate attention if we ever want to live at all...diversify this one track economy and let Nigerians live their lives...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by canalily(m): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
glimpse33:
Nigeria Needs To Start Practicing AUTHORITATIVE DEMOCRACY..
So As To Curb Corrupt Ministers/Commissioners/Governors Who Loot Funds

Here In Scotland, there is nothing like corruption cool
scotland or scoutlandundecided
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
wink2015:
[size=15pt]There has never been anytime Nigeria has a buoyant or robust economy. Although, this was not too revealing to us in the past because of the value of oil in the international market and corruption was at a reduced level compared to today.

Nigeria must move from a one product economy which is oil to a diversified economy. We should explore agriculture to its highest level.

We must also develop our technology to manufacture cars, machinery etc.[/size]
nigeria should embrace true federalism then we can combat what is to befall us...we can't move an inch forward...we need to go all out to attack all resources we have to fight against economic recession..we need power..we need jobs...nigeria needs to embrace resource control and true federalism to jump out of this useless state we are in...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by JurassicPark: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
I wonder the impression this man creates to the world about nigeria. Goes about making mouth from Nigeria to Mumbai, london, etc

Incoherent speeches, no road-map, depends on aides who are not professionals but mere political goons.

Advanced countries of the world will be mocking us secretly, nothing seems to be working in the name of fighting corruption.

This is what we get when we succumb and make decisions based on a skilfully sold propaganda where an old man who couldn't spend time acquiring further education aside secondary school papers can now appoint a SAN as a minister after being delayed for 6 months.

All these time wasting won't prevent the type of corruption entrenched in the fabric of this country. A thief will always steal as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

The CBN head is having a free-hand dishing out policies with the experience of managing a local bank. No check. No critical examination. Just roll 'em out sad

We are in for a long haul

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Malawian(m): 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
Hiploko:
pls wats FSLC( first skul leaving certificate)?
yep, what else. no WAEC we know of.
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by sammhi(m): 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
larion:
Its rather unfortunate.

I weep for the country. Buhari was the best man for the job during the last election.
From my abode that morning, I jumped for joy as I sang d national anthem with INEC on TV as the old General was declared.

Buhari has been more than useless, to imagine this was the first president I ever prayed for in my life. I believed so much in him but not now. He is a disgrace, and has betrayed all those who trusted him.

Cos if obasanjo was called all sorts, GEJ was labelled anyhow, nothing stops us from tagging PMB as deserved.

1) If you appoint me for a position and I take 6months like u have taken to set up my cabinet with no immediate momemtum and/or result, won't you boot me out?

2) We know Nigeria was really messed up before you came in, but we expected that you Mr. President knew that but when you know you couldnt perform, why did you force yourself on us?

Yes you forced yourself when you kept coming out and even cried on national TV when you last lost.

My pain, anger and worry is, if d election was to take place again, I will still go for you Mr. Retired General despite how old and useless you have proven to be, so the question is, which way Nigeria? cry shey none of us get sense ni? Haba mana!

i like your sincere write up except where you said if the election were held again ..you will vote for him..that makes u more useless than him
the problem with us in this country is that we allow some people to determine how we will move...the power that be prop up PMB to us the same way they did to GEJ...in 2011,

In 2011 I felt we needed someone like Ribadu but power that be foisted GEJ on us and he lost in 2015 because he was trying to be his own man! forget your useless vote .PMB was used to pacify the north by the powers that be because GEJ refused to hand over to a PDP northern fellow.
the truth is PMB is too archaic to rule in modern era and in a democratic setting. he is just learning on the job. As a military man, his job was more of military administration than what it is now ...that difference is what is making him so slow....
but we have to live with it...
am more worried that PMB rule is looking more like OBJ era of politics of bitterness, enmity, do or die and inability to tolerate opposition. more worisome is use of judiciary as pawn in bid to shut the opposition.....selective EFCC corruption fight ...these are all negative hallmarks of the OBJ era which seems to be rearing its ugly head now
the power that be would rather have PMB than a GEJ .
m

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Malawian(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
IzonOwei:
We are busy politicking whilst our economy is on the brink of collapse...what kind of country am I from...what is wrong with us...can we all stand together and tell buhari to work...this is a serious issue...our economy should be given immediate attention if we ever want to live at all...diversify this one track economy and let Nigerians live their lives...

what is he going to do? you cant give what you dont have.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
mikolo80:
so you prefer gej?
jeg even as weak as he was was porting for true federalism...the only way to expose nigeria to true development...policies is what will move this country forward and not the so called strictness of one man who finally has been bought by corrupt politicians to witch hunt political enemies at the expense of our economy...we all should wake up...more jobs are being lost...untold suffering is somehow lurking around...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
Malawian:

what is he going to do? you cant give what you dont have.
his well wishers and friends should shun witch hunting and save this country...
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by abbey621(m): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
larion:
Its rather unfortunate.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you, what's your basis for saying he has failed? You mentioned not putting his cabinet in place for six month and I tell you this, what difference would it have made? Don't tell me you actually believe Ministers and advisers will tackle the Boko Haram problem, solve the economic crisis and put us on the path to El-dorado? Am I disappointed in Buhari? Yes I am and the reason why I am disappointed is I was expecting him to be authoritative like the military era. I failed to realize the many obstacles facing him with our democratic form of governance. Buhari has been busy weeding out the stench in government and this means negotiating where and when appropriate and putting his foot down when needed. In May 2015, it was about 260 naira to 1 dollar, what is the rate now? The CBN directives put in place has stopped the crumbling of the Naira. You mention that he's a failure but could they be any bigger failure than the previous administration which we gave almost 6 years to move us in the right direction. Perhaps our expectations are too high, perhaps most of us don't really understand how complex it is to run the Nigerian government. Is Buhari a messiah, hell no! Is Buhari going to solve all our problems? Definitely not! Is Buhari doing the best he can? I believe so! I for one will tag him as a success if he accomplishes half of his campaign promises during his tenure. If he conquers Boko Haram, makes the Naira stronger, improves the unemployment rate and stabilizes electricity. If he can do these things, I will vote for him again come 2019!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by mikolo80: 6:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
IzonOwei:
jeg even as weak as he was was porting for true federalism...the only way to expose nigeria to true development...policies is what will move this country forward and not the so called strictness of one man who finally has been bought by corrupt politicians to witch hunt political enemies at the expense of our economy...we all should wake up...more jobs are being lost...untold suffering is somehow lurking around...
state two examples of true federalism under Jonathan
there are many ways to develop Nigeria, stop lying

buhari has track record of implementation,(goc, gov, minister, president, p t f chairman, nomination of akunyiĺi)
gej does not(cassava bread, rice, Nepa, refineries, resource control, amnesty, Stella thievery, dizzy looting, his she popo, etc) not one implementation except golden iPhone
he cannot probe his team but he can go after pdp
when pdp get power back they can then probe apc
half bread better than puff puff
nothing wrong with our economy
we don't have an econom
journalists are just trying to sell paper
as some local Champions lose jobs so do some of us who were unemployed throughout pdp rule are being employed
one man meat another poison
which mumu suffering when farmland boku
na Who wan suffer go suffer
if hunger gbab una properly
nobody go tell una to enter farm
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by M4gunners: 6:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
It is too late to cry my people. This is what you got when a presidential candidate refuse debate where he would've been ask questions concerning this same economic downturn. See you guys in the next 4years.
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by greatehis: 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=ochejoseph post=39487981]‎
ABUJA – ‎A coalition of over 60 Civil Society Organisations, CSOs, in Nigeria, yesterday, decried what they termed “steady and continuous decline of the Nigerian economy” under the watch of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The groups, at a strategy meeting they held in Abuja yesterday under the aegis of ‎Nigeria Civil Society Situation Room, said there was urgent need for President Buhari to evolve a sustainable economic plan that will attract foreign investors into ‎the country.
‎The leader of the coalition and Executive Director of Policy and Legal Advocacy Center, PLAC, Mr. Clement Nwankwo, in his opening remarks, said the “dwindling economic fortunes of Nigeria” could be a function of the inability of President Buhari to appoint his Ministers six months after he assumed office.
He said: “The major challenge we are currently facing is that we cannot see the urgency of ‎this administration to improve the situation. It was unfortunate that after the six months that it took to come up with list of proposed Ministers, those we saw are those that have always been around the hood.
“Why it took so long to forward their names to the National Assembly is quite a puzzle to us.
“Why Ministers who have been cleared have not been sworn in is also a puzzle to us. We are almost in the first week of November. The laws are clear that government should have submitted its budget projections for 2016 by now.
“We would have thought that Ministers would have been around to help finalise budget for presentation to the National Assembly.
“Everyday we hear on social media that some people have returned money they stole from the treasury. The government should do well by telling us who they are, the amount returned and since the money is unanticipated, we should be told what it will be used for.
“So much information and misinformation is a major worry for us. We are desperately concerned to see the government begin to function”.
Nwankwo also faulted the current foreign exchange regime operating in the country, saying, “person who is attune with modern day economics cannot recommend such”.
According to him, “We want to see change reflect in proper und‎erstanding of the Nigerian economy”.
Likewise, the Chief Executive Officer of Economic Associates, Dr. Ayo Teriba, in a paper entitled ‘Towards a Policy Framework For Economic Inclusion in Nigeria”, noted that President Buhari inherited so many economic problems from the past administration.
He however maintained that “this regime should do quick, wake up and address the problems”.
He said: “Using six months just to share portfolios is not how to go about it. ‎Currently, there is fiscal disconnect. The revenue of the government has declined, relative to the Gross Domestic Product.
“Nigeria has the highest economy, yet the lowest revenue. The revenue has steadily declined. The revenue to GDP in 2014 was 11%, while 25% is what non oil producing economies like South Africa, Egypt ‎ and Morocco, have. Other countries like Angola and Algeria that have oil, have higher revenue level of 33%.
“Nigeria should have about 40% like it use to have in 2004. The reason for the decline is not that revenue are not collected, but the leak-out from ‎government processes, e.g, crude oil theft, subsidy fraud, wide spread abuse of administration of import duty and tax waivers, abuses by autonomous income revenue collecting agencies that spend what they collect as they wish, only remitting about 80% to the Federal Government.
“There is also the issue of sectorial ‎and regional exclusion. We currently have one of the worst unemployment rate in Africa. Our economy today compared to 1960 is weaker. Nigeria needs an orderly plan to raise revenue. There is need for this administration to not only stop the leakages, but to also institute periodic watch on impact of fiscal reforms on revenue inflows.
“The new regime should have told us the situation they met at least by May, and what has changed within the first quarter since it took over. It should tell us if there is no more crude oil theft.
“Currently Nigeria has not been attracting foreign investment, we urge this administration to make the economy more attractive. Steady currency regime is required to spur growth”, he added.
‎Aside PLAC, other members of the Situation Room that met in Abuja yesterday included CLEEN Foundation, Action Aid Nigeria, Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD), Enough is Enough Nigeria, Wangonet, Partners for Electoral Reform, JDPC and Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth & Advancement (YIAGA), CWAE. Others are Development Dynamics,Human Rights Monitor, Election Monitor, Reclaim Naija, Institute for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, Centre LSD, CITAD, Stakeholder Democracy Network (SDN), CISLAC, WREP and Proactive Gender Initiative, among others.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/nigeria-economy-collapsing-gradually-csos-tell-buhari/?

If he continue with this speed, all those still summing up courage to hail him, would stone him in the next six months. However, if people could still ague for GAY, ISIS and B/Haram, then.......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by caprini1: 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
Omotolu:
I wonder o.
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by omolami: 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
Your new president dies not know anything about economy, but very good at vendetta, acrimony and deceit. One chance president

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by omolami: 6:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
Your new president does not know anything about economy, but very good at vendetta, acrimony and deceit. One chance president
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by arabianights: 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
glimpse33:
Nigeria Needs To Start Practicing AUTHORITATIVE DEMOCRACY..
So As To Curb Corrupt Ministers/Commissioners/Governors Who Loot Funds

Here In Scotland, there is nothing like corruption cool

shurrup over there !!!corruption is every where just that ours is done shamelessly with odasity and guts.is scotland your father's land? mumu
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by arabianights: 6:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
switesthart:
What economy is collapsing? When you analyse this way witout addressing the pertinent issues then your biase is obvious .

Obviously there's been no realease of funds in the last 6months .

Nigeria has practically lived through 6months .
Even if ministers are not appointed in a years time .
We would survive .
Hence the need to start creating the foundation for a decent future for young and generations unborn.

Stop tackling the man PMB
Support him.

We were on auto-pilot for 6years .. Abi are we that forgiving to also forget when public funds were looted with impunity .

Like if you PMB is the man
Share if you think APC is a scam we all fell for

they said we will divide,we are here .now dey say economy go into recession come 2016 by the so called cbn gov,let whom so ever imagines the worst be prepared to start doubting economists
Re: Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari by vislabraye(m): 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
larion:
Its rather unfortunate.

Welcome to the wailing wailers association. You don pick your form grin . But truth be told this presidentneeds to sit up. I have not abused Buhari half as what you have said but people on my fb will jump up and criticise me for just stating my views.
Well, I did not vote Buhari cos I didn't really believe in him (especially in the fight of kworruftion) but it is left for him to prove me wrong. I would gladly swallow my pride and give him kudos.
May God help us because it is in our interest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Should Make Jonathan’s Mistakes, Says Omokri / FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale / $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.