Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development (54584 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Joins The Board Of Gavi / Okonjo-iweala Joins Us Investment Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by rapmike(m): 11:47pm On Oct 30, 2015
chinchum:
She did not diversify the economy for over 5 years as the coordinating minister of economy in the midst of surplus, Crude oil was average of 100usd/barrel, it made 140-150usd /barrel at some point.

It is on record that the FG borrowed to pay April salaries for FG workers. She also told Nigerians to get ready for hard times in 2015.

In summary, she failed the nation.

Hey, Hey, it was not totally her fault. Its not her fault that we could not diversify before the oil drop happened. Who asked us not to diversify during those Obasanjo years? Why blame every evil thing that happened to Nigeria this year to her and Jonathan?

She may have done better but it removes nothing from the good she did (or tried to do). At least we were forgiven of the Paris Club debt, I remember her for that.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by vislabraye(m): 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
appini:
After all this achievements, Buhari is still aiming and fighting shadows!

Hahahahaaa at the picture. Una go kill person oh. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by francoworld4u: 11:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
Congrats Model! So happy for a successful Economist of our time. May GOD help us too. AMEN.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by chinchum(m): 11:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
rapmike:

Hey, Hey, it was not totally her fault. Its not her fault that we could not diversify before the oil drop happened. Who asked us not to diversify during those Obasanjo years? Why blame every evil thing that happened to Nigeria this year to her and Jonathan?

She may have done better but it removes nothing from the good she did (or tried to do). At least we were forgiven of the Paris Club debt, I remember her for that.
Obj era was not fortunate with d kind of oil boom during gej era. 2010-2015 was the missd period. She failed, no two ways. Nigeria had a budget benchmark in the region of 75usd/barrel, but we were well over 100usd/barrel at several times during that period. She was not just minister of finance, but co-ordinating minister of economy, she knew the tough times will come, but did next to nothing to plan for it. When pharaoh picked moses as co-ordinating minister of economyof Egypt in the midst of surplus, he planned for the years of scarcity. Iweala failed, and i bet she knows but cant admit openly
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by rapmike(m): 12:01am On Oct 31, 2015
chinchum:
Obj era was not fortunate with d kind of oil boom during gej era. 2010-2015 was the missd period. She failed, no two ways. Nigeria had a budget benchmark in the region of 75usd/barrel, but we were well over 100usd/barrel at several times during that period. She was not just minister of finance, but co-ordinating minister of economy, she knew the tough times will come, but did next to nothing to plan for it. When pharaoh picked moses as co-ordinating minister of economyof Egypt in the midst of surplus, he planned for the years of scarcity. Iweala failed, and i bet she knows but cant admit openly

Joseph not Moses.

I did not say she had a clean slate (she did not anyway), but some things were beyond her. You think she really had her way with handling that money? With all the politics in this country, it would have been hard to do anything reasonable ( that's why I mentioned Obasanjo's era as well). The thing is that she had come in and left, she is being honoured somewhere else and am sure she will do some good work with that. I hope the new cabinet that will be formed by Buhari can start work quickly, the country needs replies soonest.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by chinchum(m): 12:06am On Oct 31, 2015
rapmike:

Joseph not Moses.

I did not say she had a clean slate (she did not anyway), but some things were beyond her. You think she really had her way with handling that money? With all the politics in this country, it would have been hard to do anything reasonable ( that's why I mentioned Obasanjo's era as well). The thing is that she had come in and left, she is being honoured somewhere else and am sure she will do some good work with that. I hope the new cabinet that will be formed by Buhari can start work quickly, the country needs replies soonest.

Yes, Joseph.

No excuse, she could have resigned like she did under Obj, the role "co-ordinating minister of economy" made her failure unjustifiable.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by sweatlana: 12:13am On Oct 31, 2015
adehsenior:
Very soon all the APC e-rats will gather here to call her all sort of names. Who God has blessed no man can curse

apc e-rats... classic! grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by poseidon12: 12:34am On Oct 31, 2015
adehsenior:
Very soon all the APC e-rats will gather here to call her all sort of names. Who God has blessed no man can curse

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a blessing to Nigeria. I am very proud of her.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Fearcom(m): 12:47am On Oct 31, 2015
Sorry but a lot of people's IQ is no higher than a Lab Rat to realize that being highly educated doesn't make you immune to corruption and gross abuse of office: it only teaches you to be smarter in covering your tracks: No Wonder the bible says that that which is highly esteemed amongst men is an abomination is the eyes of God. It also says some people justify themselves in the eyes of men, but God knows their hearts. Men look on the outside while God looks at the heart. And the heart of many are cold and wicked, seeing only what they want to see and believing only what they want to believe.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 31, 2015
chinchum:

Shut up fool, obj era was the period of oil boom, that was why he wad able to save n increase our reserve without diversifying d economy. How old are u?

U people just come online to talk thrash
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Bollove: 1:25am On Oct 31, 2015
Harvard don't allow their student to rot ...
When u finished from Harvard , as alumni, your life is Gold in terms of sophisticated appointment across the globe whether you are good or not cuz Harvard is all Good so are there product.

She mismanaged Nigerian Economy no doubt about that , where is the savings from oil price @ $110/barrel during GEJ era .... and which significant project was carried out with this funds Though we may say political influence and politician interference affected her professional duties but She still failed as far as Nigerian Finance and Economy is concerned.

Harvard Alumni are simply powerful and that school on your CV with experiences at Executive levels will always land you juicy sophisticated jobs and network till your death.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by chinchum(m): 1:32am On Oct 31, 2015
DrDauda:

Shut up fool, obj era was the period of oil boom, that was why he wad able to save n increase our reserve without diversifying d economy. How old are u?

U people just come online to talk thrash
see this dunce eh !
The total oil receipts of gej from 2010-2015 surpasssed considerably that of obj from 99-07. In 1999, when obj came in a barrel of oil was around 12usd/barrel, the peak price during obj regime was roughly 75usd/barrel in mid 2006. YET, OBJ SAVED CONSIDERABLY for the yaradua regime.

GEJ regime had long periods of over 100usd/barrel

I dont relate with unlettered emotional fools, i deal with facts and figures.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Bollove: 1:39am On Oct 31, 2015
chinchum:
see this dunce eh !
The total oil receipts of gej from 2010-2015 surpasssed considerably that of obj from 99-07. In 1999, when obj came in a barrel of oil was around 12usd/barrel, the peak price during obj regime was roughly 75usd/barrel in mid 2006. YET, OBJ SAVED CONSIDERABLY for the yaradua regime.

GEJ regime had long periods of over 100usd/barrel

I dont relate with unlettered emotional fools, i deal with facts and figures.
Don't mind those dudes , read my post up above you.
The same thing with Arumah Oteh, when corruption was levelled against her regarding mismanagement of our capital market, GEJ shielded Arumah Oteh till she finished her tenure ... now, Check where she is : WorldBank.

All you have to do is be an Harvard Alumni and you are all GOOD for sophisticated appointments.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by 1miccza: 1:49am On Oct 31, 2015
Abugab:
A debt she negotiated to be forgiven and came in GEJ's era to coordinate another pilation of debt.
Would have been perfect if she had left after serving in OBJ's govt and she would have gone down in history as the best Finance Minister we have ever had.

Let me check okkkaaayyyy he's a mallam...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by 1miccza: 1:51am On Oct 31, 2015
godox2:
Had it been GEJ is as half discipline and hate corruption like PMB, and you initiate policies which will work in NGA, people would have love you more. But you and the 40 thieves it is not possible to perform. This would have been the perfect time to serve madam. While goodluck not GEJ oooo I mean real goodluck ma.

No pun intended but "is this English?"
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 31, 2015
opiaoku:

palm wine tapper.

pray your generation will archive 1% of her archivments.

onye ala
Biafra animal.... I don't want to get anywhere near the level of her achievement b4 i could positively influence the well-being of my neighbors...An Harvard certified professor that borrow to pay salary is a big shame
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by 1miccza: 1:53am On Oct 31, 2015
happydays1:

She improve the lives of some young graduates with youwin, what has APC done

Please ask again oo for months the fg's mantra has been " we will"
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 31, 2015
biafranqueen:
Only illiterates are still repeating this rubbish you wrote.
Only animals like u and ur Biafra brothers beat the drum of war... That said, i would have appreciated a concrete response laced with fact instead of this tantrum.......No man's land
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Xano(m): 1:55am On Oct 31, 2015
Congratulations Ma.
God continue to enrich you wherever you are.
Thank you for your help in securing a deal; forgiving the debt of Nigeria, freeing up necessary liquidity for growth of the country's economy and securing much-needed investments through the years.

We are grateful.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by 1miccza: 1:56am On Oct 31, 2015
azzima:
Isn't this the woman that Chukwuma Soludo called a World Bank SECRETARY and not an ECONOMIST?Whoever hires her is in for double wahala because like OBJ once said "You leave Ngozi unsupervised and you don enter One chance be Dat o".

Where is Soludo today? Are these world corporations giving her top ranking and tasking jobs blind? If you think it's easy to have a coordinating job at a corporation like the world bank try to apply and tell us the result

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by 1miccza: 1:57am On Oct 31, 2015
richeso:
Good records...
what about the BBOG Leader ? wetin she don get so far ?
She still dey vex say dem no share minister reÀch her
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by 1miccza: 1:59am On Oct 31, 2015
rapmike:

Joseph not Moses.

If they can. I am 40% sure they can't already
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by chinchum(m): 2:06am On Oct 31, 2015
Bollove:
Don't mind those dudes , read my post up above you.
The same thing with Arumah Oteh, when corruption was levelled against her regarding mismanagement of our capital market, GEJ shielded Arumah Oteh till she finished her tenure ... now, Check where she is : WorldBank.

All you have to do is be an Harvard Alumni and you are all GOOD for sophisticated appointments.

Well, of what use is a Harvard certificate that can get her shiny jobs , but cant transform lives of Nigerians.

Anyone sensible knows her youwin programme also failed on Cost-Benefit analysis. Spending abt 20 billion naira annually on 1,000 Nigerians(new +existing entrepreneur) was a failed programme. For Bleep sake there are tens of millions unemployed and ready to be engaged youths. Youwin was to amassed vain glory to GEJ govt.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by opiaoku: 2:15am On Oct 31, 2015
olatunji21:

Biafra animal.... I don't want to get anywhere near the level of her achievement b4 i could positively influence the well-being of my neighbors...An Harvard certified professor that borrow to pay salary is a big shame

then shatap your Hopless buccal cavity because even in your 1000 Hopless generations not even the most brilliant of your generations can attain 1% of her archivements so you better focus of your agbo selling business bastard vagabond
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Bollove: 2:30am On Oct 31, 2015
chinchum:

Well, of what use is a Harvard certificate that can get her shiny jobs , but cant transform lives of Nigerians.

Anyone sensible knows her youwin programme also failed on Cost-Benefit analysis. Spending abt 20 billion naira annually on 1,000 Nigerians(new +existing entrepreneur) was a failed programme. For Bleep sake there are tens of millions unemployed and ready to be engaged youths. Youwin was to amassed vain glory to GEJ govt.
I call it oligarchic conspiracy but many dudes in Nigeria especially the tribalists on this thread are ignorants..... it is not just life of Nigerians but that of humanity.

Nigeria Job is the most lucrative Job to all these people because it requires little accountability and transparency also, the Okonjos of these world are operating around dullards here that was why Oshiomole said she usually use PowerPoint presentation with good graphics to deceive them all . The impunity of Arumah oteh, Diezanni and Okonjo can never be tried in developed nations....
Nigerian Job is the most profitable venture for them ....

in Nigeria, check the lips and cheeks of Okonjo iweala in terms of fats gathered there compared with whenever she took foreign jobs .... she do little work here with large profit but over there , it is big big work cuz u gatto work for your pay.

You win was a scam .... the cost is huge , beneficiaries are small ... it was a scam to access funds.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Nobody: 2:32am On Oct 31, 2015
opiaoku:

then shatap your Hopless buccal cavity because even in your 1000 Hopless generations not even the most brilliant of your generations can attain 1% of her archivements so you better focus of your agbo selling business bastard vagabond
Biafra animal...I tot u fools promise to bring down the "Zoo" if Kalu is arrested? Wetin una dy wait for??
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by opiaoku: 2:37am On Oct 31, 2015
olatunji21:

Biafra animal...I tot u fools promise to bring down the "Zoo" if Kalu is arrested? Wetin una dy wait for??

Thunder scatter your mama head there no body is talking about the zoo here rather we're talking how misreable your generations are.

ezi ofia

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 31, 2015
This country is practically a joke and I am afraid may not get better because of the tribalistic nature of our in youth. Ngozi and Gej are simply a total failure who have together run aground the economy of this country. When they were both leaving, they were borrowing to pay salaries practically for 2 months because they refused to plan ahead. They loot the treasury of this country massively, implement anti people policies by devaluing naira to the detriment of the Nigeria people and satisfaction of their European interests. They keep deceiving our dump and uneducated Senate with grammar and power points just to siphon money and more money. You win was a disaster and an avenue to commit more lootery. This woman no doubt is a model as regards her achievement but she is a thief and should be jailed for running down the economy of this country. Right from Obasanjo, Abacha, Babangida, Saraki and all those Senators,Rep members, governors and ex governors,they all should he jailed, condemned and not praised like we keep doing here on Naira land just because she is from south.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by Excellentmind: 4:56am On Oct 31, 2015
When God is with you, who can attack you and remain safe? More soaring
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by chaziroh(m): 5:19am On Oct 31, 2015
She is a great woman , an icon and a rare gem
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD, Centre For Global Development by ostirich(m): 5:23am On Oct 31, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
A good woman... Going 4rm glory to glory

Since she left our economy has started nose diving

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CJTF Repells Suicide Bomber In Borno State (graphic Photos) / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / Kano Obidients Mount Billboard For Peter Obi Ahead Of His Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.