Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation (20572 Views)

Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing / Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days / Buhari, Osinbajo Declare Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Meritocracy: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2015
A good move by the government, that commission is the home of corruption. Corruption in recruitments and operations.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by okayode1(m): 9:07am On Oct 31, 2015
No wonder them Oga dey go voluntary retirement... oleh!
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by idupaul: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

I hate seeing corrupt individuals playing bado, all the mentioned names could as well loan Boohary some fund to administer this country.

Assets declaration is now a complete show of shame after the under-declared assets by Boohary & Pastor Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

No value was placed on their declared assets, no mention of their liabilities, (not even the 27Million Naira Loan collected by Buhary to obtain his nomination form).

Ministers under Buhary who have corruptly enriched themselves from their respective states and past appointments are also not obliged to declare their assets publicly.

What a departure from the promised CHANGE ?

APC Promised change is hoax and scam.

You made a lot of sense

1 Like

Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Mandyjosh: 9:18am On Oct 31, 2015
I agree wit dat inthat, Dia ar so many corruptions going on in custom
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by austelright(m): 9:19am On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

Ki lo kan lemomu pelu itan aja ?

Yes GEJ is gone.

But we must come to reality that APC is the newest scam in town, promising heaven on earth and denying everything thereafter.

If Buhary Ministers will not declare their assets publicly as promised by Gen. Mohamodu Buari during his campaign, then Buary himself is a fraudster.
pls go back to Buhari campaign promises, he said he will advice his minister to declare their assets publicly and not forces. Any minister that want to declare their assets publicly is free to do that. Pls next time try to quote someone very well, you have started to be an embarrassment lately.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by babafirst(m): 9:22am On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

Only Tinubu, Amaechi or Bukola Saraki can single handedly bail Nigeria out.

Buhary should approach them for soft/hard loan to run the country.
Tinubu and Amaechi loots already used to kick out gej.We will retrieve the ones from Diezanni,Orubebe ,Fanikayode and co which they stingily diverted for personal purposes.

1 Like

Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Boyewu: 9:24am On Oct 31, 2015
This is a good step taken by the “NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN” ,imagine a level 12 officer having Toyota Venza, a building in Wuse and some other things, you will know that he's living beyond his income. At times you will be wondering if they are paying them like times 5 of their salaries with the fleet of vehicles being parked @ opposite their office in Wuse Zone 2. This is a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by coldFLARES1(m): 9:26am On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

LouisVanGaal, learn and be bold to say the truth, if Buhary ministers will not declare their assets publicly, then, Buhary is a SCAM.

Btw: stop referring to GEJ again, we are now in the era of CHANGE, abi no be so ?

APC, Party of professional liars and career looters.
As a supporter of the APC, though not quite impressed so far, I have elected to be careful about condemning their performance. When I consider the bile with which your gang make blanket condemnation, I feel pains for the kind of vile critics you folks are. For me, until such a time when you can use the average revenue per bbl of crude oil at $108 as yardstick to benchmark the performances of GEJ and PMB, then you don't have a basis for comparison.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by jimmayoy: 9:39am On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

Yes GEJ is gone.

But we must come to reality that APC is the newest scam in town, promising heaven on earth and denying everything thereafter.

If Buhary Ministers will not declare their assets publicly as promised by Gen. Mohamodu Buari during his campaign, then Buary himself is a fraudster.

There's no law that says asset declaration should be made publicly, what PMB and osibanjo did was just a gesture and a fulfilment of their electoral promise, this Govt is just getting most things right, all we need now is patience, am 85% sure this Govt ll deliver.wailing is a free option anyway.

1 Like

Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Laid2001: 9:43am On Oct 31, 2015
can you ref where Bohaari said he will force all his ministers to declare assets publicly!. He who asserts must proof!!
Firefire:

Yes GEJ is gone.

1 Like

Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by yhemsy62(m): 9:44am On Oct 31, 2015
Adewusi should also declare his asset cus he has dried all agents pocket here at idiroko vehicle seat. Idiroko area command Ogun state
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by screampete(m): 9:55am On Oct 31, 2015
Aufbauh:
Interesting, how i wish my landlord who is a highly placed custom officer (currently an ACG) will just do the needful and hand over the property document to me as a gift to ease his burden of explanations to the garrison commander Col. Hameed Ali.
# just thinking aloud though

I learnt that some of the properties of Mr Musa Tahir DCG Auction has been confiscated and his account frozen.....

I doubt this exercise will yield the needed results as most custom officers don't keep money in the bank, they prefer to convert naira cash to dollars and hoard it at home. Again most of them buy properties by proxy in the name of a relation.
lol... How did you know this So true, They don't bank at all.. I know one Ahmed nuhu.. He lives in festac, he's one of the DCG in Tincan Island.. I was he's gf's best friend.. She told me how this man made one strong room in his house, and stashed it with loads of different currency.. £.$.€.¥. He own the best and number one hotel in warri through his brother.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2015
Talk,talk,talk without action.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 31, 2015
Boyewu:
This is a good step taken by the “NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN” ,imagine a level 12 officer having Toyota Venza, a building in Wuse and some other things, you will know that he's living beyond his income. At times you will be wondering if they are paying them like times 5 of their salaries with the fleet of vehicles being parked @ opposite their office in Wuse Zone 2. This is a welcome development.
Don't make me laugh. Level 12? I know of level 8 officers who have acquired more than that.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Obiwiz(m): 9:59am On Oct 31, 2015
I hope the sanitisation in Nigeria Customs Service won't also be one-sided or sentimental? Meanwhile, let Mr buhari and his cronies go and pay up the retirement benefits and entitlements of officers of Nigeria Customs Service who retired in the past four to five months. Stop the mouth-action governance.
Meanwhile, I think the Nigerian Police Force is what really needs urgent reforms and restructuring the most. Even the blind can see dat.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Adortem: 10:25am On Oct 31, 2015
Those custom officers eh,know a custom boss like that,all his children and children's spouses work with custom,the man has mega hotels and schools in major cities in Nigeria including his home town to mention but a few. Lucky enough for him,he is retired,so he wouldn't need to declare any asset. In all things,there is God o o...
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 31, 2015
shaddoww:

http://thenationonlineng.net/customs-orders-officers-to-declare-assets/

1984 has started repeating again. Buhari is sacking n forcefully retiring civil servants.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by coolbreeze44: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2015
The Nigerian custom is one of the most corrupt body that is existing. Those guys robbed me of 50k. They stopped me, demanded for my custom papers, made a call to their area command giving them my details and told me my papers were fake and they would impound my car. I was shocked because I was too sure of its authenticity. I begged like a baby for over 2hrs and they finally accepted 50k upon requesting for 200k. At a latter time, I decided to verify the papers from two different sources and it was authentic. Beware of those guys!
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by Gamesmart: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2015
John Atte, Ibrahim Mera, Musa Tahir, Austin Nwosu and Akinade Adewuyi

Candidates for jail.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by hinwazaka: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2015
Lies and coverup. After half of the hegemony of the customs service unanimously quit the service due to the inevitable mismanagement of the service, the stup1d APC propaganda machine released this trash. Why wasn't this mentioned before the officers retired. Anyone who believes this is a FOOL.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by badexmuzter: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2015
Yeah, that's a military officer. The standard must be kept high always
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by gbishman: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2015
Very well done Col Hammed Ali, Again sanity is been brought to the system. May God strengthen u and give u the wisdom to see it through
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by BALLOSKI: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2015
modath:

Nigeria customs service officers if they pool resources can bailout Nigeria if they really want to. smiley

They've turned themselves into parallel import duties collectors... Harassing returning travelers join. undecided
modath (f)

Did you just add the (f)?
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by firdaous: 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mr president, I thank God for giving you the wisdom to have a square peg in a perfect square hole for the new headship in the Nigeria custom service
How I wish the same asset declaration is extended to other military and paramilitary agencies
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by chinchum(m): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

How can revenue increase when the currently generated revenue are being diverted by the people in charge?

If revenue will increase, don't you know it is the ordinary Nigerians that will pay the increase ?

If FIRS increase its drive for compliance without first blocking all the present loopholes, you will see all businesses in Nigeria applying 5 percent VAT and the prices of goods and services will increase across the country which will then fuel hyperinflation.

The govt. should first address the issue of revenue diversion before thinking of making any attempt to increase Nigerians burden and suffering.

Shalom!
There is a new admin , i dont think Diezani is still min of petroleum, or Umaru Dikko is still customs boss. Yes Nigerians will account for the increase in revenue , but not just Nigerians or ordinary Nigerians ,it will also include who ever has anything to do with Nigeria. The NCC just fined MTN 1thrillion naira , i am certain MTN will pay at the very least a good fraction of that fine in to federation account. First bank and Ecobank were also fined for failing to comply with TSA, and you can bet they will all pay. Import Tarriff waiver on Rice to mostly government cronies got suspended e.t.c

This admin will surely block loopholes, the first 6 months of this admin runs out by November ending, i call it the honeymoon period, the Next 6 months thereafter will be a different tempo. It wont come easy no doubt, but the impact will be clearly visible by Middle of 2017, I can bet.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by modath(f): 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
BALLOSKI:
modath (f)

Did you just add the (f)?

I did 2 days ago, grin after " harassments" from some friends on some other boards who feel some misogynists here are too hard on my moniker.smiley
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by billyG(m): 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
Firefire:

Only Gej,PeJ,Diezeani,Tinubu, Amaechi or Bukola Saraki can single handedly bail Nigeria out.

Buhary should approach them for soft/hard loan to run the country.
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by osazeeblue01: 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Buhari ministers and d new INEC CHAIRMAN don declear assets?
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
anonimi:

What EXACTLY is unconstitutional? To declare assets or to declare it publicly?
When una find unasef for tight corner na so una go dey yarn okpata nonsense.

Meanwhile, Oga Lawyer LIAR is it constitutional for your CONFUSED Sai Buubu to make customs officers declare their assets when other employees of the SAME government are not being compelled to do likewise
You should be ashamed of yourself! Is buhari the Sole administrator of customs? Why do you like to distort issues to soothe your stance?

1 Like

Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by biodunid: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
"Sources close to the service told our correspondent yesterday that any officer who made a false financial declaration would be detected through their bank verification numbers (BVNs) recently introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)."
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by anonimi: 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
You should be ashamed of yourself! Is buhari the Sole administrator of customs? Why do you like to distort issues to soothe your stance?

When you typed the comment below you assumed Jonathan was the sole administrator of NCC, right

LouisVanGaal:
What's d diff between dis govt and that of a military regime? The ONLY diff is freedom of speech...every other thing tallies! GEJ is a devil in disguise!

This man has perfected the art of seduction! Using his presumed meekness and puerile smile to beguile a large section of d populace...

And he would come out saying...'My ambition doesn't worth the blood of any nigerian'..he's has no spirit of sportsmanship/fairplay in him!

What a bloody, shameless HYPOCRITE you are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRmufi5x_4
Re: Customs Orders Officers To Declare Assets - The Nation by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
anonimi:

When you typed the comment below you assumed Jonathan was the sole administrator of NCC, right

What a bloody, shameless HYPOCRITE you are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRmufi5x_4
you still don't make ANY sense as usual..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo Represents Aisha Buhari At West African College Of Nursing Event / Militants Threaten To Stop Oil Exploration Over PMB's Focus On Northern Nigeria / Miyetti Allah, Rice Farmers, Others Endorse Tinubu In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.