Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers (42074 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough / Tinubu Must Beg Saraki Else His Ministerial Nominees Will Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 31, 2015
ademega:
I know you know what is best for us. just do it!
we are behind u. wailers can do the needful.
If I see anything contrary to his campaign promise I will wail oooooo!The more I wail the more you develop heartache.Wailing continua.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by amazingspiderma: 9:25am On Oct 31, 2015
oz4real83:
I'm very happy with your comment. If everybody understands u and everything u do,then u are very "ORDINARY". Jesus christ even said it and likened a man that is born of the spirit like "a wind". U can't understand where the wind is coming from neither where it is going to. We have seen many cases where weather predictions were absolutely wrong!. The summary of this all is that President Buhari has a big and great plan for Nigeria. Simple!!!
What great plan are you talking about ,a plan that he cannot communicate to Nigerians in simple words.
The Late President Yar'adu and GEJ said Nigeria should be among the top 20 economies by 2020.This was clear,concise and simple, and currently within the past two years we have been within the top 25 economies just in 2015.
So far I have not hear any clear and concise statement from PMB on the economy even after six months.

Please for the records no economy in the world should be compared to weather forecast,even that of Zimbabawe.The reference to Jesus's qoute does not apply here.This is economics.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2015
He promised to cut down the cost of governance by reducing the number of his cabinet.Why does he want to add more to his fec?
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by porka: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/we-cant-afford-to-pay-42-ministers-buhari/

Buhari while reacting to question on the the divide in the National Assembly over Rotimi Amaechi’s confirmation as minister said he did not walk into the presidency alone hence he can not work alone and that some of those having problems at the National Assembly he had never meet them.

‘This is team work I said I know people but there are people that I accept from other people in our team that I trust without even knowing them.’

‘May be those that are having problem in the National Assembly I doubt if I have meet him in my life but then I am working with others.’

[size=13pt]Is Buhari doubting he ever met Amaechi in his life?

What kind of answer is this? They have traveled together many times.[/size]
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by millionboi(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2015
blackpanda:
Everyday I bless God for this man called Buhari! Finally we have a govt that thinks outside the box!!!

God bless PMB!!!!
fool
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by jumobi1(m): 9:29am On Oct 31, 2015
Will they still not be paid as their counterparts heading ministries? I understand this might save costs (ex. Flights, entertainment, office staff).

Are we paying people salaries to be ministers of nothing because the constitution says we must have at least 1 minister from each state? That sounds like a stupid constitution and like the drafters didn't understand economics. Like Ive said before, if all states must be represented, Katsina, Lagos, Kwara and whatever states Dogara, the CJ, the SGF, COS, military chiefs etc are from should have already been considered represented.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2015
babafirst:
Thanks my bro.Pls include that Adebayo Shittu that couldn't comment because of Boko Haram.
That man shouldn't be given any ministry. I propose each of the six geo-political zone having nothing less than three ministers heading ministries. In all, there will be eighteen ministers heading ministries. The President may choose, periodically, to swap those without ministries with those with ministries.

In the South West, Fashola (Lagos), Fayemi (Ekiti) and Adewole (Osun); in the South South, Amaechi (Rivers), Kachikwu (Delta) and Udoma (Akwa-Ibom); in the South East, (Abia), (Anambra) and Onu (Ebonyi); in the North Central, Ocholi (Kogi), Ogbe (Benue) and (Niger).

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2015
knostbrown01:

Which kind Government be dis ?? , go enter foreign land go dey speak wetin he supposed talk for HOME.
The nigerian media will not ask him critical questions about the dwindling economy of the nigeria simply because they want to lobby for one favor or other from him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2015
2nd Mourinho of our time
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by oz4real83(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2015
Daplux4:

What great plain with all this corrupt ministers. Nigeria will face another economic hardship in the next four years. I thought buhari will ignor Tinubu,obasanjo and all those corrupt leaders on his choice of ministers
some weapons can be source of deliverance to some people while also a source of destruction to others. When Li kwaen yu (may his soul rest in peace) became the president of Singapore, he didn't kill the corrupt people. The same group that were killing singapore before he came to power were also the ones he used in moving the country from poverty to wealth. Leadership matters a lot. We have a new president who has promised change. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. Let's give them four years and if we don't see any sign of progress then we can shout. Our votes have become might weapon and all politicians have realised that.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by ademega(m): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2015
Love Machine:
If I see anything contrary to his campaign promise I will wail oooooo!The more I wail the more you develop heartache.Wailing continua.

for how long my brother?
I wish best of luck in your new chosen path
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by jeffizy(m): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2015
knostbrown01:

Which kind Government be dis ?? , go enter foreign land go dey speak wetin he supposed talk for HOME.
But.you heard what he said.
That's what matters.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2015
sweatlana:
Confused man.... WHY is he telling such vital information about Nigeria to Indian undecided

Washing our dirty linen in public. Instead of him to portray Nigeria as a good country to invest in, he is telling the world we are broke.

NOBODY WILL INVEST IN A BROKE ECONOMICALLY CRIPPLED COUNTRY!!! NO matter the potential.
buhari should stop begging for handouts and put nigerias best foot forward.
These are investors not charity organisation!!!
Most of those oil bunkerers will make a good investment locally rather than seeking for foreign investors who will come and pack our money back to their own country.Obj did the same by traveling to Europe every minute to lobbied for investors.We are still in the same mess today.Let encourage our own investors.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by Mrsaeed(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2015
I you like don't even assign the Ministers.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2015
bewla:
But he is still your president for four years
Northern president.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:41am On Oct 31, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Is Buhari doubting he ever met Amaechi in his life?

What kind of answer is this? They have traveled together many times.[/size]
Amaechi is most likely going to head the Niger Delta Ministry.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by Nicepoker(m): 9:43am On Oct 31, 2015
ademega:
I know you know what is best for us. just do it!
we are behind u. wailers can do the needful.
basking in the euphoria of 5tupidity
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by vitiyke(m): 9:43am On Oct 31, 2015
sweatlana:
Confused man.... WHY is he telling such vital information about Nigeria to Indian undecided

Washing our dirty linen in public. Instead of him to portray Nigeria as a good country to invest in, he is telling the world we are broke.

NOBODY WILL INVEST IN A BROKE ECONOMICALLY CRIPPLED COUNTRY!!! NO matter the potential.
buhari should stop begging for handouts and put nigerias best foot forward.
These are investors not charity organisation!!!
u re a dumb
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by olan4ward: 9:46am On Oct 31, 2015
I fully support d president decision. D era of squandering our resources on so called political office holder has gone. Governance should not be an avenue to acquire wealth but to serve one's fatherland with utmost loyalty. I know some of these confirmed ministers will by now realize dat it is not going to be business as usual.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by ChelseaDr(m): 9:50am On Oct 31, 2015
Pls the Legal gurus in da house, can someone enlighten us on the composition of the FEC and the implications of appointing/screening a ministerial nominee without a corresponding portfolio... what is the place of the constitution in this matter.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 31, 2015
chukkiephil:
my brother I don't know if you know that we have other resources?? And we have the most important one called population?? Nigeria is a very rich country if well managed!! And so far I don't think we have a serious government!! He will keep on beating about the bush 4years of our lives will come and go!!! angry

It is still early to tell. I did not become a critic of GEJ until 2012/13 (and still think that a few of his ideas eg removal of subsidy were good, and even then I was still suspicious of the PDP as a whole....his predecessors had really made me upset)....and yes, PMB has been slow to tell us what he would do..

Part of the problem is that there is no money. GEJ came into office with higher prices, so he could afford to hit the ground running. PMB came in with low oil price....which had been going on for months beforehand....so any project has to take into account the fact that we are not earning enough revenue from oil.

Left to me now....we have to focus on power and education and mass transit. Everything can take care of itself. GEJ did not save enough money.....but even if he had....that would have only pushed the problem till next year. In my honest opinion, we need to run an austeirty government. Remove subsides, fight corruption, and focus on the three things I mentioned earlier.

Selling groundnuts, cocoa and palm oil won't help us much. Prices in those areas are very very fluctuant. And selling minerals too is not the way forward either.

What we need is an innovative economy....and it starts with fixing the power, and education and mass transit.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by whatofyou: 9:59am On Oct 31, 2015
I have been keeping hope for long; a staunch supporter of Mr. President but I am going to ask,"what sort of govt is our Oga running!"

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by emmasege: 10:05am On Oct 31, 2015
demarc001:
I bet Dat one no concern Amaechi!
I don talk am say e be like say dis man body no dey work well with Naija weda.
Buhari will always find his voice to speak only when he is out of the country!
u dey mind the dullard. He's only man enough to talk outside the country but when he comes back home, he sits back to watch Femi speak controversially for the government.
Blessed is he who does not expect much from this dull & purposeless government, for he shall not suffer a heart attack.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by knostbrown01(m): 10:05am On Oct 31, 2015
jeffizy:

But.you heard what he said.
That's what matters.
What matters?? ... how will you feel if your parents goes to neighbour and tell dem you eat too much food n has wrecked d family And the so called neighbours are now the one telling you dt?
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by porka: 10:07am On Oct 31, 2015
oz4real83:
some weapons can be source of deliverance to some people while also a source of destruction to others. When Li kwaen yu (may his soul rest in peace) became the president of Singapore, he didn't kill the corrupt people. The same group that were killing singapore before he came to power were also the ones he used in moving the country from poverty to wealth. Leadership matters a lot. We have a new president who has promised change. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. Let's give them four years and if we don't see any sign of progress then we can shout. Our votes have become might weapon and all politicians have realised that.

[size=13pt]In reality, four years is one day at a time.

Nothing stands still till the years roll by. And the economy is measured in daily productivity period. Then weeks and then months. And factories are closing, SMEs are folding up, jobs are being lost and families devastated.

As much as you would like people to wait for four years like zombies without uttering a word, economic realities won't permit.

For students and such dependants, it could be 'worth' the wait, afteall they still being fed, but productive adults and business owners and corporations don't have such luxury. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by banki(m): 10:08am On Oct 31, 2015
rozayx5:
whats wrong with this dolllard and foreogn media..

he discusses local issues with foreign media ... while leaving his voters back home in the unknown

The interview was done with chukwuma onuekwusi of channels television and was aired on channels tv....

Keep wailing
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by emmasege: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2015
Love Machine:
He promised to cut down the cost of governance by reducing the number of his cabinet.Why does he want to add more to his fec?
That tells u how confused ur president is. Are those ministers without portfolio not going to collect salaries, get official accommodation & cars, have their own aides?
This is the fate of a nation whose teeming populace chose to be scammed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by porka: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Amaechi is most likely going to head the Niger Delta Ministry.
[size=13pt]
Is that what he meant by he never met him before?

What has heading the Niger Delta Ministry got to do with Buhari's statement of ever meeting Amaechi before?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by LydayBobo(m): 10:15am On Oct 31, 2015
knostbrown01:

mention one country that his economy indices are not in the public domain. The media will only ask you the question to set you for proper drilling in case you lied. They have the facts.
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by chukkiephil(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2015
bushdoc9919:

It is still early to tell. I did not become a critic of GEJ until 2012/13 (and still think that a few of his ideas eg removal of subsidy were good, and even then I was still suspicious of the PDP as a whole....his predecessors had really made me upset)....and yes, PMB has been slow to tell us what he would do..

Part of the problem is that there is no money. GEJ came into office with higher prices, so he could afford to hit the ground running. PMB came in with low oil price....which had been going on for months beforehand....so any project has to take into account the fact that we are not earning enough revenue from oil.

Left to me now....we have to focus on power and education and mass transit. Everything can take care of itself. GEJ did not save enough money.....but even if he had....that would have only pushed the problem till next year. In my honest opinion, we need to run an austeirty government. Remove subsides, fight corruption, and focus on the three things I mentioned earlier.

Selling groundnuts, cocoa and palm oil won't help us much. Prices in those areas are very very fluctuant. And selling minerals too is not the way forward either.

What we need is an innovative economy....and it starts with fixing the power, and education and mass transit.

all u have said is future and past tense let's talk about present, if u can answer this question, I will rest my case, what is the current government's economic plans/blueprint/direction/policy? What plans does it have to resuscitate the economy? Buhari contested for this position a record 4times before getting it! One would have thought that he has got everything figured out or planned waiting for implementation to salvage the country but all am seeing is is confused government going back and forth
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by DrHighchief(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2015
Y d noise about Ameachi, u people v succeeded in making Ameachi d most popular politician in Nigeria. Has any competent court of law convicted Ameachi? He is d Lion of Ubima, d Jagaban of Niger Delta, d man dat led to d fall of a party that promised to rule us in the next 60yrs.
Bobbystanley:
Amaechi could be one of them.

He is too corrupt to be a minister.
If Amaechi becomes a minister, then the fight against corruption of this administration would be a joke.

Dats how some of our media houses painted buhari black during the campaign days but now he is the president. He who God has blessed, no man can curse
Sai Buhari
Sai Ameachi
Sai Nigeria
Re: Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers by dabossman(m): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2015
Nothing new here. Only those living in denial will not know that we are broke.

OldJohn:
This man doesn't care about Nigerians. Always going abroad to make announcements.

Fool

I too wish he would address Nigerians more on issues like this, but if all it results in is insults, no matter what the content is, then maybe he shouldn't bother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Why I No Go Make Yanga": Dino Melaye Steps Out In Style / Governor Obaseki’s Convoy Accident: 7 Dead On His Way To AAU Convocation / List Of 12 Politicians Eyeing Buhari’s Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.